2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Mavericks vs. Clippers Series Result

Mavericks SWEEP!
2%
Mavericks 4-1
7%
Mavericks 4-2
43%
Mavericks 4-3
15%
Clippers SWEEP!
5%
Clippers 4-1
2%
Clippers 4-2
14%
Clippers 4-3
13%

Total votes: 352

chilluminati
Starter
And1: 4,068

Re: James Haren: All of the pressure is on Dallas tonight, not us 

Post#4281 » by chilluminati » Fri May 3, 2024 5:24 pm

Lol I love how we glaze the Clippers for having a strong roster all year and then stuff like this happens. Elimination isn't pressure? Even PG's quote. He starts with "The beauty of it" before telling us he doesn't care if they lose or win.
advent11
Junior
And1: 378

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL leads 3-2) 

Post#4282 » by advent11 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:24 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Mavericks big -8 favorites for Game 6.

Close out game definitely but question is if they can cover...

Will be interesting to see the OKC/Dallas series line if Dallas wins.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,730

Post#4283 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 5:24 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:This could really just go in the game thread.

Can you merge it plz?

I has no merge powers here. :D
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,542

Post#4284 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:27 pm

NBA4Lyfe checking on this thread right now

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,995

Post#4285 » by OkcSinceSGA » Fri May 3, 2024 5:28 pm

chilluminati wrote:Lol I love how we glaze the Clippers for having a strong roster all year and then stuff like this happens. Elimination isn't pressure? Even PG's quote. He starts with "The beauty of it" before telling us he doesn't care if they lose or win.

What’s crazy is he’s been saying similar quotes all 5 years. Basically “it is what it is” type vibe stuff. Like no man, you’re being paid 50 million a year to impose your will on winning. Not defer. Not say you’ll live with results.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,155

Post#4286 » by UcanUwill » Fri May 3, 2024 5:30 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:This could really just go in the game thread.

Can you merge it plz?

I has no merge powers here. :D

Texas Chuck has no power here!!! Hasn't killed the Balrog yet.

/Sorry, too nerdy?
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,542

Post#4287 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:32 pm

Also, gotta love the James "Haren" typo, :lol:

Here's Ronaldinho Gaúcho's one of many haren-style parties, if you will.
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,642

Post#4288 » by shi-woo » Fri May 3, 2024 5:36 pm

That's not too good for the Clips then, not the biggest fan of Luka or Kyrie, butthose guys are more diamond than they are coal when the pressure turns up :lol:

I expect those guys to both go for 35+ tonight
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,528

Post#4289 » by PistolPeteJR » Fri May 3, 2024 5:37 pm

Love me some James Haren
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,995

Post#4290 » by OkcSinceSGA » Fri May 3, 2024 5:39 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:Also, gotta love the James "Haren" typo, :lol:

Here's Ronaldinho Gaúcho's one of many haren-style parties, if you will.

It’s because he’s got no D.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
SweaterBae
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,118

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL leads 3-2) 

Post#4291 » by SweaterBae » Fri May 3, 2024 5:45 pm

People appreciate honesty. I just don't understand why people can't just keep it real.

"Of course we feel pressure, it's a win or go home situation." Done, easy, nobody has an issue.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,143

Post#4292 » by sunsbg » Fri May 3, 2024 5:54 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
chilluminati wrote:Lol I love how we glaze the Clippers for having a strong roster all year and then stuff like this happens. Elimination isn't pressure? Even PG's quote. He starts with "The beauty of it" before telling us he doesn't care if they lose or win.

What’s crazy is he’s been saying similar quotes all 5 years. Basically “it is what it is” type vibe stuff. Like no man, you’re being paid 50 million a year to impose your will on winning. Not defer. Not say you’ll live with results.

"The beauty of it" sounds a lot like Booker's "It's the greatest two words in sports" for Gm 7 before Mavs game in '22. Both are very good players, but not trust worthy in important playoff games.
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,463

Post#4293 » by WestbrookGOATed » Fri May 3, 2024 6:14 pm

MFT5 wrote:
WestbrookGOATed wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
Luka playng on a busted knee, you think that's funny? If he does outplay SG on one knee, it would pretty clearly establish him as a tier above, which most of that have watched the two of them already know. SGA is one of the best players in the game today. Luka is one of the best players in the history of the game. It's like comparing the Mailman to the Dream. They're both great, but one is clearly greater.
I get your bias as a Mavs fan, I'm also obviously a tad biased as a Thunder fan. But to say Luka is one of the best players in the history of the game? That's a knee slapper. The guy has made one conference finals appearance in 5 years. He and Shai were in the same draft yet he's accomplished nothing more except for his 1 trip to the WCF. Man, that's some really hard-core homerism :lol:

i didn’t knw SGA made 1st Team ALL NBA 5xs … impressive he was en the same draft class also ?!? he didn’t win ROY ?!? why not ?!?
Luka hasn't made 1st team 5 times. He's made it 4 and Shais made it once. Are you telling me that and winning ROY make him better than Shai? Lol. Shai also only played 91 games in 2 of the last 3 seasons. How deep the Thunder go in the playoffs will determine who's better than who. Bum knee or not.
MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#4294 » by MassimoPayne » Fri May 3, 2024 7:01 pm

WestbrookGOATed wrote:
MFT5 wrote:
WestbrookGOATed wrote:I get your bias as a Mavs fan, I'm also obviously a tad biased as a Thunder fan. But to say Luka is one of the best players in the history of the game? That's a knee slapper. The guy has made one conference finals appearance in 5 years. He and Shai were in the same draft yet he's accomplished nothing more except for his 1 trip to the WCF. Man, that's some really hard-core homerism :lol:

i didn’t knw SGA made 1st Team ALL NBA 5xs … impressive he was en the same draft class also ?!? he didn’t win ROY ?!? why not ?!?
Luka hasn't made 1st team 5 times. He's made it 4 and Shais made it once. Are you telling me that and winning ROY make him better than Shai? Lol. Shai also only played 91 games in 2 of the last 3 seasons. How deep the Thunder go in the playoffs will determine who's better than who. Bum knee or not.

All NBA teams and ROY is exactly what you take to measure it.
And that he hasn't played a lot in 2 seasons is also not Luka's fault who was always available
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,840

Post#4295 » by madmaxmedia » Fri May 3, 2024 7:20 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:

He does this so often, and it 100% comes off as a soft guy trying to be hard.

Plus what he said makes no sense anyway. Just because you worked hard in the summer, doesn't mean that everything after that is auto-pilot. There are a thousand micro decisions to be made in every single game of basketball, a thousand chances to put your hard work and preparation on the line for your team.

OTOH look at Luka's comments after Game 4, talking about how much he felt he disappointed his team and needed to do a better job. Not afraid of copping to his feelings and because of that being able to summon the resolution to do better.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,640

Post#4296 » by EmpireFalls » Fri May 3, 2024 7:35 pm

This almost certainly ends tonight now, right?
Texas Chuck
And1: 89,730

Post#4297 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 7:39 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:OTOH look at Luka's comments after Game 4, talking about how much he felt he disappointed his team and needed to do a better job. Not afraid of copping to his feelings and because of that being able to summon the resolution to do better.

So Luka always says the right things. He takes personal responsibility always. He then frequently goes right back to doing the things that led him to having to take responsibility.

Harden may say the wrong things, but its hard to argue with how he's been playing in this series.

The Mavs don't follow Luka because of what he says--they follow him because they know he's doing everything possible to win every game and they know they go as far as he takes them.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,453

Post#4298 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 3, 2024 7:56 pm

WestbrookGOATed wrote:
MFT5 wrote:
WestbrookGOATed wrote:I get your bias as a Mavs fan, I'm also obviously a tad biased as a Thunder fan. But to say Luka is one of the best players in the history of the game? That's a knee slapper. The guy has made one conference finals appearance in 5 years. He and Shai were in the same draft yet he's accomplished nothing more except for his 1 trip to the WCF. Man, that's some really hard-core homerism :lol:

If one clearly out plays the other than sure, but it's a team game. This notion that in 1 series it's determined one's career is better than the other just by who's team wins the series is silly. They could meet up again next playoffs and the other team wins, now suddenly is the other player better? Are they tied?
"The best ability is availability"

Not if the player sucks a**.
MFT5
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#4299 » by MFT5 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:02 pm

WestbrookGOATed wrote:
MFT5 wrote:

yu sound like a idiot lol if yu dnt think luka making all nba 1st team this year you’re more cooked than you’re projecting lol.

This years team success doesn’t determine if one is better than the other bc that’s already been established lol when luka made it 2 the WCF nobody said “that officially makes luka better than SGA” lol what’s understood doesn’t have to be explained. sga has never & never will be a status holder like that of Luka Doncic sorry

Sga fans want there to be a competition between sga & luka lol it’s not a thing to the mavs fans. lukas competition is futue HOFamers and maybe 1/2 current players en his age range (giannis & joker) and even they are not his peers tbh lol

Sga is a good player, slightly overrated imo but a good player none the less. luka is en route to be a GOAT type player. it’s levels. these “amazing” games y’all see sga having are decent games by lukas standards.

think about this. luka is avging 30 9 n 9 this series and the talk is luka is not playing good lol.

Strike: Personal Attack
MFT5
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#4300 » by MFT5 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:07 pm

MassimoPayne wrote:
WestbrookGOATed wrote:
MFT5 wrote:

All NBA teams and ROY is exactly what you take to measure it.
And that he hasn't played a lot in 2 seasons is also not Luka's fault who was always available

bros a idiot. really said how far either team
gets determines who’s better lol like did he not watch kd win 2 rings against lebron. Nobody says kd is better than lebron lol. idk what josh giddey doing to these lil girls but they gotta stop posting on this site lol

Return to The General Board