Shams: LeBron wins tournament MVP

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,608

Re: Shams: LeBron wins MVP 

Post#241 » by MavsDirk41 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:55 am

Heej wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Heej wrote:What? Michael Finley was a walking bucket back then and Juwan was an elite role player, and let's not disrespect Young Nash who was already breaking out in Dallas.

The fact that the games were close is a testament to how much impact LeBron was able to muster, despite Mike Brown getting embarrassingly outcoached. Captain Jack (dunno if you know who that is, but ask Serge Ibaka if you don't) literally had a whole clip on his podcast with Matt Barnes talking about how the Spurs knew Mike Brown's entire playbook inside and out and the Cavs played right into their hands.

Also very amusing to me how in LeBron's one other poor Finals showing, Spoelstra similarly got pantsed by Rick Carlisle playing into the Mavs game plan of zoning up on LeBron and turning him into a passer because Spoelstra was playing lineups with 3-4 non-spacers and didn't have any zone-beating concepts installed into his offense.

But tbh most people have a very casual sense of what actually goes into winning a playoff series and how many moving parts it takes to work together. I would think to people like that they see it as an absolute failure of a playoff run by LeBron that's when he gets eliminated and likely don't stop to think how difficult it is to win with a team developing its identity.

I guess fortunately for other player fans like Jordan, Kobe, Curry, etc. people are willing to overlook the growing pains years when it comes to developing an identity with the coaching staff because the losses occurred early in the playoffs. Meanwhile LeBron gets penalized because his developing scheme/identity losses came in the Finals.

But do I expect most people to comprehend ball at this level? No. I expect to be met with responses that project the insecurity of coming up with excuses for valid criticisms to Pathological LeBron Hater Logic on to me.

Nothing but excuses. Typical from a james fan tho its expected. Carlise devised a game plan to make James a passer lol. Just excuse after excuse.

Read the last paragraph and cope and seethe over how you perfectly played out my prediction. Pathological LeBron Haters have begun to lose their fastball and now it's just predictable and altogether too easy :lol:

Call me a lebron james hater but you are just a silly little fan boy who is sitting here making up excuses on why he sucked in the 2011 finals lol. Miami was 58-24 in the regular season in 2011 and 12-3 in the playoffs prior to the finals but your responses are that its Spos fault and developing team/chemistry? Garbage man. I admit Dirk failed in the 06 finals but you dont have it in you to admit that maybe just maybe your hero failed.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,965

Post#242 » by Heej » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:57 am

Homer38 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
It was Rodman who did the little things in game 6(and in game 2 too)....I mean 11 offensive rebounds in each of those game!

Yes he did the dirty work he was a great rebounder and defensive player but he gave nothing offensively. He didnt outplay Jordan in those finals man. Do they win without him? No. But that doesnt mean he outplayed Jordan. Jordan had some bad shooting games in those finals but nobody else on the Bulls was giving much offensively. I think they were so focused on breaking the all time regular season winning record that they were spent by the time the playoffs rolled around.

11 offensive rebounds in game 2 and 6 and you say that Rodman did nothing offensively :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offense isn't just about scoring....

Let's not even mention the fact that Rodman clamped the Sonics' best player if we're talking about doing the little things. On a cheapo contract at that LOL
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Heej
General Manager

Post#243 » by Heej » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:00 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Heej wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Nothing but excuses. Typical from a james fan tho its expected. Carlise devised a game plan to make James a passer lol. Just excuse after excuse.

Read the last paragraph and cope and seethe over how you perfectly played out my prediction. Pathological LeBron Haters have begun to lose their fastball and now it's just predictable and altogether too easy :lol:

Call me a lebron james hater but you are just a silly little fan boy who is sitting here making up excuses on why he sucked in the 2011 finals lol. Miami was 58-24 in the regular season in 2011 and 12-3 in the playoffs prior to the finals but your responses are that its Spos fault and developing team/chemistry? Garbage man. I admit Dirk failed in the 06 finals but you dont have it in you to admit that maybe just maybe your hero failed.

Casuals are only capable of perceiving the game in basketball in isolated events or defaulting to 1v1 settings when analyzing team matchups. LeBron got outschemed and taken out mentally as well by Rick Carlisle and the Mavs players. Is that something that's supposed to be difficult for people to comprehend? No, according to your logic. So why is it so difficult for you to comprehend the impact of coaching staff matchups as well? You need to learn the game more and run your mouth less my friend.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#244 » by MavsDirk41 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:04 am

Homer38 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
The Cavs had Kyrie between 2012 to 2014 and they were still awful...It was far to be easy,it took a superhuman effort by James to win the title in 2016...If you look at the plus and minus stats,the cavs were bad without James on the court even with Love and Kyrie especially on defense

Before James and Love got to Cleveland who was Kyrie Irvings best teammates? Were any allstars?

Irving averaged 27/4/4 in the finals on 47/41/94 shooting splits plus he hit the biggest shot in the series but it took a superhuman effort by James to win lol? Do you really believe Irving didnt have a “superhuman” effort by the way he played? He outplayed Curry!!

James was awesome!!
Irving was awesome!!
Love was great in the playoffs prior to the finals. Go look up the stats man lol

Do you remember that James led both team in points, assists, rebounds, steal and block....the only player ever to have done that in a playoff series in NBA history...that's why it was legendary. ...Yes Kyrie was very good but James did everything in this series, especially in the last 3 games.Back to back 41 points game for LBJ and a triple double in game 7 but he was even better on defense!

Lol great!

Jordan first 3 peat

91 finals 31/11/7 with 3 steals a game
92 finals 36/5/7 2 steals a game
93 finals 41/9/6 with 2 steals a game

Plus Jordan outscored the entire Bulls team during the 98 finals….has that ever been done before?

Jordan won DPOY and scoring title same season.

We can go back and forth all day my man
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#245 » by MavsDirk41 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:09 am

Heej wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Heej wrote:Read the last paragraph and cope and seethe over how you perfectly played out my prediction. Pathological LeBron Haters have begun to lose their fastball and now it's just predictable and altogether too easy :lol:

Casuals are only capable of perceiving the game in basketball in isolated events or defaulting to 1v1 settings when analyzing team matchups. LeBron got outschemed and taken out mentally as well by Rick Carlisle and the Mavs players. Is that something that's supposed to be difficult for people to comprehend? No, according to your logic. So why is it so difficult for you to comprehend the impact of coaching staff matchups as well? You need to learn the game more and run your mouth less my friend.

Lol the Detroit Pistons schemed their entire game plan around stopping Jordan in the late 80s. They dared someone else to beat them on that Bulls team. The Bulls lost 3 years in a row but Jordan still played like a superstar. So if Jordan could overcome schemes and matchups why couldn’t James? You need to quit crying and making excuses and quit thinking your hero didnt crap the bed.
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,841

Post#246 » by Homer38 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:10 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Before James and Love got to Cleveland who was Kyrie Irvings best teammates? Were any allstars?

Irving averaged 27/4/4 in the finals on 47/41/94 shooting splits plus he hit the biggest shot in the series but it took a superhuman effort by James to win lol? Do you really believe Irving didnt have a “superhuman” effort by the way he played? He outplayed Curry!!

James was awesome!!
Irving was awesome!!
Love was great in the playoffs prior to the finals. Go look up the stats man lol

Do you remember that James led both team in points, assists, rebounds, steal and block....the only player ever to have done that in a playoff series in NBA history...that's why it was legendary. ...Yes Kyrie was very good but James did everything in this series, especially in the last 3 games.Back to back 41 points game for LBJ and a triple double in game 7 but he was even better on defense!

Lol great!

Jordan first 3 peat

Plus Jordan outscored the entire Bulls team during the 98 finals….has that ever been done before?

If you talk about game 6,he also attempts more FGA(35) that his teammates(32) :lol:

I could argue that LBJ in 2016 to 2018 was better that Jordan in 1991 to 1993 come playoffs time...Difference,Jordan did not face a team of the caliber of the warriors in those years
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,262

Re: Shams: LeBron wins tournament MVP 

Post#247 » by RB34 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:11 am

Wonder if the Lakers will get another cakewalk group stage in the next tournament to extend their unbeaten run.
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#248 » by MavsDirk41 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:11 am

Heej wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Yes he did the dirty work he was a great rebounder and defensive player but he gave nothing offensively. He didnt outplay Jordan in those finals man. Do they win without him? No. But that doesnt mean he outplayed Jordan. Jordan had some bad shooting games in those finals but nobody else on the Bulls was giving much offensively. I think they were so focused on breaking the all time regular season winning record that they were spent by the time the playoffs rolled around.

11 offensive rebounds in game 2 and 6 and you say that Rodman did nothing offensively :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's not even mention the fact that Rodman clamped the Sonics' best player if we're talking about doing the little things. On a cheapo contract at that LOL

Cheap contract cause nobody else wanted Rodman in 95……Jordan, Pippen, and Jackson turned his career around.
Homer38
RealGM

Post#249 » by Homer38 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:15 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Heej wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Lol the Detroit Pistons schemed their entire game plan around stopping Jordan in the late 80s. They dared someone else to beat them on that Bulls team. The Bulls lost 3 years in a row but Jordan still played like a superstar. So if Jordan could overcome schemes and matchups why couldn’t James? You need to quit crying and making excuses and quit thinking your hero didnt crap the bed.

In 1989,the Bulls were up 2-1 vs pistons but Jordan was 5-15 in game 4,only 8 FGA in game 5( :lol: ) and 8 turnovers in game 6.....Yes, Jordan had failures before Phil Jackson and before the Celtics and Pistons had a decline
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#250 » by MavsDirk41 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:18 am

Homer38 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Homer38 wrote:

Lol great!

Jordan first 3 peat

If you talk about game 6,he also attempts more FGA(35) that his teammates(32) :lol:

I could argue that LBJ in 2016 to 2018 was better that Jordan in 1991 to 1993 come playoffs time...Difference,Jordan did not face a team of the caliber of the warriors in those years

:lol: Well Jordan never played with an offensive player as talented as Irving or Wade in his career. He had to carry a bigger load offensively…Jordan had to carry the offensive load in 98…..but you knew that right?

And Jordan never picked his teammates like James did he? How many teammates did James help turn into HOF talent? A big 0
Heej
General Manager

Post#251 » by Heej » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:18 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Heej wrote:
Homer38 wrote:

Cheap contract cause nobody else wanted Rodman in 95……Jordan, Pippen, and Jackson turned his career around.

Just goes to show what having elite coaching and systemic continuity can do for players. Shout-out Jerry Reinsdorf, he never gets credit for being one of the best owners of his era.
Heej
General Manager

Post#252 » by Heej » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:19 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Lol great!

Jordan first 3 peat

:lol: Well Jordan never played with an offensive player as talented as Irving or Wade in his career. He had to carry a bigger load offensively…Jordan had to carry the offensive load in 98…..but you knew that right?

And Jordan never picked his teammates like James did he? How many teammates did James help turn into HOF talent? A big 0

Jordan also never faced offenses like the 2010s Spurs and Warriors teams :rofl:. The only one that even comes close aka the 93 Suns weren't even in the same stratosphere defensively as the teams LeBron faced in every single Finals.

And once again, casual tendencies only being able to conceive the game in isolated 1v1 single minded settings. Many trainers and coaches along with Jordan were responsible for Pippen becoming the player he did. LeBron's impact on young players has been observed for many years across many situations and environments.
B_Creamy
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#253 » by B_Creamy » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:23 am

Heej wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Heej wrote:What? Michael Finley was a walking bucket back then and Juwan was an elite role player, and let's not disrespect Young Nash who was already breaking out in Dallas.

The fact that the games were close is a testament to how much impact LeBron was able to muster, despite Mike Brown getting embarrassingly outcoached. Captain Jack (dunno if you know who that is, but ask Serge Ibaka if you don't) literally had a whole clip on his podcast with Matt Barnes talking about how the Spurs knew Mike Brown's entire playbook inside and out and the Cavs played right into their hands.

Also very amusing to me how in LeBron's one other poor Finals showing, Spoelstra similarly got pantsed by Rick Carlisle playing into the Mavs game plan of zoning up on LeBron and turning him into a passer because Spoelstra was playing lineups with 3-4 non-spacers and didn't have any zone-beating concepts installed into his offense.

But tbh most people have a very casual sense of what actually goes into winning a playoff series and how many moving parts it takes to work together. I would think to people like that they see it as an absolute failure of a playoff run by LeBron that's when he gets eliminated and likely don't stop to think how difficult it is to win with a team developing its identity.

I guess fortunately for other player fans like Jordan, Kobe, Curry, etc. people are willing to overlook the growing pains years when it comes to developing an identity with the coaching staff because the losses occurred early in the playoffs. Meanwhile LeBron gets penalized because his developing scheme/identity losses came in the Finals.

But do I expect most people to comprehend ball at this level? No. I expect to be met with responses that project the insecurity of coming up with excuses for valid criticisms to Pathological LeBron Hater Logic on to me.

Dog this is plainly an huge cope, jeez...

Everyone and their dog knows LeBron sucked in 2011 Finals. No amount of you claiming elite basketball knowledge will change anyone's mind.
Heej
General Manager

Post#254 » by Heej » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:25 am

B_Creamy wrote:
Heej wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Dog this is plainly an huge cope, jeez...

Everyone and their dog knows LeBron sucked in 2011 Finals. No amount of you claiming elite basketball knowledge will change anyone's mind.

Yes we know he did, but casuals can only go that far in their analysis and are both unwilling and incapable when it comes to looking deeper than that. Thank you for your contributions to that end.
Homer38
RealGM

Post#255 » by Homer38 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:25 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Lol great!

Jordan first 3 peat

Same for Jordan...Pippen would been in the HOF,no matter what...One of the best 2 way players of all-time.LBJ always had a big load to carry on offense and also on defense....Jordan had so much help on defense, it was crazy and on offense, he could play to his strengths always and his team were great in offensive rebounds

LBJ often needed to be the best scorer, passer and defender of his team during his career.....The only true elite defender that LBJ has had in his career (Pippen caliber) is Davis..No Ben Wallace don't count,he was not the same he was in Detroit but of course if he would been healthy vs Magic in 2009,it would been huge for the cavs!
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#256 » by MavsDirk41 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:33 am

Homer38 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Heej wrote:Casuals are only capable of perceiving the game in basketball in isolated events or defaulting to 1v1 settings when analyzing team matchups. LeBron got outschemed and taken out mentally as well by Rick Carlisle and the Mavs players. Is that something that's supposed to be difficult for people to comprehend? No, according to your logic. So why is it so difficult for you to comprehend the impact of coaching staff matchups as well? You need to learn the game more and run your mouth less my friend.

In 1989,the Bulls were up 2-1 vs pistons but Jordan was 5-15 in game 4,only 8 FGA in game 5( :lol: ) and 8 turnovers in game 6.....Yes, Jordan had failures before Phil Jackson and before the Celtics and Pistons had a decline

Every superstar has had failures but:

85 playoffs
29/6/9 vs Milwaukee

86 playoffs
44/6/6 vs Boston

87 playoffs
36/7/6 vs Boston

88 playoffs
27/9/5 vs Detroit

89 playoffs
30/6/7 vs Detroit

90 playoffs
32/7/6 vs Detroit

Against the two best teams in the east during that time he played like a superstar in the playoffs. No player is perfect but give me Jordan over James 7 days a week. And ive never seen Jordan play so un superstar like in as big a series as James in 11. James was also pretty mediocre in the 07 finals
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#257 » by MavsDirk41 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:36 am

Heej wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Heej wrote:Let's not even mention the fact that Rodman clamped the Sonics' best player if we're talking about doing the little things. On a cheapo contract at that LOL

Just goes to show what having elite coaching and systemic continuity can do for players. Shout-out Jerry Reinsdorf, he never gets credit for being one of the best owners of his era.

I agree about Reinsdorf but what is the name of that guy in Miami???? Head of basketball operations?? Pat Riley??? Yea, he is pretty decent too no? Did James play in Miami?
Heej
General Manager

Post#258 » by Heej » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:38 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Heej wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

I agree about Reinsdorf but what is the name of that guy in Miami???? Head of basketball operations?? Pat Riley??? Yea, he is pretty decent too no? Did James play in Miami?

Quick, what percentage of his career did Jordan play for the Bulls vs what percentage did he play for Miami?

Why do y'all do this to yourselves lmfaooo somebody phone in the real Jordan debaters :rofl:
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,148

Post#259 » by Lockdown504090 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:38 am

art_tatum wrote:5 championships
5 mvps
5 fmvps
(Ist mvp count as both)
I don't think Jordan's 1 chip and fmvp advantage can overcome the Lebron mvp and longevity

mike couldnt even get one. what a bum
Homer38
RealGM

Post#260 » by Homer38 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:41 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Every superstar has had failures but:

85 playoffs
29/6/9 vs Milwaukee

86 playoffs
44/6/6 vs Boston

87 playoffs
36/7/6 vs Boston

88 playoffs
27/9/5 vs Detroit

89 playoffs
30/6/7 vs Detroit

90 playoffs
32/7/6 vs Detroit

Against the two best teams in the east during that time he played like a superstar in the playoffs. No player is perfect but give me Jordan over James 7 days a week. And ive never seen Jordan play so un superstar like in as big a series as James in 11. James was also pretty mediocre in the 07 finals

It doesn't matter the stats if you criticize LBJ for the losses of 2009 or 2017 as an example

I don't think a 22 year old player would have been good against a defense like the Spurs in 2007, much less with the poor supporting cast that LBJ had in offense... it's incredible he made the final with this lineup

2011 doesn't erase the rest of LBJ's accomplishments(see below), before or after, unless you have the same standard for MJ in the final 3 games vs Detroit in 1989?

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board