Should Kyrie Have Made Top 75 Over Dame?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Mogspan
Senior
And1: 1,247

Re: Should Kyrie Have Made Top 75 Over Dame? 

Post#61 » by Mogspan » Mon May 13, 2024 6:19 pm

Apz wrote:
Mogspan wrote:
Godymas wrote:no

the following names should not have been on the top 75

1. Anthony Davis
2. Damian Lillard
3. Carmelo Anthony

they should have been replaced with

Dwight Howard
Tracy McGrady
Alex English

AD not deserving top 75 induction is a braindead take. 4X All-NBA First Team with a higher peak than anyone else you mentioned. Dwight definitely deserved it over Dame and quite a few others, though.

Guess Luka should have been on it then?

Personally I think the list was full of recently bias. 75 years, its 1 player/year. Should have been possible to find more players from long ago that been more impactful then a 2nd option in AD that got half a ring. Lets be honest, if AD didnt play for lakers he woulf never made it

I mean he was only 2X First Team by then. If they did an 80-year anniversary team, Luka would definitely be on it. Are you for real?

Anthony Davis at his peak was the best defender in the league and the top scorer on a champion. Incredibly great player. What, you think like Adrian Dantley should have made it over the clearly superior AD?
Also, something that might surprise people. I think when it comes to athleticism, agility, physical attributes and skill I rate LeBron only in the top 50.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,101

Post#62 » by NZB2323 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:48 pm

Dwight, Pau Gasol, and Tmac should make the list ahead of Kyrie, and instead of removing Dame how about Lenny Wilkins, Dave DeBusschere, Dave Bing, Billy Cunningham, Robert Parish, or Dennis Rodman?

All-NBA 1st or 2nd teams
Dwight: 6
Dame: 5
Tmac: 5
Cunningham: 4
Bing: 3
Gasol: 2
Parish: 2
Kyrie: 1
DeBusschere: 1
Wilkins: 0
Rodman: 0

I certainly have Dwight above all the guys on this list. He has the most all-NBA teams and led his team to the Finals as the best player on the team.

Dame has 5 all-NBA teams and led his team to a conference finals as the best player. He should be above most of the guys on this list.

I had to exclude the all-NBA 3rd team because it didn’t exist until 1989.

We can also look at WS:
Parish: 28th
Gasol: 32nd
Dwight: 34th
Dame: 69th
Tmac: 106th
Wilkins: 109th
Rodman: 126th
Kyrie: 139th
Bing: 238th
DeBusschere: not in the top 250

Playoff WS:
Parish: 42nd
Gasol: 44th
Dwight: 59th
Rodman: 74th
Kyrie: 92nd
Dame: 200th
DeBusschere: 230th
Tmac: not top 250, 4.5
Wilkins: not top 250, 4.3
Bing: not top 250, 1.3

Considering Dave Bing has 1.3 playoff WS in his career and is 238th in WS, I think we can conclude he shouldn't have made the all-NBA list. The other thing is it was easier to make the all-NBA team from 67-76 when the ABA existed, which were the first 10 years of Bing's 12 year career.

I also think it's BS that ABA accomplishments were not counted, otherwise Artis Gilmore should have made the list.

Also the first year DeBusschere won a championship he was 4th in playoff WS on his team. The 2nd year he was tied for 4th in playoff WS with 3 of his teammates. Both years he was 8th on his team for playoff WS/48.
Mogspan
Senior
And1: 1,247

Post#63 » by Mogspan » Mon May 13, 2024 6:56 pm

NZB2323 wrote:Dwight, Pau Gasol, and Tmac should make the list ahead of Kyrie, and instead of removing Dame how about Lenny Wilkins, Dave DeBusschere, Dave Bing, Billy Cunningham, Robert Parish, Dennis Rodman, or Paul Pierce?

All-NBA 1st or 2nd teams
Rodman: 2
Pierce: 1

I certainly have Dwight above all the guys on this list. He has the most all-NBA teams and led his team to the Finals as the best player on the team.

Dame has 5 all-NBA teams and led his team to a conference finals as the best player. He should be above most of the guys on this list.

Rodman’s 2 All-NBA selections are Third Team. I still think it’s appropriate that he’s on, as he’s considered the best rebounder and one of the best defenders ever. Plus his legacy and cultural impact are enormous.
Also, something that might surprise people. I think when it comes to athleticism, agility, physical attributes and skill I rate LeBron only in the top 50.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,101

Post#64 » by NZB2323 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:41 pm

Mogspan wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:Dwight, Pau Gasol, and Tmac should make the list ahead of Kyrie, and instead of removing Dame how about Lenny Wilkins, Dave DeBusschere, Dave Bing, Billy Cunningham, Robert Parish, Dennis Rodman, or Paul Pierce?

All-NBA 1st or 2nd teams
Rodman: 2
Pierce: 1

Rodman’s 2 All-NBA selections are Third Team. I still think it’s appropriate that he’s on, as he’s considered the best rebounder and one of the best defenders ever. Plus his legacy and cultural impact are enormous.

My bad, I edited it. I agree that his legacy and cultural impact are enormous, but I'm not sure he should make the list. I have Dwight Howard ahead of him. Defense is important, but Ron Artest and Jrue Holiday didn't make the team. Unlike Ron Artest, people look back at Rodman's career with rose colored glasses, but he also had issues. He tried to kill himself in the parking lot, kicked cameramen, flamed out on the Spurs, took a Vegas Vacation during the season, did WWE during practice of the finals, flamed out on the Lakers and Mavs.

I know Rodman was a better defender and rebounder than Horace Grant, but Grant was better on offense .

I know Rodman won 5 championships, but he got to play with Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, David Robinson, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Shaq, Kobe, Nash, and Dirk. I know Kobe, Shaq, Nash, and Dirk is when Rodman was past his prime, but Dwight and Horace Grant were able to contribute as role players when they were past their primes to championship teams. Horace Grant was also able to win championships with Jordan and Pippen. If we look at advanced stats:

VORP
Dwight: 71st
Rodman: 206th
Grant: 95th

WS
Dwight: 34th
Rodman: 126th
Grant: 52nd

BPM
Dwight: 132
Rodman: Not top 250
Grant: 185

Playoff VORP
Dwight: 67th
Rodman: 216th
Grant: 41st

Playoff BPM
Dwight: 98th
Rodman: Not top 250
Grant: 124th

Playoff WS
Dwight: 59th
Rodman: 74th
Grant: 27th
Fundamentals21
Bench Warmer
And1: 641

Post#65 » by Fundamentals21 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:48 pm

Kyrie's actually rated like 139th in W/S. Kyrie's a great clutch player to have but I do believe Dame's the better player.
Bornstellar
General Manager
And1: 17,699

Post#66 » by Bornstellar » Mon May 13, 2024 8:56 pm

Parker, Manu, and Howard should have all made it over Damian Lillard
Special_Puppy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,068

Post#67 » by Special_Puppy » Mon May 13, 2024 9:00 pm

Kyrie shouldn't have even been considered. Someone like Manu is much more deserving
Special_Puppy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,068

Post#68 » by Special_Puppy » Mon May 13, 2024 9:05 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:Peak Dame is better than Kyrie.

maybe but Kyrie has had a much better career

No? Dame has 7-All NBA Selections to Kyrie's 3.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#69 » by WentzerWuver » Tue May 14, 2024 8:26 pm

Special_Puppy wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:Peak Dame is better than Kyrie.

maybe but Kyrie has had a much better career

No? Dame has 7-All NBA Selections to Kyrie's 3.
He also sabotage the C's by acting aloof during the playoffs as they lost to his old team Cavs which is why Boston got rid of him for nothing. He then sabotage the Nets by taking personal time off instead of helping KD in the playoffs against the Bucks and will continues to bail if he doesn't get his bag.

This guy is a clown yet his loyal fans still think he is better than Dame Lol

https://youtu.be/M3k2OTveH1U?si=UyTij4_uzz5TbIbr

https://youtu.be/sEHV-v5xkio?si=zHfB_lOS0M3wzpJH

https://youtu.be/j9iKtBOTjvE?si=VlSU9RJvwYvprBIy

https://youtube.com/shorts/IHqA5UUYsFQ?si=8hWIkeeyrmmIDEmH

Return to The General Board