2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN WINS 4-1)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Nuggets in 4
27%
Nuggets in 5
38%
Nuggets in 6
17%
Nuggets in 7
1%
Lakers in 7
5%
Lakers in 6
8%
Lakers in 5
0%
Lakers in 4
3%

Total votes: 404

NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,650

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 3-1) 

Post#5361 » by NCHeels2008 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:22 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
I don't care about last years playoffs, I've said many times I think it was a fairly weak run to the championship. Seeding wise it was worst all time. And so far this playoffs all you're doing is beating the same Lakers team with Lebron even a year old. Not impressed yet, your run if you can make one starts now.

I just said it doesn't hurt to have hca and OKC's only chance would be to have it. Minnesota is a better matchup with Denver and doesn't necessarily need it in my opinion. I do not consider Dallas a serious contender because Luka isn't right and Kidd is the worst coach in the league. Clippers do not have a healthy Kawhi and it's 2-2, which is also why Clippers are not a serious contender in the long run they don't have a healthy Kawhi.

Not impressed with last year teams who were 100% more proven than this years young teams? You don't become jugernouts by winning 1 playoffs series after 20 years. It is on Minnesota and OKC to prove they belong with big boys, not on champs.

You got the Wolves with no Reid and no McDaniels, and Ant was 21, you got the Suns with Durant suffering an injury with what should have ended his season in March but he came back hobbled with old Chris Paul and playoff choker Booker, you got these same Lakers with 38 year old Lebron, and you got the Heat who's basically just Jimmy and a bunch of good defenders/3 point shooters. I'm not impressed and I'm not changing my mind. Win this one I will be impressed. Part of you should feel the same you want 1 championship or do you want a dynasty?

You're right these teams are unproven, so it should be no problem to win another one. Before last year what were the Nuggets? Unproven. You made the one WCF in the bubble but so. Dallas made the WCF in 2022 but no one calls them proven. Dallas and Clippers have both made the WCF but you're calling them unproven.

I believe the Warriors won one playoff series before going on to become a dynasty. So things can change.

What was Dallas doing last year since the West/NBA was so easy to win?
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,288

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 3-1) 

Post#5362 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:37 pm

NCHeels2008 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:
Not impressed with last year teams who were 100% more proven than this years young teams? You don't become jugernouts by winning 1 playoffs series after 20 years. It is on Minnesota and OKC to prove they belong with big boys, not on champs.

You got the Wolves with no Reid and no McDaniels, and Ant was 21, you got the Suns with Durant suffering an injury with what should have ended his season in March but he came back hobbled with old Chris Paul and playoff choker Booker, you got these same Lakers with 38 year old Lebron, and you got the Heat who's basically just Jimmy and a bunch of good defenders/3 point shooters. I'm not impressed and I'm not changing my mind. Win this one I will be impressed. Part of you should feel the same you want 1 championship or do you want a dynasty?

You're right these teams are unproven, so it should be no problem to win another one. Before last year what were the Nuggets? Unproven. You made the one WCF in the bubble but so. Dallas made the WCF in 2022 but no one calls them proven. Dallas and Clippers have both made the WCF but you're calling them unproven.

I believe the Warriors won one playoff series before going on to become a dynasty. So things can change.

No one's going around comparing Luka to Jordan and Lebron like they are Jokic after 1 ring, and acting like they're unbeatable like people do the Nuggets. The Mavs were a mess last year people act like Luka and Kyrie were together all season, they actually only played 18 games together. And it's hard to pinpoint who the third best player even was.

The Nuggets will get their chance to prove they can beat better competition why Nugget fans argue that fact? You should relish it. It sounds like you're afraid. They literally beat 2 8 seeds and 1 7 seed, and a 4 seed. Never has a championship been won with the seeding being that low in the history of the NBA you guys act like they're a dynasty already.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,021

Post#5363 » by NyKnicks1714 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 pm

Denver is going to win, only question is if it's a blowout or another close game. Can see either happening.
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,688

Post#5364 » by Cubbies2120 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:53 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
NCHeels2008 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

No one's going around comparing Luka to Jordan and Lebron like they are Jokic after 1 ring, and acting like they're unbeatable like people do the Nuggets. The Mavs were a mess last year people act like Luka and Kyrie were together all season, they actually only played 18 games together. And it's hard to pinpoint who the third best player even was.

The Nuggets will get their chance to prove they can beat better competition why Nugget fans argue that fact? You should relish it. It sounds like you're afraid. They literally beat 2 8 seeds and 1 7 seed, and a 4 seed. Never has a championship been won with the seeding being that low in the history of the NBA you guys act like they're a dynasty already.

I can already see the excuses coming if the Nuggets win it all.

"They beat a Celtics team who JUST LOST TO THE 8 SEED THE PREVIOUS YEAR!!" :lol:

If they beat the Lakers, the #3 seed Wolves, the #1 seed Thunder, and #1 seed Celtics...this going down as the GOAT playoff run then?
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,681

Post#5365 » by AleksandarN » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:00 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
NCHeels2008 wrote:

"They beat a Celtics team who JUST LOST TO THE 8 SEED THE PREVIOUS YEAR!!" :lol:

If they beat the Lakers, the #3 seed Wolves, the #1 seed Thunder, and #1 seed Celtics...this going down as the GOAT playoff run then?

Yup if the path was so easy why didn’t any other team win it last year?
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,529

Post#5366 » by nbafan38 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:04 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:Denver is going to win, only question is if it's a blowout or another close game. Can see either happening.

Close game probably as lakers don't quit easily and the nuggets seem to pace themselves rather than go all for 48 minutes but worried about Murrays health. It could be much to do about nothing but if it's a real injury it's a big problem for Denver.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,529

Post#5367 » by nbafan38 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:07 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Line now at Denver -7, so public, as expected is jumping on this “easy” Lakers line.

If Vegas has a call on this, it ends tonight. And hopefully it does so we can start discussing the real series (Wolves vs. Nuggets)

I'd agree except the wildcard is Murrays health. I know he hasn't been a factor really this series except game 2 and the nuggets probably eeek this out even if he's not effective or doesn't play but it does make lakers +7 tempting although I wouldn't bet it personally.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,913

Post#5368 » by Jadoogar » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Yup if the path was so easy why didn’t any other team win it last year?

it's just loser talk. You can only play who's infront of you. They didn't avoid anyone strong in the west and it's not their fault the Bucks/Celtics lost to a vastly less talented team.
cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,549

Post#5369 » by cjx » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:18 pm

Rejoice in my prophetic vision, fam :lol:

Nuggets win game 5 by 17 points :lol:

MPJ drops 33 pts, King Joker drops 28 pts, 14 rebs & 11 asts and Reggie Jackson drops 16 pts :D

Nuggets Country, Let's Ride to Victory Again :cowboy:!!
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises
OriginalRed
Sixth Man
And1: 3,023

Post#5370 » by OriginalRed » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:31 pm

cjx wrote:Rejoice in my prophetic vision, fam :lol:

MPJ drops 33 pts, King Joker drops 28 pts, 14 rebs & 11 asts and Reggie Jackson drops 16 pts :D

See, I was with you until you said Reggie dropped 16.
chudak
Senior
And1: 331

Post#5371 » by chudak » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 pm

OriginalRed wrote:
cjx wrote:Rejoice in my prophetic vision, fam :lol:

See, I was with you until you said Reggie dropped 16.

Reggie due a 50 point game
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,471

Post#5372 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:56 pm

Lakers win tonight the NBA will make sure this goes 7.

Denver better close it out tonight.
OriginalRed
Sixth Man
And1: 3,023

Post#5373 » by OriginalRed » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:23 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Lakers win tonight the NBA will make sure this goes 7.

Can you imagine the headlines? Lebron being the first person to come back 0-3?

We'd never hear the end of it.
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,763

Post#5374 » by sikma42 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:28 pm

OriginalRed wrote:

Can you imagine the headlines? Lebron being the first person to come back 0-3?

We'd never hear the end of it.

Rightly so. No way it happens tho but it would destroy Jokic’s legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,583

Post#5375 » by Mrakar » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:31 pm

Lets see if Nuggets can overcome free lane to the hoop for Lakers with Jokic unable to play defense with 2 quick fouls in 1st quarter :roll:
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,248

Post#5376 » by Edrees » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:37 pm

nbafan38 wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:Denver is going to win, only question is if it's a blowout or another close game. Can see either happening.

Close game probably as lakers don't quit easily and the nuggets seem to pace themselves rather than go all for 48 minutes but worried about Murrays health. It could be much to do about nothing but if it's a real injury it's a big problem for Denver.

It's not about pacing yourself. The Lakers starting 5 beats the Denver starting 5, then the lakers bench eventually blows the lead or gives up momentum. This series is won by denver's bench vs lakers bench

Why doesn't the NBA just make sure it goes to 7 in tonight's game as well? Just give Jokic 2 early fouls then a 3rd and 4th in the 3rd quarter and it won't be as talked about since it wont be 4th quarter reffing.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,471

Post#5377 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:41 pm

Edrees wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:

It's not about pacing yourself. The Lakers starting 5 beats the Denver starting 5, then the lakers bench eventually blows the lead or gives up momentum. This series is won by denver's bench vs lakers bench

Why doesn't the NBA just make sure it goes to 7 in tonight's game? Tonight's the game you'd have to rig. Lakers are much more likely to win at home without ref help.
Kind of hard to do that on the Nuggets court.

Better believe if it goes back to LA we are definitely headed for 7 games.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,248

Post#5378 » by Edrees » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:41 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Edrees wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:

Why doesn't the NBA just make sure it goes to 7 in tonight's game? Tonight's the game you'd have to rig. Lakers are much more likely to win at home without ref help.
Kind of hard to do that on the Nuggets court.

Better believe if it goes back to LA we are definitely headed for 7 games.

No it isn't. The lakers lost game 2 in Denver by 2 points. Just give Lakers 2 more favorable foul calls in the 3rd quarter and they win. If I were a corrupt ref it'd be insanely easy to decide who wins a game. Can also give Jokic quick tick tack fouls in the 1st, not like that hasn't happened to him versus other teams over the season.

If the NBA is actually rigging games, then Lakers should have a 100% chance to win tonight. But more likely Lakers lose and people decide the NBA isn't rigged, until the Lakers win another playoff game in 2025 and suddenly it's rigged again.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,021

Post#5379 » by NyKnicks1714 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:42 pm

Mrakar wrote:Lets see if Nuggets can overcome free lane to the hoop for Lakers with Jokic unable to play defense with 2 quick fouls in 1st quarter :roll:

Nuggets are very likely winning in 5. At least save the straw-grasping for when they don't, lol.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,221

Post#5380 » by Tor_Raps » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:59 pm

Is there a chance Murray doesn't play today?

Return to The General Board