Is Mike Malone a top 5 coach?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,856

Re: Is Mike Malone a top 5 coach? 

Post#61 » by Heej » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:18 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Heej wrote:I'm of the opinion that Malone is certified top 5 right now. Afaik he's the 3rd longest tenured coach after Spo and Pop. Personally I think

Spo
Pop (arguable he's washed but he's still an all timer)
Kerr
Nurse?
Malone

Then you got guys like Tyronn Lue or I suppose CoTY Mike Brown in the mix. But there aren't 5 coaches I'm taking over Malone right now

Dude no Rick Carlisle? L thread.

This was made in the beginning of the season after Carlisle had a poor showing at the end of his Mavs tenure, but sure he's one of the great coaches of his era. Nothing can erase the enormous W I've made investing early in Malone stock while most of this forum seemingly never saw it coming :nod: .

Also called the Magic being legit within the first 2 weeks or so if this season :lol:
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 253

Re: Is Mike Malone a top 5 coach? 

Post#62 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:22 pm

Heej wrote:I'm of the opinion that Malone is certified top 5 right now. Afaik he's the 3rd longest tenured coach after Spo and Pop. Personally I think

Spo
Pop (arguable he's washed but he's still an all timer)
Kerr
Nurse?
Malone

Then you got guys like Tyronn Lue or I suppose CoTY Mike Brown in the mix. But there aren't 5 coaches I'm taking over Malone right now
Doc has been voted by the top coaches and peers as a top 10 greatest coach in the league. I dont recall Mike ever got a single vote other than bias posters on here instead, why not Lol

Return to The General Board