Jokic is not the best in the world, and has been heavily overrated (NOW YOU CAN CHANGE VOTES)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Has Jokic been overrated?

Yes
18%
No
82%

Total votes: 663

MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,692

Re: Jokic is not the best in the world, and has been heavily overrated 

Post#901 » by MavsDirk41 » Sun May 19, 2024 8:33 pm

tsherkin wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Then don't mention him in the GOAT conversation.

No, it doesn't work that way. You don't get to peddle a BS standard (not you, I mean generally) and then deny someone from entry into a discussion once that standard has been disproven.

You want the accolades but don't want the criticism that comes with it. That's a soft mentality. Win the damn game you're the favorites for a reason.

Criticism is fine. Disagreement with the idea that he IS the GOAT is fine. Setting literally impossible standards which don't match the other players in the discussion is not. Jordan didn't win when his teammates weren't there for him, no matter how well he played. That's what his whole early career was about, guys not coming through around him despite his individual brilliance. Same same with Kareem after he left Milwaukee and before Magic.

Double standards will not be accepted.

Pippen migraine in game 7 against the Bad Boy Pistons was a rough one. But nobody on the Bulls other than Jordan showed up for that one.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,273

Post#902 » by tsherkin » Sun May 19, 2024 8:41 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Pippen migraine in game 7 against the Bad Boy Pistons was a rough one. But nobody on the Bulls other than Jordan showed up for that one.

Indeed. It does take a team to win.
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#903 » by MavsDirk41 » Sun May 19, 2024 8:43 pm

tsherkin wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Indeed. It does take a team to win.

Yes sir it does. I dont have a dog in this game tonight. Just hopping for a good game.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#904 » by tsherkin » Sun May 19, 2024 8:49 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:Yes sir it does. I dont have a dog in this game tonight. Just hopping for a good game.

I'm rooting for Denver for sure, but Minny is fun to watch and Ant continues to be a very good postseason performer.
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#905 » by MavsDirk41 » Sun May 19, 2024 9:10 pm

tsherkin wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:Yes sir it does. I dont have a dog in this game tonight. Just hopping for a good game.

I'm rooting for Denver for sure, but Minny is fun to watch and Ant continues to be a very good postseason performer.

Yea same im pulling for Denver because i like Jokic and don’t understand why the guy gets so much hate from certain media people. Its disgusting. He won mvp SGA didnt get over it.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#906 » by tsherkin » Sun May 19, 2024 9:11 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
tsherkin wrote:

Yea same im pulling for Denver because i like Jokic and don’t understand why the guy gets so much hate from certain media people. Its disgusting. He won mvp SGA didnt get over it.

Indeed.
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,661

Post#907 » by DimesandKnicks » Sun May 19, 2024 9:56 pm

lessthanjake wrote:If career DRAPM says someone was a bad defender, maybe they just were a bad defender on average over the course of their career, and your eye test is wrong? Did you think of that? Like, if over an huge sample size, they had a very negative impact on their teams’ defense, then it is very likely that they were, on average, a bad defender. And I gave you more data than just raw DRAPM anyways.

You didn’t offer a response when I highlighted some of the abnormalities comprised in the career DRAPM list you provided me with. But if you’d like to explain away some the examples below I’m all ears. Also, the creators of these metrics will tell you that these metrics exist to supplement the eye test and quantify the defensive impact of players who don’t incur a lot of box score defensive stats; not usurp it.
If you want to narrow on what it is about Tristian Thompson defensive impact that makes him the 121 worst defender in the NBA history since 1997, I’m all ears:

“DRAPM has Deshawn Stevenson as one of the top 50 worst defenders, below the likes of Enes Freedom, and Isaiah Thomas.

Isaiah Thomas is nine spots above Triston Thompson. Thompson is one of the better post defenders in the league in his prime. He's one of the few player who can defend the rim, defend the post, and switich on smaller/quicker players. This metric has him as a **** defender. Worse than Eddy Curry, Wally Szcerbiak, Melo, Al Jefferson.

Klay Thompson is worse than Mo Williams Evan Fournier and David Lee. Steve Nash is better than Kobe and shares the same number as Dwayne Wade.

Curry and Kemba are better defenders than John Wall.

Raefer Alston is better than Baron Davis and Trevor Ariza.

Kevin looney is worse than Donovan Mitchell, and Demarcous Cousins and Nikola Vucevic.

Shawn Marion, Brook Lopez, Kwahi, OG, Kirlenko, Smart and Horford are all worse than Jokic.

Camby is worse than Lamar Odom and Odom is up there with Tyson Chandler, Bam, and Metta World Peace

Marko Jaric is as good as KCP.

Alex Caruso beats out Draymond, Tim Duncan, and Ben Wallace”

Again; I’m all ears.

If you don’t understand that teams go at the other team’s best offensive player in order to tire them out and make them less effective on the other end, then you just have an overly simplistic view of basketball. But you asked for an example, so I’ll give you one: The Cavs always “hunted” Steph in those Finals against the Warriors, even though they literally shot worse when guarded by Steph than when guarded by anyone else on the entire Warriors team! See the spoiler text below for data on this from a prior post I’ve made in another thread. It wasn’t a strategy the Cavs did in order to maximize how many points they scored. It was a strategy the Cavs did in order to try to optimize how well they did *overall*. Basically, attacking Steph on offense was a way to help their defense by making Steph tired and therefore limiting how much he could do on offense.

I thought your example would be a “good defender”. That’s the example I’m looking for. An example of the opposing offense targeting a “good defender” to tire them out as opposed to targeting a “bad defender” so they can actually score on each possession. I also said sure, meaning that yea maybe they do but they also do so for the above reasons I highlighted.

Ultimately, basketball is a dynamic game, where what happens on offense and defense are not independent from each other. Teams very often make decisions to do things that are bad for one end of the floor because they think it’ll have an even larger benefit on the other end of the floor. And we don’t just see this with teams “hunting” the other team’s best offensive player. We see it with all kinds of other things. For instance, teams would optimize how much they score if they crashed the offensive glass a bunch, but they don’t do that much at all because crashing the offensive glass will hurt their defense by resulting in them giving up lots of transition baskets

I’m simply being critical of Jokic’s “shot defense”. I don’t think that part of his game is good. I think it’s on the spectrum between bad and solid.

I use as an example the Cavaliers in those finals—which was a team that hunted Steph a lot. They hunted Steph, but the Cavs did not actually produce efficient offense by their standards in those finals. They usually dipped (as did the Rockets—who faced the Warriors multiple times in the playoffs and tried the same tactic and typically had catastrophic drops in offensive efficiency). And there’s reason to believe this was in part because of hunting Steph being very ineffective, not in spite of hunting Steph working. Specifically, we have data that shows us that actually, in those finals, the Cavs shot a worse FG% when defended by Steph than they did when defended by any other Warriors player that got meaningful minutes. Hunting Steph was not actually successful:

None of this makes Steph a “good defender”. It makes the Warriors a good defensive team that can compensate for his defensive short comings.

The NBA’s website actually has data on how teams shot when defended by specific players. See this link and you can filter down to the 2015-2016 playoffs for the Warriors specifically when facing the Cavaliers: ‪https://www.nba.com/stats/players/defense-dash-overall?Season=2015-16‬. Overall, across all those finals against the Cavs, we can derive from that database that the Cavaliers shot just 36.0% from the field when defended by Steph. For reference, the corresponding number for Iguodala over those finals was 44.4%. The corresponding number for Klay over those finals was 43.1%. The number for Draymond in those finals was 41.7%. For Livingston, it was 39.2% overall. In the two finals Durant was in, the Cavs shot 48.7% when defended by Durant. In the two prior finals, the Cavs shot 46.4% when defended by Harrison Barnes, and 46.9% when defended by Leandro Barbosa. The Cavs shot a total of 39.1% when defended by Bogut in the finals Bogut played in. The Cavs objectively fared *particularly* badly in those finals when defended by Steph. Indeed, in those finals overall, the Cavs shot a worse FG% when defended by Steph than they did when defended by any other Warriors player that got meaningful minutes, and it’s not even close.[/spoiler]

Again none of this makes Steph a good defender. It makes the warriors and its scheme sufficient.

If a team plays elite defense (which they did), then they are not a “team of scrubs.” Defense is half the game. A supporting cast that is historically elite at half the game is simply not a supporting cast of “scrubs.” You seem to think that a supporting cast that is lacking in offensive firepower but plays fantastic defense are just “scrubs.” This is just not a correct opinion. They were a team that played absolutely elite defense and their limited offensive firepower was mitigated by the fact that they had a star player that prefers playing a heliocentric offensive style anyways. That’s a team that is good and is well-built to optimize around their star player.

I keep bringing up the 05-06 season to highlight that it’s not as if the 06-07 Cav’s were full of talented defensive players. They had a great team defensive in 06-07, but the actual talent on that roster were still bottom feeders relative to the rest of the eastern conference. Replace James with Paul Pierce, a top 75 NBA player of all time, and that team doesn’t make the finals or win 50 games. Replace Pierce with James on the Celtics and they make the playoffs.

Another thing I’d note is that this whole discussion about the 2007 Cavs basically involves you acting like you don’t care about defense when it comes to whether players are good or not. But then you are simultaneously downplaying Jokic solely on the basis of defense (which you also narrowly define to not include a lot of the things that Jokic is great at on defense). How is it the case that the 2007 Cavs supporting cast can be “scrubs” despite playing historically elite defense, while Jokic’s defense is something you find really important?

Again, my discussion isn’t about the 07 Cav’s. It’s about their players which also played in 06 and didn’t have a great all time defense and still winning the same amount of games in the regular season. This doesn’t position that roster as having a “solid”/ talented group of defenders
lessthanjake
Sixth Man
And1: 1,460

Post#908 » by lessthanjake » Sun May 19, 2024 10:44 pm

DimesandKnicks wrote:
lessthanjake wrote:If career DRAPM says someone was a bad defender, maybe they just were a bad defender on average over the course of their career, and your eye test is wrong? Did you think of that? Like, if over an huge sample size, they had a very negative impact on their teams’ defense, then it is very likely that they were, on average, a bad defender. And I gave you more data than just raw DRAPM anyways.

You didn’t offer a response when I highlighted some of the abnormalities comprised in the career DRAPM list you provided me with. But if you’d like to explain away some the examples below I’m all ears. Also, the creators of these metrics will tell you that these metrics exist to supplement the eye test and quantify the defensive impact of players who don’t incur a lot of box score defensive stats; not usurp it.
If you want to narrow on what it is about Tristian Thompson defensive impact that makes him the 121 worst defender in the NBA history since 1997, I’m all ears:

“DRAPM has Deshawn Stevenson as one of the top 50 worst defenders, below the likes of Enes Freedom, and Isaiah Thomas.

Isaiah Thomas is nine spots above Triston Thompson. Thompson is one of the better post defenders in the league in his prime. He's one of the few player who can defend the rim, defend the post, and switich on smaller/quicker players. This metric has him as a **** defender. Worse than Eddy Curry, Wally Szcerbiak, Melo, Al Jefferson.

Klay Thompson is worse than Mo Williams Evan Fournier and David Lee. Steve Nash is better than Kobe and shares the same number as Dwayne Wade.

Curry and Kemba are better defenders than John Wall.

Raefer Alston is better than Baron Davis and Trevor Ariza.

Kevin looney is worse than Donovan Mitchell, and Demarcous Cousins and Nikola Vucevic.

Shawn Marion, Brook Lopez, Kwahi, OG, Kirlenko, Smart and Horford are all worse than Jokic.

Camby is worse than Lamar Odom and Odom is up there with Tyson Chandler, Bam, and Metta World Peace

Marko Jaric is as good as KCP.

Alex Caruso beats out Draymond, Tim Duncan, and Ben Wallace”

Again; I’m all ears.

A lot of those are really not unbelievable at all, especially when we take into account that we are talking about a *career* measure. For instance, you mention Kobe, but Kobe was an awful defender for a lot his career.

The bottom line is that career RAPM is very large sample, so there’s not a lot of noise there. There’s still a confidence interval, of course, but the main two things that would make things depart from your expectation are (1) conventional wisdom and your eye test can often be totally wrong about actual defensive impact, because players can be good or bad at things on defense that people don’t notice or give much credence to (for instance, someone who is really good or really bad at communicating with teammates defensively); and (2) it is a career-wide measure, so someone who is a better defender than another player in their primes can also be worse over his career if he was worse in non-prime years. Anyways, another potential issue is that career RAPM is controlling for players based on their *career-wide* level. So this can help or hurt some players if they were playing alongside a player at a time when they were much better or much worse than their career-wide level. For instance, let’s say I’m a player who played with Kobe in his best defensive years, when he was actually a really good defender. Since Kobe was actually a bad defender on average in his career, RAPM will think that I was playing alongside a bad defensive player. So then, when my team did well defensively, I’d get more of the credit in RAPM than I should, because the model doesn’t account for the fact that Kobe was better defensively in those years. So that’s definitely an issue with *career* RAPM—i.e. that it glosses over changes in how good players were over the course of their career, and so the teammate and opponent adjustments it does can be off. We’d generally expect those sorts of issues to cancel out (i.e. some of those things will help you and some will hurt you), but it can definitely be an issue on the margins with long-time-horizon RAPM.

All that said, I also gave you other measures that are not raw career DRAPM, including year-by-year metrics that use tons of defensive tracking data. It all shows the same general story for Jokic. While you keep focusing on it, your position isn’t just that career DRAPM is wrong. It’s that *everything* is wrong. In fact, DRAPM was one of the measures where LeBron actually does look better defensively than Jokic. Other measures that utilize RAPM as a base but layer on granular box and tracking data to improve accuracy actually are generally *more favorable* for Jokic than raw DRAPM is, as you could see if you go back to the post where I listed what we see from tons of different defensive impact metrics.

If you don’t understand that teams go at the other team’s best offensive player in order to tire them out and make them less effective on the other end, then you just have an overly simplistic view of basketball. But you asked for an example, so I’ll give you one: The Cavs always “hunted” Steph in those Finals against the Warriors, even though they literally shot worse when guarded by Steph than when guarded by anyone else on the entire Warriors team! See the spoiler text below for data on this from a prior post I’ve made in another thread. It wasn’t a strategy the Cavs did in order to maximize how many points they scored. It was a strategy the Cavs did in order to try to optimize how well they did *overall*. Basically, attacking Steph on offense was a way to help their defense by making Steph tired and therefore limiting how much he could do on offense.

I thought your example would be a “good defender”. That’s the example I’m looking for. An example of the opposing offense targeting a “good defender” to tire them out as opposed to targeting a “bad defender” so they can actually score on each possession. I also said sure, meaning that yea maybe they do but they also do so for the above reasons I highlighted.

Teams target Embiid in the playoffs a lot too, for the same reason—putting him in tons of actions to tire him out. This is just smart basketball.

Ultimately, basketball is a dynamic game, where what happens on offense and defense are not independent from each other. Teams very often make decisions to do things that are bad for one end of the floor because they think it’ll have an even larger benefit on the other end of the floor. And we don’t just see this with teams “hunting” the other team’s best offensive player. We see it with all kinds of other things. For instance, teams would optimize how much they score if they crashed the offensive glass a bunch, but they don’t do that much at all because crashing the offensive glass will hurt their defense by resulting in them giving up lots of transition baskets

I’m simply being critical of Jokic’s “shot defense”. I don’t think that part of his game is good. I think it’s on the spectrum between bad and solid.

Yep, Jokic’s shot defense isn’t good. But the vast majority of the rest of his defense is really good, and so the overall package is good. And you seem to be arguing with that premise. Or maybe you’re not? If your only position is that Jokic’s shot defense isn’t good but he’s still a good (but not elite) defender, then I don’t think we disagree.

I use as an example the Cavaliers in those finals—which was a team that hunted Steph a lot. They hunted Steph, but the Cavs did not actually produce efficient offense by their standards in those finals. They usually dipped (as did the Rockets—who faced the Warriors multiple times in the playoffs and tried the same tactic and typically had catastrophic drops in offensive efficiency). And there’s reason to believe this was in part because of hunting Steph being very ineffective, not in spite of hunting Steph working. Specifically, we have data that shows us that actually, in those finals, the Cavs shot a worse FG% when defended by Steph than they did when defended by any other Warriors player that got meaningful minutes. Hunting Steph was not actually successful:

None of this makes Steph a “good defender”. It makes the Warriors a good defensive team that can compensate for his defensive short comings.

The NBA’s website actually has data on how teams shot when defended by specific players. See this link and you can filter down to the 2015-2016 playoffs for the Warriors specifically when facing the Cavaliers: ‪https://www.nba.com/stats/players/defense-dash-overall?Season=2015-16‬. Overall, across all those finals against the Cavs, we can derive from that database that the Cavaliers shot just 36.0% from the field when defended by Steph. For reference, the corresponding number for Iguodala over those finals was 44.4%. The corresponding number for Klay over those finals was 43.1%. The number for Draymond in those finals was 41.7%. For Livingston, it was 39.2% overall. In the two finals Durant was in, the Cavs shot 48.7% when defended by Durant. In the two prior finals, the Cavs shot 46.4% when defended by Harrison Barnes, and 46.9% when defended by Leandro Barbosa. The Cavs shot a total of 39.1% when defended by Bogut in the finals Bogut played in. The Cavs objectively fared *particularly* badly in those finals when defended by Steph. Indeed, in those finals overall, the Cavs shot a worse FG% when defended by Steph than they did when defended by any other Warriors player that got meaningful minutes, and it’s not even close.[/spoiler]

Again none of this makes Steph a good defender. It makes the warriors and its scheme sufficient.

I’m not going to go down a rabbit hole about Steph’s defense, because that’s a whole can of worms, but what I’ll say is that it certainly was an example of teams “hunting” Steph even though it demonstrably did not work very well for their offense. It doesn’t really matter if you think that it didn’t work because of Steph’s man defense or something else. The reality is that it wasn’t successful for the teams that did it. Why would they keep bashing their head against a wall on offense doing something that didn’t work well? It was clearly because the strategy was less about their offense and more about helping their defense, because their defense needed a tired Steph.

If a team plays elite defense (which they did), then they are not a “team of scrubs.” Defense is half the game. A supporting cast that is historically elite at half the game is simply not a supporting cast of “scrubs.” You seem to think that a supporting cast that is lacking in offensive firepower but plays fantastic defense are just “scrubs.” This is just not a correct opinion. They were a team that played absolutely elite defense and their limited offensive firepower was mitigated by the fact that they had a star player that prefers playing a heliocentric offensive style anyways. That’s a team that is good and is well-built to optimize around their star player.

I keep bringing up the 05-06 season to highlight that it’s not as if the 06-07 Cav’s were full of talented defensive players. They had a great team defensive in 06-07, but the actual talent on that roster were still bottom feeders relative to the rest of the eastern conference. Replace James with Paul Pierce, a top 75 NBA player of all time, and that team doesn’t make the finals or win 50 games. Replace Pierce with James on the Celtics and they make the playoffs.

You keep talking about “talent,” but I’d say players are “talented” defenders if they’re capable of playing historically elite defense. I think your definition of a “talented” player is really just you thinking about their offensive capacity and maybe some athleticism that would translate to defense. Being a good NBA player is about a lot more than what you seem to be thinking about. Defense is half the game, and being a good defender is largely about things like consistently making smart rotations, staying focused and not losing track of anything, being disciplined about not fouling, having good communication with your teammates about what is happening, etc. Those are the things that really make teams have great defenses. Is some athletic player that doesn’t do that stuff well a more “talented” defender than a less athletic player who does? Almost certainly not, because they’re almost certainly a far worse defender. You can go ahead and define “talent” really narrowly and then call people “scrubs” if they don’t meet your narrow definition of being “talented,” but if a supporting cast can play really good basketball without meeting your definition of “talented,” then not being “talented” clearly doesn’t make them scrubs. And this is a clear example of that—with a supporting cast that played some of the best defense in the history of basketball. They were not scrubs. You can twist yourself into a pretzel trying to convince yourself that they were, but it’s just not the case under any reasonable definition of the term “scrubs.”

Another thing I’d note is that this whole discussion about the 2007 Cavs basically involves you acting like you don’t care about defense when it comes to whether players are good or not. But then you are simultaneously downplaying Jokic solely on the basis of defense (which you also narrowly define to not include a lot of the things that Jokic is great at on defense). How is it the case that the 2007 Cavs supporting cast can be “scrubs” despite playing historically elite defense, while Jokic’s defense is something you find really important?

Again, my discussion isn’t about the 07 Cav’s. It’s about their players which also played in 06 and didn’t have a great all time defense and still winning the same amount of games in the regular season. This doesn’t position that roster as having a “solid”/ talented group of defenders

So your position is that the 2007 Cavs were filled with “scrubs” because, even though they played historically elite defense such that it is clearly ridiculous to call them “scrubs,” they didn’t play as good of defense in 2006 and therefore they must’ve been “scrubs” in 2007? How does that make any sense whatsoever? The 2007 Cavs and 2006 Cavs were not the same team. Players play better or worse year to year. For instance, Varejao was by all accounts one of the best defenders in the NBA in 2007. But he was early in his career and didn’t play very much in 2006. He was a better player and played more in 2007. That was a big deal. Furthermore, supporting casts gel together more or less year to year—which is particularly important on defense, which is so dependent on how the team plays as a unit. Basketball is a team game, not a game where you just sum up the parts to get how good the whole is. The supporting cast as a whole gelled together a lot better defensively in 2007 than they did in 2006. How does that somehow mean that they were “scrubs” in 2007? It’s just totally non-sensical.

The bottom line is that LeBron had one of the best supporting casts in history defensively in 2007. Whether you think that they lacked “talent” by your definition and/or if you think their ability to play great defense was caused as much by Mike Brown as by their individual talent is essentially irrelevant. They played historically elite defense. And a set of players that plays historically elite defense is essentially definitionally not a supporting cast of “scrubs.” Scrubs are players that do not play well. And that is simply not an accurate way of describing the 2007 Cavs.

If you have some different definition of the word “scrub” that somehow doesn’t preclude it from including supporting casts that play well, then I guess you can call the 2007 Cavs supporting cast “scrubs,” but at that point you’ve defined the term in a way that makes your conclusion meaningless.
OhayoKD wrote:Lebron contributes more to all the phases of play than Messi does. And he is of course a defensive anchor unlike messi.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,065

Post#909 » by JustBuzzin » Mon May 20, 2024 2:27 am

Grabs popcorn...
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,788

Post#910 » by Infinite Llamas » Mon May 20, 2024 2:30 am

JustBuzzin wrote:Grabs popcorn...

Big deal
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,078

Post#911 » by Pharmcat » Mon May 20, 2024 2:31 am

Goat? lol he wasn’t even the best big man out there , naz Reid had that title
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,405

Post#912 » by Sweet Serenity » Mon May 20, 2024 2:32 am

Eyatoma is the happiest man alive :lol:
Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,444

Post#913 » by Godymas » Mon May 20, 2024 2:33 am

:nod:
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,738

Post#914 » by ChuckChilly » Mon May 20, 2024 2:33 am

Pharmcat wrote:Goat? lol he wasn’t even the best big man out there , naz Reid had that title

So Naz Reid is the MVP of the league now?
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,371

Post#915 » by Wooderson » Mon May 20, 2024 2:33 am

He was the GOAT whiner tonight. From crying to the refs to being butthurt about Ant waiving to the crowd.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,650

Post#916 » by azcatz11 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:34 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:Eyatoma is the happiest man alive :lol:

He’s going on a tear down in the game thread :lol:
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,303

Post#917 » by Calvin Klein » Mon May 20, 2024 2:34 am

Here we go…
SalsaNchips
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#918 » by SalsaNchips » Mon May 20, 2024 2:34 am

To the victor go the trollin
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,654

Post#919 » by Profound23 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:34 am

Either that or Vlade Divac and Arvydas Sabonis are two of the most underrated players ever.

This dude would be a role player in the 90s and he's a three time MVP in this era. Pathetic.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,078

Post#920 » by Pharmcat » Mon May 20, 2024 2:35 am

Profound23 wrote:Either that or Vlade Divac and Arvydas Sabonis are two of the most underrated players ever.

This dude would be a role player in the 90s and he's a three time MVP in this era. Pathetic.

Just empty calorie stat padding , that’s what wins awards it seems

Return to The General Board