2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,212

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3) 

Post#7741 » by Wizop » Mon May 20, 2024 1:31 am

Laimbeer wrote:Don't watch him much, but did anyone else think Siakim was sloppy with the ball and had really loose handles?

We've been saying that for a while on the Pacer board. He's fine driving one on one, but needs to be more careful driving into crowds.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,427

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3) 

Post#7742 » by Capn'O » Mon May 20, 2024 1:35 am

Nuntius wrote:This is **** unreal. I cannot believe that we actually won a game 7 in MSG. We won every single quarter and put up 130 points. Talk about a dominant performance. Remember how we were all expecting our FG% to go down? Well, it did. It went from 76.3% to 67.1%. Unreal efficiency. Absolutely unreal.

This young team just came back from being down 2 to 3. We started off the series going down 0 to 2. And yet, we perserved and won the damn thing. I saw a lot of people calling this Pacers team soft earlier on in these playoffs (and, to their credit, some Knicks fans defended us from that moniker). It is definitely true that we are an offensive-minded team. It's definitely true that our defense is often suspect. But this team ain't soft. A soft team doesn't come back from 2-0 or 3-2. A soft team doesn't win a game 7 in the freaking Garden.

Haliburton also got a lot of crap earlier on for not looking for his shot enough? How did he do in the first game 7 he played in? 26 points on 10/17 shooting, 6/12 from 3, 6 assists and 4 boards. Not bad for someone making his playoff debut.

I will come back and talk about the rest of our team in a separate post. I just wanted to highlight Hali's play tonight because he's the known that receives the most criticism.

For now, though, I want to give it up to the Knicks fans. I want to give it up to the Knicks fans in MSG and several great Knicks posters in this very thread (cgf, Capn'O, dakomish, Im Coming Home, Chuck Everett, KnixtapeH20, Maury2423, DaGawd and others). There were a couple of Knicks posters who said some wild **** (and I will highlight one of them in a separate post) but for the majority of them, the Knicks fans in here were great.

And I also want to give it up to New York's players.

Alec Burks has my respect. He went from not playing at all in the first 3 games to becoming one of New York's biggest scoring threats. He was amazing tonight.

Donte DiVincenzo also has my respect. Yes, I do believe that he starts **** at times. He's a chippy player and chippy players are gonna pull some **** at times, if only to get the crowd energized and give their team momentum. But he was absolutely tremendous tonight. 39 points in a game 7? Yeah, that's just amazing. Donte and Burks combined for 65 of New York's 103 points. That's over 60% of their team's scoring.

Joe Hart always had and will always have my respect. The dude is a **** warrior. Were his stats good tonight? No, they weren't. But the dude was almost dying out there and he still went out there and left everything on the court. He played 37 minutes and would have played more if he didn't foul out.

Jalen Brunson was also freaking amazing throughout the series. He was the series best's player, imo. It sucks that he got injured in the 3rd quarter and was unable to return for the 4th.

In general, injuries sucked hard for the Knicks throughout their playoff run. It 100% sucks for a fan to see his team get so many injuries at such a crucial time. But that team still fought tooth and nail. This is an amazingly tough Knicks team. They are here for the long run, you just have to make sure they're healthy come playoff time.

What a **** game.

You're on a bit of a hot streak lately :D

Great post. Your team is finesse, not soft. They showed a heck of a resiliency this series. Knicks will drink a cup of warm milk and we'll be back for more next season.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,661

Post#7743 » by DimesandKnicks » Mon May 20, 2024 1:38 am

durden_tyler wrote:
BodieB wrote:
DimesandKnicks wrote:
Mitch injured, OG injured, Randle injured, Hart Hurt, Boban out. If OG wasn’t injured I’d agree with you but we overachieved

Excuses. They had the #2 seed without Randle. Had plenty of chances to close them out up 3-2, and didn't show up in Game 7.

Yes, it was a disappointing end and they deserved to be criticized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we overachieved all season. I'm more than satisfied and proud of my team
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,463

Post#7744 » by Nuntius » Mon May 20, 2024 1:47 am

Capn'O wrote:
Nuntius wrote:This is **** unreal. I cannot believe that we actually won a game 7 in MSG. We won every single quarter and put up 130 points. Talk about a dominant performance. Remember how we were all expecting our FG% to go down? Well, it did. It went from 76.3% to 67.1%. Unreal efficiency. Absolutely unreal.

This young team just came back from being down 2 to 3. We started off the series going down 0 to 2. And yet, we perserved and won the damn thing. I saw a lot of people calling this Pacers team soft earlier on in these playoffs (and, to their credit, some Knicks fans defended us from that moniker). It is definitely true that we are an offensive-minded team. It's definitely true that our defense is often suspect. But this team ain't soft. A soft team doesn't come back from 2-0 or 3-2. A soft team doesn't win a game 7 in the freaking Garden.

Haliburton also got a lot of crap earlier on for not looking for his shot enough? How did he do in the first game 7 he played in? 26 points on 10/17 shooting, 6/12 from 3, 6 assists and 4 boards. Not bad for someone making his playoff debut.

I will come back and talk about the rest of our team in a separate post. I just wanted to highlight Hali's play tonight because he's the known that receives the most criticism.

For now, though, I want to give it up to the Knicks fans. I want to give it up to the Knicks fans in MSG and several great Knicks posters in this very thread (cgf, Capn'O, dakomish, Im Coming Home, Chuck Everett, KnixtapeH20, Maury2423, DaGawd and others). There were a couple of Knicks posters who said some wild **** (and I will highlight one of them in a separate post) but for the majority of them, the Knicks fans in here were great.

And I also want to give it up to New York's players.

Alec Burks has my respect. He went from not playing at all in the first 3 games to becoming one of New York's biggest scoring threats. He was amazing tonight.

Donte DiVincenzo also has my respect. Yes, I do believe that he starts **** at times. He's a chippy player and chippy players are gonna pull some **** at times, if only to get the crowd energized and give their team momentum. But he was absolutely tremendous tonight. 39 points in a game 7? Yeah, that's just amazing. Donte and Burks combined for 65 of New York's 103 points. That's over 60% of their team's scoring.

Joe Hart always had and will always have my respect. The dude is a **** warrior. Were his stats good tonight? No, they weren't. But the dude was almost dying out there and he still went out there and left everything on the court. He played 37 minutes and would have played more if he didn't foul out.

Jalen Brunson was also freaking amazing throughout the series. He was the series best's player, imo. It sucks that he got injured in the 3rd quarter and was unable to return for the 4th.

In general, injuries sucked hard for the Knicks throughout their playoff run. It 100% sucks for a fan to see his team get so many injuries at such a crucial time. But that team still fought tooth and nail. This is an amazingly tough Knicks team. They are here for the long run, you just have to make sure they're healthy come playoff time.

What a **** game.

You're on a bit of a hot streak lately :D

Great post. Your team is finesse, not soft. They showed a heck of a resiliency this series. Knicks will drink a cup of warm milk and we'll be back for more next season.

You definitely will be here for the long run, mate. You have a great team in your hands. My bet is that these two teams will meet again in the playoffs in the future and it's gonna be so fun :D
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,997

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 3-3) 

Post#7745 » by cdubbz » Mon May 20, 2024 1:51 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
DaGawd wrote:man i wanna fast forward to next season… fk this

Knicks have 2 first round picks back to back. Don't know their cap situation but they can get cheap talent or flip it for a piece.
Could Kyle Kuzma help the Knicks?

Sent from my SM-A146U using RealGM mobile app

Kuzma in NYC would be funny. Kuzma is more ready then 2 rookies will be, but yeah i don't know their cap situation.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,427

Post#7746 » by Capn'O » Mon May 20, 2024 1:53 am

Nuntius wrote:You definitely will be here for the long run, mate. You have a great team in your hands. My bet is that these two teams will meet again in the playoffs in the future and it's gonna be so fun :D

Knicks Pacers can't quit one another :lol:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Myth_Breaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 64

Post#7747 » by Myth_Breaker » Mon May 20, 2024 2:36 am

I'm glad the Pacers won here, especially in the Madison Square Garden. Of course the Knicks were injury-depleted, etc. Nevermind with it - the point is that regardless of the outcome of this particular series, the winner of it is unfortunately a heavy underdog against the Celtics. But perhaps Porzingis' injury can change the equation a little bit?
http://wiltfan.tripod.com
Read: Edward Lucas "The New Cold War: Putin's Russia and the Threat to the West".
"So what, son, did your Poles help you?" YES, WE DID!
***** *** Kukiza i Konfederację!
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,463

Post#7748 » by Nuntius » Mon May 20, 2024 2:48 am

DimesandKnicks wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
BodieB wrote:Excuses. They had the #2 seed without Randle. Had plenty of chances to close them out up 3-2, and didn't show up in Game 7.

Yes, it was a disappointing end and they deserved to be criticized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we overachieved all season. I'm more than satisfied and proud of my team

You should definitely be proud of this Knicks team. I disagree with durden_tyler this Knicks team doesn't deserve any criticism. They were clearly hobbled by the end of this one and left everything on the court.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Riverwalk2021
Sixth Man
And1: 1,918

Post#7749 » by Riverwalk2021 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:53 am

Myth_Breaker wrote:I'm glad the Pacers won here, especially in the Madison Square Garden. Of course the Knicks were injury-depleted, etc. Nevermind with it - the point is that regardless of the outcome of this particular series, the winner of it is unfortunately a heavy underdog against the Celtics. But perhaps Porzingis' injury can change the equation a little bit?

Nah. We winning in 5, then beating the Mavs in 5 :lol:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,396

Post#7750 » by G R E Y » Mon May 20, 2024 3:11 am

Taking nothing away from Pacers historic efficiency, too bad Knicks were so banged up by the end.

Some of it is weird unpredictable injuries like Brunson's.

Some of it is Thibs needing a 20-man unit.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,056

Post#7751 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon May 20, 2024 3:26 am

RHODEY wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:
I understand you haven’t watched good basketball all season but that shouldn’t be an excuse for not using your head.

Embiid put up 50 burgers, was allowed to be as physical as he wanted, and got a historic whistle. He was healthy. He just did like he always does and disappeared in the 4th.

The bucks weren’t a good team. Giannis wasn’t going to destroy anything with an OG, Mitch, iHart, Precious front court out there.

The Knicks are historically good as a healthy team. The bucks and sixers were either average or just good.

Embiid could barely move. The idea that he was healthy is comical.

Bucks were still better than the Knicks with Giannis.

They were not "historically good" based on a 25 game stretch in the regular season lol. Get a grip.

They overachieved.

They missed their chance to make the ECF last year to be honest. That Knicks team was healthy.

This posts underachieves...but I get it, being irrelevant sux....

Congrats on being relevant. Do you get a banner for that :lol:
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,562

Post#7752 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:47 am

Why even entertain any of the Nets fans?

The team lost a top 3 draft pick, stuck paying broke back Ben Simmons $40 million next season and the only hope for their franchise is a super 6th man Cam Thomas.

Let them enjoy our loss. This is the most happiness they’ll experience for a while since it won’t come from their own franchise :lol:
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,012

Post#7753 » by RHODEY » Mon May 20, 2024 4:00 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Embiid could barely move. The idea that he was healthy is comical.

Bucks were still better than the Knicks with Giannis.

They were not "historically good" based on a 25 game stretch in the regular season lol. Get a grip.

They overachieved.

They missed their chance to make the ECF last year to be honest. That Knicks team was healthy.

This posts underachieves...but I get it, being irrelevant sux....

Congrats on being relevant. Do you get a banner for that :lol:

Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,895

Post#7754 » by Butch718 » Mon May 20, 2024 4:11 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:Why even entertain any of the Nets fans?

The team lost a top 3 draft pick, stuck paying broke back Ben Simmons $40 million next season and the only hope for their franchise is a super 6th man Cam Thomas.

Let them enjoy our loss. This is the most happiness they’ll experience for a while since it won’t come from their own franchise :lol:

They’re annoying trolls. They also suffer from an inferiority complex. Even when KD, Kyrie and Harden were in Brooklyn, the attention their team received was short lived.

This undermanned and injured Knicks team has had just as much playoff success as that Nets team with 3 stars on it.

Just keep lil Bro’ing them, because quite frankly they’re not a threat now, or in the distant future.

The goal is to be competitive with the Celtics, Nugs, OKC, Mav and Wolves of the league. The Nets and their fans are an afterthought.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#7755 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon May 20, 2024 4:36 am

Butch718 wrote:

They’re annoying trolls. They also suffer from an inferiority complex. Even when KD, Kyrie and Harden were in Brooklyn, the attention their team received was short lived.

This undermanned and injured Knicks team has had just as much playoff success as that Nets team with 3 stars on it.

Just keep lil Bro’ing them, because quite frankly they’re not a threat now, or in the distant future.

The goal is to be competitive with the Celtics, Nugs, OKC, Mav and Wolves of the league. The Nets and their fans are an afterthought.

No need to be so emotional at a few Nets fan poking fun at their cross town rivals.

Its not that deep. Relax :lol:
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,895

Post#7756 » by Butch718 » Mon May 20, 2024 4:51 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Butch718 wrote:

No need to be so emotional at a few Nets fan poking fun at their cross town rivals.

Trust me, y’all don’t concern me at all.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#7757 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:11 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:Are Knicks really gonna pay OG close to 40mil AAV just for him to be a no-show for the most important games?

This is why I didn't want OG in a trade he's hurt too much.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#7758 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:20 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Sincere apologies to Pacers fans for ever doubting you.

You guys have an excellent squad and I will be rooting for you to take down Boston.

The Pacers are deep and have some really good playersl
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 647

Post#7759 » by donkki » Mon May 20, 2024 5:22 am

Congratulations to the Pacers organization for advancing to the ECF. The Pacers couldn't miss with a historic shooting performance, and the Knicks' multiple key player injuries finally caught up to them. It was inevitable that the Knicks would eventually lose, so here we are.

As for the Knicks, they are in great position moving forward. The team is well constructed, has star power, shooting and grit. Everything you need to win the championship. They just need to get and stay healthy and who knows, maybe the championship parade in 2025 could be held in New York.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#7760 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon May 20, 2024 5:33 am

Butch718 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Butch718 wrote:

Trust me, y’all don’t concern me at all.

Yeah I can tell by the angry response :lol:

Return to The General Board