Sunday - 02/03/2008 - Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#81 » by Liqourish » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:10 pm

DDansby123 wrote:This seems to be a lot of talking given that this win for Detroit only evens the season series between the two teams...and Dirk dominated the first one at home, so I might hold off on that whole "Detroit shutting Dirk down" thing. I mean, damn, I guess the Mavs' defense shut down Chauncey Billups AND Richard Hamilton, too, right? We all know better than that, just like we all know Dirk missed a ton of wide open shots in this game that had nothing to do with Detroit's defense. Not that Detroit didn't play great defense in this game....

Dirk was NEVER wide open :lol: He had Sheed, Dice, Max, Jarvis, Prince all over him on every possession. Dirk did miss a couple layups but even then the defense collapsed on him and he had three pistons surrounding him.
DDansby123
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#82 » by DDansby123 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:15 pm

Liqourish wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Dirk was NEVER wide open :lol:

He had several wide open 3's that he missed and at least a couple of mid-range jumpers.
ilikepistonslol
Junior
And1: 0

Post#83 » by ilikepistonslol » Sun Feb 3, 2008 11:05 pm

NetsForce wrote:The Pistons got served!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3228859

They really need to get some better security in D-Town =/... From all accounts the arena is a nice place but I've heard a lot of stories about things being stolen from people while they were there.

Happens everywhere. Must be a slow news day for the NBA.

Almost all of the bad crimes that Detroit is infamously known for happens in the city of Detroit. The Palace of Auburn Hills is 17 miles from 8 Mile (city limits). Please don't single out Detroit.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#84 » by Liqourish » Sun Feb 3, 2008 11:21 pm

NetsForce wrote:The Pistons got served!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3228859

They really need to get some better security in D-Town =/... From all accounts the arena is a nice place but I've heard a lot of stories about things being stolen from people while they were there.

I'm from Detroit and I haven't heard alot of stories about people getting stuff stolen there. My friend Ben is a security guard at the Palace and it's a pretty nice and safe arena.

The Palace of Auburn Hills is 17 miles from 8 Mile (city limits). Please don't single out Detroit.

:nod: Although, to his defense... all most casual people know about Detroit is from the news or from the movie 8 mile. They have no clue about the progress the city has made over the last 7 years.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#85 » by Ballings7 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 12:07 am

Dirk had some open jumpshots, yes.

But also had several touches where Dirk was either stationary with his defender by him, not getting the ball, being defended on a shot or drive, or double teamed and forced to give it up.

The Pistons, over the course of the game, shut him down.

That's what I recall from just watching the mid-2nd qtr to mid-4th qtr again. Along with what I did see originally. I didn't get to see too much of the 3rd qtr at first, so wanted to go back and see the turning point of the game.

Billups/Hamilton were off, but that can be absorbed better by Detroit, with the rest of Detroit's team. Specifically because of Rasheed and Prince, along with McDyess. Harris and Stackhose were out today and against Boston, but those two along with Terry and Howard, there's still a noticable drop-off when Dirk's not scoring that well and is being limited by the defense. Dirk's been defended well many times in the past, where it significantly effects the rest of the team.

This is why a quality scorer needs to be paired with Dirk, so the drop off if and when Dirk is being slowed down, will not matter nearly as much as it does.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to The General Board