What Happened to Kendrick Nunn?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,984

What Happened to Kendrick Nunn? 

Post#1 » by Liam_Gallagher » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:27 pm

What happened to this dude? In his first two years, he averaged 15/3/3 for good Heat teams. I know he got hurt, but was his injury that bad? I thought he should've been given more of a chance.

Dude's out of the league already?
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,155

Re: What Happened to Kendrick Nunn? 

Post#2 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:38 pm

He signed with Euroleague upper middle team Panathinaikos, is coached by Ataman, and is having a good season, tho I wouldn't call him Euroleague star at least now. For a smaller guy, he doesn't have burst or athleticism to be on serious NBA radar.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,625

Post#3 » by jkvonny » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:53 pm

Last year he was with the Washington Wizards, dysfunctional team.

He'd rather play for a powerhouse team overseas (probably more pay, too) , where he's at now. In Greece. lol
Greek
Starter
And1: 449

Post#4 » by Greek » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:14 pm

He is playing in my team Panathinaikos, he has lots of ups and downs, missing consistency, i was expecting better 3pt shooting from him or creativity. Am expecting way more than what he showed
jasonxxx102
Veteran
And1: 2,732

Post#5 » by jasonxxx102 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:15 pm

He wasn’t good enough to play in the NBA /thread
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,336

Post#6 » by lambchop » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:22 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:What happened to this dude? In his first two years, he averaged 15/3/3 for good Heat teams. I know he got hurt, but was his injury that bad? I thought he should've been given more of a chance.

That pretty much answers the question. The Heat culture, system, training regimen and diet had him looking like a true nba player. Without that he's just a Euroleague starter. Gabe Vincent looked like a stud in the POs but has 12% from range this season.

Props to the Heat. I wonder how many all star teams Darko Milicic would have made, had they selected him in 03. Real talk.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,155

Post#7 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:23 pm

Greek wrote:He is playing in my team Panathinaikos, he has lots of ups and downs, missing consistency, i was expecting better 3pt shooting from him or creativity. Am expecting way more than what he showed

Yes, he is very inconsistent so far, kind off like Isaiah Canaan earlier in his euro career, guy was brutal, but now often stars for stacked Olympiacos team. I think Nunn will be very good euro player, but maybe not yet for Panathinaikos. I don't really see him coming back To NBA unless he is content with two way or something like that. At least you guys dodged Edmond Sumner, that guy will be out of Euroleague soon unless serious turn around happens.
_jin
Sixth Man
And1: 2,158

Post#8 » by _jin » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:33 pm

I read a couple days ago that he hasnt missed a FT since joining Pana. GOAT euro FT shooter.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#9 » by meekrab » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:36 pm

Turns out the bar for 6'2" point guards to stay in the NBA is really high.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,516

Post#10 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:01 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:What happened to this dude?

Lakers happened. Just ask Gabe Vincent
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Greek
Starter
And1: 449

Post#11 » by Greek » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:16 pm

meekrab wrote:Turns out the bar for 6'2" point guards to stay in the NBA is really high.

Nann and PG doesnt fit in the same sentence, at least from what he showed to us. He is mediocre to decent gunner but far from good to great euroleague player, but am willing to give him a chance since we got like 12 new players and a new coach.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,040

Post#12 » by JazzUte88 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:21 pm

How many **** did he give?

Nunn, probably.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#13 » by meekrab » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:21 pm

Greek wrote:
meekrab wrote:Turns out the bar for 6'2" point guards to stay in the NBA is really high.

Nann and PG doesnt fit in the same sentence, at least from what he showed to us. He is mediocre to decent gunner but far from good to great euroleague player, but am willing to give him a chance since we got like 12 new players and a new coach.

:dontknow: hard to play any other position at that size.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,495

Post#14 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:24 pm

UcanUwill wrote:He signed with Euroleague upper middle team Panathinaikos, is coached by Ataman, and is having a good season, tho I wouldn't call him Euroleague star at least now. For a smaller guy, he doesn't have burst or athleticism to be on serious NBA radar.

I'm not sure I'd say that it's "good" so far. He's only effective if he is hitting jump shots. Otherwise, he's just taking a bunch of one on one plays and basically low percentage at that, and with basically no ability to play make or involve teammates at all.

I would say that Panathinaikos' budget right now has to be higher than upper middle. Hernangomez....he's a gigantic bust signing for them so far. Him and Kemba might be the two most overpaid players in EuroLeague right now.

lambchop wrote:
Liam_Gallagher wrote:What happened to this dude? In his first two years, he averaged 15/3/3 for good Heat teams. I know he got hurt, but was his injury that bad? I thought he should've been given more of a chance.

That pretty much answers the question. The Heat culture, system, training regimen and diet had him looking like a true nba player. Without that he's just a Euroleague starter. Gabe Vincent looked like a stud in the POs but has 12% from range this season.

Props to the Heat. I wonder how many all star teams Darko Milicic would have made, had they selected him in 03. Real talk.

EuroLeague doesn't really have "starters". Several EuroLeague MVPs were bench players. Strictly set starters and bench players has not really been a thing in EuroLeague, at least not for many years.

UcanUwill wrote:
Greek wrote:He is playing in my team Panathinaikos, he has lots of ups and downs, missing consistency, i was expecting better 3pt shooting from him or creativity. Am expecting way more than what he showed

Yes, he is very inconsistent so far, kind off like Isaiah Canaan earlier in his euro career, guy was brutal, but now often stars for stacked Olympiacos team. I think Nunn will be very good euro player, but maybe not yet for Panathinaikos. I don't really see him coming back To NBA unless he is content with two way or something like that. At least you guys dodged Edmond Sumner, that guy will be out of Euroleague soon unless serious turn around happens.

Isaiah Canaan is an absolute one trick pony. All he can do is shoot. He can't pass, he can't dribble, he can't create, he can't run pick and roll, he can't play defense......

He's like the most one dimensional rotation guard in EuroLeague. He's basically like a worse version of Andy Obst. All Canaan is good for is shooting open jumpers, and he benefits from Bartzoka's system that gets open shots for guys. Same way Vezenkov and now Peters benefit from it.

But if Canaan isn't making open 3s, he is a totally useless player.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,558

Post#15 » by GSWFan1994 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:47 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:EuroLeague doesn't really have "starters". Several EuroLeague MVPs were bench players. Strictly set starters and bench players has not really been a thing in EuroLeague, at least not for many years.

No related to the thread, I know, but I'd like to ask you: how would you evaluate former Warriors Ekpe Udoh's and Anthony Randolph's careers in Europe?
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,349

Post#16 » by XTC » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:49 pm

The knee injury really ruined him. He had tons of upside IMO.
jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#17 » by jehosafats » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:45 am

I remember him showing flashes in Miami. He was always great in the open floor, not so much in the half court.
BigDan245
Veteran
And1: 2,417

Post#18 » by BigDan245 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:15 am

He went to the Lakers and his career died
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,973

Post#19 » by dockingsched » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:16 am

He goes by the name Gabe Vincent nowadays.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 378

Post#20 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:17 am

Mirotic12 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:He signed with Euroleague upper middle team Panathinaikos, is coached by Ataman, and is having a good season, tho I wouldn't call him Euroleague star at least now. For a smaller guy, he doesn't have burst or athleticism to be on serious NBA radar.

I'm not sure I'd say that it's "good" so far. He's only effective if he is hitting jump shots. Otherwise, he's just taking a bunch of one on one plays and basically low percentage at that, and with basically no ability to play make or involve teammates at all.

I would say that Panathinaikos' budget right now has to be higher than upper middle. Hernangomez....he's a gigantic bust signing for them so far. Him and Kemba might be the two most overpaid players in EuroLeague right now.

lambchop wrote:

EuroLeague doesn't really have "starters". Several EuroLeague MVPs were bench players. Strictly set starters and bench players has not really been a thing in EuroLeague, at least not for many years.

UcanUwill wrote:

Isaiah Canaan is an absolute one trick pony. All he can do is shoot. He can't pass, he can't dribble, he can't create, he can't run pick and roll, he can't play defense......

He's like the most one dimensional rotation guard in EuroLeague. He's basically like a worse version of Andy Obst. All Canaan is good for is shooting open jumpers, and he benefits from Bartzoka's system that gets open shots for guys. Same way Vezenkov and now Peters benefit from it.

But if Canaan isn't making open 3s, he is a totally useless player.
The Wiz would trade Poole for him if you pay his contract. He is more than a 1 trick pony, he has great handles too unlike a Randy.

Return to The General Board