2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Mavericks vs. Clippers Series Result

Mavericks SWEEP!
2%
Mavericks 4-1
7%
Mavericks 4-2
43%
Mavericks 4-3
15%
Clippers SWEEP!
5%
Clippers 4-1
2%
Clippers 4-2
14%
Clippers 4-3
13%

Total votes: 352

Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,891

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL leads 3-2) 

Post#4261 » by Patches Perry » Fri May 3, 2024 1:15 am

As a Thunder fan I'm not uniquely afraid of Dallas or any of the remaining teams honestly, I just think OKC lacks playoff experience and you have to think that will be a factor at some point, whether Dallas, LAC or Denver or Minnesota. I mean, Kyrie has played like twice as many playoff games as all of the Thunder rotation combined.

Most of OKC's rotation hasn't even felt what it feels like to lose a single playoff game. What OKC has done this season is impressive, but there's just a certain amount of heartbreak required in your first playoff run or two before you put it all together.
SportsGuru08
Pro Prospect
And1: 721

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL leads 3-2) 

Post#4262 » by SportsGuru08 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:01 am

Swish1906 wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:The Clippers are done. That was one of the most gutless performances in a critical game I have ever seen in my life.

The famous Suns game is just two years ago 8-)

I said "one of".
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,382

Post#4263 » by durden_tyler » Fri May 3, 2024 2:22 am

therealbig3 wrote:I’d love to pile on the Clippers as much as anyone (Lue, Harden, Westbrook, George), but they’re without their best player and were underdogs going into this series. The fact that they’ve taken at least 2 games and still have a chance to win the series is pretty impressive.

They were not underdogs entering the series. At best, it was a toss up (they would have been favored with a 100% Kawhi)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#4264 » by MassimoPayne » Fri May 3, 2024 2:45 am

The clippers were the favorites, don't play that down.

I can't hear the excuses with Kawhi anymore. This is not bad luck. This happened so many times with him. Actually it exactly happened what was about to be expected. He is hurt. Again. He didn't finish a season for the fourth time in a row.
bovice
Pro Prospect
And1: 949

Post#4265 » by bovice » Fri May 3, 2024 3:45 am

MassimoPayne wrote:The clippers were the favorites, don't play that down.

I can't hear the excuses with Kawhi anymore. This is not bad luck. This happened so many times with him. Actually it exactly happened what was about to be expected. He is hurt. Again. He didn't finish a season for the fourth time in a row.

series line was -150 Mavs at tip off
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,260

Post#4266 » by Edrees » Fri May 3, 2024 4:32 am

ryguy613 wrote:
Edrees wrote:
ryguy613 wrote:I think some people in this thread are getting a little ahead of themselves, acting as if OKC vs DAL is inevitable. This series has been completely unpredictable. I'm not sure I can remember a series with less consistency from game to game, or where the outcomes tend to stray so far from pre-game predictions. You hear Kawhi wont play game 1, you assume the Mavs should come out and send a message at the start of the series... Clips win game 1 easily. You hear Kawhi is back for game 2, and you start thinking the Mavs are in trouble... Mavs win. Game 3 was about what I expected. Game 4, again you hear Kawhi is out and youre saying to yourself, there's no way the Mavs are gonna let a Kawhi-less Clippers team beat them in another playoff game, especially not on their home court... Clips win. You hear Luka is really hurting heading into game 5, and the Clips have already won all their games without Kawhi. Heading home in a series swaying kind of game you think the Clippers will get the series lead back.... Clips lose by 30.

So do i think it would make the most sense for the Mavs to close this out at home in game 6? Of Course. Am I confident that's going to happen, knowing how everything else has gone in this series? No, I'm not confident at all. All of the players in this series are having wild consistency swings. Luka looks off, Luka looks great. Harden is on fire, Harden disappears. PG cant hit a shot, PG cant miss a shot. Who the hell knows whats gonna happen Friday?

To me it's not that unpredictable. I predicted Kawhi would be hobbled and miss games before the series started. I predicted Mavs in 6 before it started. It's not that hard to see that the Clippers without a healthy Kawhi just aren't that good of a team. Dallas has figured out the Kawhi less clippers (it was a novelty that worked its magic at the beginning but that luck/surprise runs out) and now they know what to do. This will end tomorrow unless dallas injuries.

i also called Mavs in 6 at the beginning of the series, but i figured it was gonna go Mavs, Clips, Mavs, Mavs, Clips, Mavs. Through game 5 its almost been the exact opposite. Through 4 games, The clips win the 2 where their best player doesnt play, and lost the 2 where he did play. Luka looked truly hurt coming into game 5, and that was by far his best game and the mavs best game. This is kinda all over the map in terms of game to game momentum. I just cant say i know whats gonna happen tomorrow. All it takes is another game where Harden and PG shoot 20 3's and knock down half of em, and it might be enough to extend the series.

Luka has awoken, I think the mavs will survive harden and PG both being hot at this point. it'll just make it a 3-5 point win
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran
And1: 1,652

Post#4267 » by NBA4Lyfe » Fri May 3, 2024 5:47 am

Edrees wrote:
ryguy613 wrote:
Edrees wrote:
To me it's not that unpredictable. I predicted Kawhi would be hobbled and miss games before the series started. I predicted Mavs in 6 before it started. It's not that hard to see that the Clippers without a healthy Kawhi just aren't that good of a team. Dallas has figured out the Kawhi less clippers (it was a novelty that worked its magic at the beginning but that luck/surprise runs out) and now they know what to do. This will end tomorrow unless dallas injuries.

i also called Mavs in 6 at the beginning of the series, but i figured it was gonna go Mavs, Clips, Mavs, Mavs, Clips, Mavs. Through game 5 its almost been the exact opposite. Through 4 games, The clips win the 2 where their best player doesnt play, and lost the 2 where he did play. Luka looked truly hurt coming into game 5, and that was by far his best game and the mavs best game. This is kinda all over the map in terms of game to game momentum. I just cant say i know whats gonna happen tomorrow. All it takes is another game where Harden and PG shoot 20 3's and knock down half of em, and it might be enough to extend the series.

Luka has awoken, I think the mavs will survive harden and PG both being hot at this point. it'll just make it a 3-5 point win

haven’t seen you post in here all series. must mean harden was playing well lol
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#4268 » by durden_tyler » Fri May 3, 2024 7:01 am

Mavericks big -8 favorites for Game 6.

Close out game definitely but question is if they can cover...
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,148

Post#4270 » by therealbig3 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:53 am

durden_tyler wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I’d love to pile on the Clippers as much as anyone (Lue, Harden, Westbrook, George), but they’re without their best player and were underdogs going into this series. The fact that they’ve taken at least 2 games and still have a chance to win the series is pretty impressive.

They were not underdogs entering the series. At best, it was a toss up (they would have been favored with a 100% Kawhi)

Idk what the Vegas line was, but most of the media seemed to pick the Mavs, as well as the forum here, especially with the news of Kawhi’s injury. Mavs were also red hot to close the season and the Clippers were not.

Kawhi is always hurt, that’s true, but it doesn’t change the fact that the Clippers are down their best player. It should probably always limit expectations for them, because you can’t rely on his health, but you can’t also treat them as if they’re the same team if he was healthy.
MFT5
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#4271 » by MFT5 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:07 am

WestbrookGOATed wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
WestbrookGOATed wrote:This entire comment is foolish. But, it's a great example of why I want the Mavs so bad. Because I believe this series will solidify SGA as the MVP and the Luka Lovers will have to sulk. I can already see it now, "LuKa WaSnT hEaLtHy"

Luka playng on a busted knee, you think that's funny? If he does outplay SG on one knee, it would pretty clearly establish him as a tier above, which most of that have watched the two of them already know. SGA is one of the best players in the game today. Luka is one of the best players in the history of the game. It's like comparing the Mailman to the Dream. They're both great, but one is clearly greater.
I get your bias as a Mavs fan, I'm also obviously a tad biased as a Thunder fan. But to say Luka is one of the best players in the history of the game? That's a knee slapper. The guy has made one conference finals appearance in 5 years. He and Shai were in the same draft yet he's accomplished nothing more except for his 1 trip to the WCF. Man, that's some really hard-core homerism :lol:

i didn’t knw SGA made 1st Team ALL NBA 5xs … impressive he was en the same draft class also ?!? he didn’t win ROY ?!? why not ?!?
UglyBugBall
Senior
And1: 730

Post#4272 » by UglyBugBall » Fri May 3, 2024 11:08 am

WestbrookGOATed wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
WestbrookGOATed wrote:This entire comment is foolish. But, it's a great example of why I want the Mavs so bad. Because I believe this series will solidify SGA as the MVP and the Luka Lovers will have to sulk. I can already see it now, "LuKa WaSnT hEaLtHy"

Luka playng on a busted knee, you think that's funny? If he does outplay SG on one knee, it would pretty clearly establish him as a tier above, which most of that have watched the two of them already know. SGA is one of the best players in the game today. Luka is one of the best players in the history of the game. It's like comparing the Mailman to the Dream. They're both great, but one is clearly greater.
You're solidifying my comment. If Luka outplays Shai on 1 knee he's CLEARLY better. If he doesn't and the Mavs lose it was because of Lukas knee. See what I mean? You're setting up a scenario where no matter what Luka comes out on top :lol:

I didn't set up the scenario though. I didn't bust Lukas need. I'd prefer him fully healthy for our playoff chances. But you cant just deny reality and say he's as healthy as Shai right now
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 941

Post#4273 » by Captain_Obvious » Fri May 3, 2024 11:43 am

CodeBreaker wrote:Is Kawhi playing?

Multiple reports he is ruled out for game 6 - but maybe just a smokescreen?
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 817

Post#4274 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 12:13 pm

Mavs win tomorrow
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#4275 » by durden_tyler » Fri May 3, 2024 1:21 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:
CodeBreaker wrote:Is Kawhi playing?

Multiple reports he is ruled out for game 6 - but maybe just a smokescreen?

Smokescreen for whose favor though? Everyone, including his teammates, know they have a better chance of winning if he does not play. LOL

hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,384

Post#4276 » by hardenASG13 » Fri May 3, 2024 3:36 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Mavericks big -8 favorites for Game 6.

Close out game definitely but question is if they can cover...

I think they cover. I don't trust George or Harden much in an elimination game, especially if they start slow. Dallas wants no part of a game 7, and if they have a lead midway through I can see LA folding and getting run out of the gym with Dallas pulling away and winning comfortably by double digits.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,995

James Haren: All of the pressure is on Dallas tonight, not us 

Post#4277 » by OkcSinceSGA » Fri May 3, 2024 5:19 pm

Read on Twitter

This is something someone with an IQ of 85 thinks of. The mentality of him and PG with these quotes is so pathetically not competitive.

Bonus quote from the mental midget Clippers:

Read on Twitter
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,709

Re: James Haren: All of the pressure is on Dallas tonight, not us 

Post#4278 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 5:22 pm

This could really just go in the game thread.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#4279 » by tcheco » Fri May 3, 2024 5:22 pm

I do think he believes that, and if he loses, he won't be sad, barely frustrated.

Most players are like that it seems. Kinda frustrating if you are a fan of that team, honestly
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,995

Post#4280 » by OkcSinceSGA » Fri May 3, 2024 5:23 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:This could really just go in the game thread.

Can you merge it plz?
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.

Return to The General Board