2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN WINS 4-1)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Nuggets in 4
27%
Nuggets in 5
38%
Nuggets in 6
17%
Nuggets in 7
1%
Lakers in 7
5%
Lakers in 6
8%
Lakers in 5
0%
Lakers in 4
3%

Total votes: 404

ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 3,186

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 3-1) 

Post#5341 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:52 am

BelgradeNugget wrote:He, he funny thing is people blaming Nuggets for losing to Spurs like that changed anything. To win championship you must go through the best teams. If they can beat Minnesota and OKC they will beat them, if not what is the difference? Like Clippers and Dallas are some scrubs. There is no easy opponent after 1st round in the West.

I think you'd have a great shot at beating them anyway due to their inexperience, but having that extra game at home against OKC with the altitude advantage doesn't hurt if you end up facing them, if they don't make it doesn't matter because after them you're essentially the #1 seed. It would have been worse if Minnesota had hca over you I think. But honestly I've got Minnesota over Denver anyway.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,019

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 3-1) 

Post#5342 » by BelgradeNugget » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:29 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:He, he funny thing is people blaming Nuggets for losing to Spurs like that changed anything. To win championship you must go through the best teams. If they can beat Minnesota and OKC they will beat them, if not what is the difference? Like Clippers and Dallas are some scrubs. There is no easy opponent after 1st round in the West.

I think you'd have a great shot at beating them anyway due to their inexperience, but having that extra game at home against OKC with the altitude advantage doesn't hurt if you end up facing them, if they don't make it doesn't matter because after them you're essentially the #1 seed. It would have been worse if Minnesota had hca over you I think. But honestly I've got Minnesota over Denver anyway.

Nuggets were 6-3 on the road in the playoffs last year. Beat Minnesota, Lakers 2x and after losing HCA to Miami, beat them 2 times in Miami. Those teams had much more experience than eather Minnesota or OKC.

You think Minnesota can beat Denver without HCA but Denver needs HCA for OKC. I don't think it is such big thing in the west. And I don't know why peaople are forgeting Dallas and LAC.
ChipotleWest
Analyst

Post#5343 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:33 am

BelgradeNugget wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Nuggets were 6-3 on the road in the playoffs last year. Beat Minnesota, Lakers 2x and after losing HCA to Miami, beat them 2 times in Miami. Those teams had much more experience than eather Minnesota or OKC.

You think Minnesota can beat Denver without HCA but Denver needs HCA for OKC. I don't think it is such big thing in the west. And I don't know why peaople are forgeting Dallas and LAC.

I don't care about last years playoffs, I've said many times I think it was a fairly weak run to the championship. Seeding wise it was worst all time. And so far this playoffs all you're doing is beating the same Lakers team with Lebron even a year old. Not impressed yet, your run if you can make one starts after the Lakers series ends.

I just said it doesn't hurt to have hca and OKC's only chance would be to have it. Minnesota is a better matchup with Denver and doesn't necessarily need it in my opinion. I do not consider Dallas a serious contender because Luka isn't right and Kidd is the worst coach in the league. Clippers do not have a healthy Kawhi and it's 2-2, which is also why Clippers are not a serious contender in the long run they don't have a healthy Kawhi.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran

Post#5344 » by BelgradeNugget » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:39 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

I don't care about last years playoffs, I've said many times I think it was a fairly weak run to the championship. Seeding wise it was worst all time. And so far this playoffs all you're doing is beating the same Lakers team with Lebron even a year old. Not impressed yet, your run if you can make one starts now.

I just said it doesn't hurt to have hca and OKC's only chance would be to have it. Minnesota is a better matchup with Denver and doesn't necessarily need it in my opinion. I do not consider Dallas a serious contender because Luka isn't right and Kidd is the worst coach in the league. Clippers do not have a healthy Kawhi and it's 2-2, which is also why Clippers are not a serious contender in the long run they don't have a healthy Kawhi.

Not impressed with last year teams who were 100% more proven than this years young teams? You don't become jugernouts by winning 1 playoffs series after 20 years. It is on Minnesota and OKC to prove they belong with big boys, not on champs.
ChipotleWest
Analyst

Post#5345 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:46 am

BelgradeNugget wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:Nuggets were 6-3 on the road in the playoffs last year. Beat Minnesota, Lakers 2x and after losing HCA to Miami, beat them 2 times in Miami. Those teams had much more experience than eather Minnesota or OKC.

I don't care about last years playoffs, I've said many times I think it was a fairly weak run to the championship. Seeding wise it was worst all time. And so far this playoffs all you're doing is beating the same Lakers team with Lebron even a year old. Not impressed yet, your run if you can make one starts now.

Not impressed with last year teams who were 100% more proven than this years young teams? You don't become jugernouts by winning 1 playoffs series after 20 years. It is on Minnesota and OKC to prove they belong with big boys, not on champs.

You got the Wolves with no Reid and no McDaniels, and Ant was 21, you got the Suns with Durant suffering an injury with what should have ended his season in March but he came back hobbled with old Chris Paul and playoff choker Booker, you got these same Lakers with 38 year old Lebron, and you got the Heat who's basically just Jimmy and a bunch of good defenders/3 point shooters. I'm not impressed and I'm not changing my mind. Win this one I will be impressed. Part of you should feel the same you want 1 championship or do you want a dynasty?

You're right these teams are unproven, so it should be no problem to win another one. Before last year what were the Nuggets? Unproven. You made the one WCF in the bubble but so. Dallas made the WCF in 2022 but no one calls them proven. Dallas and Clippers have both made the WCF but you're calling them unproven.

I believe the Warriors won one playoff series before going on to become a dynasty. So things can change.
ChipotleWest
Analyst

Post#5346 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:06 am

Denver might have caught another break in the second round already, the Wolves coach tore his patellar tendon. Hopefully the Wolves have good assistants.
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,973

Post#5347 » by mcmurphy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:14 am

ChipotleWest wrote: you got the Suns with Durant suffering an injury with what should have ended his season in March but he came back hobbled with old Chris Paul and playoff choker Booker

what kind of playoff did you see last season?

choker Booker??
37ppg with 0.686 ts%
pontius
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,115

Post#5348 » by pontius » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:28 am

mcmurphy wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote: you got the Suns with Durant suffering an injury with what should have ended his season in March but he came back hobbled with old Chris Paul and playoff choker Booker

what kind of playoff did you see last season?

choker Booker??
37ppg with 0.686 ts%

Booker was trash in Game 6. Cam Payne dropped 30. :lol:
BelgradeNugget
Veteran

Post#5349 » by BelgradeNugget » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:31 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

You got the Wolves with no Reid and no McDaniels, and Ant was 21, you got the Suns with Durant suffering an injury with what should have ended his season in March but he came back hobbled with old Chris Paul and playoff choker Booker, you got these same Lakers with 38 year old Lebron, and you got the Heat who's basically just Jimmy and a bunch of good defenders/3 point shooters. I'm not impressed and I'm not changing my mind. Win this one I will be impressed. Part of you should feel the same you want 1 championship or do you want a dynasty?

You're right these teams are unproven, so it should be no problem to win another one. Before last year what were the Nuggets? Unproven. You made the one WCF in the bubble but so. Dallas made the WCF in 2022 but no one calls them proven. Dallas and Clippers have both made the WCF but you're calling them unproven.

I believe the Warriors won one playoff series before going on to become a dynasty. So things can change.

Lakers beat you in play-inn with McDaniels, so? Beliving you are a good team this year is ok but beliving with Reid and McDaniels last year you could beat Denver is delusional.

About proven or not, Denver in its first playoffs with this team went to 2nd round and lost to more experienced Portland by 4 pts in game 7. Next season WCF. Next season no Murray 2nd round. Next year, no Murray, MPJ made playoffs. Last year champoinship.

Minnesota last year through play-inn gentlemans swep in 1st round. This year 2nd round. Bravo

You are not impressed. WHTF are you SAS? Perk? Nick Wrong?

EDIT: "Clippers have both made the WCF but you're calling them unproven" - I never called them unproved but just the oposite. OKC and Minnesota are unproven.
Special_Puppy
Rookie
And1: 896

Post#5350 » by Special_Puppy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:46 pm

Jta444 wrote:Game 5 - DEN loss jamal injury
Game 6 - DEN loss LA at home their role players will play well
Game 7 - DEN loss Lebron big game

Blame the damn nugs for being too relaxed after game 3 esp Jokic, no championship mentality. Man just goes to tell you how hard it is to repeat much less 3-peat. Much praise for Jordan (who did it 2x!!!), Shaq and Kobe. Lebron was only able to do a back to back repeat. Jordan’s 2 3-peats getting underrated because it was a long time ago and we remember Kobe and Lebron’s recent runs more

Jokic dropped 33/14/14 in game 4. Almost everyone else on the Nuggets was the problem
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,546

Post#5351 » by DOT » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:55 pm

Lakers really figured something out last game

I think they got them right where they want them now.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
chudak
Senior
And1: 331

Post#5352 » by chudak » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:03 pm

I am not impressed with ChipotleWest.

He needs to win a championship this year for me to change my oppinion.
chudak
Senior
And1: 331

Post#5353 » by chudak » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:05 pm

Special_Puppy wrote:
Jta444 wrote:Game 5 - DEN loss jamal injury
Game 6 - DEN loss LA at home their role players will play well
Game 7 - DEN loss Lebron big game

Blame the damn nugs for being too relaxed after game 3 esp Jokic, no championship mentality. Man just goes to tell you how hard it is to repeat much less 3-peat. Much praise for Jordan (who did it 2x!!!), Shaq and Kobe. Lebron was only able to do a back to back repeat. Jordan’s 2 3-peats getting underrated because it was a long time ago and we remember Kobe and Lebron’s recent runs more

Jokic dropped 33/14/14 in game 4. Almost everyone else on the Nuggets was the problem

Game 5 - DEN loss jamal injury

what if it is LAL loss jamal injury or LAL loss davis or lebron injury
Jazz9
Analyst
And1: 6,522

Post#5354 » by Jazz9 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:41 pm

I see the Nuggets coming out focused and ending the series next game.
Can't let the Wolves have too much rest.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,541

Post#5355 » by EmpireFalls » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:57 pm

I hate the term must win for non-elimination games but Denver really should win this game. They need the rest, Murray dealing with an injury, and if they do lose, they gotta fly back to LA and battle hard in Game 6 on Thursday.

Not optimal whatsoever given that the Wolves just swept. They need to get it done tonight.

The series is over but it’s still a team with AD and LeBron James. You don’t want to give those guys more opportunities
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,307

Post#5356 » by durden_tyler » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:10 pm

Line now at Denver -7, so public, as expected is jumping on this “easy” Lakers line.

If Vegas has a call on this, it ends tonight. And hopefully it does so we can start discussing the real series (Wolves vs. Nuggets)
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Wigginstime
Sixth Man
And1: 2,511

Post#5357 » by Wigginstime » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:52 pm

If i was the Nuggets, I would sit Murray to rest and ask MPJ to plan on shooting 30+ shots. MPJ has been amazing and really needs a lot more touches.
One Last Shot
Starter
And1: 2,900

Post#5359 » by One Last Shot » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:00 pm

Wigginstime wrote:If i was the Nuggets, I would sit Murray to rest and ask MPJ to plan on shooting 30+ shots. MPJ has been amazing and really needs a lot more touches.

This is the fastest way to break a man's confidence for an entire playoffs run especially for someone like MPJ who should be vulnerable mentally with what's going on with his family, put more pressure on him to carry them offensively rather than play within the flow of the game where he thrives.
Swish77
Junior
And1: 84

Post#5360 » by Swish77 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:13 pm

Nuggets close it out tonight.

Return to The General Board