2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who ya got?

Bucks in 4
2%
Bucks in 5
9%
Bucks in 6
20%
Bucks in 7
13%
Pacers in 4
3%
Pacers in 5
8%
Pacers in 6
34%
Pacers in 7
11%

Total votes: 265

Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,611

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-2) 

Post#2321 » by Mak » Fri May 3, 2024 2:23 am

Giannis and Butler with 10 national TV commercials and 0 playoff games.
Letsgokings
Senior
And1: 762

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-2) 

Post#2322 » by Letsgokings » Fri May 3, 2024 2:24 am

Congrats pacers. You guys played a great series!
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,969

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND leads 3-2) 

Post#2323 » by Nuntius » Fri May 3, 2024 3:00 am

Synciere wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Synciere wrote:
Maybe he wants to be more than just milwaukees hero. He may want to climb the All time ladder. He needs more rings foreal.

Trying to chase a ring won't really help him climb the All-time ladder. Staying in Milwaukee and trying to win a title there would do more for his legacy, imo.

Maybe, maybe not. At this point it’s hard t see a path to more rings in Milwaukee. They’re old. Celtics are younger and better and deeper. Philly will have max cap space to add to Embiid and Maxey. The Knicks have a ton of assets to make a trade. Milwaukee doesn’t have much maneuverability. He’s already won in Milwaukee. His best bet will be another team imo.

People didn't think that he had a good bet to win in Milwaukee in the first place but they did win. Ring chasing is more likely to tarnish his legacy and get him nothing than to help him win another title.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
madcatz
Ballboy
And1: 32

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND leads 3-2) 

Post#2324 » by madcatz » Fri May 3, 2024 3:05 am

JXL wrote:Unpopular opinion, but I don't think the Bucks would've won this series even with Giannis.

Bucks will lead 3-1 then lose in game 7 :D :D
Synciere
General Manager
And1: 4,702

Post#2325 » by Synciere » Fri May 3, 2024 3:07 am

Nuntius wrote:
Synciere wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Trying to chase a ring won't really help him climb the All-time ladder. Staying in Milwaukee and trying to win a title there would do more for his legacy, imo.

Maybe, maybe not. At this point it’s hard t see a path to more rings in Milwaukee. They’re old. Celtics are younger and better and deeper. Philly will have max cap space to add to Embiid and Maxey. The Knicks have a ton of assets to make a trade. Milwaukee doesn’t have much maneuverability. He’s already won in Milwaukee. His best bet will be another team imo.

People didn't think that he had a good bet to win in Milwaukee in the first place but they did win. Ring chasing is more likely to tarnish his legacy and get him nothing than to help him win another title.

I feel you…. In a vacuum.

Ring chasing like KD? Yeah. Ring chasing to a different situation that’s not already completely ready made and requires work? Nah. He’ll still be that guy.

What’s funny about ring chasing is the double edged sword that occurs. Even KD to Golden State solidified Steph’s legacy, bc they don’t win those two rings without KD. Steph, Draymond, and Klay with two rings is a whole different story for Steph’s legacy.

You’re not wrong in saying single team legacies matter. It’s just that in this day and age it doesn’t matter as much. It’s a different league and different setup for players free agency wise.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2326 » by Nuntius » Fri May 3, 2024 3:16 am

Synciere wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Synciere wrote:

Ring chasing like KD? Yeah. Ring chasing to a different situation that’s not already completely ready made and requires work? Nah. He’ll still be that guy.

What’s funny about ring chasing is the double edged sword that occurs. Even KD to Golden State solidified Steph’s legacy, bc they don’t win those two rings without KD. Steph, Draymond, and Klay with two rings is a whole different story for Steph’s legacy.

You’re not wrong in saying single team legacies matter. It’s just that in this day and age it doesn’t matter as much. It’s a different league and different setup for players free agency wise.

I understand your point but I do not really agree with your final paragraph, especially when it comes to players who weren't brought up in the US. Single team legacy is still a pretty powerful hold for the players who were brought up in a different sports culture context.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Synciere
General Manager
And1: 4,702

Post#2327 » by Synciere » Fri May 3, 2024 3:25 am

Nuntius wrote:
Synciere wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

I understand your point but I do not really agree with your final paragraph, especially when it comes to players who weren't brought up in the US. Single team legacy is still a pretty powerful hold for the players who were brought up in a different sports culture context.

Yeah I think we agree and disagree at the same time.

To me, the team legacy is solidified once the chip has been won. Moving before that is what tarnishes the legacy. Lebron is a unicorn bc he went back to the team that drafted him, and hometown team and won in epic form. What he did was the hardest thing one can do. It’s why in spite of him going to Miami for his first two rings I have him slightly, but the smallest of margins possible, almost infinitesimal of margins, ahead of MJ. But I won’t argue it. Even Kareem as a Milwaukee legend had to solidify his legacy elsewhere. It doesn’t hurt his legacy that he left.

Free agency is a mother******. It has changed the landscape both good and bad. Kobe is higher on my list bc of his Lakers legacy, and the fact that he won it with two completely different teams while staying a Laker. Either the team changes or the player does, but the result is the same nonetheless.

Giannis is in a TERRIBLE spot if you ask me. He re-signed after the Lillard trade thinking it would open a window but instead it seems clear it closed his Milwaukee window. I hate it for him.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,643

Post#2328 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri May 3, 2024 3:32 am

zimpy27 wrote:Indy mascot looks dead inside

Really does a great job of representing Pacers fans after years of disappointment.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#2329 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri May 3, 2024 3:40 am

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:The fan is a better commentator than SVG or Doris Burke

All that fan was doing was hurling insults at the players.

In his defense, some of them were pretty funny, and all light hearted.

“LILLARD YOUR MOMS WATCHING”

“GALLINARI YOU NEED A HAIRCUT”

“PORTIS YOUR EYES ARE SLIGHTLY TOO BIG FOR YOUR HEAD”

“LILLARD YOUR TATTOOS ARE ONLY DECENT”

"MIDDLETON I RESPECT YOUR GAME BUT I HOPE YOU MISS"
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#2330 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri May 3, 2024 3:40 am

Dan33185 wrote:I give up, I can't deal with that fan screaming

I see you Patrick Beverly.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#2331 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri May 3, 2024 3:52 am

durden_tyler wrote:Nesmith, Toppin and later on McConnell. What is happening in Indiana, role players taking over!

Worth noting they were the best bench in the NBA during the regular season. They have really disappointed in the postseason(not having Mathurin is a part of this), but I love that they came through when needed tonight.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#2332 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri May 3, 2024 3:57 am

LaLover11 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Bucks don't want bench players from what I heard they rather have Lillard
Lol

DLo, Reaves, Rui, Vando would look like All stars vs this Pacers team lmao

The dudes who play with Anthony Davis and LeBron James and still couldn't win two games?
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#2333 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri May 3, 2024 4:00 am

tcheco wrote:WHAT THE HELL IS TJ ON TONIGHT.

This was regular season TJ.

He's been awful all postseason(until tonight), but this is the TJ McConnell Pacers fans(and Philly fans) know and love.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2334 » by Nuntius » Fri May 3, 2024 4:02 am

Synciere wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Synciere wrote:

Yeah I think we agree and disagree at the same time.

To me, the team legacy is solidified once the chip has been won. Moving before that is what tarnishes the legacy. Lebron is a unicorn bc he went back to the team that drafted him, and hometown team and won in epic form. What he did was the hardest thing one can do. It’s why in spite of him going to Miami for his first two rings I have him slightly, but the smallest of margins possible, almost infinitesimal of margins, ahead of MJ. But I won’t argue it. Even Kareem as a Milwaukee legend had to solidify his legacy elsewhere. It doesn’t hurt his legacy that he left.

Free agency is a mother******. It has changed the landscape both good and bad. Kobe is higher on my list bc of his Lakers legacy, and the fact that he won it with two completely different teams while staying a Laker. Either the team changes or the player does, but the result is the same nonetheless.

Giannis is in a TERRIBLE spot if you ask me. He re-signed after the Lillard trade thinking it would open a window but instead it seems clear it closed his Milwaukee window. I hate it for him.

I do not really believe that Milwaukee's window is slammed shut. I do believe that they need to shake up their roster and I would also say that their coaching changes have been pretty bad so far but I do think that they can make enough moves to build a title-winning roster next to Giannis.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 812

Post#2335 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:02 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Lol

DLo, Reaves, Rui, Vando would look like All stars vs this Pacers team lmao

The dudes who play with Anthony Davis and LeBron James and still couldn't win two games?

Yeah vs the Defending MVP Jokic Nuggets That his the Best Starting 5 in the NBA with one of the best coaches in the NBA right now.

Those dudes
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#2336 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri May 3, 2024 4:02 am

Milenkovic wrote:There was someone earlier in the year who kept saying TJ would be a great fit in SAS with Wemby. Yes please

It was me!

I mean, maybe someone else did as well, but I definitely made that claim.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#2337 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri May 3, 2024 4:29 am

Finally caught up on the thread haha.

Bucks fans: I'm sorry we didn't get to see a healthy version of your team. I want the Pacers to win, but I wanna do it because we are the better team, not because the other team is injured. As a Pacers fan, I know how much it sucks to see your star go down(Granger, George, Oladipo just in recent years), but hope ya'll are able to stay healthy next season! Was awesome to have a thread like this with very little toxicity between the two fan bases(I think most of the toxic posts came from fans of other teams entirely) Anywho, best of luck this offseason!

As for the Pacers, we got what we needed. Playoff experience for a young team. Blown away by how great Nembhard and Sheppard were for their roles. They played like 10 year vets the entire series. The Pacers season likely comes to an end with this next series against the Knicks, but I'm interested to see what the players can do against a much better defense. Happy we get some more experience under the belt and hopegully we can at least make it a tough series for them.

Excited for the Hicks/Knicks to get a new chapter potentially started! Best of luck to the classy Knicks fans on here, and I hope you stub your toe to the normal Knick fans(only kidding!) Cheers!
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,739

Post#2338 » by maternal85 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:47 am

Doc and his excuses again. You sucked with a healthy Dame and Giannis. You wouldn't have won this series if both were healthy !
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,188

Post#2339 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 3, 2024 5:30 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
tcheco wrote:WHAT THE HELL IS TJ ON TONIGHT.

This was regular season TJ.

He's been awful all postseason(until tonight), but this is the TJ McConnell Pacers fans(and Philly fans) know and love.

Bucks planned well for him but he finally broke through & gave us the business like he usually does.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,485

Post#2340 » by Hoop Hunter » Fri May 3, 2024 5:41 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Nesmith, Toppin and later on McConnell. What is happening in Indiana, role players taking over!

Worth noting they were the best bench in the NBA during the regular season. They have really disappointed in the postseason(not having Mathurin is a part of this), but I love that they came through when needed tonight.

Yes Sir. Extremely deep bench also. Even after trades the bench remained number 1. We lost Brown, Hield and then of course our best bench guy, Mathurin. Rookie Shepherd stepped in. I had hopes that McDermick would have played better, he can shoot, just not here, so far. Walker hardly ever plays but the little bit he has, has been good.

Return to The General Board