2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Mavericks vs. Clippers Series Result

Mavericks SWEEP!
2%
Mavericks 4-1
7%
Mavericks 4-2
43%
Mavericks 4-3
15%
Clippers SWEEP!
5%
Clippers 4-1
2%
Clippers 4-2
14%
Clippers 4-3
13%

Total votes: 352

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,593

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#3721 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 1, 2024 2:14 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote: I'm not worried about Maxi's feelings like you are,

Why are you posting like this lol? Do I think Maxi is crunching this board and feeling better because some random dude is pointing out he's holding his own?

Your need to invent positions to attack is kind of exhausting lol.

Maxi doesn't help on the court like you and others think. I was speaking from the Mavs perspective they're playing him out of loyalty over their 2 centers. They did it with Powell for a decade. He's supposed to be this great defender I don't see it, he's supposed to be great for offensive spacing, I don't see Dirk Nowitzki.

Just because I'm a Mavs fan doesn't mean I'm going to be like you and some others "yaay Maxi is great!" "Kidd is great!" "Cuban is great" not happening if I don't feel they're great.

Right, I get you think Maxi sucks.
Jason Kidd and I seem to think he's a playable option.

I don't cheerlead for the Mavs. Heck I'm not a Mavs mod any longer because the fanbase kept yelling at me in every thread because they thought Mavs mods jobs were to just excuse everything the Mavs did and never criticize them. That's never going to be so I let them find new blood who might take that tack.

Dwight Powell isn't playing because they now have rim runners in Gafford and Lively who offer a lot more defensively and on the glass. They don't have another guy like Maxi who can defend on the perimeter and who will take 3's. Is Maxi some elite player? Nope. Is he rotation worthy? Yep. And he has been in big games for years.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
PeteyPablo
Rookie
And1: 831

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#3722 » by PeteyPablo » Wed May 1, 2024 3:07 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
PeteyPablo wrote:Ok ladies and gentlemen

Game 5 is today in Los Angeles, CA.

Who ya got ?

Kawhi Leonard , the 2 time NBA finals MVP and champion will sit out.

If Kidd is benching both centers in the 4th again I have to go with the Clippers, not that I have any joy in that. I hoped he would learn his lesson but he says he plans for it to continue.

Will this be a case of Insanity for Kidd?

Albert Einstein definition :

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results .
Swish77
Junior
And1: 84

Post#3723 » by Swish77 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:44 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Why are you posting like this lol? Do I think Maxi is crunching this board and feeling better because some random dude is pointing out he's holding his own?

He just wants to argue and bash the team every time something goes wrong he thinks he knows it all and he's never wrong. I guess he should have been a NBA HC since he knows so much lol

Almost every one of your posts is doing what you're accusing me of thinking you're right about everything and putting other people down acting like you're the smartest guy in the room even on the Mavs board where we get along except for you and we're supposed to be on the same side instead you attack everyone. You even stopped posting for a few days after I called you out on it yet here you are again starting more drama. Ignore list for you and anyone that just wants to fight.

Well I was on vacation. Thank you for watching my every move that's kind of creepy. Also I'm not the smartest guy never want to be or need to be. And you want to argue again. SMH
Swish77
Junior
And1: 84

Post#3724 » by Swish77 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:46 pm

Who ya got ?

Mavs win the next 2.
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran
And1: 1,652

Post#3725 » by NBA4Lyfe » Wed May 1, 2024 6:57 pm

Swish77 wrote:

Who ya got ?

Mavs win the next 2.

lol yea right
zshawn10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,565

Post#3726 » by zshawn10 » Wed May 1, 2024 7:13 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bsTHbtMSqHXbNGi0vWP8hw
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#3727 » by madmaxmedia » Wed May 1, 2024 8:17 pm

Kawhi out, Luka hobbled. An extra day of rest for Luka, but also extra rest for James and PG. Setting my favoritism aside this is a coin toss game IMO, close enough that some X-factor is gonna shift it one way or the other.

Whoever wins tonight is likely winning the series though.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,989

Post#3728 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed May 1, 2024 8:43 pm

Read on Twitter

How the Mavs have defended Zubac. Maybe refs will do their jobs? He’s had a terrible whistle this series. Laughably bad
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#3729 » by aguiar95 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:18 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Read on Twitter

How the Mavs have defended Zubac. Maybe refs will do their jobs? He’s had a terrible whistle this series. Laughably bad

Boy do I feel the same for Derrick Jones Jr.
Texas Chuck
And1: 89,593

Post#3730 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 1, 2024 10:32 pm

Clippers having an ad on the side of the arena advertising flights from Dallas to Cancun is hilarious trolling and full marks to whomever is responsible. Clippers organization saying they are taking it down and disadvowing it btw. But funny stuff.

Sent from my SM-A136U using RealGM mobile app
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,989

Post#3731 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed May 1, 2024 10:45 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Clippers having an ad on the side of the arena advertising flights from Dallas to Cancun is hilarious trolling and full marks to whomever is responsible. Clippers organization saying they are taking it down and disadvowing it btw. But funny stuff.

It’s obviously a troll that wasn’t done by the team. It’s funny, but no team in a 2-2 series is going to risk giving an opponent extra motivation. Maybe Mark Cuban trying to fire up Luka.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,675

Post#3732 » by Chuck Everett » Wed May 1, 2024 11:51 pm

Amir Coffey has been invisible for the most part in this series, but he has had some big games during the regular season. I think tonight is an important game for him. Need at least 10-15 points from him. He's averaging 3.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 3,204

Post#3733 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 2, 2024 12:05 am

Chuck Everett wrote:Amir Coffey has been invisible for the most part in this series, but he has had some big games during the regular season. I think tonight is an important game for him. Need at least 10-15 points from him. He's averaging 3.

Clippers role players have already vastly outplayed Mavs roleplayers, now you want the one who hasn't went off to go off as well? :wink:
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,675

Post#3734 » by Chuck Everett » Thu May 2, 2024 12:09 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:Amir Coffey has been invisible for the most part in this series, but he has had some big games during the regular season. I think tonight is an important game for him. Need at least 10-15 points from him. He's averaging 3.

Clippers role players have already vastly outplayed Mavs roleplayers, now you want the one who hasn't went off to go off as well? :wink:

I had the Mavs winning this series in 6 games. I think Coffey's gonna have to do something though to make the prediction not come true. That being said, I also think Dante Exum needs to do something for Dallas. He's been pretty bad in the playoffs thus far on the offensive end. He's played 36 minutes in this series and I think he's made one basket.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
ChipotleWest
Analyst

Post#3735 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 2, 2024 12:11 am

Chuck Everett wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

I had the Mavs winning this series in 6 games. I think Coffey's gonna have to do something though to make the prediction not come true. That being said, I also think Dante Exum needs to do something for Dallas. He's been pretty bad in the playoffs thus far on the offensive end. He's played 36 minutes in this series and I think he's made one basket.

He's been unplayable against the Clippers, and Tim Hardaway Jr. is out while some are celebrating he can get hot but he can also shoot your team out of games as you probably know as a Knicks fan. Good or bad he was still our 3rd highest scorer this season. We're counting on hobbled Luka and Kyrie to do too much.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,666

Post#3736 » by Michael Jackson » Thu May 2, 2024 12:37 am

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Clippers having an ad on the side of the arena advertising flights from Dallas to Cancun is hilarious trolling and full marks to whomever is responsible. Clippers organization saying they are taking it down and disadvowing it btw. But funny stuff.

It’s obviously a troll that wasn’t done by the team. It’s funny, but no team in a 2-2 series is going to risk giving an opponent extra motivation. Maybe Mark Cuban trying to fire up Luka.

Ballmer might have done it with spare change he found in his couch
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,666

Post#3737 » by Michael Jackson » Thu May 2, 2024 12:38 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Maxi doesn't help on the court like you and others think. I was speaking from the Mavs perspective they're playing him out of loyalty over their 2 centers. They did it with Powell for a decade. He's supposed to be this great defender I don't see it, he's supposed to be great for offensive spacing, I don't see Dirk Nowitzki.

Just because I'm a Mavs fan doesn't mean I'm going to be like you and some others "yaay Maxi is great!" "Kidd is great!" "Cuban is great" not happening if I don't feel they're great.

Right, I get you think Maxi sucks.
Jason Kidd and I seem to think he's a playable option.

I don't cheerlead for the Mavs. Heck I'm not a Mavs mod any longer because the fanbase kept yelling at me in every thread because they thought Mavs mods jobs were to just excuse everything the Mavs did and never criticize them. That's never going to be so I let them find new blood who might take that tack.

Dwight Powell isn't playing because they now have rim runners in Gafford and Lively who offer a lot more defensively and on the glass. They don't have another guy like Maxi who can defend on the perimeter and who will take 3's. Is Maxi some elite player? Nope. Is he rotation worthy? Yep. And he has been in big games for years.

Ha the Bulls mod job is you get killed if you say anything positive about the team.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,569

Post#3738 » by HardenGoat » Thu May 2, 2024 12:45 am

I expect a completely different defensive gameplan by Dallas. My prediction is double teaming Harden most of the game. Otherwise Luka will be hunted relentlessly. Lue though has the luxury of several players able to bring the ball down and he’s night and day better than Doc at the PnR sets that free Harden up. Should be a great chess match tonight.
ChipotleWest
Analyst

Post#3739 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 2, 2024 1:06 am

HardenGoat wrote:I expect a completely different defensive gameplan by Dallas. My prediction is double teaming Harden most of the game. Otherwise Luka will be hunted relentlessly. Lue though has the luxury of several players able to bring the ball down and he’s night and day better than Doc at the PnR sets that free Harden up. Should be a great chess match tonight.

Kidd will play checkers while Lue plays chess, as usual.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#3740 » by tugs » Thu May 2, 2024 1:47 am

I just wanna see Kai Jones play, man

Return to The General Board