Has Kyrie rehabbed his image?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Has Kyrie rehabbed his image?

Yes
43%
Not yet
57%

Total votes: 99

Forbes
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Re: Has Kyrie rehabbed his image? 

Post#81 » by Forbes » Mon May 13, 2024 1:24 am

heezyo2o wrote:
Forbes wrote:The media would blow up everything that came out of Kyrie’s mouth.

Before he came to Dallas, Cuban told him he could handle the media. Best believe the people allowed to speak to Kyrie are on their best behavior.

Also Kyrie of old was looking to be that number 1 option and leader. He has definitely matured and realizes what he’s best at and what he is capable of. Mavs are getting the benefits of him becoming wiser. That why everyone originally say the pairing with Luka wouldn’t work because the old Kyrie damn sure was not going to work here.

Kyrie chose to pair up with Durant right. And when trying to work things out with Harden, Kyrie basically gave up the PG duties. Don't think Kyrie has looked to be the #1 option for awhile

Yep that’s why I said Kyrie of old. He was talking like that on the Cavs and on Boston.
Roseability
Junior
And1: 132

Post#82 » by Roseability » Mon May 13, 2024 1:25 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
advent11 wrote:He was proven right about the vaccine mandate.

Only for those still trafficking in misinformation and conspiracy theories.

For the rest of us, no.

As to Kyrie, he has kept himself from repeating the dumb and offensive things he has said previously, so that’s been helpful to him.

And he does seem to on the court be at another level of maturation as a teammate and player.

Have you had your monthly booster, bro.
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,595

Post#83 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:36 am

I don't think he's done a single thing to rehab it....he's just been "quiet" this season...still waiting for him to mess that up but only time will tell
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#84 » by WentzerWuver » Mon May 13, 2024 2:35 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:I find myself liking Kyrie lately. He seems like a great teammate, he's respectful to his opponents, he's respectful to reporters and gives well articulated answers. He's always got a smile on his face. Maybe he's always been like this but all the dumb stuff he did overshadowed it.

Tldr; Kyrie seems like a very likeable dude.
Cause you believe the world is flat Lol
famicommander
Sophomore
And1: 553

Post#85 » by famicommander » Mon May 13, 2024 2:46 am

cdubbz wrote:
famicommander wrote:No.

He literally signal boosted the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. One of the most influential, disgusting pieces of antisemitic propaganda that ever existed. It's where Hitler got most of his insane notions.

He's so stupid he doesn't know what shape the damn planet is. He doesn't believe in vaccinations.

He thinks Satan is a real dude who is using secret societies to push vaccines to somehow connect all black people into a computer for undefined purposes.

He's dangerously stupid.

You sound pretty hateful towards him.

I'm hateful towards people who spread literal Nazi propaganda, yes. He's a grown ass man, he got an education, he went to high school and college. There's no damn excuse for not knowing bigoted propaganda when you see it, and there's even less of an excuse for spreading it.

He is making the human race dumber through his actions. In both a generally stupid anti-science way and in a dangerous, bigoted way.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,415

Post#86 » by CobraCommander » Mon May 13, 2024 4:03 am

Guardia wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:If you listen closely to kyrie, you realize he knows more about basketball than damn near anyone on earth.

If you listen to kyrie talk about anything else, you realize his heart is in the right place, but he lacks enough knowledge to defend or substantiate his social, historical or science stances.

But I have never, and neither have you, heard him say anything negative or hateful about any group of people.

Kyrie is hippie first…Native American, African American, (possibly Jewish… who knows considering their are Ethiopian and black Jewish people), weird contrarian. But we have never heard of him getting into a fight, doing drugs, hurting women or animals…. Doing anything violent or even saying something violent- yet he was canceled while Nike kept Ja…

but again people out here that think guys that ask questions and say weird uninformed easily disproven stuff , yet they are begging for and yearning for peace and social justice like Kyrie are the problem, In my opinion, yall are the problem.

Nerdy dudes with weird conspiracy theories can be ignored…. As they should be… canceled ? Needing rehab? Hell naw -

I would rather we working on rehabbing people who actually hurt people or wish evil on innocent- back to basketball- one love RealGM

I went to the future and found brought back this video of Kyrie at age 55.:.: up so his same old ways and still got moves

Oh and he doesn’t hurt your team if you hold him accountable to basketball and not digging wells for poor people in the middle of the season… look it up- he took time off to build a well and a nba team tried to cover it up… wtf kyrie get your tail to work - you can hire someone to dig the well - hippy millionaires … sheesh

Quite sure Kyrie has stated several times he is converted to Islam.

So can a ethnic Jewish person convert to Islam? I don’t know - all I know is dudes a hippy that can ball and honestly I only care about his balling…

I do my best to ask Rabbis about Jewish stuff and scientists about the shape of planets and efficacy of vaccines but if I want to know how to attack OKCs perimeter defense I’m going to Kyrie…. I don’t care about anything kyrie does or says about anything unrelated to basketball…. If it’s legal mind you….
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,415

Post#87 » by CobraCommander » Mon May 13, 2024 4:24 am

famicommander wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
famicommander wrote:No.

He literally signal boosted the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. One of the most influential, disgusting pieces of antisemitic propaganda that ever existed. It's where Hitler got most of his insane notions.

He's so stupid he doesn't know what shape the damn planet is. He doesn't believe in vaccinations.

He thinks Satan is a real dude who is using secret societies to push vaccines to somehow connect all black people into a computer for undefined purposes.

He's dangerously stupid.

You sound pretty hateful towards him.

I'm hateful towards people who spread literal Nazi propaganda, yes. He's a grown ass man, he got an education, he went to high school and college. There's no damn excuse for not knowing bigoted propaganda when you see it, and there's even less of an excuse for spreading it.

He is making the human race dumber through his actions. In both a generally stupid anti-science way and in a dangerous, bigoted way.

A lot of that bigotry is happening from people that actually get paid to push policy, execute war and provide aid to foreign nations- kyrie is a basketball player that said some stuff that he himself said he didn’t understand was hurtful. Kyrie apologized and said he himself is fighting antisemitism.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/silver-laments-lack-apology-irving-over-promoting-anti-semitic-film-2022-11-03/

Yet that’s not enough huh?

We either ignoring everything he says good or bad unrelated to basketball (my camp)

Or

We take him as his word as a bad actor initially and then an apologetic goood actor eventually. (The reasonable camp of people that go to the uninformed for informed opinions )

Or

We give a person one chance and if they blow it - shame and cancel them forever amen? (People expecting more from kyrie than an apology and action towards fighting the problem he caused)

Not sure what else people expect from a basketball player turned prophet of peace love and hippy highGuy logic…

But man we got real people that would do harm to us for being what ever type human we are - kyrie is not the problem - people that look to him for the wisdom beyond his scope of knowledge are the problem.

When the nba said “more than an athlete”. I was like cool but what if I only care about your athletic performance? Not mad- just not interested-
theforumblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,915

Post#88 » by theforumblue » Mon May 13, 2024 4:41 am

as a basketball player yeah he's playing well and team's doing well and that's good to see. supreme talent.

as a person, learning the hard way to not share as much doesn't change who he showed himself to be, which is someone who thinks himself an intellect. that is worse than someone who isn't under such delusion but ultimately i don't care too much one way or another.
screw these absolute garbage refs
TacoLord
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,267

Post#89 » by TacoLord » Mon May 13, 2024 4:44 am

It's truly amazing he hasn't been outspoken about the Israel/Gaza conflict to the point where he got suspended again. Good for him, I guess.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,031

Post#90 » by JN61 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:56 am

No. People just pay zero attention to him.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,997

Post#91 » by dhsilv2 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:02 am

Calvin Klein wrote:Maybe he wasn't the toxic one after all? Maybe it was the guy who keeps destroying franchises.

which celtic?
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,454

Post#92 » by SweaterBae » Mon May 13, 2024 6:27 am

So go 1 year without saying the earth is flat, or that science is bunk, or hating on Jews, and *POOF* your image is rehabbed! He's the same person.
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#93 » by zero rings » Mon May 13, 2024 6:33 am

TacoLord wrote:It's truly amazing he hasn't been outspoken about the Israel/Gaza conflict to the point where he got suspended again. Good for him, I guess.

Even if he did, why should a player be suspended for that?
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,456

Post#94 » by SichtingLives » Mon May 13, 2024 6:42 am

The bar is pretty low if you're lauded for finally behaving like an adult at the age of 32. But that's understandable considering it's the common standard for many of his generation.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,454

Post#95 » by SweaterBae » Mon May 13, 2024 6:43 am

SichtingLives wrote:The bar is pretty low if you're lauded for finally behaving like an adult at the age of 32. But that's understandable considering it's the common standard for many of his generation.

Sportswashing.
joesha1698
Senior
And1: 131

Post#96 » by joesha1698 » Mon May 13, 2024 8:35 am

Europeans elites and European Jewish elite enslaved and committed genocide on his African and Native ancestors. He has nothing to apologize to any of them about. No-one owns religious his-story and anyone has a right to challenge his-story. Aftercall, European Jews were converts to the religion just like Europeans were converts to Christianity. Lastly, the NBA is currently discussing a deal with Amazon to host NBA games. If the NBA was so concerned with him posting a link to a documentary, why no out-rage about the movie still being on Amazon to rent? Why no mention of the fact that the NBA works with TNT (whose host Shaq showed the same movie in his theaters in years past). Why no push back from the NBA when Amazon still has the documentary and book for rent and sale as they discuss this TV deal? Let's be real, posting a link to a documentary that is on a public platform (isn't censored in any way) questioning the history of a religion or history in general - is not beyond the pale. He literally just posted a link. This was just retaliation b/c he refused to take the vaccination and it gave the NBA bad press.

America was founded on Manifest destiny aka White Supremacy. The Europeans committed genocide on the Native population to build a racist settler colonial society that is known as America today. This is the same project that enslaved Kyrie's ancestors for centuries on his father's side. Israel is also a racist settler colonial society founded on European Jewish Religious Supremacy. Israel is currently committing genocide in the middle east based on these same supremacist beliefs. Why should any person accept the historical account of European history or European religious history when it has been used to propagate the genocide and destruction of Non-Europeans time and time again? When the mere questioning of history is met with censorship and threats - it proves the European elite simply would like the true history to stay hidden. To those people I say,

Never again.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,378

Post#97 » by hippesthippo » Mon May 13, 2024 9:29 am

From my perspective? Yes.

I haven't seen him in the news saying dumb **** and putting his teammates in **** spots in at least a year.

So, either Dallas has him in bubble wrap, I haven't been paying any attention, or Kyrie finally decided he wanted to be a full-time ball player again.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,504

Post#98 » by Hornet Mania » Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 am

Yes, I think so.

I never got the impression the majority of fans were particularly bothered by his 'alternative facts' or whatever. It's the media and liberal people really invested in the new cycle that got most bent out of shape over his wrongthink. The black nationalist movie stuff talking nonsense about Jews was the most unfortunate thing he ever mentioned/did but even that I think was very minor (I know I'm inviting grandstanding with that statement, but whatever) and he backtracked immediately. Hate is not really part of his track record so I'm inclined to believe he's not actually anti-semitic. He's obviously just willing to hear any theory out, no matter how wild, and if anything the wilder it gets the more believable it is to him.

The vaccine stuff was overblown imo, as someone who's gotten the shots and boosters. Mandatory jabs for non-sterilizing medicines is overstepping, adults should have personal autonomy over their bodies even if it means making the wrong decision sometimes. He wasn't endangering anyone but himself by not taking the shot and lowering his probability of fighting off a future Covid infection. In the end he was proven correct because those mandates have been dropped by NY and basically everywhere else except certain medical professions.

The biggest lesson here is that athletes shouldn't be your moral or intellectual compass. It really doesn't matter what Kyrie Irving thinks about anything, and it never did. The media put his fringe beliefs under a microscope as if he had some incredible influence due to his celebrity. He didn't. He never did. The entire situation was completely contrived. If you want an opinion about medicine ask a doctor. If you want an opinion on history ask a historian. If Kyrie Irving is wrong on those subjects it doesn't matter at all.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 64,368

Post#99 » by Celts17Pride » Mon May 13, 2024 11:26 am

Wait until the Mavs lose, just a matter of time. This is all a setup for Kyrie so he can use this to complain about his next contract extension which will start next year.

Next year all you’re going to hear about is he wants X dollars and Y years at the end of next year. Kyrie will point to this year.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,054

Post#100 » by LaLover11 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:45 am

dhsilv2 wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:Maybe he wasn't the toxic one after all? Maybe it was the guy who keeps destroying franchises.

which celtic?

I'm guessing al horford
Bronny will become Murray 2.0

Return to The General Board