How often do NBA players smoke weed?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,582

Re: How often do NBA players smoke weed? 

Post#61 » by stuporman » Mon May 6, 2024 7:43 pm

Interesting watch
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#62 » by Papi_swav » Mon May 6, 2024 7:47 pm

What Nate Dogg said: "smoke weed everyday !"
80HD
Freshman
And1: 279

Post#63 » by 80HD » Mon May 6, 2024 8:01 pm

Jaden McDaniels: “yes”.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,582

Post#64 » by JRoy » Mon May 6, 2024 8:15 pm

As often as they can?

Who cares?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 372

Post#65 » by WentzerWuver » Mon May 6, 2024 8:18 pm

mastermixer wrote:I would guess 20-30% regularly/ habitually smoke week.

And probably 40-50% if you include players that occasionally smoke recreationally.

Just purely a speculative guess tho.
Its 95% percent since it's legal now. Many posters here smoke weed too cause it's make us feel good while posting. Didn't you get the memo?
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 3,006

Post#66 » by mastermixer » Mon May 6, 2024 8:34 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:

And probably 40-50% if you include players that occasionally smoke recreationally.

Its 95% percent since it's legal now. Many posters here smoke weed too cause it's make us feel good while posting. Didn't you get the memo?

Lol I don’t really smoke but enjoy I guess
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,743

Post#67 » by Harry Garris » Mon May 6, 2024 8:58 pm

I’ve noticed that people who smoke weed tend to think everyone smokes weed, and people who dont smoke weed tend to estimate a much smaller percentage of the population smokes.

I’m gonna guess the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. It might be a fair assumption that the majority of NBA players smoke weed, but definitely not all of them.
FrobeBryant
Senior
And1: 780

Post#68 » by FrobeBryant » Mon May 6, 2024 9:09 pm

Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,354

Post#69 » by Godymas » Mon May 6, 2024 10:14 pm

all KD does in his spare time is smoke weed apparently
Prince187
Sixth Man
And1: 1,833

Post#70 » by Prince187 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:36 pm

Most players are smoking weed all the time now that it’s legal
Sealab2024
Junior
And1: 602

Post#71 » by Sealab2024 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:59 pm

80HD wrote:

Jaden McDaniels: “yes”.

Jaden would be the one guy in the history of smoking weed who gets high and thinks to himself "man, a fistfight would be hella fun".
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 372

Post#72 » by WentzerWuver » Tue May 7, 2024 2:14 am

mastermixer wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Lol I don’t really smoke but enjoy I guess

Yes, Vaping is not really smoking but we know you prefer that juicy fruit flavor. I tried it too.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,243

Post#73 » by monopoman » Tue May 7, 2024 2:59 am

sp6r=underrated wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
I thought vaping was just as bad as smoking cigarettes?

Not really sure but just from google....

Breathing in the harmful chemicals from vaping products can cause irreversible (cannot be cured) lung damage, lung disease and, in some cases, death. Some chemicals in vaping products can also cause cardiovascular disease and biological changes that are associated with cancer development.

We're talking about weed, not cigarettes. Cigarettes are bad for you whether you smoke or vape because cigarette ingredients are literally toxic chemicals. Weed is harmless when you vape it, and mildly bad when you smoke it (since smoke is bad for you, the weed itself is harmless).

I'm in 100% agreement with your larger point that smoking cigarettes are way, way worse for you than marijuana.

1. As you said, tobacco plants have carcinogens unique to tobacco. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco-specific_nitrosamines.
2. Tobacco smokers inhale way more TAR than marijuana smokers. The average tobacco smoker smokes a pack of cigs a day which is far more than the average pot smoker smokes. And they smoke for far longer because nicotine is way more addictive than weed. Marijuana, like all plants, when burned does produce carcinogens but because pot smokers smoke far less than tobacco smokers the health risks are way lower. And of course point 1 reduces it even moreso.

That said walking around stoned all the time isn't good for your health. That's the primary health risk of pot: stupid decision making/opportunity cost. I regret spending much of my twenties drunk.

I don't think walking around stoned is as common as you think, I can count on one hand the amount of super stoned people I have seen living in the Portland area since they legalized weed even if I go to the many years I was here before that it was still not many.

Meanwhile I can find extreme drunk **** almost anytime I am walking around late night on a Friday or Saturday. Crap, if I include homeless drunken **** that number goes up more since they are likely to be drunk more times of the day.

It also takes more weed to get super high the more you smoke/vape it so you have a situation where even some heavy users can appear normal even with smoking quite a bit.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,550

Post#74 » by JustBuzzin » Tue May 7, 2024 3:22 am

Is weed even a drug?

People smoke that stuff like cigarettes these days. I saw a off duty cop blazing up.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,243

Post#75 » by monopoman » Tue May 7, 2024 6:01 am

JustBuzzin wrote:Is weed even a drug?

People smoke that stuff like cigarettes these days. I saw a off duty cop blazing up.

It's considered one but that is mostly due to how the government has seen it, though it appears we might be having the federal government lower it's classification for the first time ever. What's hilarious is the feds actually recognized the medical value of marijuana by giving a small group of people a federal pass to smoke weed anywhere in the USA for extreme medical need.

They soon realized they had to stop doing that because they looked hypocritical and stupid because they have a stance that the substance is harmful and has no medical value. Films like Reefer Madness also did a lot to hurt the perception of pot way back in the day so some older people that grew up with that film still think that stuff is accurate.

In another 20 years I would not be surprised to see it legalized across the country and at that point states that still want to have it illegal can but everywhere else will make it 100% legal.
tennischamp5
Freshman
And1: 109

Post#76 » by tennischamp5 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:50 am

Lets keep in mind legalizing something does not necessarily mean its harmless. If the comparison is to smoking cigarettes, then yes, vaping weed is likely better for your lungs, but neither is harmless or without risks. Especially in recent years, there's been a fairly large misinformation campaign that weed is harmless. Especially the idea that there's medicinal value and therefore good for the average person to use in large quantities.

That said, my guess is it's probably like one of the earlier posters said - many NBA players do but wouldn't be surprised if at the very top, the proportion goes down significantly amongst allstars/superstars (or atleast don't regularly).
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,659

Post#77 » by schnakenpopanz » Tue May 7, 2024 10:58 am

When I see some turnovers from Kevin Durant i think to myself. "no way he is not high doin this"
free steve nash!

Return to The General Board