Ron Artest - Still Crazy

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#61 » by MagicFan3 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:58 pm

91siccx wrote:wow playing hard and talking s*** to a bunch of geek mormans means your crazy haha. all the video shows is some physical basketball and ron having fun with the hecklers in the crowd. i miss the early mid 90s when aggresive physical play was the norm. can't wait till these teams play again.

oh yeah harpring has always been a ho

Agreed, in the 90s no one would give this a second thought. I don't have a problem with Artest playing with passion, even if he is insane.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#62 » by RoxFan08 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:27 pm

Jazz fans (at the game, not necessarily on this board) have a LONG history of being rude and annoying to players on visiting teams. I thought Artest was hilarious. I would have cheered if he'd sucker punched Harpring. It's great to see him play that way. He's welcome in Houston in my book. He'd beat the **** out of Tmac if he started getting too lazy.
CDB
Sixth Man

Post#63 » by CDB » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:28 pm

LMAO at the 4:04 mark,

Artest: "No Layups"
Dont Get Kobeterized!
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#64 » by MagicFan3 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Seriously, Jazz fans are annoying. It makes me happy to see Artest trying to get in their heads.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,150

Post#65 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:43 pm

Well, you can call it anything you like.

When I watched the game, I got the distinct impression that Ron was high.

Was he? No idea, but, that was my impression. I'd love to have a poster that's a cop or something watch that game and give me their impression. I'd imagine a cop would be a walking drug test after dealing with so much experience.

And I think he'd have kicked Harpring's butt in a fight. I don't think it'd be even close. But, that's not really important is it? What was important to me was that Matt didn't back down from Artest, even though if Artest went off the deep end Matt was probably gonna take a beating.

It certainly was entertaining though. I will certainly want to watch the next matchup.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
King Roosk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#66 » by King Roosk » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:45 pm

1. Artest is crazy, and I find it hilarious and very entertaining. I'd love him on my Rockets being a pitbull next to Yao and Mcgrady

2. Jazz fans do in fact have a history of being very annoying.

3. Matt Harpring is the most annoying player in the NBA. He flops like a little girl, then other times he tries to be a hardass and play tough as shown in the video. Not to mention he's extremely dirty and has very negative intentions on the court (he fell on the floor once and tried to undercut Yao). Harpring is very strong, yes, but his football body would get knocked the hell out by someone like Ron.

4. I had heard bad things about the Jazz announcers, and the video does give a good glimpse.

5. What happened to the days when things like this were the norm in the NBA? I miss the early 90s :cry:

Rockets-Jazz tonight...here's to a good, CLEAN, game. Go Rockets.
CatNation
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#67 » by CatNation » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:32 pm

i am sure harpring could take out artest easily. hes a football player, could of gone pro. military background.

just because he doesnt go into the stands to fight defenseless fans doesnt mean hes a pussy.

i swear its like theirs a bunch of white black supremecists on this board. harpring is no punk. u guys prolly think kobe could beat him up too :crazy:
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:46 pm

Well, Artest does have 17 pounds on Harpring. Is a better athlete than Harpring. Quicker, more agile, probably longer arms.

PLUS Artest is Crazy. YOu ever have the opportunity to fight a crazy person? It's like they get extra strength. Like a person on PCP or something.

I appreciate teh whole racism arguement, but, dude, Artest would crush Harpring in a streetfight. Matt is no punk, but, his smaller and less of an athlete than Artest.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#69 » by Cruel_Ruin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:46 pm

j-ragg wrote:I don't see how you can call Harpring dirty without calling Artest dirty. Not to mention a 'punk-ass bitch'.

And yes, the NBA has an agenda to make the Kings lose, they certainly don't do it due to lack of talent.

You're a homer overreacting, get over it. You lost.

Matt Harpring is a *****. He got Kevin freaking Martin to react emotionally to one of his dirty little plays. Is Kevin Martin crazy too? He has exactly zero technical fouls in his CAREER.

The officiating last night was absolute BS. You saw the video. Harpring was doing exactly the same crap that Artest was. Where's his technical? Jerry Sloan runs all the way to half court yelling, but Reggie Theus does the same without the yelling and doesn't get a T? There was an obvious target on Ron Artest, and anyone who was watching League Pass with the Kings announcers knows it.

I won't doubt that the Kings got killed last night. The Jazz offense was just running like a well-oiled machine, their best performance all year.
RoxFan08
Veteran

Post#70 » by RoxFan08 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:49 pm

I'm white. And I'd put money on Artest, 5:1 over Harpring in a fight.
Harry Heinous
Banned User
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#71 » by Harry Heinous » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:53 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:Well, you can call it anything you like.

When I watched the game, I got the distinct impression that Ron was high.

crack though, not bud, that's for sure.

"No layups! No layups!" :rofl: :rofl:
CDB
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by CDB » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:15 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:You ought to show the part where Jerry Sloan ran all the way on the court, screaming at the official about a missed call and getting no T. Theus barely walks onto the court and points and gets T'd up. Pretty rediculous.

What are you talking about, Theus walked all the way to the free throw line. Put your homerism away for a minute and watch the video again.

Dont Get Kobeterized!
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:20 pm

Artest gets watched closer than any other player in the NBA. But, then he's earned that privledge, hasn't he?
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#74 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:31 pm

OMG! I want Ron on the Warriors! :pray:

I love that "Me against the World" mentality he plays with.
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#75 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:31 pm

So much passion for the game he has.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,770

Post#76 » by Cammo101 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:32 pm

j-ragg wrote:I don't see how you can call Harpring dirty without calling Artest dirty. Not to mention a 'punk-ass bitch'.

And yes, the NBA has an agenda to make the Kings lose, they certainly don't do it due to lack of talent.

You're a homer overreacting, get over it. You lost.

Everyone knows Artest is dirty, it goes without saying. It is assumed like Knick fans are crazy or Tim Duncan is good. These things are all just known to be true and thus there is no need to actually say them.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,770

Post#77 » by Cammo101 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:32 pm

CupcakeNoFillin wrote:OMG! I want Ron on the Warriors! :pray:

I love that "Me against the World" mentality he plays with.

Some people never learn. Ask Indy fans how much they want Ron back on there team. He is a team ruiner, plain and simple.
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#78 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:33 pm

F*CK Bennet Salvatore.
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#79 » by Cruel_Ruin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Cammo101 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Everyone knows Artest is dirty, it goes without saying. It is assumed like Knick fans are crazy or Tim Duncan is good. These things are all just known to be true and thus there is no need to actually say them.

Ron Artest is dirty? How exactly? Emotionally unstable for sure, but dirty? Hell no.
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#80 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:41 pm

Man, I just finished watching the video just now. All I gotta say is that people are just over exaggerating about how he acted during that game.

I mean seriously, is the NBA so sugar coated that people are going to be shocked and exaggerate whenever they see someone playing rough and having fun? All Ron did was beat his chest and showed no intimidation from the Jazz's loud fans. That's what basketball is all about.

But damn, players getting ejected for playing like real men? Isn't basketball supposed to be a contact sport? All Ron did was give a few hard bumps on a guy who should be able to take them (Harpring), it's not like Ron intentionally punched someone or whatever. That's what I hate about Salvatore, he's a soft ref who can't handle players like Artest. They need to let the men be men out there and not like little wussy kids who can't handle guarding big guys like Ron.

Return to The General Board