If Ant plays like this, the Wolves is going to beat Nuggets

Moderators: Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199

WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Re: If Ant plays like this, the Wolves is going to beat Nuggets 

Post#81 » by WentzerWuver » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:51 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:The Wolves absolute will kill the Nuggets inside... I don't see KCP can stop him,
Unless Joker plays bad, game over!
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 23,060

Post#82 » by dhsilv2 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:54 pm

Froob wrote:
firedavidkahn wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:I hope so. I am sick of the Jokic overrating.

Jokic may be a lot of things but the one thing he isn't is overrated

There’s a thread on here about him being better than LeBron and better than any player post Jordan.

He’s an all time great player but, can we slow down a tad bit?

He's at that age...he might maintain a few years. But most guys peak before 30. Nearly all do. And this run matches anyone ever. I don't get what people are wanting. Statistical dominance, won a title, won 3 MVP's, won a finals MVP. There are others who match that...but nobody ever was more an outlier either at their peak.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,597

Post#83 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 pm

Ambrose wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:If Murray is healthy, like, 44/38/88 healthy, Wolves are getting smoked.

Otherwise they'll lose. Suns are god awful and I think people are overrating the **** out of the Wolves.

Minnesota lost in five to Denver (with multiple close games), despite Jaden McDaniels and Naz Reid being out, Kyle Anderson going down half way through the series, and Denver having a much deeper bench. It should be a competitive series.

Denver had a historically shallow bench last season, so that part is not accurate. Only eight guys played more than 20 mins for them all last postseason. Nine guys have already played more than 30 mins this year for them in four games.

No actually it is 100% accurate. With as shallow as Denver's depth was, Minnesota's was even shallower.

Look at Minnesota's regular bench rotation in the series last year
Game 1: Anderson, Nowell, Prince, Rivers, McLaughlin
Game 2: Anderson, Alexander-Walker, Nowell
Game 3: Anderson, Prince, Nowell, Rivers
Game 4: Prince, Anderson, Rivers, McLaughlin, Nowell
Game 5: Prince, Rivers, Nowell

Kyle Anderson: Still in the rotation, but in a much smaller role
Taurean Prince: In Los Angeles
Nickeil Alexander-Walker: Was only a reserve for one game because he started the other four games.
Austin Rivers: Retired.
Jordan McLaughlin: An emergency option, both then and now.
Jaylen Nowell: On a two-way contract.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#84 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:03 am

TheFire wrote:This team easily beats the Nuggets if Murray is hobbled. I could even see a sweep.

Ant destroys KCP every time they play. Simply bullies him. The Wolves perimeter defense is going to make Murray’s life hell. You saw what they did to Booker in 3/4 games who’s a better player? The Nuggets bench is the worst of any playoff team and they’re really going to miss Brown against a team like wolves who have amazing depth. Yes, Jokic is incredible but Wolves are the only team that can throw 3 7 footers at him. They will wore him out if Murray is not himself. In my opinion, the Wolves are the best team in the league.

Not that Booker isn't better than Murray but they couldn't be more different as players. What works on one doesn't work the same on the other.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#85 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:03 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
kaansunman wrote:First Denver should beat Lakers for one last time which is most probably will happen in 24 hours.

Suns' awful defense helps Ant's performance, it won't be that easy for him this time but still he has the potential. Wolves with their size will be a big problem for Nuggets it will be a hard fought at least 6 game series. This is not the year for them yet, they should build the rage after the loss next year.

Suns were the 13th ranked defense this year.

Lakers 16th...

Yeah but Beal is playing in all the games in the playoffs...
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#86 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:11 am

AleksandarN wrote:Btw if I was Denver I could see them having AG on Ant at times. With Jokic on Ruby and MPJ on Kat with KCP switched onto Daniels.

Gobert being on the count really will let Jokic roam and using his hands and off ball game on defense.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,775

Post#87 » by TimberKat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:26 am

Wolves actually matches up well and can beat DEN with the regular season Ant. So, if we get the Ant of Suns series, I have no doubt it's Wolves win in 6 games. Most fans who watched Wolves all season actually worry about Suns more than DEN.
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,539

Post#88 » by Ambrose » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:23 am

Klomp wrote:
Ambrose wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Minnesota lost in five to Denver (with multiple close games), despite Jaden McDaniels and Naz Reid being out, Kyle Anderson going down half way through the series, and Denver having a much deeper bench. It should be a competitive series.

Denver had a historically shallow bench last season, so that part is not accurate. Only eight guys played more than 20 mins for them all last postseason. Nine guys have already played more than 30 mins this year for them in four games.

No actually it is 100% accurate. With as shallow as Denver's depth was, Minnesota's was even shallower.

Nickeil Alexander-Walker: Was only a reserve for one game because he started the other four games.

I think we are talking about different things. I took it as 2023 Denver had a deeper bench in comparison to them this year, which is false. If he was comparing them to the Wolves, that's not something I've looked into. Though it's highly unlikely to have much less depth than a team that played 7-8 guys, with one of them being useless.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 28,170

Post#89 » by Domejandro » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:42 pm

Ambrose wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Ambrose wrote:

I think we are talking about different things. I took it as 2023 Denver had a deeper bench in comparison to them this year, which is false. If he was comparing them to the Wolves, that's not something I've looked into. Though it's highly unlikely to have much less depth than a team that played 7-8 guys, with one of them being useless.

I was talking about Denver's bench (like you thought), but I respectfully disagree completely with your opinion. Denver's bench this year is substantially worse. Jeff Green and Bruce Brown (especially) are both more reliable than anyone else off of Denver's bench this season, while Reggie Jackson and DeAndre Jordan are both a year older.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,597

Post#90 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:46 pm

Domejandro wrote:
Ambrose wrote:
Klomp wrote:No actually it is 100% accurate. With as shallow as Denver's depth was, Minnesota's was even shallower.

I was talking about Denver's bench (like you thought), but I respectfully disagree completely with your opinion. Denver's bench this year is substantially worse. Jeff Green and Bruce Brown (especially) are both more reliable than anyone else off of Denver's bench this season, while Reggie Jackson and DeAndre Jordan are both a year older.

This is true too. Take last night's game as perfect evidence, as Reggie Jackson was the only player who Michael Malone trusted to play more than 6 minutes.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,539

Post#91 » by Ambrose » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:03 pm

Domejandro wrote:
Ambrose wrote:
Klomp wrote:No actually it is 100% accurate. With as shallow as Denver's depth was, Minnesota's was even shallower.

To me they are separate things. I actually agree the bench is worse (before the playoffs began I said Denver's depth is better, does that make up for losing their super 6th guy?), but it is deeper. I'd also quibble about Jeff Green, who was horrendous last postseason. Watson/Braun provide similar offense despite playing poorly so far this postseason and are significantly better defensively. If he was still in Denver, they would get more minutes than him.

Return to The General Board