Lakers reportedly want LeBron back ‘on any term that he wants.’ Including possibly drafting Bronny.

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,499

Re: Lakers reportedly want LeBron back ‘on any term that he wants.’ Including possibly drafting Bronny. 

Post#61 » by WestbrookGOATed » Sun May 12, 2024 3:32 am

Why not just trade him for pieces to build around? They need to trade Lebron and AD. This team is only getting older and doesn't have many ways to improve this offseason. They aren't a championship caliber team by any means.
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,532

Re: Lakers reportedly want LeBron back ‘on any term that he wants.’ Including possibly drafting Bronny. 

Post#62 » by doogie_hauser » Sun May 12, 2024 3:47 am

BigGargamel wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:
BlzMwt wrote:
An organization bending over backwards for a current top 10 player and one whom many consider the possible GOAT is them becoming a sham?

Two things

On this season's out put, no way is Lebron still a top ten player in this league and secondly, the way they are selling their future potential championship/success hopes in order to accommodate Lebron and his ego really is embarrassing

They will pay him the max 3 year extension too.

Yeah this is what I mean.

If it was a team like Sacramento, Orlando, Indiana, even Denver..I could see it. But the Lakers? The most storied franchise in the NBA? The name on the front of the jersey basically is a money printing machine. Whey are they resorting to worshiping the ground LeBron walks on? They're the LAKERS. They should never be down for long, but other than that bubble championship, they've been trash (by their standards) for over a decade, and letting LeBron run the show like this is just kinda pathetic. They're better than that. Or, with the front office and ownership, perhaps they aren't.

And the thing about Lebron is I don't think he is even ring chasing anymore (if he was, he would take a sizable pay cut on his next contract, which he won't) and is frankly just trying to build his media empire in LA/Hollywood (oh he is definitely going to be making more movies once his playing days are over)

It's good/fun for Lebron Stan's, but for Life Long Lakers fans who have been lucky to see so many championships and succes in their lifetime, the next few years will be tough, especially once Bronny signs/is drafted to the team.

It will almost be like an Keeping up With The Kardashians circus every season Lebron plays with his Son.

And it's desperate thinking to assume any other potential free agent star (aka Donovan Mitchell) would want to join such a circus.

I feel for Bronny in all of this, he is going go be eaten alive when he doesn't perform/live up to his father's name and legacy.

Jeanie and the Buss family will never sell the team either.

Feel like Lakers fans have been manipulated/sold a lemon despite the Bubble Championship.
Lakerland247
Ballboy
And1: 23

Post#63 » by Lakerland247 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:51 am

LaLover11 wrote:
BigGargamel wrote:
ballzboyee wrote:Pelicans own the Lakers 1st round pick. If they defer to 2025, the Lakers can use it. I think they have to use it on Bronny. If they don't have the pick, then Bronny could be gone. It sounds crazy, but the reality is that this is a very weak draft. Why not take Bronny?

:lol:

I can never tell if you people are serious or not. There are very solid players available at #17.

Please name me one that guarantees LeBron will also sign with that draft pick

I found someone who doesn't watch any college basketball and only watches Bronny Mix-tapes on the Tube.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,092

Post#64 » by NZB2323 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:08 am

The Lakers brand is that they’re star friendly. They gave Kobe that max extension after he was past his prime. Bronny probably won’t work out in the NBA, but they’re showing other stars that they’ll treat them right.
CIN-C-STAR
General Manager
And1: 16,581

Post#65 » by CIN-C-STAR » Sun May 12, 2024 4:09 am

DaGawd wrote:
BlzMwt wrote:
BigGargamel wrote:The Lakers used to be such an enviable organization. What a sham they've become.

An organization bending over backwards for a current top 10 player and one whom many consider the possible GOAT is them becoming a sham?

lebron is still really good for his age.. but top 10 he is not

And even if he was, handing the keys to your franchise over to a borderline top-10 player that's well past his prime isn't the flex this dude thinks it is lol
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,446

Post#66 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun May 12, 2024 4:18 am

Man, forget that, he should come back to the Cavs, we'll trade ya Mitchell.
KGDirkTD_Fan
Senior
And1: 613

Post#67 » by KGDirkTD_Fan » Sun May 12, 2024 4:55 am

It's not always obvious to me that either LeBron or the Lakers organization is always serious about winning another title with this current team. LeBron's best chances are to jump ship to another org and I don't see him doing that because of personal reasons/media ambitions.

The Lakers on the other hand I don't know if they simply value taking care of their stars over everything else but if they're serious about continuing to build on this playoff team they should just call his bluff and pick the best available player with their pick.
BlzMwt
Rookie
And1: 1,043

Post#68 » by BlzMwt » Sun May 12, 2024 5:13 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
BlzMwt wrote:

And even if he was, handing the keys to your franchise over to a borderline top-10 player that's well past his prime isn't the flex this dude thinks it is lol

Relax, I never said it was a flex.

I said them catering to Lebron doesn't make them a sham.

It makes a ton of sense business wise and they're still a decent-good team on the court with him.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#69 » by stuporman » Sun May 12, 2024 5:44 am

Knicks have 2 first rounders and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they use one of them on Bronny since they trade them away so frequently with this current FO that happens to be headed up by Leon Rose who has a very close relationship with LeBron.

Knicks are all about the 'family' vibes with this team and have close ties all around that extend beyond just the Villanova boys.

Leon Rose's first client as an agent was Rick Brunson, who played for the Knicks while Thibs was an assistant coach and little Jalen played on the practice court. Rick was an assistant to Thibs in CHI, MIN then NYK and all reunited in NY now. Thibs loves him some defensive guys, too.

With the 25th pick in the 2024 NBA draft the New York Knicks select...

The Knicks also have pick 38 and could nab him there, so would the Lakers trade up to get him?
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Tottery
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,411

Post#70 » by Tottery » Sun May 12, 2024 5:50 am

After watching Bronny, I do believe he could be a NBA player. I can see him being a high energy defensive focused player that gets 15 mins a game, kind of like Vanderbilt. Nothing is wrong with that, but he needs another year in college or some time in the G League in my opinion.

He shouldn't rush just to achieve playing with his dad. I think that will be detrimental for him long term.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,317

Post#71 » by SlimShady83 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:53 am

Yeh but Bron has stated that playing with Bronny no longer a top priority for him and him retiring Laker Is on his wish list - edit his words not mine

Let's just hope Lakers don't just draft him In 1st round for the sake of It.
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
I'm a Kobe fan
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,932

Post#72 » by lakerz12 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:55 am

I might honestly have to change franchises for a while.

Maybe I can change my username: doncic4eva
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#73 » by SlimShady83 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:55 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:Man, forget that, he should come back to the Cavs, we'll trade ya Mitchell.

YES PLEASE :nod: :nod: :nod:

Edit: You'd have to throw us a couple pics with It :) after all you gonna sell tickets etc

I'm a Kobe fan
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#74 » by SlimShady83 » Sun May 12, 2024 6:00 am

lakerz12 wrote:I might honestly have to change franchises for a while.

Maybe I can change my username: doncic4eva

Already watching Doncic outside the Lakers :)

I'm a Kobe fan
Sixers in 4
Pro Prospect
And1: 780

Post#75 » by Sixers in 4 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:44 am

Lakers are a joke wrapped up in an enigma.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,919

Post#76 » by Slacktard » Sun May 12, 2024 7:50 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:If they get Bronny, it’s the steal of the draft. I have him #1 on by big board in terms of pure talent

I hear the Sixers are very much interested in taking Bronny at 16, right in front of the Lakers... but that they would be willing to pass and swap picks if the Lakers throw in a future 1st.

Seems like great value there Lakers.
16 (future hall of famer Bronny James) for 17 and a future first.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,919

Post#77 » by Slacktard » Sun May 12, 2024 7:52 am

SlimShady83 wrote:Yeh but Bron has stated that playing with Bronny no longer a top priority for him and him retiring Laker Is on his wish list - edit his words not mine

Let's just hope Lakers don't just draft him In 1st round for the sake of It.

I very much doubt something he wanted to do for years has suddenly stopped being of interest to him. I think what he has realized is the pressure and ridicule the public nature of his desire was having on his son. So saying that is a way to reduce that IMO.
Sixers in 4
Pro Prospect
And1: 780

Post#78 » by Sixers in 4 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:08 am

This is hilarious and hell no to Lebron playing for the Sixers. He is done. He had his chance let him finish out his career in LA.
Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,718

Post#79 » by Kingdibs19 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:22 am

KembaWalker wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:If they get Bronny, it’s the steal of the draft. I have him #1 on by big board in terms of pure talent

I love the idea of Bronny but its a shame he comes with a bunch of coach killing deadweight

It’s a shame how you feel about Bronny and his Dad’s people
KembaWalker wrote:If you think you need a gun to answer the door, you probably shouldn’t answer the door. Call the police

Re: innocent ex military Roger Fortson gunned down by police at his own house
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,268

Post#80 » by BDM22 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:26 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
BlzMwt wrote:

He's worth bending over backwards for just for the business side. You've got a top-2 player of all time, one of the biggest draws in the league still, and he'll probably be going on his retirement tour on his next deal.

The fact that he's a top 10 to 20 player still makes it a no brainer.

Return to The General Board