2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who ya got?

Bucks in 4
2%
Bucks in 5
9%
Bucks in 6
20%
Bucks in 7
13%
Pacers in 4
3%
Pacers in 5
8%
Pacers in 6
34%
Pacers in 7
11%

Total votes: 265

Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,947

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers 

Post#661 » by Perishable517 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:44 am

picc wrote:Man, not having Zion for this OKC series is a punishment from the gods. He would have broken every bone in Chet's body. Straight jellyfish mode.
Playoffs: even the posters raise their game to another level.

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 745

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers 

Post#662 » by Charlesareed » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:46 am

PD28 wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:Hand down man down , mama there goes that man

With the Pacers defensive approach, we'll hear this all series

Pretty much but they played better in the 2nd half both offensively & defensively
Chicago Raised me
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,934

Post#663 » by picc » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:47 am

Perishable517 wrote:
picc wrote:Man, not having Zion for this OKC series is a punishment from the gods. He would have broken every bone in Chet's body. Straight jellyfish mode.
Playoffs: even the posters raise their game to another level.

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app

We just gotta stay focused, let the posts come to us. We know the intensity's gonna be high and guys are gonna be quoting at a high level. But as long as we post the way we need to, I like our chances.
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,875

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (MIL leads 1-0) 

Post#664 » by Spicy P » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:53 am

I don’t understand why Halliburton rushed back from injury instead of trying to get healthy for the playoffs. I get that he wanted to meet the 65 game threshold, but he has no chance of making an All-NBA Team with the way he’s played after coming back so it was pointless.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,575

Post#665 » by drekwins » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:58 am

xBulletproof wrote:
drekwins wrote:Post All Star game, Hali is only a 30.6% 3P shooter. Only 17pts as well. Perhaps we crowned him too soon.

The rest of his life he's shot over 40% from 3 at every level, every year.

All this says is something was wrong with him, the injury was obvious, which is when the poor shooting started but I think people forget other factors. He wasn't expected to be who he was to start the year. That takes a certain amount of energy guys who haven't done it, aren't used to. He wasn't that guy in college either. So this star treatment was new to him.

So he didn't take the summer off (Team USA), then goes straight into being a guy who has to carry his team. Then the injury. I'm guessing fatigue issues, combined with the injury. I was actually hoping he didn't make the Olympic team, but he did. So I dunno.

A lot of other guys were a part of that team... ANT, Brunson... And they only got better as the year went on. Physically, he looks fine. You are right that he deserves benefit of the doubt for his outside shooting. He has been a 40% 3pt shooter... but he may not be the volume scorer we thought he was.

It's also very different when you're on the scouting report and game planned for. It's much more difficult.
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,356

Post#666 » by hardenASG13 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:03 am

xBulletproof wrote:
drekwins wrote:Post All Star game, Hali is only a 30.6% 3P shooter. Only 17pts as well. Perhaps we crowned him too soon.

All this says is something was wrong with him, the injury was obvious, which is when the poor shooting started but I think people forget other factors. He wasn't expected to be who he was to start the year. That takes a certain amount of energy guys who haven't done it, aren't used to. He wasn't that guy in college either. So this star treatment was new to him.

So he didn't take the summer off (Team USA), then goes straight into being a guy who has to carry his team. Then the injury. I'm guessing fatigue issues, combined with the injury. I was actually hoping he didn't make the Olympic team, but he did. So I dunno.

In those other years where he shot 40% was he getting this much defensive attention? I don't think he was in Sacramento , or even close. His quality of looks from 3 seem to be alot of tough shots. He made them for the first month. Have the looks he's always shot 40% on always been this tough? Today he didn't even attempt to be a scorer. Maybe he isn't driving as much but he looks to be moving around fine, and has been for months. He needs to be alot better, obviously.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,023

Post#667 » by GSP » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:03 am

Myth wrote:
GSP wrote:If anyone bet Dame to score 40 this game they must be having a stroke

30pts 1st half
5pts in 2nd half so far and he might not play 4th quarter

Wasn’t all 35 of his points in the first half?

Yeah it was. I thought he had some Fts in 2nd half and he just didnt make a shot from the field but looks like he went 0 in 2nd half when they started doubling every time
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,914

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (MIL leads 1-0) 

Post#668 » by Prez » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:08 am

Khris is still that dude. Dame lit them up in the 1st half and when Indy was doubling him in the 2nd half Khris cooked em.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,569

Post#669 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:09 am

hardenASG13 wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:

In those other years where he shot 40% was he getting this much defensive attention? I don't think he was in Sacramento , or even close. His quality of looks from 3 seem to be alot of tough shots. He made them for the first month. Have the looks he's always shot 40% on always been this tough? Today he didn't even attempt to be a scorer. Maybe he isn't driving as much but he looks to be moving around fine, and has been for months. He needs to be alot better, obviously.

Yes, he was last year. Was also this year before the injury.

Everything went down hill after the injury.

Doesn't make sense to me why we would toss that info aside like it isn't significant.
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,301

Post#670 » by soboMP3 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:16 am

Prez wrote:Khris is still that dude. Dame lit them up in the 1st half and when Indy was doubling him in the 2nd half Khris cooked em.

Yep… Healthy Khris is what it takes to get the Bucks another chip. Without him, no chance.

Sadly, he can’t stay healthy.
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,382

Post#671 » by xBulletproof » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:30 am

drekwins wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:

A lot of other guys were a part of that team... ANT, Brunson... And they only got better as the year went on. Physically, he looks fine. You are right that he deserves benefit of the doubt for his outside shooting. He has been a 40% 3pt shooter... but he may not be the volume scorer we thought he was.

It's also very different when you're on the scouting report and game planned for. It's much more difficult.

Edwards took 17 shots a game his rookie year. Haliburton career high is 15.2. Brunson took 18 per before team USA. These guys have already done it, built their bodies for that role and understood what it is. That was never Haliburton game, in college or NBA. It's the same thing as Paul George. Paul talked about it in Indiana his first couple years trying to be the man. It was more than he was ready for physically and didn't understand what it took to do that all year long. It's why his efficiency wasn't great until year 7. Fully believe it would have been year 5, but broken leg and all threw that all off.

I really wanted him to have all offseason to build up his body in preparation for that role. Not sure how well he's going to be able to do that while playing in the Olympics and lead up to it .... again.

**EDIT** - Looking post All Star in Paul George first All Star season, he shot 32% from 3. His 2nd All Star season, he shot under 40% from the field as a whole, post All Star game. Which doesn't even include an injury like Haliburton had during that same time.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,575

Post#672 » by drekwins » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:38 am

xBulletproof wrote:
drekwins wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:

Edwards took 17 shots a game his rookie year. Haliburton career high is 15.2. Brunson took 18 per before team USA. These guys have already done it, built their bodies for that role and understood what it is. That was never Haliburton game, in college or NBA. It's the same thing as Paul George. Paul talked about it in Indiana his first couple years trying to be the man. It was more than he was ready for physically and didn't understand what it took to do that all year long. It's why his efficiency wasn't great until year 7. Fully believe it would have been year 5, but broken leg and all threw that all off.

I really wanted him to have all offseason to build up his body in preparation for that role. Not sure how well he's going to be able to do that while playing in the Olympics and lead up to it .... again.

**EDIT** - Looking post All Star in Paul George first All Star season, he shot 32% from 3. His 2nd All Star season, he shot under 40% from the field as a whole, post All Star game. Which doesn't even include an injury like Haliburton had during that same time.

You do realize that these guys have played basketball pretty much every day of their life since they're 10 years old, right? In AAU, during the summer, these guys are playing multiple games per day, several days in a row... that's their offseason. Then, they have their entire HS season during the winter. In college, early-season and conference tournaments often require playing 2, 3 or 4 days in a row. Not to mention, even when there are not games, they are still playing/practicing in various environments, leagues and amongst other players/friends.

I really dont buy the "build the body up" thing at all.

The only difference is the game-planning/physicality of the playoffs. That takes an adjustment.
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 809

Post#673 » by Packbuckman » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:39 am

soboMP3 wrote:
Prez wrote:Khris is still that dude. Dame lit them up in the 1st half and when Indy was doubling him in the 2nd half Khris cooked em.

Yep… Healthy Khris is what it takes to get the Bucks another chip. Without him, no chance.

Sadly, he can’t stay healthy.

Hey hey hey don’t jinx him he’s healthy now they just need to hold the fort till Giannis comes back healthy and refreshed :D
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,382

Post#674 » by xBulletproof » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:53 am

drekwins wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:
drekwins wrote:

You do realize that these guys have played basketball pretty much every day of their life since they're 10 years old, right? In AAU, during the summer, these guys are playing multiple games per day, several days in a row... that's their offseason. Then, they have their entire HS season during the winter. In college, early-season and conference tournaments often require playing 2, 3 or 4 days in a row. Not to mention, even when there are not games, they are still playing/practicing in various environments, leagues and amongst other players/friends.

I really dont buy the "build the body up" thing at all.

The only difference is the game-planning/physicality of the playoffs. That takes an adjustment.

Then you're ignoring the people who have played it, and I can tell you from baseball as you move up it's different based on the # of games coming at you from little league, middle/high school, college and pro. It's just more draining, physically and mentally. Especially when you're in a slump and have no break to reset. That's not even a sport that has the physicality of basketball where other players can lean on, pull/push and put pressure on you physically.

There are adjustments in that sense even from college basketball to NBA. Let alone all the lower levels you're talking about. As you move up the levels, everyone is skilled. The difference becomes more and more about strength/physicality as you move up. Playing every day at a level where you're the most skilled, tallest or strongest is fine, but when you're no longer that, it changes. It's more tiring, and draining on you. As your role expands it's different again. Why do you think players hit a rookie wall? Soph slump? They just forget how to play? It's obvious it's physical.

Paul George is just one of the few who will talk about it publicly. Most players are afraid of average fans backlash. You're paid millions, just shut up. Get over it ... ect.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,633

Post#675 » by Revived » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:01 am

Read on Twitter
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,263

Post#676 » by skones » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:11 am

2-4
Ugly Duckling
Analyst
And1: 1,564

Post#677 » by Ugly Duckling » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:35 am

again, hard to predict without knowing if and when Giannis returns. assuming he doesn't, the pacers have a good shot, especially with the addition of spicy p
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 745

Post#678 » by Charlesareed » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:33 am

Wow I just read on twitter dame didn’t score in the 2nd half that crazy he went off for 35 in the 1st half only to go scoreless the rest of the game damn they were extremely lucky to win that’s not gotsince Giannis is out for a while
Chicago Raised me
jtan08
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#679 » by jtan08 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:50 am

I'm so pissed of Hali lack of aggressiveness, always looking to pass the ball, not asking for the ball, play like a role player. He is the all-star and leader of the team, he should take over. Can someone ask him to demand, create and look for his shoot? I think this is more on mental than physical, it seems Hali personality doesn't have killer instinct.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,985

Post#680 » by Blazing_royale » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:53 am

What happen to Hali in this game? Only 9 pts
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection

Return to The General Board