2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic (CLE WINS 4-3)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Cavs in 4
2%
Cavs in 5
14%
Cavs in 6
24%
Cavs in 7
14%
Magic in 4
2%
Magic in 5
2%
Magic in 6
25%
Magic in 7
15%

Total votes: 283

ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,857

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic (CLE leads 3-2) 

Post#2021 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Thu May 2, 2024 10:23 am

RookieStar wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
DowJones wrote:
I don’t agree with this at all. I think Cleveland is more talented. Cleveland has a really bad offensive coach and Mitchell isn’t close to 100%.
I disagree. I think the Magic are clearly more talented and only lost the first 2 games by double digits because of inexperience. The Magic should win game 6 easily, and game 7 will be another good game.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app

*sigh* Rob that is a big of a jinx statement as i read here.

Sigh…I don’t know where Rob’s confidence come from because our team is very prone to high highs and really low lows. The Magic hardly do anything “easily”. Do we Magic fans want them to win? Of course. But this team is facing elimination against a more experienced playoff team, nothing will be easy for them in game 6 regardless of how those two games went at home. The Cavs know how important it is to end the series on Friday.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,669

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic (CLE leads 3-2) 

Post#2022 » by orlando_joe » Thu May 2, 2024 12:42 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:The refs should've called a foul on Mobley with 1 minute left. I'm only pointing this out because someone here said the Magic were getting a favorable whistle in game 5.

Read on Twitter
?t=9XE2ZcDcPcGfQ_pzxkg-Cw&s=19

Yeah, it's a travesty the Magic didn't get 31 free throws playing in someone else's arena in a pivotal Game 5.

the cavs were hacking magic all game what are you talking about? refs gave them so many breaks
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach

Post#2023 » by orlando_joe » Thu May 2, 2024 12:47 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Yeah, it's a travesty the Magic didn't get 31 free throws playing in someone else's arena in a pivotal Game 5.
The Magic led the league in FTA this season.

The problem is this is the playoffs and the entire series, every series really, has been called that way, except for that game.

Allen's rib bruise came from a Mo Wagner elbow in Game 4. Mobley hit the deck several times in that game with no whistle after getting shoved.

While we're at it, Mo hacked the crap out of every Cav except for Garland and Mitchell in Game 5 and they let it go.

It was a Tony Brothers crew. It is what it is.

well i smell a fish..i saw alot of cavs flopping that shot to ribs was soft come on are they that weak? are you watching other games ? did you see what other teams are doing? not close
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,875

Post#2024 » by mcfly1204 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:27 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:The Magic led the league in FTA this season.

The problem is this is the playoffs and the entire series, every series really, has been called that way, except for that game.

Allen's rib bruise came from a Mo Wagner elbow in Game 4. Mobley hit the deck several times in that game with no whistle after getting shoved.

While we're at it, Mo hacked the crap out of every Cav except for Garland and Mitchell in Game 5 and they let it go.

well i smell a fish..i saw alot of cavs flopping that shot to ribs was soft come on are they that weak? are you watching other games ? did you see what other teams are doing? not close

That shot to the ribs was soft?... You can really say that with a straight face?
Well at least we're not Detroit!
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach

Post#2025 » by orlando_joe » Thu May 2, 2024 2:03 pm

mcfly1204 wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

That shot to the ribs was soft?... You can really say that with a straight face?

yes it just caught him wrong was not hard..did not look hard nothing you dont see in every game ever
toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,724

Post#2026 » by toooskies » Thu May 2, 2024 3:05 pm

The Magic's average FT margin was only +2.2, and the Cavs' was -0.6. Their typical play doesn't explain the free throw differential.

Both teams were hacking and for the most part the refs let those calls go.

The most egregious ones were the marginal contact fouls called on Mobley and Strus on shot contests, and Strus going baseline and getting shoved out of bounds-- no call turnover.

Banchero only had two FGAs at the rim. Got 8 FTAs. Franz Wagner only had four FGAs at the rim. Got 8 FTAs. Mo Wagner, one FGA, 5 FTAs. Suggs with four FGAs at the rim, 4 FTAs.

Mitchell had 8 FGAs at the rim and got 10 FTAs. Garland 4 FGAs at the rim, 3 FTAs. Okoro four FGAs at the rim, contact on every drive, 2 FTAs. Mobley 10 FGAs at the rim, two FTAs.

So this isn't a case where the Cavs were just taking jump shots while the Magic were hammering the paint.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 899

Post#2027 » by Bakomagic » Thu May 2, 2024 5:03 pm

Officiating has been fine for the most part, a missed call here or there but they’ve done what they normally do and allow more physical play for the playoffs.

Any bitching from either side about unfavorable calls is simply that (bitching).
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,553

Post#2028 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 2, 2024 7:28 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

You have posted two irreconcilable comments back to back. You're not a serious person.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,553

Post#2029 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 2, 2024 7:30 pm

Bakomagic wrote:Officiating has been fine for the most part, a missed call here or there but they’ve done what they normally do and allow more physical play for the playoffs.

Any bitching from either side about unfavorable calls is simply that (bitching).

The cognitive dissonance on display is something else. They're letting them play AND we absolutely deserved to go to the line 29 times, in Cleveland, in Game 5.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,725

Post#2030 » by bmurph128 » Thu May 2, 2024 7:32 pm

Bakomagic wrote:Officiating has been fine for the most part, a missed call here or there but they’ve done what they normally do and allow more physical play for the playoffs.

Its pretty straight forward and we don't even need free throws to come into it.

The Magic play so physical on defense, they are probably "fouling" (by the letter of the law) away from the ball every time down the court. Hey maybe the Cavs are too - no problem. If that's true, they should be called for the same number of fouls.

Game 5:

Fouls called on the Magic - 17
Fouls called on the Cavs - 25

Getting called for 50% more fouls than your more physical opponent is.....interesting.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,411

Post#2031 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu May 2, 2024 8:48 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

How was it weak if the best player on the Cavs missed a pivotal game 5... Wut?
mcfly1204
General Manager

Post#2032 » by mcfly1204 » Thu May 2, 2024 9:00 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

What I am hearing is that he would have no complaints if Franz or Paolo were to catch an inadvertent elbow from the likes of TT or MM in game 6.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach

Post#2033 » by orlando_joe » Thu May 2, 2024 9:14 pm

mcfly1204 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:well i smell a fish..i saw alot of cavs flopping that shot to ribs was soft come on are they that weak? are you watching other games ? did you see what other teams are doing? not close

What I am hearing is that he would have no complaints if Franz or Paolo were to catch an inadvertent elbow from the likes of TT or MM in game 6.

remind me what team got flagrant and should have got 2 for the shoulder to franz...hmmm can you say franz from strus?
mcfly1204
General Manager

Post#2034 » by mcfly1204 » Thu May 2, 2024 9:24 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
mcfly1204 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:How was it weak if the best player on the Cavs missed a pivotal game 5... Wut?

remind me what team got flagrant and should have got 2 for the shoulder to franz...hmmm can you say franz from strus?

Wait, are you talking about the flagrant on Strus when he fouled Cole Anthony and attempted to prevent him from having an awkward fall?
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach

Post#2035 » by orlando_joe » Thu May 2, 2024 9:29 pm

mcfly1204 wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:
mcfly1204 wrote:What I am hearing is that he would have no complaints if Franz or Paolo were to catch an inadvertent elbow from the likes of TT or MM in game 6.

Wait, are you talking about the flagrant on Strus when he fouled Cole Anthony and attempted to prevent him from having an awkward fall?

if you say so ..if he did not hit him in air would he need to try and cover it up? called a flagrant ...mo was not even called for a foul was he? the play were strus hit franz in first half was much more flagrant and refs would not even look at it..big brother just clearing things up...tit for tat
mcfly1204
General Manager

Post#2036 » by mcfly1204 » Thu May 2, 2024 10:05 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
mcfly1204 wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:remind me what team got flagrant and should have got 2 for the shoulder to franz...hmmm can you say franz from strus?

if you say so ..if he did not hit him in air would he need to try and cover it up? called a flagrant ...mo was not even called for a foul was he? the play were strus hit franz in first half was much more flagrant and refs would not even look at it..big brother just clearing things up...tit for tat

Tit for tat? Consistent argument...
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,363

Post#2037 » by durden_tyler » Fri May 3, 2024 1:45 pm

Can Banchero repeat his offensive explosion?
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,917

Post#2038 » by basketballRob » Fri May 3, 2024 1:52 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Can Banchero repeat his offensive explosion?
Franz and Banchero have been taking turns.

JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,411

Post#2039 » by JujitsuFlip » Fri May 3, 2024 2:08 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Can Banchero repeat his offensive explosion?
Allen hasn't practiced yet, so probably won't play tonight. Magic lost by 1 in game 5 so i fully expect a Magic win, since they're one of the best home teams in the league this season.

I'm just hoping its not another blowout.
MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#2040 » by MassimoPayne » Fri May 3, 2024 3:09 pm

Magic just need two games where Paolo AND Franz are making shots

Return to The General Board