Boston vs. Atlanta - Series BOS wins (4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

How do you think the series will go the rest of the way?

Celtics will win games 5 and 6
35%
Hawks will win games 5 and 6
11%
Celtics will lose game 5 but win games 6 and 7
4%
Hawks will lose game 5 but win games 6 and 7
49%
Celtics will lose game 5 but win game 6 and lose game 7
1%

Total votes: 85

RapsBulls4evr
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#781 » by RapsBulls4evr » Sun May 4, 2008 3:38 am

pballa wrote:haha funny seeing the raps fans get on the ATL wagon once their terrible team got superman'd

Heh, stop worrying... I'm sure your Mighty Celtics will "prevail", I mean come, what's there to worry about?? It's the young Hawks, lol. :biggrin:

For this one game, yeah... almost everyone is one the ATL bandwagon, deal with it, we will all be laughing out loud like men possessed, win the series or not, and If they do WIN, I'll get drunk and do the "Superman" dance like Soulja boy. :biggrin:
carlos1223
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#782 » by carlos1223 » Sun May 4, 2008 6:11 am

mr_sunshine wrote:I'm glad everyone outside of New England has collectively banded together to hate the Celtics and Patriots. It's a fantastic feeling.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#783 » by JStockLivesOn » Sun May 4, 2008 7:20 am

Let's do this, Hawks!

I still don't see how they could win in Boston, considering their atrocious play there in Games 1, 2, and 5, but I've see strange things happen before...
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,574

Post#784 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Sun May 4, 2008 7:23 am

mr_sunshine wrote:I'm glad everyone outside of New England has collectively banded together to hate the Celtics and Patriots. It's a fantastic feeling.

Maybe its a conspiracy. Everyone hates ESPN, so they must hate Boston teams, since ESPN is in CT and probably 80% of the staff is Boston fans. Not to mention their loves of all things Yankees-Sox, their 19 part series on how America is now a Red Sox nation, the 42 repeats of the "Big 3" sit down interview and their up to the minute coverage of Tom Brady's spread in GQ magazine.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#785 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun May 4, 2008 1:54 pm

Serpo wrote:There won't be much of a rivalry with Boston their window is too short for a rivalry . Ray Allen is almost done and when he is done ( 1-3 years MAX ) the other two will start to decline as well .

If the Boston guys were 3-4 years younger maybe there's a chance for a rivaly but they aren't

It's amazing because people have this view point like Kobe is a young stud and Pierce is an aging star, then you actually realize that Pierce is a whopping year older than Bryant. Obviously this depends on how good Rondo turns out and a few of the other young players, but they've done very well without Ray Allen. I expect him to start declining within a few seasons quickly, but Pierce and Garnett could have two or three very good years left in them. It depends on which East teams can improve, but I think for at least two more seasons, the Celtics and Pistons will be two of the top teams in the East.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#786 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun May 4, 2008 2:03 pm

Raps4evr wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

For this one game, yeah... almost everyone is one the ATL bandwagon, deal with it, we will all be laughing out loud like men possessed, win the series or not, and If they do WIN, I'll get drunk and do the "Superman" dance like Soulja boy. :biggrin:

I'm not sure where you're getting this information from. There's been more hatred directed against the Celtics on the Raptors board and obviously the Lakers board and a few others are bad, but most team boards I've lurked on don't have the same opinions. There are also a lot of people who are rooting for Garnett to win a Championship since he finally has a good team around him, and there are also people who feel Boston has the best shot at winning the Championship among the Eastern teams.
sixers_610
General Manager
And1: 68

Post#787 » by sixers_610 » Sun May 4, 2008 2:18 pm

As a Philadelphia fan that lives in Boston, I have to root for the Hawks.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#788 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun May 4, 2008 2:34 pm

I've seen many Hawks fans who have claimed Boston is a jump-shooting team and Atlanta isn't, yet they don't post stats to prove this. There was a thread on the Celtics board that showed the Celtics have scored more points in the paint than Atlanta has through the first 5 games, so the only stats I've seen show anything but Boston being a jump-shooting team. They're just going into the paint and not getting the same foul calls Atlanta is. This has been a very boring playoffs, so there is a reason the refs may want to keep it close especially after what happened to the Patriots earlier in the season. My guess is that the officiating will be good today or Boston will be getting a lot of calls their way. I still feel a Celtics-Lakers Championship has a possibility of happening.
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#789 » by JStockLivesOn » Sun May 4, 2008 2:38 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:I've seen many Hawks fans who have claimed Boston is a jump-shooting team and Atlanta isn't, yet they don't post stats to prove this. There was a thread on the Celtics board that showed the Celtics have scored more points in the paint than Atlanta has through the first 5 games, so the only stats I've seen show anything but Boston being a jump-shooting team. They're just going into the paint and not getting the same foul calls Atlanta is. This has been a very boring playoffs, so there is a reason the refs may want to keep it close especially after what happened to the Patriots earlier in the season. My guess is that the officiating will be good today or Boston will be getting a lot of calls their way. I still feel a Celtics-Lakers Championship has a possibility of happening.

Oh, come ON!!!!! Yeah, the NBA is purposefully rigging this series so that their cash cow is on the verge of elimination.

Give me a break, people.
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#790 » by 5DOM » Sun May 4, 2008 2:46 pm

sixers_610 wrote:As a Philadelphia fan that lives in Boston, I have to root for the Hawks.

:rofl: :rofl:
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#791 » by magicfan4life05 » Sun May 4, 2008 2:47 pm

Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe its a conspiracy. Everyone hates ESPN, so they must hate Boston teams, since ESPN is in CT and probably 80% of the staff is Boston fans. Not to mention their loves of all things Yankees-Sox, their 19 part series on how America is now a Red Sox nation, the 42 repeats of the "Big 3" sit down interview and their up to the minute coverage of Tom Brady's spread in GQ magazine.

:bowdown:
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#792 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun May 4, 2008 2:54 pm

JStockLivesOn wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh, come ON!!!!! Yeah, the NBA is purposefully rigging this series so that their cash cow is on the verge of elimination.

Give me a break, people.

It helps a young Hawks team which has had problems with attendance, and it creates drama for the playoffs which has really had none. I'm not saying it's fact, but I have my reasons for feeling it could be the case.
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#793 » by JStockLivesOn » Sun May 4, 2008 2:59 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It helps a young Hawks team which has had problems with attendance, and it creates drama for the playoffs which has really had none. I'm not saying it's fact, but I have my reasons for feeling it could be the case.

That's cause for maybe 1 or 2 Hawks-leaning games, if one believes in conspiracy theories, but it would be a risky and terrible idea to push it to a Game 7. Even if you lean the Celtics way as officials, you can't completely control what will happen, and it's an elimination game.

The theory just doesn't hold up for me, especially considering the Hawks just dominated down the stretch in Game 6. There was no real "interpretable officiating" there.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#794 » by A.J. » Sun May 4, 2008 3:02 pm

sixers_610 wrote:As a Philadelphia fan that lives in Boston, I have to root for the Hawks.

:rofl: I thought I wasnt the only one who got that
Man_Up
Senior

Post#795 » by Man_Up » Sun May 4, 2008 3:28 pm

If the Refs decide they don't want Pierce to play, like the last game, no way the celts win.
Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#796 » by WhateverBro » Sun May 4, 2008 3:35 pm

Help a Euro out...in how many hours do the game start? Thanks in advance.
NDaATL
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#797 » by NDaATL » Sun May 4, 2008 3:36 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Does refusing to believe that you're team is getting beat qualify?
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant

Post#798 » by EvadedHavoc » Sun May 4, 2008 3:37 pm

Addis wrote:Help a Euro out...in how many hours do the game start? Thanks in advance.

an hour and a half
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#799 » by WhateverBro » Sun May 4, 2008 3:38 pm

EvadedHavoc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

an hour and a half

Thanks.
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant

Post#800 » by EvadedHavoc » Sun May 4, 2008 3:40 pm