2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #3 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #6 Phoenix Suns (MIN SWEEPS 4-0)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Winner

Timberwolves in 4
12%
Timberwolves in 5
14%
Timberwolves in 6
20%
Timberwolves in 7
12%
Suns in 4
3%
Suns in 5
5%
Suns in 6
26%
Suns in 7
9%

Total votes: 292

CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,048

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #3 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #6 Phoenix Suns (MIN leads 1-0) 

Post#662 » by CobraCommander » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:01 pm

Phystic wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Damn I had PHX in the upset.

KD really fell off man. No excuses why he keeps failing with the talented teams he's played for. PHX got to the Finals with a aging CP3. KD has to do better.

:crazy: blaming KD when he's the only Suns player that showed up

Showing up is getting the win.

We know KD can generate buckets for himself but can he generate wins for the team?

It’s why Jokic and Giannis have surpassed him on the all time list already and We expect Luka and SGA to surpass him as well. Getting buckets but having your team under achieve is what we saw from Melo for years - no one is impressed - well I’m not
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,095

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #3 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #6 Phoenix Suns (MIN leads 1-0) 

Post#663 » by Bourne85 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:06 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:

KD really fell off man. No excuses why he keeps failing with the talented teams he's played for. PHX got to the Finals with a aging CP3. KD has to do better.

Literally was in a perfect situation in Golden State. Him and Curry could’ve been winning titles for many consecutive years. Instead he got in his feelings thanks to Draymond and the fans making fun of him for joining Curry and now he will never win again. Dumb as rocks

Kd trades curry and Klay for harden and kyrie and then Booker and Beal - at some point we gotta accept that KD ain’t that guy-

Curry got a chip with and without KD and KD has played with way more talent than Curry.

KD is not a top 20 all time player - fight me- but given the talent kd has played with post GSW, Giannis and Jokic and damn near anyone else would have more rings -

Maybe he isn’t, but he fit like a glove in GS. They were unbeatable without injuries. He let social media memes and Dray losing his cool get to him
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,833

Post#664 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:06 pm

Phystic wrote:

Nah bro he's the Gauud!

The Gauud should win every game. How many times will we blame his team. He chose these loaded teams. They come up short every time.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,657

Post#665 » by Phystic » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:12 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
Phystic wrote:

We know KD can generate buckets for himself but can he generate wins for the team?

It’s why Jokic and Giannis have surpassed him on the all time list already and We expect Luka and SGA to surpass him as well. Getting buckets but having your team under achieve is what we saw from Melo for years - no one is impressed - well I’m not

No it's not. Winning requires team effort that's why Jokic last prior to last year. And Giannis did too.

Didn't say to be impressed. That loss is not on KD.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#666 » by CobraCommander » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:13 pm

Bourne85 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
Literally was in a perfect situation in Golden State. Him and Curry could’ve been winning titles for many consecutive years. Instead he got in his feelings thanks to Draymond and the fans making fun of him for joining Curry and now he will never win again. Dumb as rocks

Kd trades curry and Klay for harden and kyrie and then Booker and Beal - at some point we gotta accept that KD ain’t that guy-

Curry got a chip with and without KD and KD has played with way more talent than Curry.

KD is not a top 20 all time player - fight me- but given the talent kd has played with post GSW, Giannis and Jokic and damn near anyone else would have more rings -

Maybe he isn’t, but he fit like a glove in GS. They were unbeatable without injuries. He let social media memes and Dray losing his cool get to him

Top 10 skills bottom 2000000 mindset

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5Tp4TqyJy5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

All the talent and none of the intangibles
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,833

Post#667 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:16 pm

Phystic wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
Phystic wrote: :crazy: blaming KD when he's the only Suns player that showed up

No it's not. Winning requires team effort that's why Jokic last prior to last year. And Giannis did too.

Bro KD ain't that guy.

Accept reality his time has passed. He's just a twitter guy now who happens to play ball. Nobody taking KD led teams seriously anymore.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#668 » by CobraCommander » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:18 pm

Phystic wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
Phystic wrote: :crazy: blaming KD when he's the only Suns player that showed up

Ok let me be clear -

I’m saying KD is a great player -

But when I compare him to the greatest players - the absolute best- they will their teams to win… give me that one time KD literally was the catalyst that took a team that has no business winning and he overcame the situation and the team won?

I’ll wait - this dude goes into every series with the best players on his squad and somehow minus curry - he loses - no other great says that
HayKee
Senior
And1: 962

Post#669 » by HayKee » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:27 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
Phystic wrote:

We expect SGA to surpass KD? Who is “we”?
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,830

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #3 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #6 Phoenix Suns 

Post#670 » by Mk0 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:28 pm

Mk0 wrote:KD is good for a win and Booker probably goes bananas in a game scoring like 56 but they still lose in 6.
This Suns team is as unpredictable as it gets. I wouldn't trust them.

This has Ant Man coming out party written all over it.

Bump.
I believe in Ant Edwards. This dude is going to take over Team USA. He is gonna look at Steph and LeBron like MJ did at Bird and Magic.

This dude has "My turn motherf#%kers" written all over his face.

And I am here for it!
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#671 » by moss_is_1 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:30 pm

HayKee wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:It’s why Jokic and Giannis have surpassed him on the all time list already and We expect Luka and SGA to surpass him as well. Getting buckets but having your team under achieve is what we saw from Melo for years - no one is impressed - well I’m not

Yeah this is insane. How about SGA wins a playoff series before we starting put him above KD.
srhcan
Starter
And1: 1,618

Post#672 » by srhcan » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:42 pm

KD showed up but Booker and Beal did not. Also Nurkic need help, he cannot take on both Gobert and KAT. Allen need to show up in playoffs to validate his big contract.
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 964

Post#673 » by firedavidkahn » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=boh13PopSLuMCLUchZB9IQ&s=19
Read on Twitter
?t=apGjZMlHGzqkb2hg_EIllA&s=19
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,830

Post#674 » by Mk0 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:08 am

firedavidkahn wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=boh13PopSLuMCLUchZB9IQ&s=19
Read on Twitter
?t=apGjZMlHGzqkb2hg_EIllA&s=19

This guy is the best
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#675 » by CobraCommander » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:09 am

moss_is_1 wrote:
HayKee wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:It’s why Jokic and Giannis have surpassed him on the all time list already and We expect Luka and SGA to surpass him as well. Getting buckets but having your team under achieve is what we saw from Melo for years - no one is impressed - well I’m not

Yeah this is insane. How about SGA wins a playoff series before we starting put him above KD.

He ain’t did it yet - I said I expect Luka and SGA to surpass KD…. Sorry guys -

KD a soft dude with god tier talent

At the top - everyone talented and talent is trumped by attitude and heart-
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#676 » by CobraCommander » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:20 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
Phystic wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Showing up is getting the win.

Bro KD ain't that guy.

Accept reality his time has passed. He's just a twitter guy now who happens to play ball. Nobody taking KD led teams seriously anymore.

Exactly - this dude too cool for it he is just hooping
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,317

Post#677 » by TheHartBreakKid » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:45 am

Man, I can't believe I'm here defending KD out of all people. I can't believe I'm defending a Suns player right now.

But man, it was one game.KD actually gave more effort than his fellow costars, even though that was an embarrassing showing by the whole team, and more importantly the Wolves weren't messing around.

We just saw a 22 year old Anthony Edwards put on a masterpiece. It's the first day of the playoffs. I'm all for **** on KD, but it really shouldn't be this high on anyone's priority list right now.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,034

Post#678 » by BigGargamel » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:35 am

Not a surprising result. The T'Wolves are really good. The average fan is just really slow to adjust to non-traditional teams becoming very good. Nuggets last year, Thunder and Wolves this year.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,825

Post#679 » by shrink » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:40 am

Mk0 wrote:This guy is the best

He’s great. There is a rumor that his wife and daughters will feed him a phrase, and see if he can slide it into these interviews! :lol:
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,317

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #3 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #6 Phoenix Suns 

Post#680 » by TheHartBreakKid » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:41 am

Edit: wrong thread

Return to The General Board