2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who ya got?

Bucks in 4
2%
Bucks in 5
9%
Bucks in 6
20%
Bucks in 7
13%
Pacers in 4
3%
Pacers in 5
8%
Pacers in 6
34%
Pacers in 7
11%

Total votes: 265

Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,890

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-2) 

Post#2301 » by Richard Miller » Fri May 3, 2024 1:53 am

Matches Malone wrote:
phanman wrote:22 blowout with Dame returning. What a pathetic performance.

Dame was basically a decoy. Could hardly move out there towards the 2nd quarter.

I'd say the Bucks need to get younger around Giannis, but then Doc won't play the young guys anyways lol.

He's turning 30 himself, not sure how much he can wait for the young guys
Dan33185
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,176

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-2) 

Post#2302 » by Dan33185 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:55 am

Wargreymon wrote:
Dubnation wrote:
Read on Twitter

Maybe I'm old but I don't understand what this tweet means...

It's Pat Bev, dude is an idiot.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#2303 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:56 am

G R E Y wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
jkvonny wrote:What the hell was this about?? :o

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

That's someone being a Jerk. looked like another fan stopped him from doing it.

Just getting wind of this. Yeah PavBev retailing by whipping a two hander back at a fan cannot, should not go unpunished. Completely unacceptable. Just call security and let them do their jobs.

I couldn't see who started the ball throwing but the fan did just kinda toss it back and Beverly fired it back at him.
Synciere
General Manager
And1: 4,702

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND leads 3-2) 

Post#2304 » by Synciere » Fri May 3, 2024 1:56 am

Nuntius wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Not happening. Giannis is not leaving Milwaukee.

Why?

There's no reason for him to leave. He has already won a title with the team that drafted him. His legacy is already set as a guy who led a small-market team to their 2nd ever title and made them a perennial contender for more than half a decade. He's going to go down as one of the two best players ever to don Milwaukee's uniform (and if KAJ didn't play for Milwaukee, I would have no qualms calling him the best player Milwaukee ever had) and he's for sure getting a statue.

Why would he tarnish his legacy by attempting to ring chase? Ring chasing is for those who failed to win a title with the team that drafted them. Giannis isn't one of them. He actually took the team that drafted him to the promised land, just like Steph and Jokic did. Those guys aren't leaving their teams.

Maybe he wants to be more than just milwaukees hero. He may want to climb the All time ladder. He needs more rings foreal.
Synciere
General Manager

Post#2305 » by Synciere » Fri May 3, 2024 1:58 am

Wargreymon wrote:
Dubnation wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’s giving props to Indy saying they beat the Bucks ass.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#2306 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:58 am

Dan33185 wrote:
Wargreymon wrote:
Dubnation wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's Pat Bev, dude is an idiot.

Yeah the first thing I see with the ball is Beverly throwing it hard and hit two chicks in the head with it. Then a fan tosses it back Bev fires it again at him. That dude needs to be out of the NBA.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,068

Post#2307 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 3, 2024 1:59 am

Richard Miller wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
phanman wrote:22 blowout with Dame returning. What a pathetic performance.

Dame was basically a decoy. Could hardly move out there towards the 2nd quarter.

I'd say the Bucks need to get younger around Giannis, but then Doc won't play the young guys anyways lol.

He's turning 30 himself, not sure how much he can wait for the young guys

When I say young guys, I just mean anybody not knocking at the retirement homes front door. There are veterans, and then there's long in the tooth vets. It doesn't need to be a rebuild situation where Giannis is waiting for young players to develop, but if they can find a couple of rotation players with some experience to fill around Giannis/Dame that fit better defensively, they might have better success. Beasley would be the first I'd throw off the boat. He was a sieve on defense.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 812

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND leads 3-2) 

Post#2308 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:01 am

Synciere wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Why?

There's no reason for him to leave. He has already won a title with the team that drafted him. His legacy is already set as a guy who led a small-market team to their 2nd ever title and made them a perennial contender for more than half a decade. He's going to go down as one of the two best players ever to don Milwaukee's uniform (and if KAJ didn't play for Milwaukee, I would have no qualms calling him the best player Milwaukee ever had) and he's for sure getting a statue.

Why would he tarnish his legacy by attempting to ring chase? Ring chasing is for those who failed to win a title with the team that drafted them. Giannis isn't one of them. He actually took the team that drafted him to the promised land, just like Steph and Jokic did. Those guys aren't leaving their teams.

Maybe he wants to be more than just milwaukees hero. He may want to climb the All time ladder. He needs more rings foreal.

Giannis would sure look good in Miami
Great weather
Amazing coach
Heat can trade Bam/ Herro or Butler for him
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,969

Post#2309 » by Nuntius » Fri May 3, 2024 2:02 am

Synciere wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Why?

Trying to chase a ring won't really help him climb the All-time ladder. Staying in Milwaukee and trying to win a title there would do more for his legacy, imo.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,485

Post#2310 » by Hoop Hunter » Fri May 3, 2024 2:02 am

picc wrote:What's a better series, Pacers/Knicks or Pacers/Sixers?

Pacers/Sixers
- TJ McConnell vs Kyle Lowry
- Indy would run Embiid out of the gym
- Maxey would score 40ppg against Pacers defense
- Siakim vs Embiid is always good

Pacers/Knicks
- Brunson also scoring 40ppg on Pacers D
- 90s rivalry rekindled
- That's really all I got

The Pacers won season series with both teams. We play good teams really well. We suck against bad teams.

Embiid played in both our victories. Philly's only win was when Maxey went off for 50.

Knicks play with playoff like intensity every game. So I think regular season games are relevant.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,567

Post#2311 » by CoP » Fri May 3, 2024 2:04 am

Bucks front office has to be careful in avoiding the narrative that this team just needs to be healthy for the playoffs.

The injuries mask some pretty significant issues, namely that their core is old and their coach is mediocre.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#2312 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 3, 2024 2:05 am

LaLover11 wrote:Heat can trade Bam/ Herro or Butler for him

Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer

Post#2313 » by Hoop Hunter » Fri May 3, 2024 2:07 am

MARK_POPE wrote:Congrats Pacers fans good luck against whoever you play in the next round

Thanks. Classy gesture.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 812

Post#2314 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:07 am

Matches Malone wrote:

It's funny how nobody wants to trade thier aging injured players unless they get Jokic or Luka lmao
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Synciere
General Manager

Post#2315 » by Synciere » Fri May 3, 2024 2:08 am

Nuntius wrote:
Synciere wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

Trying to chase a ring won't really help him climb the All-time ladder. Staying in Milwaukee and trying to win a title there would do more for his legacy, imo.

Maybe, maybe not. At this point it’s hard t see a path to more rings in Milwaukee. They’re old. Celtics are younger and better and deeper. Philly will have max cap space to add to Embiid and Maxey. The Knicks have a ton of assets to make a trade. Milwaukee doesn’t have much maneuverability. He’s already won in Milwaukee. His best bet will be another team imo.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#2316 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 3, 2024 2:08 am

LaLover11 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

It's funny how nobody wants to trade thier aging injured players unless they get Jokic or Luka lmao

CreekShow
Sophomore
And1: 223

Post#2317 » by CreekShow » Fri May 3, 2024 2:08 am

Read on Twitter

This is actually insane
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,214

Post#2318 » by G R E Y » Fri May 3, 2024 2:08 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
That's someone being a Jerk. looked like another fan stopped him from doing it.

Just getting wind of this. Yeah PavBev retailing by whipping a two hander back at a fan cannot, should not go unpunished. Completely unacceptable. Just call security and let them do their jobs.

I couldn't see who started the ball throwing but the fan did just kinda toss it back and Beverly fired it back at him.

The part I saw was PB hitting someone, asking for the ball back, it got tossed to him, then he whipped even harder the second time around.

I know home fans close to away benches can be arse holes but never ever can a player allow it to get physical. Even if he does not initiate it (and as you said, we don't know how it really started yet).
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer

Post#2319 » by Hoop Hunter » Fri May 3, 2024 2:17 am

I hope the Bucks are healthy season next season.

Pacers fans know how devastating injuries can be. Granger, PG13 on and on, we've had more than our fair share.

I think firing Bud was a horrible move. You guys lost in the playoffs last season because of Middleton not being healthy. Not Bud's fault IMO. Then firing Griffin, then hiring Doc. A series of mistakes.

I usually root for you guys, being a fellow small market team.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,271

Post#2320 » by CobraCommander » Fri May 3, 2024 2:19 am

Without playing a game this year in the playoffs Giannis has finally left the stage and left the number 1 spot to Jokic alone… and without any doubt.

It’s finally not 1a 1b it’s 1 and then the 2 spot is up for discussion

Return to The General Board