Mitchell Robinson Out For Regular Season (Update: Out again 6-8 weeks with ankle injury)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,219

Re: Mitchell Robinson Out For Season 

Post#81 » by Wallace_Wallace » Wed May 8, 2024 1:47 am

Draymond Green just said to the Knicks, “I’m here to start….I mean clean some shxt if you need me.”
KayDee35
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,675

Post#82 » by KayDee35 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:44 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Robinson has revenge on his mind, apparently.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,553

Post#83 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed May 8, 2024 2:48 am

People are more outraged over Jamal Murray throwing a heat pack at no one in particular, resulting in nothing happening, than they are an intentional dirty play by Embiid that took an opponent out for the season.
Make it make sense.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,173

Post#84 » by DaGawd » Wed May 8, 2024 3:00 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:People are more outraged over Jamal Murray throwing a heat pack at no one in particular, resulting in nothing happening, than they are an intentional dirty play by Embiid that took an opponent out for the season.
Make it make sense.

because **** the knicks sadly
BaF
Washington Wizards
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,571

Re: Mitchell Robinson Out For Regular Season (Update: Out again 6-8 weeks with ankle injury) 

Post#85 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 3:08 am

He just got cheaper for the Knicks to keep this offseason.
DaGawd
RealGM

Re: Mitchell Robinson Out For Regular Season (Update: Out again 6-8 weeks with ankle injury) 

Post#86 » by DaGawd » Wed May 8, 2024 3:15 am

JustBuzzin wrote:He just got cheaper for the Knicks to keep this offseason.

we already gave him his extension.. wondering if we need to move him to keep ihart tho.. he’s such a luxury as a backup big however.. tough decisions
BaF
Washington Wizards
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#87 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 3:19 am

DaGawd wrote:

we always gave him his extension.. wondering if we need to move him to keep ihart tho.. he’s such a luxury as a backup big however.. tough decisions

So you letting Hatenstein walk?
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#88 » by DaGawd » Wed May 8, 2024 3:28 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

we always gave him his extension.. wondering if we need to move him to keep ihart tho.. he’s such a luxury as a backup big however.. tough decisions

hopefully not
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,865

Post#89 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 3:37 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

It's up to IH. We only have early bird rights for him, so if he accepts an offer starting much over ~15M we won't be able to match. With Mitch & iHart's outrageous bromance he might just settle for a 30M 1+1 to continue platooning with his other half, but who knows what he'll decide.

Luckily we've got Sims & Achiuwa behind RobinHart, so we should be in a solid spot either way...but the depth we have there now is a wonderful luxury.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#90 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 3:44 am

cgf wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
DaGawd wrote:we always gave him his extension.. wondering if we need to move him to keep ihart tho.. he’s such a luxury as a backup big however.. tough decisions

It's up to IH. We only have early bird rights for him, so if he accepts an offer starting much over ~15M we won't be able to match. With Mitch & iHart's outrageous bromance he might just settle for a 30M 1+1 to continue platooning with his other half, but who knows what he'll decide.

Luckily we've got Sims & Achiuwa behind RobinHart, so we should be in a solid spot either way...but the depth we have there now is a wonderful luxury.

I asked because I could see Charlotte going after him. We need a backup center and we have about 30 mil to play with in FA. I like his hustle and he plays hard.
cgf
RealGM

Post#91 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 3:48 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
cgf wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:So you letting Hatenstein walk?

I asked because I could see Charlotte going after him. We need a backup center and we have about 30 mil to play with in FA. I like his hustle and he plays hard.

Doubt he leaves for a back up gig. Him and Mitch are the closest friends I've ever seen on the knicks...even over the nova boys...and he seems to really like being in NYC. If someone offered him a clearcut starting job and 20M a year, we could be in trouble though because both deserve to start.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,392

Post#92 » by Phish Tank » Wed May 8, 2024 5:37 am

IHart isn’t going anywhere. He’s CAA, the FO loves him, and he’s too important to let go. Plus the teams with cap room aren’t going to just offer more then $20M to pay IHart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,563

Post#93 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 8, 2024 7:12 am

Bob Ross wrote:Thanks Embiid. Sixers took out Mitch and Bojan. Bush league dirty team, them and Miami
Read on Twitter
?t=GXIS1xPv9sYso8x3yInvNQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,338

Post#94 » by doogie_hauser » Wed May 8, 2024 7:50 am

Unfair to blame this injury on Embiid, unfortunately Robinson's body is made of glass.

Boston traded out Time Lord (a fan favourite) for worries about his durability/body holding up.

Robinson is a better player though and an absolute defensive/rebounding beast.

Knicks should keep him unless they think he could be part of a package for that Elusive third star piece next to Randle and Brunson.

Mitchell and The Knicks could use some kind luck for.a change when it comes.to his recovery.
cgf
RealGM

Post#95 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 10:53 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Unfair to blame this injury on Embiid, unfortunately Robinson's body is made of glass.

Boston traded out Time Lord (a fan favourite) for worries about his durability/body holding up.

Robinson is a better player though and an absolute defensive/rebounding beast.

Knicks should keep him unless they think he could be part of a package for that Elusive third star piece next to Randle and Brunson.

Mitchell and The Knicks could use some kind luck for.a change when it comes.to his recovery.

Yeah, totally unfair to blame the guy that wrestled Robinson to the ground before flinging himself onto Robinson's ankle, causing Mitch to miss the next game :wink:

Mitchell also isn't anywhere close to as fragile as Timelord, he's in the AD/KP tier.

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,963

Post#96 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed May 8, 2024 11:04 am

Think it’s really important to note that Embiid’s 50 point game came after he hurt the best defender on him, didn’t get ejected, and then got 20 gift free throws.

Even after that defender came out back and was still hurt, Embiid still couldn’t score on him.

…yea, whine more about the refs screwed you, Embiid.
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,985

Post#97 » by mcmurphy » Wed May 8, 2024 1:18 pm

KayDee35 wrote:
Read on Twitter

wow... I missed this

this is probably worse than Murray's stupidity

having had a second big like Robinson for the knicks became very important
cgf
RealGM

Post#98 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 1:24 pm

mcmurphy wrote:
KayDee35 wrote:
Read on Twitter

wow... I missed this

Embiid also "fell" onto Robinson's ankle later in that game, forcing Robinson to miss the rest of that game & the next one before coming back for game 5, still hobbled.

Luckily Achiuwa & Sims stepped in very well when Robinson was injured during the regular season...but yeah, this is another annoying loss to our depth. That's Randle, Bogdanovic, and Robinson now. Bogey wasn't doing much, but the other two are huge absences.

Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,387

Post#99 » by Woodsanity » Wed May 8, 2024 3:40 pm

mcmurphy wrote:
KayDee35 wrote:
Read on Twitter

wow... I missed this

We are already missing Randle and Bojan. Now we are missing 3 critical players. :noway:

Thibs is already playing Josh Hart 46 minutes as it is.... :lol:
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,644

Post#100 » by ropjhk » Wed May 8, 2024 3:52 pm

Embiid is a dirty player. He has a history of dirty plays.

Return to The General Board