2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who ya got?

Bucks in 4
2%
Bucks in 5
9%
Bucks in 6
20%
Bucks in 7
13%
Pacers in 4
3%
Pacers in 5
8%
Pacers in 6
34%
Pacers in 7
11%

Total votes: 265

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,074

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND leads 3-2) 

Post#1881 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 4:29 am

MiltownMadness wrote:Now the question is will 1 of Giannis/Dame be back for game 6? Will be very interesting if so

Very doubtful.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND leads 3-2) 

Post#1882 » by MiltownMadness » Wed May 1, 2024 4:30 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Now the question is will 1 of Giannis/Dame be back for game 6? Will be very interesting if so

Very doubtful.

We both don't know anything yet friend
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1883 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 4:32 am

MiltownMadness wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

Very doubtful.

True but Giannis hasn't actually practiced yet. He did some running and shooting today. Dame was unable to do anything today. It's possible but not probable.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#1884 » by MiltownMadness » Wed May 1, 2024 4:34 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Very doubtful.

True but Giannis hasn't actually practiced yet. He did some running and shooting today. Dame was unable to do anything today. It's possible but not probable.

I'll take possible! Wonder what discussions Dame/Giannis will have with the medical team in the next few days, or maybe they just clear 1 of them.

If the injuries aren't career altering if reinjured, Bucks might push some buttons. 90% might be good enough
BrianInPhilly
Senior
And1: 759

Post#1885 » by BrianInPhilly » Wed May 1, 2024 4:34 am

Am I the only one that has noticed a strong bias toward the Bucks in the announcing this series though? One example is I feel like the announcers say every 10 minutes "undermanned Bucks team" or "without Giannis and Lillard" ... yet I don't remember them saying once that Mathurin was out for the Pacers. And Mathurin would have helped a ton in a game like this. With Hali struggling, he's clearly the best at breaking down defenses & he's got that edge/aggressiveness they were sorely lacking from their guards in this game. Nembhard in particular lacked aggressiveness in this game ... too much aimlessly passing the ball around the perimeter by him & the guards
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,112

Galaxy Brained 

Post#1886 » by Wammy Giveaway » Wed May 1, 2024 4:37 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I don't see it. Doc Rivers coming back from a 3-1 deficit doesn't feel right here. Yeah, it will be against an up-and-coming Pacers squad, and the Bucks did lose a season series 1-4 in the regular season, but it doesn't fit from a narrative perspective. I feel that the 3-1 comeback should have been in the NBA Finals against the Clippers; instead, he's wasting it against a team he has no personal attachment to. And that could cost Bucks in Finals.

The other thing is that they still have two role stars in Middleton and Lopez; it's still star power, albeit weaker. The real Doc Rivers is the one who has no stars whatsoever. What would it be like if Bucks were forced to win the remaining games vs. Pacers with just role players, meaning the Revenge Of The Role Players Redux, and we saw him pass with aplomb back in 2019 with the Clipper's 31-point comeback vs. Warriors in Game 2. He loves being the underdog more than being an elite guy, perhaps because he is so distracted with the vast amount of star power, thinking to himself "We can't lose!" But deep in his heart, he wishes he could be the coach to pull off the first ever 3-0 comeback in NBA history.

Here's my prediction: if Bucks win Game 6, he will lose his remaining star players, leaving him with zero. For Doc to have full redemption, not only must he come back from down 3-1, he must do so with just role players in Game 7. If he can accomplish this, something good will happen.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,791

Post#1887 » by Butch718 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:37 am

Thank you Bucks. If Knicks are fortunate to advance, I don’t want either team to be well rested. :lol:
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#1888 » by theFireBlanket » Wed May 1, 2024 4:38 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Very doubtful.

There's video of Dame shooting. Doc had a smile on his face when asked if they could go Thursday & deliberated how to reply.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,544

Post#1889 » by jkvonny » Wed May 1, 2024 4:43 am

Bucks wins.

Onto Indianapolis, Pacers lead 3-2 in the series.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1890 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 4:46 am

BrianInPhilly wrote:Am I the only one that has noticed a strong bias toward the Bucks in the announcing this series though? One example is I feel like the announcers say every 10 minutes "undermanned Bucks team" or "without Giannis and Lillard" ... yet I don't remember them saying once that Mathurin was out for the Pacers. And Mathurin would have helped a ton in a game like this. With Hali struggling, he's clearly the best at breaking down defenses & he's got that edge/aggressiveness they were sorely lacking from their guards in this game. Nembhard in particular lacked aggressiveness in this game ... too much aimlessly passing the ball around the perimeter by him & the guards

Just my opinion but Giannis + Dame > Mathurin.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1891 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 4:47 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:We both don't know anything yet friend

There's video of Dame shooting. Doc had a smile on his face when asked if they could go Thursday & deliberated how to reply.

It would be nice. But Doc has been very coy about them each game. We'll see.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,544

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND leads 3-1) 

Post#1892 » by jkvonny » Wed May 1, 2024 4:47 am

stillgotgame wrote:
jkvonny wrote:Pacers could end the Bucks season tonite.

After looking lost and jittery in game 1 (blow out loss), young Indiana has bounced back greatly.

Bucks are old and has too many injuries.

Wrong.
Losing to the Bucks without their 2 stars is colossal fail on the Pacer’s part. Clearly pretenders.

Wrong tonite! Yes, I said "COULD" . Not definite.

Also, pretenders? Who said that any of these 2 teams were winning the NBA championship this season??
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,376

Re: Galaxy Brained 

Post#1893 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 4:48 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If Doc is involved with a 3-1 series the team with 3 is going down, doesn't matter if he's the coach or the opposition.
"The best ability is availability"

Not if the player sucks a**.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1894 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 4:48 am

Butch718 wrote:Thank you Bucks. If Knicks are fortunate to advance, I don’t want either team to be well rested. :lol:

If the Bucks are fortunate enough to advance I want the Knicks and Sixers to beat the hell out of each other in 7 games. :lol:
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#1895 » by Bernman » Wed May 1, 2024 4:57 am

BrianInPhilly wrote:Am I the only one that has noticed a strong bias toward the Bucks in the announcing this series though? One example is I feel like the announcers say every 10 minutes "undermanned Bucks team" or "without Giannis and Lillard" ... yet I don't remember them saying once that Mathurin was out for the Pacers. And Mathurin would have helped a ton in a game like this. With Hali struggling, he's clearly the best at breaking down defenses & he's got that edge/aggressiveness they were sorely lacking from their guards in this game. Nembhard in particular lacked aggressiveness in this game ... too much aimlessly passing the ball around the perimeter by him & the guards

Yes, Greg Anthony the last couple of games acted like the Bucks were a full strength team. So it's the opposite. Apparently you were miffed they pointed out the relevant reality at all.

Do the Nuggets win a series down Jokic, Murray for a 3+ games, & Gordon/Porter hobbled? Of course not. And that's what the Bucks are dealing w/. Means exponentially more than Benedict Mathurin. That's more a standard playoff unavailability issue.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,650

Post#1896 » by NCHeels2008 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:06 am

That's because everyone has some injuries but lmao you expect Benny M to come up when the Bucks are missing 2 future HOFers?
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,918

Post#1897 » by Dick Tate » Wed May 1, 2024 5:46 am

BrianInPhilly wrote:I feel like the announcers say every 10 minutes "undermanned Bucks team" or "without Giannis and Lillard" ... yet I don't remember them saying once that Mathurin was out for the Pacers.

I don’t do sigs, but… man…
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#1898 » by Coach Carter » Wed May 1, 2024 6:14 am

Is this the dude that won the rising stars mvp? Obviously the announcers are going to focus on the stars.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,756

Post#1899 » by The KnicksFix » Wed May 1, 2024 6:29 am

So any word on giannis or dame for game 6?
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,642

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND leads 3-1) 

Post#1900 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed May 1, 2024 6:56 am

BooomBaby wrote:
GameChannel wrote:Must be nice being Haliburton. Play **** for more than half the season, still get voted All-NBA and get that supermax. Play absolutely putrid defense, face no accountability.

This bum is beyond pathetic...So sick and tired of this garbage chucker that I can't believe I rather have Brodgdon out there then having to put up with seeing this scrub.

Also, I was expecting that, but where the f is Pascal?...2 good games then just completely disappear, again proving me wrong for thinking he was more than what he is.

This post is embarrassing bro.

Just do what I do and privately DM all this stuff to Nuntius so no one else sees. :-p

Return to The General Board