2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who ya got?

Bucks in 4
2%
Bucks in 5
9%
Bucks in 6
20%
Bucks in 7
13%
Pacers in 4
3%
Pacers in 5
8%
Pacers in 6
34%
Pacers in 7
11%

Total votes: 265

dWadeOwnzYou
Rookie
And1: 573

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND leads 3-1) 

Post#1721 » by dWadeOwnzYou » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:24 pm

A very unfortunate season for Bucks this year considering all of the issues involving injuries, implementing a new star and of course the coaching drama. Better luck next year Bucks fan.
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,480

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND leads 2-1) 

Post#1722 » by Hoop Hunter » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:12 pm

Nuntius wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote:You already conceding. It ain't over till it's over.

If we make it to the second round. We had a winning record against both teams. We won twice against Embiid, we lost the one when Maxey went for 50. Beat the Knicks 2 out of 3. We just really suck against bad teams.

You’re not beating NY lol

We probably aren't and I don't think that Hoop Hunter is making that claim either. He made 3 claims in his posts:

1) This current series isn't over yet, Bucks fans shouldn't be conceding.

2) The Pacers had a winning record against Philly and New York in the RS.

3) The Pacers sucked against teams below .500 throughout the RS.

All of the claims above are factual.

Pointing out that we had a winning record against Philly and New York doesn't mean that we'd beat either in case we met them in the post-season and I don't think that Hoop was trying to say that it means anything either.

NY is a very good team. Iwasawitness LoL at us having a chance to beat them, flat out saying we have no chance is pretty messed up.

I'm not saying we would be favored or anything. Just saying we beat them 2 out of 3 times already. It would not be total mismatch, like Iwasawitness seems to think. It looked like we would play NY in the 1st round before they moved up to #2 the last day of the season. Lot's of "experts" were picking us to beat NY.
Tnasty4l
Freshman
And1: 57

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND leads 3-1) 

Post#1723 » by Tnasty4l » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:01 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Congrats to Indiana for beating the Wisconsin Herd.

If the Herd are in the playoffs then they're fair game. Just take these L's and go cry to your management for having an old ass team.
granger05
Bench Warmer
And1: 480

Post#1724 » by granger05 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:01 pm

I posted this in the Pacers forum, but I'm curious to repost it here too. Maybe this already got mentioned along the way:

Kind of OT, but I watched this on the TNT broadcast that streams to Max and the audio of the crowd kept picking up this kid that was just yelling about shooting threes. Did anybody else catch this? Kid sounded like a tween and he had advice for the coaching staff which was to spam 3s. They should get him on the payroll I guess.
Swish77
Junior
And1: 84

Post#1725 » by Swish77 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:14 pm

I'd love to see a fully healthy Bucks vs Pacers its unfortunate that the Bucks just can't stay healthy.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,061

Post#1726 » by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:59 pm

Tnasty4l wrote:

If the Herd are in the playoffs then they're fair game. Just take these L's and go cry to your management for having an old ass team.

If you say so.

:roll:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,263

Post#1727 » by Childs » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 pm

Do the Bucks have any way to get young talent with Giannis? Lopez, Middleton, and Dame aren't getting younger which is of course stating the obvious.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#1728 » by Nuntius » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:08 pm

Swish77 wrote:I'd love to see a fully healthy Bucks vs Pacers its unfortunate that the Bucks just can't stay healthy.

It is indeed unfortunate. It would have been a very fun series to watch. We'd probably lose but it still would be very fun to watch and we'd amass some good experience for our young guys.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1729 » by Nuntius » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:09 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Tnasty4l wrote:

If you say so.

I think that your sarcastic comment got the sarcastic response that it deserved.

It is not Indiana's fault that you've lost your best players to injury. It definitely sucks that they are out but you can only beat the team you're playing against.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Swish77
Junior
And1: 84

Post#1730 » by Swish77 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:18 pm

Nuntius wrote:
Swish77 wrote:I'd love to see a fully healthy Bucks vs Pacers its unfortunate that the Bucks just can't stay healthy.

It is indeed unfortunate. It would have been a very fun series to watch. We'd probably lose but it still would be very fun to watch and we'd amass some good experience for our young guys.

Do you think it would have gone to a 7 game series?
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1731 » by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:05 pm

Nuntius wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Tnasty4l wrote:If the Herd are in the playoffs then they're fair game. Just take these L's and go cry to your management for having an old ass team.

If you say so.

I think that your sarcastic comment got the sarcastic response that it deserved.

It is not Indiana's fault that you've lost your best players to injury. It definitely sucks that they are out but you can only beat the team you're playing against.

Thank you for your sage wisdom. And surely nobody ever brings up injuries when talking about past playoff performances…

Enjoy the series victory, be happy your players get some experience, but have some damn shame. Pacers fans gloating and acting like they achieved anything this early is lame.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1732 » by Nuntius » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:03 pm

Swish77 wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

Do you think it would have gone to a 7 game series?

Could be? Milwaukee would definitely be the favorite, that's a given, but we'd be a pretty good match-up for them. If not 7 then I definitely think it would go 6.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1733 » by Nuntius » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:20 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
If you say so.

Thank you for your sage wisdom. And surely nobody ever brings up injuries when talking about past playoff performances…

Enjoy the series victory, be happy your players get some experience, but have some damn shame. Pacers fans gloating and acting like they achieved anything this early is lame.

Who the heck is gloating? There's literally 5 of us on this forum and no one has gloated. In fact, we have pretty much done the opposite. Here are some examples from the last few pages:

If we make it to the second round.

Meaning of the above post: It doesn't matter that it's 3-1, the series isn't over yet.

yoadknux wrote:Feel bad for Giannis. Wonder if he comes back in game 5. He has to.

Nuntius wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

If we make it to the second round. We had a winning record against both teams. We won twice against Embiid, we lost the one when Maxey went for 50. Beat the Knicks 2 out of 3. We just really suck against bad teams.

You’re not beating NY lol

We probably aren't and I don't think that Hoop Hunter is making that claim either. He made 3 claims in his posts:

1) This current series isn't over yet, Bucks fans shouldn't be conceding.

Those are some of the posts by Pacer fans in the last few pages. Where exactly is the gloating? The only aggressive post by a Pacers fan was the one you got for your Herd post.

Look, I get that you are upset at all the injuries that your team has faced. I understand that. Those injuries have severely impacted your season and it's not fair. Injuries suck. All NBA fans can agree with that, I believe.

But those injuries don't give you carte blanche to lash out at the fans of the opposing team. None of us has gloated. There's only 5 of us and, as always, we've kept it classy.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1734 » by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:22 pm

Nuntius wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

Who the heck is gloating? There's literally 5 of us on this forum and no one has gloated. In fact, we have pretty much done the opposite. Here are some examples from the last few pages:

Ah yes, forgot this thread was the only place in the world this series was being talked about. Got it.

Hell, there were even Pacer trolls that came to the Bucks board trying to get a rise out of people.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1735 » by Nuntius » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:57 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Ah yes, forgot this thread was the only place in the world this series was being talked about. Got it.

So, let me get this straight. You're going after the posters here, in RealGM's General Board, for what random Pacer fans said on Twitter or reddit? :-?

Matches Malone wrote:Hell, there were even Pacer trolls that came to the Bucks board trying to get a rise out of people.

See, the problem with that claim is that I have actually been reading your board to get updates on Giannis' health (I'm Greek and the Olympics are right around the corner). So, I've read all of your post-game threads. And I didn't see a single Pacers fan posting in any of those 4 threads. I've seen y'all argue about a number of things pertaining to your team, like whether a player who plays on Turbo Boost every play can ever actually be good, but I haven't seen a single Pacers fan dropping in and trying to troll you.

Did it happen during the actual game threads? Did it happen on a random thread that isn't actually about this series? Or are you just making up **** here to defend your position?
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1736 » by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:59 pm

Nuntius wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Ah yes, forgot this thread was the only place in the world this series was being talked about. Got it.

So, let me get this straight. You're going after the posters here, in RealGM's General Board, for what random Pacer fans said on Twitter or reddit? :-?

Matches Malone wrote:Hell, there were even Pacer trolls that came to the Bucks board trying to get a rise out of people.

See, the problem with that claim is that I have actually been reading your board to get updates on Giannis' health (I'm Greek and the Olympics are right around the corner). So, I've read all of your post-game threads. And I didn't see a single Pacers fan posting in any of those 4 threads. I've seen y'all argue about a number of things pertaining to your team, like whether a player who plays on Turbo Boost every play can ever actually be good, but I haven't seen a single Pacers fan dropping in and trying to troll you.

Did it happen during the actual game threads? Did it happen on a random thread that isn't actually about this series? Or are you just making up **** here to defend your position?

No it's not just on twitter or reddit. You're a retired mod. Surely you know Mods on some boards don't allow trolling and clean up their posts and delete them... But you didn't see it so I'm just making **** up. Real galaxy brain stuff here.

Edit: And by all means, message those forum mods if you need your proof. There was even a Pacer fan spam typing in all caps Myles FKING Turner when he was going on his heater. You think Mods are just going to leave that bait? C'mon...

Edit 2: Took 2 seconds to find one of the trolls lol. Try harder.

Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1737 » by Nuntius » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:27 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

No it's not just on twitter or reddit. You're a retired mod. Surely you know Mods on some boards don't allow trolling and clean up their posts and delete them... But you didn't see it so I'm just making **** up. Real galaxy brain stuff here.

I know that mods don't allow trolling and delete their posts. So, I did look into it a bit further and I did indeed find that troll you were talking about. It was in the game thread of the last game, not in the post-game threads that I read. These are the posts I found, all posted by the same poster:

"Pacers should've ended this 20 minutes ago wtf Pacers"

"Neismith is a DAWG"

"MYLES FKIN TURNER!!"

It's those 3 and one post that was deleted by a mod and replaced by the word "Troll".

Now, it definitely was a troll precisely because those posts were posted in the game thread of the Bucks RealGM forum. If these posts were posted on the GB, it wouldn't be a troll. But it was posted over in your forum which means that your mods were right to delete the posts. Posting in the opposing teams forum during the game (or after it) and celebrating a win is definitely trollish behavior and no Pacer fan on the Pacers RealGM forum or on the GB condones this sort of behavior. But, you see, the poster who trolled you couldn't possibly know that because he has never posted on the Pacers forum here, on RealGM. Despite being a Pacers fan, he has only posted on the Bucks forum, Raptors forum and the GB.

So, yeah, this is what you're using to judge us all, I guess. A Pacers fan who we have pretty much never interacted with. That's cool :-?
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1738 » by Matches Malone » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:35 am

Nuntius wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

I know that mods don't allow trolling and delete their posts. So, I did look into it a bit further and I did indeed find that troll you were talking about. It was in the game thread of the last game, not in the post-game threads that I read. These are the posts I found, all posted by the same poster:

"Neismith is a DAWG"

"MYLES FKIN TURNER!!"

It's those 3 and one post that was deleted by a mod and replaced by the word "Troll".

Now, it definitely was a troll precisely because those posts were posted in the game thread of the Bucks RealGM forum. If these posts were posted on the GB, it wouldn't be a troll. But it was posted over in your forum which means that your mods were right to delete the posts. Posting in the opposing teams forum during the game (or after it) and celebrating a win is definitely trollish behavior and no Pacer fan on the Pacers RealGM forum or on the GB condones this sort of behavior. But, you see, the poster who trolled you couldn't possibly know that because he has never posted on the Pacers forum here, on RealGM. Despite being a Pacers fan, he has only posted on the Bucks forum, Raptors forum and the GB.

So, yeah, this is what you're using to judge us all, I guess. A Pacers fan who we have pretty much never interacted with. That's cool :-?

I don't care enough about this to keep going back and forth with you. I said there were trolls to which you dismissed and patronized me about, I gave you proof, and now it's just "That one guy" I'm judging you with, when I already told you there were other threads, other posters and other websites doing the same ****. Your fanbase is rightfully happy, but the self-awareness is non-existent.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,179

Post#1739 » by Iwasawitness » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:38 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

"Neismith is a DAWG"

"MYLES FKIN TURNER!!"

I don't care enough about this to keep going back and forth with you. I said there were trolls to which you dismissed and patronized me about, I gave you proof, and now it's just "That one guy" I'm judging you with, when I already told you there were other threads, other posters and other websites doing the same ****. Your fanbase is rightfully happy, but the self-awareness is non-existent.

I have no dog in this fight, but I think you're overreacting a bit here.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1740 » by Matches Malone » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:40 am

Iwasawitness wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

"Neismith is a DAWG"

"MYLES FKIN TURNER!!"

I have no dog in this fight, but I think you're overreacting a bit here.

How so? I made a silly comment about them beating the Wisconsin Herd and it unfolded from there. In what ways did I overreact? I'm not just going to let some poster make up stuff or call me a liar without responding.

Return to The General Board