Nikola Jokic Supernova

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,993

Re: Nikola Jokic Supernova 

Post#81 » by mcmurphy » Wed May 15, 2024 2:12 pm

art_tatum wrote:That's some crazy overreaction.
Great game played by joker but not close to all time playoff performances come on guys, have no memory or smth. At this point it's insulting to the past greats and their playoff games.
Even any had a game that's arguably just as good THIS series lol

is not only the points... is the total points generated as team by Jokic... I mean... in the 3Q from 16pts by himself, 9 pts through 4ast, others 3-4 pts generated by FT of Gordon-Murray on great passes by Jokic... is responsable of near 30pts in only one quarter
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,111

Re: Jokic Is A Bad MF 

Post#82 » by bledredwine » Wed May 15, 2024 2:12 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
really makes me hate some of these entitled stars (the Kd's, Hardens and Embiids of the world)

Exactly, and nearly every star has been entitled over the last decade.

The Euro way is infiltrating. It includes a post game and the right competitive mindset not
this soft bullcrap.

I'm all for it. And apparently, ANT is a member of the club as well :rock:
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,555

Post#83 » by durden_tyler » Wed May 15, 2024 2:14 pm

Best big man ever, if he gets the title this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,218

Post#84 » by tcheco » Wed May 15, 2024 2:25 pm

40 points with 68%FG, 13 assist with 0 turnovers playing against the best defensive team in the league and DPOY is not an all time great performance in the playoffs? There's no way someone watched this game, and the amount of tough shots and crazy assists that Jokic created, and can say with a straight face that this was not an all time great performance
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,133

Post#85 » by Duke4life831 » Wed May 15, 2024 2:44 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I still think the craziest aspect to Jokic’s game compared to other previous stars is how he plays.

Whether you compare him to some of the recent great facilitators (CP3, Nash) or some of the great overall offensive production machines (LeBron, Luka, Harden).

There is one thing that really separates Jokic from those guys. He doesn’t monopolize the offense. Ya he gets a crazy amount of touches, but he doesn’t dominate the ball. That ball is always moving, the players around him aren’t put in basically just a stand around, watch, and wait for a kick out kind of role.

It doesn’t matter who you are, as long as you’re willing to move and be active, you’re going to get touches and have a chance to be able to build up your own rhythm.

Whether you’re another star or just some random role player, Jokic has the be the easiest guy to play with.

He's Dirk like in this ball dominance...obviously NOT that fast but he's doing 3x the work as Dirk.

Yup. That’s the thing that is so crazy to me. Jokic has the overall stats as someone who monopolizes the ball, but does it with drastically less time with the ball in his hands.

Then you throw in his crazy efficiency on top of all of that. Offensively he’s something I’ve never seen before.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,133

Post#86 » by Duke4life831 » Wed May 15, 2024 2:46 pm

tcheco wrote:40 points with 68%FG, 13 assist with 0 turnovers playing against the best defensive team in the league and DPOY is not an all time great performance in the playoffs? There's no way someone watched this game, and the amount of tough shots and crazy assists that Jokic created, and can say with a straight face that this was not an all time great performance

And beyond the stats, if you watched the game you would’ve seen the drastic difference of when he was on and off the court.

Every time he left the game, Denver’s offense came to a screeching stop. There was zero flow or ability to get a clean look consistently.

But once he came back into the game, it looked like Minny had no idea how to slow him down.
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,635

Post#87 » by Mrakar » Wed May 15, 2024 3:13 pm

He could never get 70 vs Wembanyama. We all know Embiid is better, but his team sucks.
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 4,101

Post#88 » by hauntedcomputer » Wed May 15, 2024 3:20 pm

inquisitive wrote:
made the dpoy look foolish

The weird thing is Gobert mostly played great defense. He only got out-and-out beat a couple of times. Just unreal shotmaking.
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,007

Post#89 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed May 15, 2024 3:26 pm

Mrakar wrote:He could never get 70 vs Wembanyama. We all know Embiid is better, but his team sucks.

lol. Good troll attempt.
TinmanZBoy
General Manager
And1: 4,851

Post#90 » by TinmanZBoy » Wed May 15, 2024 3:26 pm

bstein14 wrote:The craziest thing to me is the basketball minds that try to constantly discredit him. Mark Jackson not having him top 5 in MVP voting. Shaq going on a rant about how Jokic didn't deserve it a 3rd time, etc. Honestly Embiid was amazing this year until he got injured but Jokic is clearly the best player in the league and deserved it. The GOAT at passing out of a double time. The last four year stretch from Jokic is one of the top four year stretches in NBA history and likely the best since Jordan from 89-93. There's a step between Jokic and everyone else that we haven't had in a while. LeBron was not this much better than KD, Steph, Kobe, etc when he peaked I always felt there were other guys real close but with Jokic it feels like he is on a tier by himself.

He is like Roger Federer in his early dominance, a tier above everyone with an easy beautiful game, that was why Roger was so much liked by fans
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,280

Post#91 » by RRFB » Wed May 15, 2024 3:36 pm

Legendary performance by a legendary player.

There’s only one rational takeaway you can have after that game: Nikola Jokic is undeniably the best player in the league right now, and one of the best of all time.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,184

Post#92 » by tsherkin » Wed May 15, 2024 3:43 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
tcheco wrote:40 points with 68%FG, 13 assist with 0 turnovers playing against the best defensive team in the league and DPOY is not an all time great performance in the playoffs? There's no way someone watched this game, and the amount of tough shots and crazy assists that Jokic created, and can say with a straight face that this was not an all time great performance

And beyond the stats, if you watched the game you would’ve seen the drastic difference of when he was on and off the court.

Every time he left the game, Denver’s offense came to a screeching stop. There was zero flow or ability to get a clean look consistently.

But once he came back into the game, it looked like Minny had no idea how to slow him down.

This, right here, for sure.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,856

Post#93 » by Clav » Wed May 15, 2024 4:42 pm

tsherkin wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

This, right here, for sure.

and...uh, 2. count me in for this as well. One of the most dominant performances ever. Jokic showed the people (once again) why he's MVP... no big trash talk or bravado, a simple "I'm the best, try to stop me." No one could.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,184

Post#94 » by tsherkin » Wed May 15, 2024 4:44 pm

Clav wrote:and...uh, 2. count me in for this as well. One of the most dominant performances ever. Jokic showed the people (once again) why he's MVP... no big trash talk or bravado, a simple "I'm the best, try to stop me." No one could.

I'm sad I went to bed after the half (I'm old, sue me). He was just giving it right to Minny the whole first half and it was a pleasure to watch. And then it sounds like he went bananas in the 3rd, hehe.
foobar24
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#95 » by foobar24 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:46 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I still think the craziest aspect to Jokic’s game compared to other previous stars is how he plays.

Whether you compare him to some of the recent great facilitators (CP3, Nash) or some of the great overall offensive production machines (LeBron, Luka, Harden).

There is one thing that really separates Jokic from those guys. He doesn’t monopolize the offense. Ya he gets a crazy amount of touches, but he doesn’t dominate the ball. That ball is always moving, the players around him aren’t put in basically just a stand around, watch, and wait for a kick out kind of role.

It doesn’t matter who you are, as long as you’re willing to move and be active, you’re going to get touches and have a chance to be able to build up your own rhythm.

Whether you’re another star or just some random role player, Jokic has the be the easiest guy to play with.

Duke4life831 wrote:

These are excellent encapsulations of Jokic's impact.

As I watched the post-game conference, the one thing that stood out to me---based on his coach and Murray's comments---was his ability to read the opponent. This translated to a type of reactive, free-flowing, intelligent style of play that was entertaining to watch.
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,548

Post#96 » by CodeBreaker » Wed May 15, 2024 4:57 pm

Sums up what I like most about Jokic's offense. He may have a vision comparable to Lebron or Luka, but what separates him is his off-ball ability is tiers above, and the rotation of the ball is flowing.
bledredwine
RealGM

Post#97 » by bledredwine » Wed May 15, 2024 5:12 pm

CodeBreaker wrote:

Sums up what I like most about Jokic's offense. He may have a vision comparable to Lebron or Luka, but what separates him is his off-ball ability is tiers above, and the rotation of the ball is flowing.

Agreed with both of you. Having this off-ball ability is so important to winning games.
It adds another layer of versatility to the team. Very few players in the history of the game
can do both so effectively.
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 23,018

Post#98 » by dhsilv2 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:15 pm

bledredwine wrote:
CodeBreaker wrote:

Agreed with both of you. Having this off-ball ability is so important to winning games.
It adds another layer of versatility to the team. Very few players in the history of the game
can do both so effectively.

Back when I used to watch the NFL, they did this weird thing called running. I know we've all forgotten :)

But anyway, Jokic screening is like watching the greatest blockers in football, but then the RB can hand it back to him and Jokic can take it down the rest of the field. Watching last night....Gobert was doing a great job screening. Jokic was just on another tier...he was just creating space as he moved around the floor.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,978

Post#99 » by nikster » Wed May 15, 2024 5:16 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
bfchs123 wrote:
He’s been the best player in the league for years lol, this isn’t a recent phenonmenon.

He's a rangz person...you can't talk sense to people who can't separate the player from the team.

If you seriously think Jokic is the GOAT then you just don't know basketball. In order to be the GOAT you have to prove it over a length of time.

It's like saying Mahomes is the GOAT over Brady.

It's like Bird calling Jordan the GOAT before he won a single playoff series
bledredwine
RealGM

Post#100 » by bledredwine » Wed May 15, 2024 5:18 pm

nikster wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
He's a rangz person...you can't talk sense to people who can't separate the player from the team.

If you seriously think Jokic is the GOAT then you just don't know basketball. In order to be the GOAT you have to prove it over a length of time.

It's like saying Mahomes is the GOAT over Brady.

It's like Bird calling Jordan the GOAT before he won a single playoff series

A bit, but not quite. He's a 22 year old calling him the best in the league, not the prior best in the league veteran top 10 all time player on a stacked Celtics squad calling a new player (young Jordan) God.

Now if Lebron said "God disguised as Nikola Jokic", then yes, it'd be similar.

Or basically, if you flipped Jokic and ANT and Jokic was calling ANT "God disguised as Anthony Edwards", it'd be similar.

Return to The General Board