Jokic is not the best in the world, and has been heavily overrated (NOW YOU CAN CHANGE VOTES)

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Has Jokic been overrated?

Yes
18%
No
82%

Total votes: 663

hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,455

Re: Jokic is not the best in the world, and has been heavily overrated 

Post#681 » by hardenASG13 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:38 am

Jadoogar wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:I've been saying this since his first mvp. He's an incredible system player, but he lacks competitive fire and toughness to be an ATG player. His MVP as a 6 seed will be locked at as THE worst mvp season in history. It'll make the Rose and Nash wins seem unanimous.

Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work. He can't take over without that second punch on the perimeter the way other ATGs could. Now that Murray has been exposed, so has Jokic. What's funny is that those really watching told you this year's ago when he only got the sixth seed without him.

To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him. Last year he took advantage of an injured field, and a weakened conference in a transition year. He had Murray playing like a superstar and to his credit got it done. But his awards don't match his greatness and in a few years everyone will come around to what I'm saying here right now.

I wonder if this board will all say his MVP this year was phony if they lose to Minnesota, as they did with Embiid last year when he lost hurt in round 2? It's looking pretty bad, guy has no leadership. All time greats step up in these scenarios. Jokic has shown 0 fight or leadership, let alone good play.
How about now?

Sent from my KB2005 using RealGM mobile app

Yeah he stepped it up. I'm not sure why he isn't always this aggressive as a scorer.
Zadeh
Ballboy
And1: 41

Post#682 » by Zadeh » Wed May 15, 2024 12:04 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
famicommander wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Nothing hard to defend. Jokic had a great game yes. He also did it against someone who has come up small in the playoffs, every single time he's showed up, even though he's won DPOY over and over again. All Jokic did was show up Gobert for the fraud that he is. Until he does it against Embiid in the playoffs, there will always be an asterisk to his dominance.

Also I'd say you've got your own problems to worry about. Least the Sixers have tons of capspace to revamp the roster. What moves do the Suns have?

So, basically, you just said there's an asterisk to Jokic's greatness because Embiid can't make it out of the 2nd round.

Jokic has cooked Gobert, Towns, Reid, Adebayo, Davis, and Ayton these last two postseasons. Some of them twice now.

Embiid still checks under his bed for playoff Al Horford.

Last I checked Embiid has dominated Jokic and Gobert in the regular season for the last few years. Sure there's the playoffs, but he' always injured. Put up peak Embiid against, peak Jokic and Embiid will win every time.

Last I checked Embiid the coward has not played aganist them on the road.

Actually as a fantasy in an alternate universe, everybody got injured at western conference and Embiid finally reach finals. (I know this is impossble, any five man team always beats team with embiid in play-off but as I said it is a fantasy)
He cant play in denver any way ?

And nba not listen to eyeatoma and didnt forbid to play any basketball game in high alttidude.

How could Embiid "the man who blames the everbody except himself " play in Denver ?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,225

Post#683 » by Mavrelous » Wed May 15, 2024 12:07 pm

Read on Twitter
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,746

Post#684 » by Sign5 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:16 pm

Legit seems like Jokic wasn't even trying all this time and still casually putting up ridiculous numbers. Then after winning MVP decides, ok time to celebrate and actually tries. Which results in 40pts 13ast, 7rbs against the 3x DPOY and best defensive team in the league. Jokic is absolutely ridiculous. :lol:
B_Creamy
Pro Prospect
And1: 853

Post#685 » by B_Creamy » Wed May 15, 2024 12:18 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Gb sucking off Jokic like he's got the last dick in the world. Would be nice for Joel to shut their mouths once and for all.

This is the greatest hijinx in NBA history. The dude is amazing but Embiid is better and schools him everytime.

What's worse is that that dodo Gobert is a multi dpoy winner while Embiid has destroyed him every time he's played.

What a terrible outcome for us these last 10 years.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

lmao

Fairly weird going to another board (Sixers board) to get my quote and put it on over here. Didn't even post anything over there.

Your Jokic comments are site wide comedic relief.
B_Creamy
Pro Prospect

Post#686 » by B_Creamy » Wed May 15, 2024 12:19 pm

Sweet Serenity wrote:
QPR wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Until he does it against Embiid in the playoffs, there will always be an asterisk to his dominance.

:lol:

The big Serbian has broken you. But credit to you for coming back into this thread.

Are we really going to give him credit for not taking accountability & just being in total denial ?

No. He seemed reasonably accepting about it last year when Jokic won. Now he's just acting totally Delusional. Maybe it's a bit?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,711

Post#687 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 15, 2024 12:23 pm

B_Creamy wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
QPR wrote:

The big Serbian has broken you. But credit to you for coming back into this thread.

Are we really going to give him credit for not taking accountability & just being in total denial ?

No. He seemed reasonably accepting about it last year when Jokic won. Now he's just acting totally Delusional. Maybe it's a bit?

There's no bit, Embiid took his game to another level this season. Best player on the planet. He then proceeded to average the most points in the playoffs, on one leg and one eye. The GB likes to wash all these injuries away claiming everyone deals with the same **** when it is not even close. One thing I've always been consistent on, is that a healthy Embiid is the best player in the world. That hasn't changed.
B_Creamy
Pro Prospect

Post#688 » by B_Creamy » Wed May 15, 2024 12:24 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=sVmFr0R76cwi8A03MginAg&s=19

You really have no shame bro lol
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#689 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 15, 2024 12:26 pm

B_Creamy wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=sVmFr0R76cwi8A03MginAg&s=19

You really have no shame bro lol

I'd say the people that are shameless are the ones creating disingenuous narratives about a player ducking playing in Denver, when it has been clear as day he's always been injured or sick during those games. You say it's convenient that he's sick. Is it also convenient that he had his eye punched in twice on freak plays? Had his finger torn on a dunk? Had his face paralyzed this season. Wow, I wish I could make this stuff up, but the fact that it's real, and he's the most unlucky player in NBA history, is not hyperbole. The pinnacle of this **** is when the entire internet came down on him assuming he was ducking, when once again he was hurt, only play like a corpse a few games later in Golden State because the man was shamed into playing by the entire basketball community. That **** is shameless.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 23,143

Post#690 » by dhsilv2 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:27 pm

rapstarter wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:Starting centers in 1995-96

Atl Andrew Lang
Bos Eric Montross
Cha Matt Geiger/Robert Parish
Chi Luc Longley
Cle Michael Cage
Dal Lorenzo Williams
Den Dikembe Mutombo
Det Otis Thorpe
Gs Rony Seikaly
Hou Hakeem Olajuwon
Ind Rik Smits
Lac Brian Williams
Lal Vlade Divac
Mia Alonzo Mourning
Mil Benoit Benjamin
Min Tom Gugliotta?
NJ Shawn Bradley
NY Patrick Ewing
Orl Shaquille O’Neal
Phi Derrick Alston/Sharone Wright
Pho Hot Rod Williams
Por Chris Dudley
Sac Olden Polynice
SA David Robinson
Sea Ervin Johnson
Tor Oliver Miller
Utah Felton Spencer
Van Bryant Reeves
Was Georghe Muresan

So yeah. A lot of really talented guys at the top and some guys that would be hard pressed to make rosters today. Jokic would have been just fine in the 90’s.

Wanted to do post something very similar. Thanks for this. This 90's center talk sometimes just gets wild. For as many greats as we had, we had so many turds.

Part of the reason for having turds is because they simply had to have some size to attempt to counter the greats at the top. Some of the turds of the 2020s would be just as ineffective against the better centers of the 90s. So it kind of goes both ways. That said, I think all these greats in the 90s and 20s would be more than fine in either era.

Sure but the argument is that Jokic doesn't have to play ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl these greats so he can rest up. The reality is most nights in the 90's those all time great centers had a pretty easy matchup.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#691 » by dhsilv2 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:28 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Young gun 6 wrote:
3rd the enjoying it.

Man is crying himself to sleep. You can genuinely see the desperate nature in some fans as their position gets harder and harder and harder to defend.

Until he does it against Embiid in the playoffs, there will always be an asterisk to his dominance.

That would mean Jokic has to be traded out East and catch Embiid before he gets eliminated in the second round. That would be a hard task.

There are no players with Asterisks for never going through Walton. Walton has one for even being hurt a good chunk of his MVP and title seasons.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#692 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 15, 2024 12:29 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Until he does it against Embiid in the playoffs, there will always be an asterisk to his dominance.

That would mean Jokic has to be traded out East and catch Embiid before he gets eliminated in the second round. That would be a hard task.

There are no players with Asterisks for never going through Walton. Walton has one for even being hurt a good chunk of his MVP and title seasons.

Embiid could still happen, not retired yet.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#693 » by dhsilv2 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:29 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

I wonder if this board will all say his MVP this year was phony if they lose to Minnesota, as they did with Embiid last year when he lost hurt in round 2? It's looking pretty bad, guy has no leadership. All time greats step up in these scenarios. Jokic has shown 0 fight or leadership, let alone good play.
How about now?

Yeah he stepped it up. I'm not sure why he isn't always this aggressive as a scorer.

setting teammates up is better basketball in general...
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#694 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 15, 2024 12:29 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

How about now?

Because he'd rather play the "right" way. :roll: Fact of the matter is, Jokic is a smart player and he probably just realized he could school the DPOY whenever he wants, and didn't trust Murray/MPJ to actually do what they needed to, to win. It's more an indictment on the Nuggets and Gobert as a defender, than Jokic being this freakish scoring savant.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,142

Post#695 » by Exp0sed » Wed May 15, 2024 12:30 pm

Most ridicilous takes and threads age like fine wine, this one aged instantly, like a bag of wet trash that's been layed out in the mid day sun lmfao
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,900

Post#696 » by QPR » Wed May 15, 2024 12:37 pm

B_Creamy wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
QPR wrote:

Maybe it's a Bryan Colangelo burner?
Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,580

Post#697 » by Saints14 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:47 pm

Honestly Sixers fans acting like there's still some kind of rivalry here is embarrassing
Ssj16
Senior
And1: 617

Post#698 » by Ssj16 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:49 pm

The sad thing about eyeatoma, hardenASG13 and one_and_done is that they will come out of the woodwork when Jokic eventually loses in the future as most all time greats have done virtually outside of MJ in his 6 title run to say, "see I told you so!".

It's a non zero sum game but losing doesn't magically wipe away your past accomplishments.

Imo, I still think Lebron is second greatest player of all time but I don't believe I've seen Lebron do what Jokic us doing in the playoffs. Lebron needed hall of farmers to win his chips.

As amazing as the Denver Nuggets are as a team, I don't think these players are as talented individually as some of those Miami and Cleveland teams, especially with Murray coming back down to earth these playoffs.

It's sad some of us can't sit back and appreciate his greatness.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#699 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 15, 2024 12:52 pm

Ssj16 wrote:The sad thing about eyeatoma, hardenASG13 and one_and_done is that they will come out of the woodwork when Jokic eventually loses in the future as most all time greats have done virtually outside of MJ in his 6 title run to say, "see I told you so!".

It's a non zero sum game but losing doesn't magically wipe away your past accomplishments.

Imo, I still think Lebron is second greatest player of all time but I don't believe I've seen Lebron do what Jokic us doing in the playoffs. Lebron needed hall of farmers to win his chips.

As amazing as the Denver Nuggets are as a team, I don't think these players are as talented individually as some of those Miami and Cleveland teams, especially with Murray coming back down to earth these playoffs.

It's sad some of us can't sit back and appreciate his greatness.

Jokic never took a team like the original LeBron Cavs to the finals. That was basically G league quality players and LeBron. Jokic could never.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,890

Post#700 » by Roger Murdock » Wed May 15, 2024 12:55 pm

There are two types of people who don’t believe that Jokic is *clearly* the best player in the NBA

1. People who don’t understand basketball at all
2. Wildly insecure 76ers fans

That’s it. Anyone with a small amount of objectivity and understanding of the sport realizes Jokic is by far the best player and that this is the biggest gap the league has seen since ‘13 LeBron (and probably bigger). Arguing against Jokic is like trying to argue Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson is more talented than Patrick Mahomes

Even Bucks fans, seem to pretty unanimously believe Jokic is the best. Granted, Bucks fans don’t have much reason to be insecure - Giannis earned 2x MVPs on merit and won a title. He’s secured his legacy. Embiids best playoff in his career series involved losing in the first round to the Knicks.

This is Curry v Harden but like 8x more illogical. Jokic is better than Curry, Embiid is worse than Harden. The arguments are the exact same though “Harden scores more points and puts up bigger numbers in the regular season, who cares if he chokes in the playoffs every year, there’s an excuse for it”

Return to The General Board