Shams: LeBron wins tournament MVP

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,841

Re: Shams: LeBron wins MVP 

Post#281 » by Homer38 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:20 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Every superstar has had failures but:

85 playoffs
29/6/9 vs Milwaukee

86 playoffs
44/6/6 vs Boston

87 playoffs
36/7/6 vs Boston

88 playoffs
27/9/5 vs Detroit

89 playoffs
30/6/7 vs Detroit

90 playoffs
32/7/6 vs Detroit

Against the two best teams in the east during that time he played like a superstar in the playoffs. No player is perfect but give me Jordan over James 7 days a week. And ive never seen Jordan play so un superstar like in as big a series as James in 11. James was also pretty mediocre in the 07 finals

It doesn't matter the stats if you criticize LBJ for the losses of 2009 or 2017 as an example

I don't think a 22 year old player would have been good against a defense like the Spurs in 2007, much less with the poor supporting cast that LBJ had in offense... it's incredible he made the final with this lineup

2011 doesn't erase the rest of LBJ's accomplishments(see below), before or after, unless you have the same standard for MJ in the final 3 games vs Detroit in 1989?

Read on Twitter

Bron muse lol??? How old are you? I can post a bunch of pro Jordan stats too its not that hard lol. James is all about the stats but give me the guy who just won.

10 finals and 4 titles with 4 FMVP is not winning?....as I said in my post before, the difference is that Jordan has never played in the final against a top 5 caliber offense and defense in the finals like it happened at least 7 times for LBJ with the warriors and the spurs

We know Jordan was unable to beat the Celtics and Pistons in their prime
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,932

Post#282 » by nikster » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:43 pm

Homer38 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
It doesn't matter the stats if you criticize LBJ for the losses of 2009 or 2017 as an example

I don't think a 22 year old player would have been good against a defense like the Spurs in 2007, much less with the poor supporting cast that LBJ had in offense... it's incredible he made the final with this lineup

2011 doesn't erase the rest of LBJ's accomplishments(see below), before or after, unless you have the same standard for MJ in the final 3 games vs Detroit in 1989?

Read on Twitter

Bron muse lol??? How old are you? I can post a bunch of pro Jordan stats too its not that hard lol. James is all about the stats but give me the guy who just won.

10 finals and 4 titles with 4 FMVP is not winning?....as I said in my post before, the difference is that Jordan has never played in the final against a top 5 caliber offense and defense in the finals like it happened at least 7 times for LBJ with the warriors and the spurs

Yeah it's funny a guy with 4 titles is not a winner.

Jordan fans always point out that the Celtics and Pistons were just over matched for the Bulls because they had a massive talent advantage. What if those teams hit their prime a little later into Jordan's career and his supporting cast took longer to improve? Does that make MJ a worse player?
NbaAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 1,745

Post#283 » by NbaAllDay » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:21 pm

nikster wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Jordan fans always point out that the Celtics and Pistons were just over matched for the Bulls because they had a massive talent advantage. What if those teams hit their prime a little later into Jordan's career and his supporting cast took longer to improve? Does that make MJ a worse player?

Remember all MJ ever did was win. He only played 6 seasons and won each time.
binjumper
Veteran
And1: 3,718

Post#284 » by binjumper » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:15 pm

Ein Sof wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Ein Sof wrote:It's LeBron who taught Wade how to win. They entered the NBA in the same draft, LeBron had already won 3 titles in 4 years, Wade had nothing.

Lol what?

I can try dumbing it down if you want

You're not actually serious are you? :lol: :lol:
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 678

Post#285 » by Chessboxer » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:54 pm

nikster wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

These hypotheticals are pointless because we have to no way of proving it, just as there's also no way to prove MJ wouldn't of won either. These hypotheticals for some reason always get placed on MJ when they are also applicable to Lebron ( and any other NBA champion/Finals MVP). What if Draymond doesn't get suspended changing the momentum of 2016? What if Ray Allen doesn't hit that 3? Lebron theoretically has 2 titles. What if Lebron doesn't jump ship and has to face prime healthy Wade/Bosh, does he even get to the Finals that year? If he doesn't join the Heat consolidating 3 of the top 10 players in the league on the same team, does he secure 4 straight Finals trips that he's so lauded for?

We can't pretend Lebron hasn't been the beneficiary any luck, and only MJ has been lucky.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,932

Post#286 » by nikster » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:33 pm

Chessboxer wrote:
nikster wrote:
Homer38 wrote:

These hypotheticals are pointless because we have to no way of proving it, just as there's also no way to prove MJ wouldn't of won either. These hypotheticals for some reason always get placed on MJ when they are also applicable to Lebron ( and any other NBA champion/Finals MVP). What if Draymond doesn't get suspended changing the momentum of 2016? What if Ray Allen doesn't hit that 3? Lebron theoretically has 2 titles. What if Lebron doesn't jump ship and has to face prime healthy Wade/Bosh, does he even get to the Finals that year? If he doesn't join the Heat consolidating 3 of the top 10 players in the league on the same team, does he secure 4 straight Finals trips that he's so lauded for?

We can't pretend Lebron hasn't been the beneficiary any luck, and only MJ has been lucky.

I'm not saying Lebron isn't a beneficiary of luck either. He certainly is in several ways. Just pointing how crazy it is to imply Lebron is not a winner
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,271

Post#287 » by CobraCommander » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:45 pm

Baz wrote:Already using the IST Cup in LeBron>MJ arguments is so funny

Does jordan have a in season mvp? Hell jordan didn’t even win a single in season GAME!..

How LBJ fans looking at me now when I walk in the barber shop to get that line up and extra bigen

The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,516

Re: Shams: LeBron wins tournament MVP 

Post#288 » by The Laker Kid » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:24 pm

He's gonna need a bigger Ikea cabinet
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,841

Post#289 » by Homer38 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:07 pm

Read on Twitter
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,321

Post#290 » by JordansBulls » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:36 am

So clear this tournament means nothing. Like one of those tournaments in the ncaa at the beginning of the year
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Lakers824
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#291 » by Lakers824 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:07 pm

He can console himself with this lmao
Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 581

Post#292 » by Gregoire » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:04 pm

GOAT IST player!!!
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them.
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan
AEnigma wrote:
Jordan is not as smart a help defender as Kidd

Return to The General Board