Clippers have greatest roster in nba history

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Deshaun Taden
Junior
And1: 448

Re: Clippers have greatest roster in nba history 

Post#21 » by Deshaun Taden » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:44 am

Rational people always knew they'd be fine for the regular season. Way too much talent to just be a bottom feeder or play-in team. They are probably going to be a top 4 seed, even with the poor start.

The real question is the playoffs, where Harden is next to useless and where PG and Kawhi frequently get injured. The Clippers are a contender but they are not favorites, I don't expect them to be a final four team.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,772

Post#22 » by infinite11285 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 6:20 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:It's been a while

Pharm, inbetween postseasons.

Special_Puppy
Bench Warmer
And1: 958

Post#23 » by Special_Puppy » Sat Dec 9, 2023 6:26 pm

Pharmcat wrote:Now that they have had time to mesh (since no training camp) , they are putting on display how good and dominate they are and will be. No team has had 4 hof talents COMBINED with young talents like Mann , Primo, Bones PLUS quality depth like Theiss, Norman , Zubac. They brushed the defending champions the other day with ease. I expect them to roll to a championship as they are the most complete team ever assembled with no glaring weakness.

Are we forgetting about the 2016-17 Warriors or even the 2023-24 Boston Celtics. I can't tell if this post is bait
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,841

Post#24 » by Homer38 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 6:30 pm

Special_Puppy wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:Now that they have had time to mesh (since no training camp) , they are putting on display how good and dominate they are and will be. No team has had 4 hof talents COMBINED with young talents like Mann , Primo, Bones PLUS quality depth like Theiss, Norman , Zubac. They brushed the defending champions the other day with ease. I expect them to roll to a championship as they are the most complete team ever assembled with no glaring weakness.

Are we forgetting about the 2016-17 Warriors or even the 2023-24 Boston Celtics. I can't tell if this post is bait

He is just trolling at this point....He is the same poster who make a thread about the clippers over 4 years ago when he said that LAC were going to win 73 games

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1900536&p=78995808&hilit=clippers+73#p78995808
_NoMas
Pro Prospect
And1: 947

Post#25 » by _NoMas » Sat Dec 9, 2023 6:31 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Memories wrote:Ah yes, the yearly take of the Clippers having the best roster since 2019. Only for them to disappoint or Kawhi injuring himself in the playoffs again.

I think even some Clippers fans have been humbled enough at this point to shut the hell up and let the players play this time before declaring being the best at anything.

At this point, no one doesnt even need to get injured. Unless some of these farts really saving another gear, they just not that great anymore. They are just names. PG is their best player now. Is he great #1 in this landscape. Not really. Is Kawhi good #2, I guess. Is Harden good #3? This season its just a laughable question from me. This team is washed, this is the same statements people had when Knicks got Amare. Wow, Carmelo and Amare, certified "SUPERTEAM".

Kawhi is still the best player on the team…
ryguy613
Sixth Man
And1: 1,762

Post#26 » by ryguy613 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:02 pm

HotelVitale wrote:Well Jokic shot 9/32, which is probably his worst shooting night in many years if you're factoring in volume.

Also many other teams have beaten the 'defedning champs' this year. Not like that's an argument on its own.

the defending champs literally just lost to houston last night... and it was a game houston pretty much dominated the whole way, so i guess now THEYRE going to "roll" to a championship. sorry clips, youre yesterdays news. its rockets szn now!
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,259

Post#27 » by shrink » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:16 pm

Ritzo wrote:Still the 2016 for me
Prime Blake, DeAndre, CP3, Redick, Crawford, Uncle Jeff and Pablo Prigioni.

Could they beat the current roster in 2016?

Kawhi, George, Harden, Westbrook, all in the 25-28 age range, a spry 31-year old PJ Tucker, and a 16-year old Bones Hyland?
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,026

Post#28 » by thinktank » Sat Dec 9, 2023 9:55 pm

UcanUwill wrote:As Mexicans would say - El Terrriblé take (or something like that)

“As Mexicans would say”?

:lol:
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,285

Post#29 » by John Murdoch » Sat Dec 9, 2023 10:57 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Image

He got tired of his Justbuzzin account
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,159

Post#30 » by UcanUwill » Sat Dec 9, 2023 10:57 pm

thinktank wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:As Mexicans would say - El Terrriblé take (or something like that)

“As Mexicans would say”?

:lol:

LOL, El terrible has been stuck in my head for years, so I always say that instead of plain ''terrible''
81Zees
Freshman
And1: 64

Post#31 » by 81Zees » Sat Dec 9, 2023 11:56 pm

Not even. close. They have overlapping talents. They need more post scoring options for playoffs.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,074

Post#32 » by Pharmcat » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:06 am

UcanUwill wrote:
Memories wrote:Ah yes, the yearly take of the Clippers having the best roster since 2019. Only for them to disappoint or Kawhi injuring himself in the playoffs again.

I think even some Clippers fans have been humbled enough at this point to shut the hell up and let the players play this time before declaring being the best at anything.

At this point, no one doesnt even need to get injured. Unless some of these farts really saving another gear, they just not that great anymore. They are just names. PG is their best player now. Is he great #1 in this landscape. Not really. Is Kawhi good #2, I guess. Is Harden good #3? This season its just a laughable question from me. This team is washed, this is the same statements people had when Knicks got Amare. Wow, Carmelo and Amare, certified "SUPERTEAM".

Carmelo and amare is 2 studs
KL WB JH PG is 4 studs

4 > 2
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#33 » by Pharmcat » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:08 am

Special_Puppy wrote:

Are you referring to current celts? They have no bench :lol:
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#34 » by Pharmcat » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:10 am

ryguy613 wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:Well Jokic shot 9/32, which is probably his worst shooting night in many years if you're factoring in volume.

Also many other teams have beaten the 'defedning champs' this year. Not like that's an argument on its own.

the defending champs literally just lost to houston last night... and it was a game houston pretty much dominated the whole way, so i guess now THEYRE going to "roll" to a championship. sorry clips, youre yesterdays news. its rockets szn now!

The defending champs lost to rockets? Seems like the exposed thread is right around the corner :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Sixers in 4
Pro Prospect
And1: 779

Post#35 » by Sixers in 4 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:05 am

I love how you included Westbrook.

That is how I know you are trolling rather than a delusional fanboi. This team is a bunch of high priced misfit toys that don't fit together and they are nowhere near the greatest ever assembled nor do I expect them to win a championship but they should make the playoffs.
ballzboyee
Junior
And1: 455

Post#36 » by ballzboyee » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:44 am

OP is probably correct. Been waiting for somebody to start a thread on it. Which team has more talent, the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls or the current iteration of the Clippers? Think about it about how crazy it is that Paul George and Kawhi are in the same backcourt at 32 and 33, and two former MVP's as 3rd and 4th options with quality rotation guys. The only downside of this roster is they are thin at the center position with Zubac being really the only true big. They are not young, but they are also not really old. Basically, the same age as Jordan and his team when the Bulls made their second championship run.

Even when GSW was at its peak and people were having the conversation of which team would win between 1996 Bulls and the Durant-Curry led warriors, most people would only give GSW a slight edge, if any. This Clippers is clearly more talented than any version of the Jordan Bulls that won a title. I am not saying the most complete team. You could prefer other more complete rosters or even the Bulls rosters once they got Rodman because of the skill inside and out and intangibles with Jordan. But just on talent on paper for a single roster no context, the Clippers have to be in the conversation. They have also won 7 or last 10, and they should only get better. This team has the potential to go on an epic run.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,448

Post#37 » by PushDaRock » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:06 am

If we are just going off hall of fame talents without regard for primes which seems to be the case here, the Lakers have had 2 different teams with more start power. Kobe, Shaq, Malone and Payton in 03/04. Kobe, Gasol, Nash and Howard in 12/13.
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#38 » by Pharmcat » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:19 am

PushDaRock wrote:If we are just going off hall of fame talents without regard for primes which seems to be the case here, the Lakers have had 2 different teams with more start power. Kobe, Shaq, Malone and Payton in 03/04. Kobe, Gasol, Nash and Howard in 12/13.

None of those teams have the depth this clippers team has
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#39 » by ken6199 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:08 pm

nonetheless, Steph Curry getting exposed.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,196

Post#40 » by Sedale Threatt » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:14 pm

Oh Pharm. You never learn.

Return to The General Board