Jalen Brunson is the best Knick since Patrick Ewing

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,817

Re: Jalen Brunson is the best Knick since Patrick Ewing 

Post#221 » by cgf » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:20 pm

TBF I thought we were talking about their playoff performances when I made my comment...where the sample size is even smaller, but that's the nature of over-analyzing playoff performances.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,899

Post#222 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:23 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:What’s the point in even replying back days later. Lol after Knicks just beat Nets. Are you really still trying to downplay Brunson?

You are obsessed with the Nets. :lol:

It has nothing to do with this conversation.

Why did you wait days later to respond after Knicks beat yall?

I really don’t even follow the Nets. I completely forgot the old Uconn coach Ollie was the new coach until yesterday

Y’all gotta realize, the man is biased. His Nets are trash, no one in New York liked them even when they had KD, and the Knicks have their best franchise player since Ewing.

Might as well just move his franchise to Alaska at this point (no offense to Alaska).
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,320

Post#223 » by ShootersShoot » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:35 pm

cgf wrote:TBF I thought we were talking about their playoff performances when I made my comment...where the sample size is even smaller, but that's the nature of over-analyzing playoff performances.

Yea, I don't personally have an issue with a small sample size given that it is the only available data and given the context of the discussion. I was just telling dude if he has an issue with a 29 game sample size, why give me the third degree when someone else was talking about an even smaller sample size?
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,481

Post#224 » by HoopsterJones » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:55 pm

Jalen Brunson likely to make an All NBA team. Which means after next season (2025-2026 is a player option guaranteed to be declined), he’ll be eligible for a supermax contract. He’s about to get paid.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
cgf
RealGM

Post#225 » by cgf » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:58 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:Jalen Brunson likely to make an All NBA team. Which means after next season (2025-2026 is a player option guaranteed to be declined), he’ll be eligible for a supermax contract. He’s about to get paid.

He'll be worth it, but yeah, we're likely to hit the 2nd apron next summer. So we should be planning accordingly and making any major acquisitions before Brundle's new deals kick in.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,988

Post#226 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:17 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
You are obsessed with the Nets. :lol:

It has nothing to do with this conversation.

Why did you wait days later to respond after Knicks beat yall?

I really don’t even follow the Nets. I completely forgot the old Uconn coach Ollie was the new coach until yesterday

Y’all gotta realize, the man is biased. His Nets are trash, no one in New York liked them even when they had KD, and the Knicks have their best franchise player since Ewing.

Might as well just move his franchise to Alaska at this point (no offense to Alaska).

Obsessed with the Nets :lol:

Imagine your team being a top 2 seed in the East and you have to bring up the Nets because youre that insecure.

Keep the topic focused on Brunson.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,709

Post#227 » by Vampirate » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:47 pm

I'm going to be honest.

1. Melo played in a different era where it was harder to score than the current one Brunson is in, we really don't know what his efficiency would be at in the current era if he was in his prime.

2. This Knicks FO is better than the one Melo had. They lucked into Brunson but they also lucked into Melo (but how they got Melo was worse)

3. It could still be true, Melo was a better rebounder while Brunson is a better shooter.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,629

Post#228 » by tsherkin » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:52 pm

Vampirate wrote:I'm going to be honest.

1. Melo played in a different era where it was harder to score than the current one Brunson is in, we really don't know what his efficiency would be at in the current era if he was in his prime.

We have a pretty good idea.

His specific efficiency would be better for various reasons, but it's unlikely his relative efficiency would change that much.

3. It could still be true, Melo was a better rebounder while Brunson is a better shooter.

He's also a playmaker, and Melo was not.
uncleduck13
Junior
And1: 341

Post#229 » by uncleduck13 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:47 pm

He keeps proving this statement to be true
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,833

Post#230 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:53 pm

god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,278

Post#231 » by Marvin Martian » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:54 pm

2. This Knicks FO is better than the one Melo had. They lucked into Brunson but they also lucked into Melo (but how they got Melo was worse)

Brunson also is a better passer and defender.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,307

Post#232 » by Woodsanity » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:02 pm

Brunson is him
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
cgf
RealGM

Post#233 » by cgf » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:43 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:

Brunson also is a better passer and defender.

Passer yes, defender OTOH is tough to make the case for.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,827

Post#234 » by Capn'O » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 pm

Capn'O wrote:Folks, we're not asking you. We're telling you.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,469

Post#235 » by BigShot Bojan » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:25 pm

I completely disagree with Brunson being a better shooter ….melos shot was a thing of beauty
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,367

Post#236 » by kane » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:07 am

BigShot Bojan wrote:

I completely disagree with Brunson being a better shooter ….melos shot was a thing of beauty

melo also had a albatross around his neck im amare :o
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,983

Post#237 » by mcmurphy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:27 pm

it's not only stats... it's leadership provided by Brunson
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,453

Post#238 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:38 pm

imagine prime melo on that team with brunson at the helms, solid roleplayers, a proper frontoffice and a solid coach. WOW

Melo might be the best #2 in NBA history. Melo was never a #1 type player. its not fair to compare him to brunson. but when have we ever been fair to melo?
im bout dat action boss
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,516

Post#239 » by baldur » Thu May 9, 2024 2:27 am

Sounds about right.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,278

Post#240 » by Marvin Martian » Thu May 9, 2024 2:40 am

NoStatsGuy wrote:imagine prime melo on that team with brunson at the helms, solid roleplayers, a proper frontoffice and a solid coach. WOW

Melo might be the best #2 in NBA history. Melo was never a #1 type player. its not fair to compare him to brunson. but when have we ever been fair to melo?

Melo is overrated. He never did any of the little things to help teams win. All he cared about was scoring. He is no better than Randle

Return to The General Board