what if someone copies Kobe like he did to MJ?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

doubleh11
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#61 » by doubleh11 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:16 pm

Dude, you can't copy someone as a player....you should always try to learn from the best...that's smart....but you have to take what you can do and find ways to apply things in your game that other people may be better at....there are always going to be great players.....i think it is kind of silly to say someone will try to copy another....everyone brings something unique to the table
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#62 » by Dan Z » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:18 pm

BruceO wrote:more importantly i think that person is already here, gilbert arenas and i think that person is nick young
so you guys should be talking about nick young and use him as your
example

all he lacks is that mentality and a little stamina to sustain him through it

He must dissapoint the women in his life.
Frosty
RealGM
And1: 13,573

Post#63 » by Frosty » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:52 pm

doubleh11 wrote:Dude, you can't copy someone as a player....you should always try to learn from the best...that's smart....but you have to take what you can do and find ways to apply things in your game that other people may be better at....there are always going to be great players.....i think it is kind of silly to say someone will try to copy another....everyone brings something unique to the table

Normally yah, but Kobe, without a doubt, tried to copy Jordan. He's toned it back alot with things like the tongue but it is painfully evident.

'Is my sweatband on the right arm? Am I tugging too hard on my shorts?"

Or check this video, kinda crappy for the first half but it's funny how much Kobe imitated Jordan's weird tongue mannerisms and everything else about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxHZ7ZWxl78

Return to The General Board