2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Mavericks vs. Clippers Series Result

Mavericks SWEEP!
2%
Mavericks 4-1
7%
Mavericks 4-2
43%
Mavericks 4-3
15%
Clippers SWEEP!
5%
Clippers 4-1
2%
Clippers 4-2
14%
Clippers 4-3
13%

Total votes: 352

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,519

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL leads 3-2) 

Post#4301 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 3, 2024 8:20 pm

Luka Tha Don will close this out tonight.

PG and Harden ain't them dudes anymore.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,708

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL leads 3-2) 

Post#4302 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 8:20 pm

MFT5 wrote:Sga fans want there to be a competition between sga & luka lol it’s not a thing to the mavs fans. lukas competition is futue HOFamers and maybe 1/2 current players en his age range (giannis & joker) and even they are not his peers tbh lol

You don't actually speak for all of us. :D

Luka has very clearly had the superior career to date regardless of your standards--individual or team success. But if we are talking about this season, SGA's team was clearly better and one can make a very credible argument SGA had a better individual season than Luka.

It's okay for their guy to be really good too. It in no way takes away from Luka. No idea why some of you still believe its zero sum that in order for the guy I love to be seen as the bestest ever that I must slight other players thinking that somehow elevates your guy. It simply doesn't work like that.

And once you realize that you can relax a bit. :D
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 2,052

Post#4303 » by Blazing_royale » Fri May 3, 2024 8:37 pm

PG - get paid and if i lose i lose.
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
MFT5
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#4304 » by MFT5 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:45 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
MFT5 wrote:Sga fans want there to be a competition between sga & luka lol it’s not a thing to the mavs fans. lukas competition is futue HOFamers and maybe 1/2 current players en his age range (giannis & joker) and even they are not his peers tbh lol

Luka has very clearly had the superior career to date regardless of your standards--individual or team success. But if we are talking about this season, SGA's team was clearly better and one can make a very credible argument SGA had a better individual season than Luka.

It's okay for their guy to be really good too. It in no way takes away from Luka. No idea why some of you still believe its zero sum that in order for the guy I love to be seen as the bestest ever that I must slight other players thinking that somehow elevates your guy. It simply doesn't work like that.

WTH are yu talking about i literally said sga is a good player imo opinion overrated but a good player … and no there’s en no way sgas individual season was better than lukas lol 34 9 n 9 is one of the greatest season ALL TIME.

i’m completely relaxed basketball is just a sport 4 entertainment.

i’m not slighting anyone 2 raise anyone up … you’re making my point 4 me en ppl wanting yu use luka to prop up sga lol

he’s a good player that’s it. the comparison is a coping issue for those fans when there is no comparison.

just bc someone objectively lays out a viewpoint that yu disagree with, simply acknowledging my opposition to your perspective doesn’t invalidate the claim.

Luka doncic is better @ basketball that sga. arguing w that is lunacy. so argue w yourself i guess
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,741

Post#4305 » by Dirk » Fri May 3, 2024 8:51 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Mavericks big -8 favorites for Game 6.

Close out game definitely but question is if they can cover...

Everyone likes to pile on the Clips, but can't trust the Mavs in this position. Paul George is capable of exploding (as he demonstrated the last time in Dallas), Harden is also playing for a contract and the Mavs simply haven't been shooting the ball well... so I figure this is not going to be a blow out. The Clippers will show their pride.
60/21/10
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,404

Post#4306 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 3, 2024 9:05 pm

Dirk wrote:

Everyone likes to pile on the Clips, but can't trust the Mavs in this position. Paul George is capable of exploding (as he demonstrated the last time in Dallas), Harden is also playing for a contract and the Mavs simply haven't been shooting the ball well... so I figure this is not going to be a blow out. The Clippers will show their pride.

Clippers have dictated the series IMO. Every time they come out bombing 3's they win the game, every time they can't hit 3's they lose.

Mavs actually have won every second half of every game, but in the two losses they got behind 30 points in the first half.

I'm optimistic that Dallas will win but I'm not 100% sure at all. Home team has only won two games while the road team has won three. It's like both teams play better on the road than at home.
"The best ability is availability"

Not if the player sucks a**.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,102

Post#4307 » by ejftw » Fri May 3, 2024 9:08 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Dirk wrote:

Clippers have dictated the series IMO. Every time they come out with a free flowing offense, they've won. Every time they have come out trying to force something, either reintegration of Kawhi or head hunting Luka, they have lost.

Mavs actually have won every second half of every game, but the in the two losses they got behind 30 points in the first half.

I'm optimistic that Dallas will win but I'm not 100% sure at all. Home team has only won two games while the road team has won three. It's like both teams play better on the road than at home.

Ftfy (:
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#4308 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 3, 2024 9:10 pm

ejftw wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Dirk wrote:

Clippers have dictated the series IMO. Every time they come out with a free flowing offense, they've won. Every time they have come out trying to force something, either reintegration of Kawhi or head hunting Luka, they have lost.

Mavs actually have won every second half of every game, but the in the two losses they got behind 30 points in the first half.

Ftfy (:

That's another way of putting it, but in the two wins they shot a ridiculous 62% and 50% from 3.

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,519

Post#4309 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 3, 2024 9:11 pm

Blazing_royale wrote:PG - get paid and if i lose i lose.

The PG way. 8-)
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#4310 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 3, 2024 9:19 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Blazing_royale wrote:PG - get paid and if i lose i lose.

The PG way. 8-)

PG is usually bad in the playoffs, but nobody collects dem checks like Tobias Harris. He averaged 9 ppg in the series the Sixers just lost and scored 0 in the close out game while making 39 million this season. At least PG has averaged 20 ppg this series. The Sixers are going to pursue George in the offseason to replace Harris, that's a huge upgrade. Almost anyone is for the money he was making.

Big nick
Senior
And1: 352

Post#4311 » by Big nick » Fri May 3, 2024 9:24 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Luka Tha Don will close this out tonight.

PG and Harden ain't them dudes anymore.

Harden never was one of those dudes he's a career choker.
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,457

Post#4312 » by WestbrookGOATed » Fri May 3, 2024 9:47 pm

MFT5 wrote:
MassimoPayne wrote:
WestbrookGOATed wrote:Luka hasn't made 1st team 5 times. He's made it 4 and Shais made it once. Are you telling me that and winning ROY make him better than Shai? Lol. Shai also only played 91 games in 2 of the last 3 seasons. How deep the Thunder go in the playoffs will determine who's better than who. Bum knee or not.

All NBA teams and ROY is exactly what you take to measure it.
And that he hasn't played a lot in 2 seasons is also not Luka's fault who was always available

bros a idiot. really said how far either team
gets determines who’s better lol like did he not watch kd win 2 rings against lebron. Nobody says kd is better than lebron lol. idk what josh giddey doing to these lil girls but they gotta stop posting on this site lol
You can't even spell correctly and you're calling me an idiot? I get that you're a Mavs fan but you're living in an absolute dream world. Let me leave it at this, IF the Mavs even beat the Clippers(a first round bounce would be beautiful) I'm going to enjoy my team knocking out your bum squad and your man crush Luka.
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran

Post#4313 » by WestbrookGOATed » Fri May 3, 2024 9:51 pm

MFT5 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

WTH are yu talking about i literally said sga is a good player imo opinion overrated but a good player … and no there’s en no way sgas individual season was better than lukas lol 34 9 n 9 is one of the greatest season ALL TIME.

i’m not slighting anyone 2 raise anyone up … you’re making my point 4 me en ppl wanting yu use luka to prop up sga lol

he’s a good player that’s it. the comparison is a coping issue for those fans when there is no comparison.

just bc someone objectively lays out a viewpoint that yu disagree with, simply acknowledging my opposition to your perspective doesn’t invalidate the claim.

Luka doncic is better @ basketball that sga. arguing w that is lunacy. so argue w yourself i guess
You do realize that if the Clippers eliminate the Mavs there's a 0% chance Luka gets MVP? Yet SGA will still be a front runner because OKC swept their first opponent? I can tell just by the way you spell and your pronunciation that you're a child so I'll just leave you alone and be the bigger man :lol:
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran

Post#4314 » by WestbrookGOATed » Fri May 3, 2024 9:53 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

You are the voice of reason. A real fan. :)
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,413

Post#4315 » by Black Jack » Fri May 3, 2024 9:54 pm

I got nothin but this has been a good series. Mavs starting to look like they have at least the potential to make a run to the finals to me.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#4316 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 3, 2024 10:01 pm

WestbrookGOATed wrote:
MFT5 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

You do realize that if the Clippers eliminate the Mavs there's a 0% chance Luka gets MVP? Yet SGA will still be a front runner because OKC swept their first opponent? I can tell just by the way you spell and your pronunciation that you're a child so I'll just leave you alone and be the bigger man :lol:

MVP is a regular season award, what happens in the playoffs is irrelevant.

WestbrookGOATed
Veteran

Post#4317 » by WestbrookGOATed » Fri May 3, 2024 10:03 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
WestbrookGOATed wrote:
MFT5 wrote:

Oh damn so voting is already over? Congrats to Jokic I guess.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,934

Post#4318 » by jc23 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:07 pm

Lets go Mavericks, i want to see more of the next era in these playoffs.
Be curious, Not judgmental
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#4319 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 3, 2024 10:08 pm

WestbrookGOATed wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
WestbrookGOATed wrote:You do realize that if the Clippers eliminate the Mavs there's a 0% chance Luka gets MVP? Yet SGA will still be a front runner because OKC swept their first opponent? I can tell just by the way you spell and your pronunciation that you're a child so I'll just leave you alone and be the bigger man :lol:

Oh damn so voting is already over? Congrats to Jokic I guess.

Probably Jokic, Dirk once won it after the Mavericks were eliminated in the first round.

MFT5
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#4320 » by MFT5 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:29 pm

WestbrookGOATed wrote:
MFT5 wrote:
MassimoPayne wrote:

All NBA teams and ROY is exactly what you take to measure it.
And that he hasn't played a lot in 2 seasons is also not Luka's fault who was always available

bros a idiot. really said how far either team
gets determines who’s better lol like did he not watch kd win 2 rings against lebron. Nobody says kd is better than lebron lol. idk what josh giddey doing to these lil girls but they gotta stop posting on this site lol
You can't even spell correctly and you're calling me an idiot? I get that you're a Mavs fan but you're living in an absolute dream world. Let me leave it at this, IF the Mavs even beat the Clippers(a first round bounce would be beautiful) I'm going to enjoy my team knocking out your bum squad and your man crush Luka.

that’s how i knw yu have lost … jumping 2 grammatical errors lol & if it is any IDC lol i dnt have a crush on any player … better is better lol not sorry i hurt your feelings. One player is a generational talent the other is SGA lol i would say this if was a mav fan or not but you’re 2 illogical to understand the obvious.

How yu have this one season 2 praise SGA … this has been luka since he’s been en the lg. yu knw who else has been here the same length of time not accomplishing anything ?!?

it’s not a trick question, it’s SGA lol

it’s a team sport so sure okc could win, mavs could win but if okc wins it will be bc the team played great, if mavs win the narrative would just say, We’ll the mavs have the best player en the series so can’t fault them for losing to luka & the mavs.

yu care about the potential series like yu play for the thunder lol guess what yu dnt lol you’re more invested than i am but that’s bc yu want to win a battle en which yu have no opponent.

make a poll if yu want to see how ppl view Sga vs luka i assure yu i’m not alone en my thoughts lol prolly 80-85% of the world agrees w me lol

Return to The General Board