Has Kyrie rehabbed his image?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Has Kyrie rehabbed his image?

Yes
43%
Not yet
57%

Total votes: 99

LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,874

Re: Has Kyrie rehabbed his image? 

Post#61 » by LakersLegacy » Sun May 12, 2024 8:52 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:This situation is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of why a lot of people dislike the media and have negative feelings towards the media. The media can push and control narratives to the public. If you ever disliked Kyrie over the past few years just ask yourself why?

Because he promoted an antisemetic movie.

I’m glad he’s doing better now though.

Kyrie lost $90,000,000 when he was dropped by Nike and dropped by the NBA for ANTISEMITIC social media posts

“In GOD WE TRUST”
“Rebellion to tyrants is Obedience to GOD”

Kyrie used his actions not words to donate to

KINGPRIESTDAVID tax write-off
ELISHAELIJAH tax write-off

Kyrie learned proper JEW and CHRISTIAN history of WEFREEDSLAVES

Kyrie now donates and embraces JEWS and CHRISTIANS that love JEW MESSIAH

Kyrie saved his career by donations and actions not words
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,485

Post#62 » by Black Jack » Sun May 12, 2024 8:55 pm

I will never understand people who think it's legitimate to mandate the injection of an experimental substance that does not work as a vaccine. Especially when un "medicated" players from non mandate states are visiting weekly to play in close proximity. Where's the logic?

Kyrie is a hero in my book for showing not everyone is a total sheep despite being yelled at by some of the world's stupidest people.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,580

Post#63 » by BarbaGrizz » Sun May 12, 2024 9:23 pm

I wonder if Kyrie said the (allegedly) antissemitic things at UCLA or Harvard if he would be bashed or glorified
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,448

Post#64 » by SweaterBae » Sun May 12, 2024 9:36 pm

You know how in the hero/villain movies when the bad guy wants to introduce something to the water supply that would neuter the population of the city, threads like these make me stop and think "hey, that's not a bad idea!".
Guardia
Junior
And1: 168

Post#65 » by Guardia » Sun May 12, 2024 9:36 pm

CobraCommander wrote:If you listen closely to kyrie, you realize he knows more about basketball than damn near anyone on earth.

If you listen to kyrie talk about anything else, you realize his heart is in the right place, but he lacks enough knowledge to defend or substantiate his social, historical or science stances.

But I have never, and neither have you, heard him say anything negative or hateful about any group of people.

Kyrie is hippie first…Native American, African American, (possibly Jewish… who knows considering their are Ethiopian and black Jewish people), weird contrarian. But we have never heard of him getting into a fight, doing drugs, hurting women or animals…. Doing anything violent or even saying something violent- yet he was canceled while Nike kept Ja…

but again people out here that think guys that ask questions and say weird uninformed easily disproven stuff , yet they are begging for and yearning for peace and social justice like Kyrie are the problem, In my opinion, yall are the problem.

Nerdy dudes with weird conspiracy theories can be ignored…. As they should be… canceled ? Needing rehab? Hell naw -

I would rather we working on rehabbing people who actually hurt people or wish evil on innocent- back to basketball- one love RealGM

I went to the future and found brought back this video of Kyrie at age 55.:.: up so his same old ways and still got moves

Oh and he doesn’t hurt your team if you hold him accountable to basketball and not digging wells for poor people in the middle of the season… look it up- he took time off to build a well and a nba team tried to cover it up… wtf kyrie get your tail to work - you can hire someone to dig the well - hippy millionaires … sheesh

Quite sure Kyrie has stated several times he is converted to Islam.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,574

Post#66 » by jokeboy86 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:54 pm

As far as being a teammate it was only the media and Harden who said he was a bad teammate cause I never heard not one of his ex teammates speak bad about him.

I think the biggest change imo in regards to Kylie Irving is the casual/talking head media finally gave up on him being a face of the league in addition to him going to a market and team that doesn’t get the amount of coverage of a LAL, New York, or MIA or other east coast teams. Not to mention he’s in a market where no matter what the NBA does they will never ever be the top pro team there. The NY and LAL media combined with national attention can be exhausting for some players.

I knew Dallas would be the perfect spot/climate for Kyrie it was just the basketball fit I was concerned about.
web123888
Sophomore
And1: 105

Post#67 » by web123888 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:56 pm

Yes he has. This is why GM's take the risk on talent even if there are off court questions. Dallas is going to the WCF (possibly farther) cus of the move. He's already a proven championship #2 option.
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,275

Post#68 » by heezyo2o » Sun May 12, 2024 10:41 pm

Does the average fan really care about what he does off the court. He's one of my favorite players to watch on the court and that's all I really care about. When he was traded to Dallas, I don't think Dallas fans cared too much about his image. When things were going well with the Nets right before he was traded, the majority of Nets fans probably loved him. Not discounting what happens off the court, but I think a lot of it is blown out of proportion....and people just want headlines or something to talk about.
heezyo2o
Starter

Post#69 » by heezyo2o » Sun May 12, 2024 10:52 pm

Forbes wrote:The media would blow up everything that came out of Kyrie’s mouth.

Before he came to Dallas, Cuban told him he could handle the media. Best believe the people allowed to speak to Kyrie are on their best behavior.

Also Kyrie of old was looking to be that number 1 option and leader. He has definitely matured and realizes what he’s best at and what he is capable of. Mavs are getting the benefits of him becoming wiser. That why everyone originally say the pairing with Luka wouldn’t work because the old Kyrie damn sure was not going to work here.

Kyrie chose to pair up with Durant right. And when trying to work things out with Harden, Kyrie basically gave up the PG duties. Don't think Kyrie has looked to be the #1 option for awhile
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,326

Post#70 » by TheSheriff » Sun May 12, 2024 10:53 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:Maybe he wasn't the toxic one after all? Maybe it was the guy who keeps destroying franchises.

Tatum? Lebron James? He’s had an issue with everyone he’s ever played with.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,290

Post#71 » by xdrta+ » Sun May 12, 2024 10:54 pm

heezyo2o wrote:Does the average fan really care about what he does off the court. He's one of my favorite players to watch on the court and that's all I really care about. When he was traded to Dallas, I don't think Dallas fans cared too much about his image. When things were going well with the Nets right before he was traded, the majority of Nets fans probably loved him. Not discounting what happens off the court, but I think a lot of it is blown out of proportion....and people just want headlines or something to talk about.

The average Nets fan probably cared when he decided his wacky ideas off the court were more important than NYC rules and missed half the Nets games as a result.
heezyo2o
Starter

Post#72 » by heezyo2o » Sun May 12, 2024 10:57 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:Does the average fan really care about what he does off the court. He's one of my favorite players to watch on the court and that's all I really care about. When he was traded to Dallas, I don't think Dallas fans cared too much about his image. When things were going well with the Nets right before he was traded, the majority of Nets fans probably loved him. Not discounting what happens off the court, but I think a lot of it is blown out of proportion....and people just want headlines or something to talk about.

The average Nets fan probably cared when he decided his wacky ideas off the court were more important than NYC rules and missed half the Nets games as a result.

Going back to that, I remember when he first came back that season. Fans were just happy to have him on the floor. I thought there would be more backlash from their fans, but I just remember cheers for the most part and the rest of the season
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,026

Post#73 » by AleksandarN » Sun May 12, 2024 10:57 pm

ScrantonBulls wrote:I find myself liking Kyrie lately. He seems like a great teammate, he's respectful to his opponents, he's respectful to reporters and gives well articulated answers. He's always got a smile on his face. Maybe he's always been like this but all the dumb stuff he did overshadowed it.

Tldr; Kyrie seems like a very likeable dude.

Is the earth flat?
JT3000
Bench Warmer
And1: 242

Post#74 » by JT3000 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:50 pm

Where's the "never will" option?
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,262

Post#75 » by Lalouie » Sun May 12, 2024 11:52 pm

well see what happens. he aint gett'n off that easy
famicommander
Sophomore
And1: 553

Post#76 » by famicommander » Sun May 12, 2024 11:52 pm

No.

He literally signal boosted the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. One of the most influential, disgusting pieces of antisemitic propaganda that ever existed. It's where Hitler got most of his insane notions.

He's so stupid he doesn't know what shape the damn planet is. He doesn't believe in vaccinations.

He thinks Satan is a real dude who is using secret societies to push vaccines to somehow connect all black people into a computer for undefined purposes.

He's dangerously stupid.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,971

Post#77 » by cdubbz » Mon May 13, 2024 12:37 am

famicommander wrote:No.

He literally signal boosted the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. One of the most influential, disgusting pieces of antisemitic propaganda that ever existed. It's where Hitler got most of his insane notions.

He's so stupid he doesn't know what shape the damn planet is. He doesn't believe in vaccinations.

He thinks Satan is a real dude who is using secret societies to push vaccines to somehow connect all black people into a computer for undefined purposes.

He's dangerously stupid.

You sound pretty hateful towards him.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
f l u r p
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 67

Post#78 » by f l u r p » Mon May 13, 2024 12:46 am

brackdan70 wrote:No

Please elaborste
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,112

Post#79 » by FarBeyondDriven » Mon May 13, 2024 12:57 am

He's been a knucklehead prima donna his whole career on the court and that is the stuff that counts and has ruined his image. Absent winning a Finals MVP and getting another ring, I don't think he can ever overcome it. All the off-the court issues is just fake outrage that doesn't affect his image in the slightest.
Loaded_Hollows
Veteran
And1: 3,682

Post#80 » by Loaded_Hollows » Mon May 13, 2024 1:16 am

famicommander wrote:No.

He's dangerously stupid.

Agreed.

Return to The General Board