“Jayson Tatum is like the Michael Jordan of Tobias Harrises”

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,085

Re: “Jayson Tatum is like the Michael Jordan of Tobias Harrises” 

Post#81 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri May 10, 2024 4:48 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:Holy sht that made me laugh. That’s actually pretty accurate (so far). That said, despite all the times they’ve tripped over their own dicks in recent years, I’m not writing this team off after one game. They’ve been too good this season.

They don't have a dick to trip over.

As a Sixer fan, you certainly are an expert on postseason losing.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,617

Post#82 » by JRoy » Fri May 10, 2024 4:50 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:Bradley Beal is the Tobias Harris of Michael Jordans

Thank God I didn’t have a mouthful of coffee when I read that.

Lol.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,659

Post#83 » by The High Cyde » Fri May 10, 2024 4:52 pm

It might be fatigue, however slightly. Tatum and Brown have been going deep in the playoffs since they were drafted, might be taking a toll. But that’s no excuse really, everyone is tired in the playoffs.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,194

Post#84 » by Shaka_Zulu » Fri May 10, 2024 4:52 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:
bisme37 wrote:You guys are jerks and I hate you.

Read on Twitter
?t=5TpHKN2-Y8TtXBG12cHNrw&s=19

I feel like I put a lot of work in around here to keep this place plugging away and I'm always really nice and gracious about wins and losses and try to make everyone feel welcomed and then I wake up to stuff like this and sometimes I struggle to remember its not personal. I'm a fan trying to watch playoff games like everyone else and instead I'm making threads for other people and dealing with meltdowns and insults on multiple boards and getting heckled for trying to handle it all. It takes a toll at times. If this thread was about a non-Celtic I probably would have locked it... I mean what the OP saw a funny line on twitter and decided to post it on RGM to troll and get likes.

Sorry I'm grumpy though I'm sure I'll bounce back. My health sucks and I'm emo and I had to vent and you are the guy who went at me just now. I think you are a Wolves fan... they've been playing great and I'm really enjoying them so congrats on that. I'm going to bed cheers.

No hate, just banter, I'm genuinely just joking around with gifs since I read your post as a joke too. I don't take this thread seriously (its a meme about Tobias harris now lol). It has tiny sliver of truth with his reputation (explained in long post), but in general it's reactive and hyperbolic.

I enjoy watching Celtics play, plenty of likeable players (Horford, White, Jrue, the two Jays are fun wings when they aggressive), only Celtic players I didn't like was Smart and he is gone. As a team as you are fun to watch and play great defense, which I enjoy alot.

Don't take this **** seriously, and close it if it's necessary.

P.S I'm an admin/mod in 2 other forums for 2 decades, so I heavily sympathise with you in that regard. Thankless gig.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,085

Post#85 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri May 10, 2024 4:56 pm

BrooklynDynasty wrote:
Special_Puppy wrote:Tatum really is the Brock Purdy of the NBA. Still a top 5-8 player in the league. but his career is massively boosted by having amazing supporting casts.

jokic
giannis
embiid
luka
sga
edwards
brunson
mitchell
durant
booker
butler

how can be be top 5-8 when he isn't even better than these ten when it matters?

A majority of those players have never had a bad Finals series because, in fact, they've never been in the Finals at all.

Most of them have never scored 50 points in a postseason game, elimination game or otherwise.

The offense-only guards on that list have, unsurprisingly, accomplished much less in the postseason that Tatum has.

I do agree that the MVPs, at their peaks, were better than Tatum ever has been.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,243

Post#86 » by Capn'O » Fri May 10, 2024 5:00 pm

Is this more insulting to Tatum or Harris?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
damanick10
Starter
And1: 3,215

Post#87 » by damanick10 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:09 pm

Special_Puppy wrote:Tatum really is the Brock Purdy of the NBA. Still a top 5-8 player in the league. but his career is massively boosted by having amazing supporting casts.

Purdy is nowhere near top 5-8 tho. Tatum at least has some elite skills. The MJ of Tobias tho is incredible and makes so much sense.
User_friendly
Pro Prospect
And1: 393

Post#88 » by User_friendly » Fri May 10, 2024 5:28 pm

Anthony Edwards is the Anthony Edwards of Michael Jordans
Rishkar
Junior
And1: 329

Post#89 » by Rishkar » Fri May 10, 2024 6:05 pm

I've always said Tatum is a player who has all his sliders turned up to 85. He's a good defender, good rebounder, good shooter, good cutter, good passer, good dribbler, and has no element of his game that is truly elite at. Still a star, and honestly gets more slander than he probably deserves.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,416

Post#90 » by RB34 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:39 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
RB34 wrote:Love the salt from rat teams

Win a chip, then talk your ****. It's wide open for you guys. Will you admit the Celtics don't have it, if they fail this time?

Your guy has never made it out of the second round and you’ve been talking smack all season. Embiid prancing around doing the suck it celly and coming up short in the 4th when it counts.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,028

Post#91 » by bisme37 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:55 pm

I woke up from my nap and realized being Michael Jordan with a better paycheck is actually a pretty cool compliment.
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,711

Post#92 » by rapstarter » Fri May 10, 2024 8:58 pm

bisme37 wrote:I woke up from my nap and realized being Michael Jordan with a better paycheck is actually a pretty cool compliment.

You are Jayson Tatum?
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,397

Post#93 » by Lunartic » Fri May 10, 2024 8:59 pm

Celtics will obviously win the series regardless

Mitchell is a chucker fraud - the Monta Ellis of James Hardens
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,330

Post#94 » by KyRo23 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:05 pm

Celtic fans are all good for talk until their team loses a game, then it's "welllllll it's going to happen! why the threads?!"

Celtic fans are the Jayson Tatum of Michael Jordans
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 981

Post#95 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:07 pm

bisme37 wrote:I woke up from my nap and realized being Michael Jordan with a better paycheck is actually a pretty cool compliment.

You are LeBron James?
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,568

Post#96 » by MrGoat » Fri May 10, 2024 9:16 pm

Capn'O wrote:Is this more insulting to Tatum or Harris?

Debatable, that's why it's so funny
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,731

Post#97 » by CoP » Fri May 10, 2024 9:22 pm

bisme37 wrote:I feel like I put a lot of work in around here to keep this place plugging away and I'm always really nice and gracious about wins and losses and try to make everyone feel welcomed and then I wake up to stuff like this and sometimes I struggle to remember its not personal. I'm a fan trying to watch playoff games like everyone else and instead I'm making threads for other people and dealing with meltdowns and insults on multiple boards and getting heckled for trying to handle it all. It takes a toll at times. If this thread was about a non-Celtic I probably would have locked it... I mean what the OP saw a funny line on twitter and decided to post it on RGM to troll and get likes.

Sorry I'm grumpy though I'm sure I'll bounce back. My health sucks and I'm emo and I had to vent and you are the guy who went at me just now. I think you are a Wolves fan... they've been playing great and I'm really enjoying them so congrats on that. I'm going to bed cheers.

It really is quite amazing that a thread quoting some anonymous tweet is allowed to stay up. It adds no intelligent discussion to the board, at all. It sucks that you feel paralyzed from doing what you know is right just because it might come off as biased. Threads like this shouldn't exist, they pollute the board.

That said, it's whatever. Ignore and move on. Not going to really affect my day. On to Game 3!
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,682

Post#98 » by reload141 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:24 pm

KyRo23 wrote:Celtic fans are all good for talk until their team loses a game, then it's "welllllll it's going to happen! why the threads?!"

Or the Jayson Tatum of Michael Jordan Celtic fans?

BOOM!
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,028

Post#99 » by bisme37 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:33 pm

KyRo23 wrote:Celtic fans are all good for talk until their team loses a game, then it's "welllllll it's going to happen! why the threads?!"

Is this directed at me? I think I was really the only Celtics fan whining about it.

I dunno maybe I'm just getting too old for this ish lol. I've never been into upsetting people or tearing them down to try to raise myself up. And it's like our entire culture now. I don't talk any smack at all win or lose. So I'm not sure who you're going after with this post.

It's a troll thread with a no-effort OP. I lock stuff like this when it comes to other teams and players but when it's the Celtics I feel weird about a conflict of interest and just end up eating it. Kinda sucks and gets me down now and then. I'm human.
Blacksheep25
Rookie
And1: 1,317

Post#100 » by Blacksheep25 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:46 pm

It’s a funny and accurate quote. I’m impressed OP didn’t try to claim it as his own.

Return to The General Board