Should Heat be taken off National TV? (merged threads)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#81 » by Datruth345 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:14 pm

the heat are **** horrible

what a joke

this is a perfect example as to why no team should be on national t.v this much
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
endemicBull
Pro Prospect
And1: 10

Post#82 » by endemicBull » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:18 pm

Don't fret, you will not see the Heat on national television for quite some time after this season. Outside of a few token games, of course...
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,609

Post#83 » by jokeboy86 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:20 pm

endemicBull wrote:Don't fret, you will not see the Heat on national television for quite some time after this season. Outside of a few token games, of course...

If they win the lottery nothing will change. I'll say they'll focus on them even more if they get a the 1 or 2 pick.
EdMar_Davis
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#84 » by EdMar_Davis » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:23 pm

Lmao it's soo good to seee the Heat suck like ****.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#85 » by MaxRider » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:25 pm

they can change the schedule if they like
they just want to showcase Wade
back in 2005 they canceled a few Rockets games because Yao and T-Mac are out
Harry Heinous
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#86 » by Harry Heinous » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:58 pm

Milan24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: True. :rofl: BTW, I love reading your posts, I think they are funny as hell. I mean that in a good way. I think we kind of have the same type of sarcasm. Keep up the good work. :bowdown:

------- :love: :cuddle
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst

Post#87 » by MagicNolesFSU » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:14 pm

harry's avatar is hilarious.

The fact that the heat is still on tv is joke, but its a testament to their fanbase for watching the heat even though they are really really bad.
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst

Post#88 » by MagicNolesFSU » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:24 pm

I know Portland fans aren't crying in here. When Greg Oden comes into the league next year everyone will get there dose of the blazers (and for good reason)

I cant wait till Dwight and Oden match-up.
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
The_Believer
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#89 » by The_Believer » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:30 pm

Better yet-why are the Sonics and Bulls on nat tv so much? They don't have big market all-stars, and have miserable records.
And I would love to see the Hawks on TV more. They're actually good this year.
The_Believer
Pro Prospect

Post#90 » by The_Believer » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:33 pm

klomp44 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You're right, theyre only in the 3rd biggest media market in the US behind NYC and LA, but they aren't in a big market.

San Antonio is 37th, with only 3 NBA teams in smaller markets. Cleveland is 17th. Interesting that Miami is only 16th though

I meant to say that their record sucks and they don't have any big market players. I still find it somewhat odd that they are on TV so much.
Milan24
Bench Warmer

Post#91 » by Milan24 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:42 pm

Harry Heinous wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

------- :love: :cuddle

Jealous Image
hoops4life
General Manager
And1: 31

Post#92 » by hoops4life » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:01 pm

My friend just told me that the cancelled two of their games and replaced them with the Jazz. I can't find anything to confirm this, though.
writerman
Banned User
And1: 5

Yes 

Post#93 » by writerman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:10 pm

Shaq's through, and even understanding that he's been hurt, Wade was never as good as some were making him out to be in the first place. He's good, but he got a lot of "Jordan calls" because the NBA was eager to crown a new moneymaking machine.

Every NBA team should get on TV at least a couple of times a season, but Miami should have definitely worn out it's welcome there by now. They are putrid.
jeremy1215
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#94 » by jeremy1215 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:22 pm

Milan24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: True. :rofl: BTW, I love reading your posts, I think they are funny as hell. I mean that in a good way. I think we kind of have the same type of sarcasm. Keep up the good work. :bowdown:
ImageImageImage

I hope those don't get me in trouble :oops:
Harry Heinous
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#95 » by Harry Heinous » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:54 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

realgm's emoticons on 'roids.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,640

Post#96 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:54 pm

The_Believer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I meant to say that their record sucks and they don't have any big market players. I still find it somewhat odd that they are on TV so much.

The schedule was made before the season started, back when people thought it would be the Bulls and Heat in the EC Finals. Thats why they're both always on TV
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#97 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:16 pm

But they can change the schedule. So they should take as many Heat games off the cable/nat. TV as possible.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,039

Post#98 » by Driguez » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:33 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:Referring to the Hornets; the NBA should look to get them on TV. The NBA loves to promote it's product using star players, and who better this year than Chris Paul?

Dwight Howard? ;)
Huevos Bancheros
Falstaff
Starter
And1: 412

Post#99 » by Falstaff » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:47 pm

This idea of the star's league is so damn frustrating. I think the NBA is really underestimating its audience, both basketball educated and not.

It's silly to prioritize names over good basketball. People may tune in to see Lebron, but if the game isn't entertaining, then they'll be bored, and when that happens 20 times a season, they'll eventually lose interest in the sport as a whole. However, if they tune in and don't necessarily know a player, but get hooked by how good the game is, then they'll probably keep watching and will be more likely to watch another game they don't know much about.

Sure Lebron, Kobe, and DWade are well known, but why are they well known? Because all their games are on TV. If Chris Paul got 20 nationally televised games, everyone would know who he is, and he'd have shoes ads on billboards too.

And it's also probably worth saying that it doesn't seem like the current system is working that great anyway. Basketball seems to be getting less popular in comparison to football and baseball, and in my opinion that's because nationally televised games can't be counted on to be entertaining. Too often it's a matchup of stars on mediocre teams that play boring basketball, or a blowout by one star's really good team of another star's really crappy team. And I don't feel like that's the case with baseball and football. I'm not much of a fan of either, but I've tuned into games I knew nothing about and enjoyed them enough to want to come back for more.

This is one of those situations where making your priority the integrity of the game is likely the best thing economically as well - but where the front office needs to take a leap of faith they're not comfortable making to get there.
Lue_4_MVP
Junior

Post#100 » by Lue_4_MVP » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:53 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:Referring to the Hornets; the NBA should look to get them on TV. The NBA loves to promote it's product using star players, and who better this year than Chris Paul?

As if us hawks fans aren't in enough agony as it is... :banghead:

Return to The General Board