2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Mavericks vs. Clippers Series Result

Mavericks SWEEP!
2%
Mavericks 4-1
7%
Mavericks 4-2
43%
Mavericks 4-3
15%
Clippers SWEEP!
5%
Clippers 4-1
2%
Clippers 4-2
14%
Clippers 4-3
13%

Total votes: 352

HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,250

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2) 

Post#5041 » by HotRocks34 » Sat May 4, 2024 4:55 am

You're the problem James Harden. Buh bye.

Read on Twitter
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,582

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL leads 3-2) 

Post#5042 » by stuporman » Sat May 4, 2024 4:55 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
stuporman wrote:Luka riding another little scoring guard to playoff success, maybe this time he will cherish what he has in Kyrie and has learned from taking Brunson for granted so not pushing to keep him around.

So now it's Luka's fault for not offering Brunson a huge contract? Hilarious the stuff people will come up with to criticize this guy. You'd think he shot their dog. :lol:

Is that what I said? Or is that what you want to argue? You can argue that strawman but you don't need me to do it, though.

If Luka as the face of the Mavs franchise says to the FO 'hey, keep this guy around, I need him' when Brunson wanted to sign a 4yr/$55mil contract two different times, the Mavs wouldn't have said 'nah'.

Does that sound more plausible? Or are you going to argue against that other scenario you want to place on me?
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 934

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL leads 3-2) 

Post#5043 » by bubonicphoniks » Sat May 4, 2024 4:56 am

NBA4Lyfe wrote:
bubonicphoniks wrote:System man should be able to win with anyone...it's a system right!!!??? Oh actually he cant win with ANYONE

system man has never missed the playoffs.. can fluka and his empty numbers say that

I ain't talkin about Luka.

Im talkin about Harden...and he better not miss the playoff with the team mates he's had.

But go ahead and keep on lowering that bar.
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran
And1: 1,652

Post#5044 » by NBA4Lyfe » Sat May 4, 2024 4:56 am

BeiBeau wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
NBA4Lyfe is mixing up Harden and MJ, his bad.

why is luka so overrated when he has won nothing

Deflecting cause you’re dead wrong, said something embarrassing, and showed us all you know nothing?

luka will never be better than harden until he improves his shooting lol
Speadge
Junior
And1: 302

Post#5045 » by Speadge » Sat May 4, 2024 4:57 am

stuporman wrote:
Speadge wrote:
stuporman wrote:
I seem to have touched a nerve... :lol:

Nah, it was just an extremely silly argument I needed to respond to.

Brunson helped him get past the first round and all the way to the WCF then after he was gone Luka couldn't get the Mavs to the playoffs by himself. While Brunson goes over to the knicks and leads them to the second round of the playoffs two seasons in a row.

So silly...

And what precisely should 23-year-old Luka have done back then, considering Brunson finally had a few weeks of excellent balling?

Let me help you to refresh memory.
For three and a half years, this was Brunson's performance: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/brunsja01/gamelog/2021#all_pgl_basic_playoffs
He was a one-dimensional player incapable of creating for anyone other than himself. By the time he began to play really good (at the end of 2022 season) it was already too late. It was already decided that he would join NYK, where his father became the coach.

So what precisely should 23-year-old Luka have done in the last few weeks to keep Brunson? I'm sorry, but blaming Luka for not keeping Brunson in Dallas is just silly.
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran

Post#5046 » by NBA4Lyfe » Sat May 4, 2024 4:57 am

bubonicphoniks wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:
bubonicphoniks wrote:System man should be able to win with anyone...it's a system right!!!??? Oh actually he cant win with ANYONE

system man has never missed the playoffs.. can fluka and his empty numbers say that

Im talkin about Harden...and he better not miss the playoff with the team mates he's had.

fun fact, the okc thunder had the 3rd worst record in 2009, they draft harden and win 50 games the next season

harden was elite by his 3rd season, his impact metrics were insane and BETTER THAN lukas lol

only casuals who dont understand basketball would say luka is better than prime harden
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,408

Post#5047 » by ChipotleWest » Sat May 4, 2024 4:58 am

stuporman wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
stuporman wrote:Luka riding another little scoring guard to playoff success, maybe this time he will cherish what he has in Kyrie and has learned from taking Brunson for granted so not pushing to keep him around.

So now it's Luka's fault for not offering Brunson a huge contract? Hilarious the stuff people will come up with to criticize this guy. You'd think he shot their dog. :lol:

Is that what I said? Or is that what you want to argue? You can argue that strawman but you don't need me to do it, though.

If Luka as the face of the Mavs franchise says to the FO 'hey, keep this guy around, I need him' when Brunson wanted to sign a 4yr/$55mil contract two different times, the Mavs wouldn't have said 'nah'.

Does that sound more plausible? Or are you going to argue against that other scenario you want to place on me?

You don't know the inner working of the Mavs organization to decide "Luka should have told them this or that" it's just nonsensical criticism.

What if Luka decides to stay out of other player contract negotiations? He has ever right to do so.
"The best ability is availability"

Not if the player sucks a**.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,177

Post#5048 » by BeiBeau » Sat May 4, 2024 4:58 am

NBA4Lyfe wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:

Deflecting cause you’re dead wrong, said something embarrassing, and showed us all you know nothing?

Cry more. You’re the biggest joke on this board.

Harden is a **** basketball player and one of the most overrated of all time.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,105

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2) 

Post#5049 » by tmorgan » Sat May 4, 2024 4:58 am

One thing is for sure… Luka’s gonna need to plsy significantly better than this to beat OKC.

Rooting for a great series. Two, actually, in the WC. The EC series are likely gonna suck.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,650

Post#5050 » by NCHeels2008 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:00 am

Patches Perry wrote:It's still wild to me how normal Kawhi's postseason injury has become. It's every year at this point and we just expect it.

Joel has the same issue but plays through it
boogiezen
Senior
And1: 422

Post#5051 » by boogiezen » Sat May 4, 2024 5:01 am

stuporman wrote:
Speadge wrote:

What are you even talking about? That's an extremely silly argument.
Luka was what? 23 years old back then? And Brunson was a one-dimensional player incapable of creating for others for three and a half years. He started to show signs of life in the second half of the 2021/2022 season when it was already too late. He completely vanished in the 2020/21 playoffs.
In 2022/23, he was great - for the first year, he was really great, but by then, it was already decided that he would go to NYK. So what exactly should Luka, who was only 23 years old back then, do?

I seem to have touched a nerve... :lol:

Nah. I think you forgot how Luka performed against the Suns in 2022. Brunson wasn't even a factor in that series. The management just messed up his contract because they thought Giannis will be available after that clown Cuban passed on him in the draft.
Maybe it's better not to be the best. Then you can lose and it's OK. - Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993)
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran

Post#5052 » by NBA4Lyfe » Sat May 4, 2024 5:01 am

BeiBeau wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Cry more. You’re the biggest joke on this board.

Harden is a **** basketball player and one of the most overrated of all time.

imagine stanning a player with this highest usage rate in league who basically stole hardens style and is loved while harden is hated lol
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,250

Post#5053 » by HotRocks34 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:02 am

NCHeels2008 wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:It's still wild to me how normal Kawhi's postseason injury has become. It's every year at this point and we just expect it.

Joel has the same issue but plays through it

Kawhi has won something and Embiid has won nothing.

Maybe Embiid should rest his knee more.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran

Post#5054 » by NBA4Lyfe » Sat May 4, 2024 5:02 am

luka shot like crap this entire series... overrated loser

got carried by kyrie
Speadge
Junior
And1: 302

Post#5055 » by Speadge » Sat May 4, 2024 5:02 am

stuporman wrote:

Nah, the problem here is that people have short memories when looking back. At the time Brunson wanted a 4-y4/$55 million contract, he wasn't worth that money. He didn't excel in anything except driving to the basket. He was a one-dimensional player who completely disappeared in the 2020/2021 playoffs.
And when he actually became worth that money (by the end of 2022), they weren't able to keep him. Not even for more money. Let me ask you again, how is that Luka's fault? What should a 23-year-old kid do regarding other players contract negotiations?
advent11
Junior
And1: 378

Post#5056 » by advent11 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:03 am

NBA4Lyfe wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:

Luka shot 38.2% from 3 on 10.6 attempts per game this year. That's better than any Harden season.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,271

Post#5057 » by CobraCommander » Sat May 4, 2024 5:03 am

NBA4Lyfe wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:

that dude is a luka fan

Here's what we can say without dispute:

Luka never beat the Clips until Harden joined them.

If only Jimmy had gotten there sooner.

Buh bye Beard.

luka might be the most overrated nba player i have seen since manu ginobili and shawn marion lol

The one thing for certain is he was his 3 point shot looks horrible right now -

Again this is on Kidd to tell a guy shooting 1-10 don’t shoot 10 3s a game damnit - it’s letting the other team stick around
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,582

Post#5058 » by stuporman » Sat May 4, 2024 5:04 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
stuporman wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

You don't know the inner working of the Mavs organization to decide "Luka should have told them this or that" it's just nonsensical criticism.

Again...did I say Luka 'should have' done anything? No, again, this is another strawman your fandom is creating to argue out an obvious mistake your team made.

I said 'if' he did then the org would have extended him for 4yr/$55mil one of the two times Brunson told them he'd sign for. Obviously he didn't, he DID NOT push the Mavs to keep him or as the face of the franchise is seems very likely they would have signed the deal.

I don't need to know the 'inner workings' of any specific organization to know the inner workings of human nature and social dynamics.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 934

Post#5059 » by bubonicphoniks » Sat May 4, 2024 5:05 am

NBA4Lyfe wrote:
bubonicphoniks wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:

fun fact, the okc thunder had the 3rd worst record in 2009, they draft harden and win 50 games the next season

harden was elite by his 3rd season, his impact metrics were insane and BETTER THAN lukas lol

only casuals who dont understand basketball would say luka is better than prime harden
Well, that is a fun fact. It means very little right now.

I agree Harden was elite...key word WAS...he is now a joke and a team destroyer.

I guess you can't read. I never said anything about Luka.
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran

Post#5060 » by NBA4Lyfe » Sat May 4, 2024 5:06 am

bubonicphoniks wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:
bubonicphoniks wrote:

Well, that is a fun fact. It means very little right now.

I agree Harden was elite...key word WAS...he is now a joke and a team destroyer.

I guess you can't read. I never said anything about Luka.

harden is a team destroyed but every team he leaves gets worse haha

Return to The General Board