Would Bucks still go for Dame if they knew Celtics get Jrue?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Would Bucks still do the trade?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 9, 2023 3:54 am

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 217

SUPERVILLAIN
Analyst
And1: 12,280

Would Bucks still go for Dame if they knew Celtics get Jrue? 

Post#1 » by SUPERVILLAIN » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:54 am

Do you think the Bucks would still do the trade if they knew from the beginning that Jrue is going to Boston as part of the deal?

I think it is a tough dilemma for the Bucks. On one hand they get a bona fide superstar. On the other hand they significantly strengthen their best competitor. I would say Celtics have a better roster than Bucks as of now. Although only by a very slim margin.
Young Stapler wrote:Completely off topic but SUPERVILLAIN got a crazy post/And1 ratio O_O

Just an observation. Carry on :usa:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2135964&p=94616946#p94616946
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,789

Re: Would Bucks still go for Dame if they knew Celtics get Holiday? 

Post#2 » by One_and_Done » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:56 am

Yes, but it's definitely worrying.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,570

Post#3 » by JimmyPlopper » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:56 am

Funny I was thinking about the same thing. If this had all been arranged as a multi-team trade, would Milwaukee agree? Maybe not. But then again, the Celtics gave up a couple of valuable assets there so who knows. In any event, I'm looking forward to seeing them face off.
all i see is blinking lights
Gary Cokeman
Pro Prospect
And1: 3,439

Post#4 » by Gary Cokeman » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:58 am

Yes Jrue is washed.
My Teams Always Suck.
RTG HD
Rookie
And1: 741

Post#5 » by RTG HD » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:01 am

Yes, the Bucks have a better shot to win the championship now than before the trade. Yes a rival also got better but they both still have other teams to beat including the Suns or Nuggets.
KodiakBear
Sixth Man
And1: 2,105

Post#6 » by KodiakBear » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:06 am

Do they regret it? Probably not. Would they have done a 3 way trade with Boston where this happens? Probably not.
flranger
Senior
And1: 833

Post#7 » by flranger » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:07 am

They increased their probability to re-sign Giannis, which is goal #1
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#8 » by xinxin » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:08 am

Im not completely sold on Jrue to the Celtics. since they lost their frontcourt back up in R Williams. Bringing in Wenyen is OK for the regular season, but he's unplayable during the playoffs.. plus they lost some of their tenacity in G. Williams and M. Smart.

I thought the better move was for the Celtics to trade Jaylen for Dame & for them to keep the core of Smart, Brogdon, Timelord...

no doubt, the celtics, if healthy, have a very potent first 5... but the Bucks will do this trade 10 times out of 10.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#9 » by mattg » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:19 am

Look at Jrue's offensive stats in the playoffs. He turns into literally one of the worst and least efficient scorers in the entire NBA in the post season. He's like a 48 TS% guy on a big sample size. That's as a 3rd option with 2 big scorers next to him too. His offense just isn't great playing off others, he's not a very good spot up shooter and he can't get to the line which really limits his slashing ability. And every PnR he runs is just another possession that the ball is not in the hands of a better offensive player. And even his great defense isn't a sure thing, as we saw last year when he had absolutely nothing for Jimmy Butler and was a total sieve.

Of course the Bucks would do the trade. They stole Dame Lillard. Jrue coming up with 2 big defensive plays on a finals run doesn't negate all the other games he blew by being horrific on offense. Horrific offensively is actually being pretty nice when describing how bad he was for Milwaukee on that end.

Jrue is a nice piece, but he's getting MASSIVELY overrated since he went to Boston.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,706

Post#10 » by Up-And-Coming » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:27 am

Yes they would. Lillard is an elite offensive option especially in the clutch which the Bucks could have desperately used last playoffs.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,033

Post#11 » by DusterBuster » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:28 am

Yes. They would be stupid not to.

Also, as a Blazer fan, I don’t care.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,188

Post#12 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:29 am

Read on Twitter
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,987

Post#13 » by Prez » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:37 am

Yes lol. Giannis has never played with a quick, shifty, super talented shot creating/PnR guard on the level of Lillard offensively or even close to it. And it’s about time he did. It’s been nothing but low BBIQ/questionable decision making or poor shooting (in the playoffs) guards who make things actively more difficult offensively or at least can’t unlock his game fully…Knight, MCW, Bledsoe, Jrue. The closest we’ve had is Middleton, but he’s 6’7” and slow, with solid but not great handles. It is way overdue that we got a lethal lead guard offensively who can torch teams from 30 feet to work the PnR with Giannis.

I love Jrue and it’ll be tough seeing him in a Celtics jersey, but the ceiling of what a Dame-Giannis duo could do offensively is something you can’t pass up.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,541

Post#14 » by CIN-C-STAR » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:03 am

Which is more significant upgrade:
Brogdon + Timelord < Jrue
Or
Jrue + Grayson Allen < Dame
??

It's pretty close imo. Both should be significant upgrades, but both came at a steep price.
Milwaukee only improved their chances nominally against their main competitor, but the trade does greatly increase their odds against the field in the East.
Tough call. I think I'd rather have my future picks tbh but it remains to be seen if it gets Giannis to resign.
It also leaves out of the equation an important question: where does Dame go if the Bucks don't trade for him?
If he's going to Miami or Toronto then that potentially creates another team in the conference on your tier, which hurts your chances by quite a bit as well.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,689

Post#15 » by JayMKE » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:11 am

Yeah and the Bucks match up better with the Celtics this year than they did last year. We've seen Jrue and know what he's capable of, look forward to seeing him in the playoffs on the other side.
FREE GIANNIS
Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,678

Post#16 » by Kingdibs19 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:12 am

flranger wrote:They increased their probability to re-sign Giannis, which is goal #1

5 posts in to get the correct answer
KembaWalker wrote:If you think you need a gun to answer the door, you probably shouldn’t answer the door. Call the police

Re: innocent ex military Roger Fortson gunned down by police at his own house
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,033

Post#17 » by DusterBuster » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:26 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:Which is more significant upgrade:
Brogdon + Timelord < Jrue
Or
Jrue + Grayson Allen < Dame
??

It's pretty close imo. Both should be significant upgrades, but both came at a steep price.
Milwaukee only improved their chances nominally against their main competitor, but the trade does greatly increase their odds against the field in the East.
Tough call. I think I'd rather have my future picks tbh but it remains to be seen if it gets Giannis to resign.
It also leaves out of the equation an important question: where does Dame go if the Bucks don't trade for him?
If he's going to Miami or Toronto then that potentially creates another team in the conference on your tier, which hurts your chances by quite a bit as well.

They’re both depth for quality trades. High end players are always harder to get than depth players. Everyone loves fan favorite guys, but they aren’t the same as true superstars that are rare. Depth can be recouped, stars are much harder for that.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,478

Post#18 » by MrGoat » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:35 am

Seeing the way Milwaukee's defense got torched by Miami in the first round I don't think the Bucks are too concerned about losing Jrue if it meant adding Lillard, even if he landed on Boston
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,867

Post#19 » by dhsilv2 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:42 am

KodiakBear wrote:Do they regret it? Probably not. Would they have done a 3 way trade with Boston where this happens? Probably not.

I have a feeling a first turns to a 2nd or something in that deal. They downgrade but would still do it.
GusT15
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,272

Post#20 » by GusT15 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:44 am

All this back and forth regarding Jrue to the C's since yesterday and it won't make a bit of difference if the two teams meet in the Playoffs cause the things that matter will be:

-Who's Healthier
-Who shoots better from 3
-Will Giannis make his FTs

Yes,Jrue and White can make things hard for Lillard.
Yes,Giannis will be more comfortable without Smart and G.Williams in the Celtics line up.
Yes,asking Horford to do all the things he has done in the past vs the Bucks at his age is a tall task...(But what if he does it,once again?)

But in the end,Tatum and Brown will get theirs,Giannis will do his thing,and the hotter team from 3 will win the series...

In other words,who cares about Dame and Jrue..it's all about Middleton! :-P

Return to The General Board