What happened to LaMelo Ball?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,111

Re: What happened to LaMelo Ball? 

Post#61 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Sun May 12, 2024 12:18 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:You can tell people just don't watch the Hornets.

We were down 2 of our top 4 players for most of the season. So when you take away 2 of our best players of course we are gonna suck. The fact we didn't end up with the worst record without 2 of our best players tells you we obviously aren't that bad in terms of talent.

Spurs/Washington/Detroit had their best player for most of the season. We had ours for 20 games. It's possible we are a play in team if Melo stays on the court.

Bro stop. LaMelo with those guys on the court isn't going to cut it. We been through this before. M Williams, nice talent. But we are talking about wins and playoffs an really fundamental concepts that the culture does not have. I'm sorry fella.
Bro think his opinion holds weight. :lol:

Your franchise has never made a conference finals? Have they been to the second round ? It’s not an opinion
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,738

Post#62 » by 316Hornets » Sun May 12, 2024 12:43 am

Lamelo still only 22 years old. And he's a tall lanky PG, those types peak later usually because they rely more on length than quickness.

He's obviously a talented passer and able to run an offense efficiently, it's just a question of what pieces fit. Brandon Miller and Lamelo haven't played a whole lot together so there's potential for a huge increase in production, especially with another early lotto pick incoming.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#63 » by cdubbz » Sun May 12, 2024 12:44 am

Dude is going to tattoo his entire body :lol:

From seeing his tattoos (which I think look awful) to his branding to his interviews - everything about Lamelo Ball seems corny.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#64 » by cdubbz » Sun May 12, 2024 12:48 am

Castle Black wrote:
Side note: if his most recent tattoo is any indication, he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed either (though I do appreciate him honoring Wemby like this).

I think what Nike is doing with Wemby's logo is 100% intentional to Lamelo and his marketing. The whole alien, rare, 1 of 1, etc. Lamelo has an alien tattoo, alien diamond chain, multiple art pieces he shows off with outerspace theme. Not that Nike feared the competition, but they're claiming the alien logo and they're going to make it huge.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Post#65 » by Vampirate » Sun May 12, 2024 12:57 am

EmpireFalls wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:Hornets' fans have to defend him because of the team's investment, but let's be real, they would rather have any other young star than him. He's so immature and has glass ankles. Is this the guy you really want leading your franchise? For me, no thanks.

The only thing worse than having an immature young star is not having a young star at all.

We will take what we can get.

From a talent perspective Lamelo is undeniable.

And while he's All Star caliber I have serious doubts that he'll get to All NBA level.

His best FG% is 43.6, his best 3P% is 38.9% and FT% his best was at 87.2

He's a decent rebounder, but not particularly good. He's not a good defender.

Very gifted passer but has never had a 10 assist type of season. He's pretty much a poor version of Hali atm with better rebounding.

Neither are good defenders at all.

If LaMelo is going to break into an All NBA player his FG% needs to hit above 45%, something like a 47/38/88 season will do that to go along with the passing.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,450

Post#66 » by Black Jack » Sun May 12, 2024 1:04 am

Guy does not care. I can't risk my franchise on anyone wearing those pants and with those tattoos :lol:
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,303

Post#67 » by Dan Z » Sun May 12, 2024 1:13 am

cdubbz wrote:

From seeing his tattoos (which I think look awful) to his branding to his interviews - everything about Lamelo Ball seems corny.

How much do you think he paid for those pants? haha.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,321

Post#68 » by DaGawd » Sun May 12, 2024 1:42 am

cdubbz wrote:

he’s def that sheltered suburban kid whose wylin out now that he’s in his own and free
BaF
Washington Wizards
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,332

Post#69 » by KembaWalker » Sun May 12, 2024 2:04 am

Vampirate wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:Hornets' fans have to defend him because of the team's investment, but let's be real, they would rather have any other young star than him. He's so immature and has glass ankles. Is this the guy you really want leading your franchise? For me, no thanks.

The only thing worse than having an immature young star is not having a young star at all.

And while he's All Star caliber I have serious doubts that he'll get to All NBA level.

Very gifted passer but has never had a 10 assist type of season. He's pretty much a poor version of Hali atm with better rebounding.

If LaMelo is going to break into an All NBA player his FG% needs to hit above 45%, something like a 47/38/88 season will do that to go along with the passing.

LaMelo is much better than Hali, finally dumping Rozier will show that the same way Hali needed to get away from DeAaron Fox
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,911

Post#70 » by One_and_Done » Sun May 12, 2024 2:07 am

Calvin Klein wrote:Never looked like the type of player who cared too much about winning basketball. Just looking cool and being famous.

His floor game sucks. He does not play winning basketball. Maybe That'll change when the team improves, but if I was a winning team I'd be leery of adding him.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by One_and_Done » Sun May 12, 2024 2:09 am

DaGawd wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

he’s def that sheltered suburban kid whose wylin out now that he’s in his own and free

Tattooing that much of your body is actually really bad for your health long term. It's why so many Yakuza members have kidney problems.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Post#72 » by Vampirate » Sun May 12, 2024 3:31 am

KembaWalker wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:The only thing worse than having an immature young star is not having a young star at all.

LaMelo is much better than Hali, finally dumping Rozier will show that the same way Hali needed to get away from DeAaron Fox

Turn off the homerism

LaMelo's highest TS% is 56.1, Tyrese lowest TS% is 57.5, this is including seasons where he was playing with Fox who was apparently 'holding him back'.

LaMelo has never been as efficient as Hali, ever, in any season, including the seasons Hali was on the Kings.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,549

Post#73 » by BigGargamel » Sun May 12, 2024 3:34 am

Fans of long time bad teams thinking their teams aren't bad is funny to me. :lol:

And I know what I'm talking about. Look at the logos under my user name. You can still be a fan and admit your teams are trash. And the Hornets have been since my generation was wearing their starter jackets in the mid 90's. :lol:
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,879

Post#74 » by JustBuzzin » Sun May 12, 2024 3:34 am

One_and_Done wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Tattooing that much of your body is actually really bad for your health long term. It's why so many Yakuza members have kidney problems.

Tattoos are bad for your health? :o
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by One_and_Done » Sun May 12, 2024 3:39 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:
DaGawd wrote:he’s def that sheltered suburban kid whose wylin out now that he’s in his own and free

https://www.huffpost.com/archive/ca/entry/tattoos-sweat_n_15915656
Only when you have a lot.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,321

Post#76 » by DaGawd » Sun May 12, 2024 3:41 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:
DaGawd wrote:he’s def that sheltered suburban kid whose wylin out now that he’s in his own and free

seems of obvious from a logic standpoint even if it isn’t broadcast as such. having ink permanently etched in to your skin seems sus.. and i say that as someone with tattoos
BaF
Washington Wizards
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,879

Post#77 » by JustBuzzin » Sun May 12, 2024 4:01 am

DaGawd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:Tattooing that much of your body is actually really bad for your health long term. It's why so many Yakuza members have kidney problems.

seems of obvious from a logic standpoint even if it isn’t broadcast as such. having ink permanently etched in to your skin seems sus.. and i say that as someone with tattoos

I'm the only person in my family without a tattoo. I always thought I would look crazy when I got in my 50's and 60's.

I always thought they looked cool though on other people.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,455

Post#78 » by brutalitops » Sun May 12, 2024 4:07 am

He actually also started playing winning basketball this year and then went down with another ankle injury.

Ultra talented, good size but was just running and gunning without making great solid plays. He turned it right around for 15-20 or so games.

With his history of ankle injuries in literally 3 seasons it's fair to hold him out and give him an extended break to heal and work on strengthening the issue
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,391

Post#79 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:24 am

Yoshun wrote:He's a great player, but he never plays. That's really what happened.

He’s like me then minus guaranteed NBA contract
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#80 » by cdubbz » Sun May 12, 2024 5:06 am

Lamelo has only played OVER 51 games ONCE in 4 seasons. One 36 game season & a 22 game season this past year.

He has elite PG talent and his game and has the height. Would be nice for him to have good health going forward and we can see what he can do for a full season.

Return to The General Board