Rate Draymond Greens work as a studio show member

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Vote

5 out of 5
9%
4 out of 5
9%
3 out of 5
8%
2 out of 5
15%
1 out of 5
59%

Total votes: 199

picc
RealGM
And1: 18,410

Re: Rate Draymond Greens work as a studio show member 

Post#81 » by picc » Thu May 16, 2024 2:22 am

Gobert is the DPOY multiple times because of his team defense, not because he stops guys one on one. Letting him guard Jokic is a two part problem because it takes away his greatest strength and preys on his biggest weakness, which is post defense against bigger guys who can body him.

The guy bodying him now just happens to be one of the most skilled bigs of all time, if not the most.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,950

Post#82 » by Rainwater » Thu May 16, 2024 2:26 am

People hate him, he is not going to get a fair assessment.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,081

Post#83 » by thinktank » Thu May 16, 2024 2:27 am

cdubbz wrote:
thinktank wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
lol I’ll try to remember that. :lol:

Trash talk & beef has always been a part of the game professionally and casually. Green could have not said anything, but look how much talk there is now about Gobert and his effectiveness on defense. It’s a real conversation.

A lot of players don’t give a damn what the media says but Green is media.

It’s not a real conversation. Look around. Almost no one here agrees with you.

If you’re having a conversation about it it’s with yourself because I haven’t seen anyone here supporting you.

Check the poll. That’s a good gauge of consensus. ;) (As are 4 DPOY awards. :) )

It's a real conversation.

Check out NBA player podcasts that talk about Rudy Goberts defense whether they're defending him or against him.

Dwight Howard credited his defense, but he went with Wemby for DPOY.
Gilbert Arenas said Wemby was robbed of DPOY
Rasheed Wallace said Gobert isn't an enforcer type defender like Mutumbo or Ben Wallace.

ESPN and Fox are talking about Gober'ts defense against Jokic.

Dwight Howard? Gilbert Arenas? Oh people are talking, alright! Lunatics. :lol:

Take a peek at the Wolves before and after Gobert.

We’re now an all-time great defense. 56 wins or whatever in the tough West. Nobody outperformed more than us and OKC. Nobody is stopping HOF and top 10 NBA player Jokic. You’ll only understand that later! Actually you probably won’t. ;)

I’m gonna let you have at this argument. It’s a bad look. I’m not interested in former nutjob players desperately trying to generate clicks because they were too dumb to save their money and / or stay in the league. The guys on TNT couldn’t even look Green in the eye they were so embarrassed. :lol:
KAT in the 2024 playoffs: 19.1, 9.0, 2.6 on 46.6 / 36.1 / 85.5.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,681

Post#84 » by GrandTheftRondo » Thu May 16, 2024 2:28 am

Rainwater wrote:People hate him, he is not going to get a fair assessment.

I’ve never even hated him and he’s just painful to listen to.

Maybe he might improve with practice but right now he just come off like some teenage Twitter hater with everything he says
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,455

Post#85 » by Jables » Thu May 16, 2024 2:28 am

I refuse to watch him, so 1 out of 5 is plenty fair. I wouldn't hate him if he was actually an entertaining personality. I hated watching Shaq play (at least when he lost a bit of explosiveness), and even when he got a ton of hate when he joined Inside the NBA I didn't find him unwatchable, Shaq is moderately entertaining if you don't take his lack of self awareness that seriously.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,715

Post#86 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 16, 2024 2:34 am

I don't like Green the player, but all analysis is skewed towards offense and he adds a valuable perspective as a broadcaster.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
miamiheat319
Veteran
And1: 6,996

Post#87 » by miamiheat319 » Thu May 16, 2024 2:44 am

to me, right now, it just seems like they're trying to shoehorn him in. why does he need to be there with the other 4? they already have that chemistry going. why not have him with vince and crawford and whoever on nights when the other guys want to take off? he adds nothing
NBA Jersey connoisseur
https://youtu.be/k-PaOWxvnz0
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,996

Post#88 » by cdubbz » Thu May 16, 2024 2:47 am

thinktank wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
thinktank wrote:
It’s not a real conversation. Look around. Almost no one here agrees with you.

If you’re having a conversation about it it’s with yourself because I haven’t seen anyone here supporting you.

Check the poll. That’s a good gauge of consensus. ;) (As are 4 DPOY awards. :) )

Check out NBA player podcasts that talk about Rudy Goberts defense whether they're defending him or against him.

Rasheed Wallace said Gobert isn't an enforcer type defender like Mutumbo or Ben Wallace.

We’re now an all-time great defense. 56 wins or whatever in the tough West. Nobody outperformed more than us and OKC. Nobody is stopping HOF and top 10 NBA player Jokic. You’ll only understand that later! Actually you probably won’t. ;)

I’m gonna let you have at this argument. It’s a bad look. I’m not interested in former nutjob players desperately trying to generate clicks because they were too dumb to save their money and / or stay in the league. The guys on TNT couldn’t even look Green in the eye they were so embarrassed. :lol:

Yeap. Former elite NBA players made these comments. They're entitled to it and so are you.

I don't dislike Gobert at all and his stats, but dismissing what NBA players are saying plus his history of not showing up in the playoffs. Good example is the Kings fans show swear Sabonis is the best PF ever because he gets double doubles, but doesnt show up in the playoffs.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,661

Post#89 » by DimesandKnicks » Thu May 16, 2024 2:51 am

thinktank wrote:
GameChannel wrote:The way he referred to Gobert as the Frenchman when criticizing him was laced with racism and American superiority complex. Dude legit has a problem with Euros and Gobert in particular. He saw an opportunity to settle person scores with Gobert and kept doing it the whole show with a grin on his face. He's trying hard to be controversial to be some version of Barkley. What he doesn't realize is that Barkley is naturally funny and the controversy comes from Barkley's funny persona and remarks and not personal vendettas with certain individuals.

****.This.Clown.

Definitely. His “oui oui” joke was peak cringe.

It was hilarious :lol: , dude said oui oui? No YOU!
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,728

Post#90 » by shi-woo » Thu May 16, 2024 2:59 am

He just comes off as bitter and negative....so he fits right in with most NBA commentary!
Sikk_Handlez
Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#91 » by Sikk_Handlez » Thu May 16, 2024 3:09 am

is draymond retired yet? if not, why is an active NBA player on that show, especially one that has an active beef with one of the star players he's commentating? it's a conflict of interest. why is a guy who's behavior is a disgrace to the league being allowed the privilege of being on this show? he's one of the last people that should be on there.

edit: about the conflict of interest, if any player comments on the officiating they get fined. does that apply to draymond on TNT? Barkley/Shaq/Kenny comment on the refs sometimes or say that calls were bad. does draymond get away with these comments if he makes them? if so, it's a double standard. if not, his status as a player is limiting his ability to commentate, which limits his usefulness in that position. I don't think active players should be allowed these types of jobs while they play
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,494

Post#92 » by brutalitops » Thu May 16, 2024 3:10 am

Guy said KAT guarded Jokic well and Gobert let the team down

The guys so bitter that on national TV he's calling KAT a better defender then Gobert. Now KAT has made huge steps and is an actual plus defender now but I mean. That's how bad Green is
thinktank
Analyst

Post#93 » by thinktank » Thu May 16, 2024 3:17 am

cdubbz wrote:
thinktank wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Yeap. Former elite NBA players made these comments. They're entitled to it and so are you.

I don't dislike Gobert at all and his stats, but dismissing what NBA players are saying plus his history of not showing up in the playoffs. Good example is the Kings fans show swear Sabonis is the best PF ever because he gets double doubles, but doesnt show up in the playoffs.

More NBA players side with me than you. A LOT more. Gobert has the highest plus minus on our team, my friend.

Anyway you’re doing you so I’m out. Nothing will change our opinions. Byeeee.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#94 » by thinktank » Thu May 16, 2024 3:18 am

DimesandKnicks wrote:
thinktank wrote:
GameChannel wrote:The way he referred to Gobert as the Frenchman when criticizing him was laced with racism and American superiority complex. Dude legit has a problem with Euros and Gobert in particular. He saw an opportunity to settle person scores with Gobert and kept doing it the whole show with a grin on his face. He's trying hard to be controversial to be some version of Barkley. What he doesn't realize is that Barkley is naturally funny and the controversy comes from Barkley's funny persona and remarks and not personal vendettas with certain individuals.

****.This.Clown.

Definitely. His “oui oui” joke was peak cringe.

It was hilarious :lol: , dude said oui oui? No YOU!

Make puns funny again?

I just flew in from 1944 and boy are my arms tired!

<rimshot>

:noway:

1 out of 5 stars. Green dominating the cellar!
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,996

Post#95 » by cdubbz » Thu May 16, 2024 3:23 am

thinktank wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
thinktank wrote:

More NBA players side with me than you. A LOT more. Gobert has the highest plus minus on our team, my friend.

lol. 'byeeeeeee'. Your defense of Gobert is now understood!

byeeeeeeee.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 22,089

Post#96 » by AussieCeltic » Thu May 16, 2024 3:24 am

He was a bit of a douche to Tatum in the post game interview.

He’s clearly a smart basketball player in terms of x and o’s but lacks real maturity. You’d think he would’ve learned by his age. It’s clear he’ll never change as a person on or off the court
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#97 » by Rainwater » Thu May 16, 2024 3:40 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Rainwater wrote:People hate him, he is not going to get a fair assessment.

I’ve never even hated him and he’s just painful to listen to.

Maybe he might improve with practice but right now he just come off like some teenage Twitter hater with everything he says

Then the post is not aimed at you specifically. It just seems like the majority of the criticism is mostly personal rather anything constructive. There are just some guys people will dislike (based on past transgressions) regardless of what they do. Guys like Durant, Green, and Lebron are just a few.

From the few bits I have seen I think he is fine. His stabs at Rudy is what it is. It’s not like Charles and Shaq haven’t picked on players like McGee and Durant (bus rider and bus driver, lol). They are paid to give their opinions and be entertaining.
CS707
General Manager
And1: 6,416

Post#98 » by CS707 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:41 am

thinktank wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
thinktank wrote:

Didn’t the players poll name him as the most overrated player?
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,494

Post#99 » by brutalitops » Thu May 16, 2024 3:46 am

CS707 wrote:
thinktank wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

The one where Thanasis gets votes for the MVP? That same player poll yeah?
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#100 » by Rainwater » Thu May 16, 2024 3:47 am

CS707 wrote:
thinktank wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Yeah, a lot of NBA guys don’t like Rudy as a player. Him and Trae are consistently ranked as overrated by players.

Return to The General Board