2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN WINS 4-1)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Nuggets in 4
27%
Nuggets in 5
38%
Nuggets in 6
17%
Nuggets in 7
1%
Lakers in 7
5%
Lakers in 6
8%
Lakers in 5
0%
Lakers in 4
3%

Total votes: 404

LaLover11
Rookie
And1: 706

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 3-0) 

Post#4361 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:23 pm

whatisacenter wrote:LeBron's defense was pretty embarrassing last night. He lost AG in the half-court so many times it's not even funny.

dLo was totally embarrassing.

The rest of the team was about what you could expect.

Give Dinwiddie credit... He scored 8pts!
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,869

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 3-0) 

Post#4362 » by Jadoogar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:25 pm

Bank Shot wrote:"The Lakers would have beat any other team in the West" feels like this year's "closest sweep ever."

i don't even know if that's true. Minnesota has looked fantastic and matches up well with the Lakers. Luka is Luka. Clippers and Suns have a ton of well rounded scoring. I don't think the Lakers would be a favourite against any of those teams.
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,802

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 2-0) 

Post#4363 » by G35 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:28 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:I talk about Lebron's prime all the time while it's an all time great career it's not the GOAT, but this ain't his prime so I give him sort of a pass. He's the best 39 year old of all time though, and this is what you get when you face the Nuggets with that.

But what does that mean, the best 39 year old all time. Who is going to build around a 39 year old...no one. Lebron has one of the top 5-10 players right next to him and he's having to fight to get into the play in every year.

I've said multiple times, the way Lebron plays, his approach, his style of leadership is to make himself look good. It doesn't mean the pieces around him will excel. We always keep hearing, "The rest of the team needs to show up, the Lakers haven't played a game where everyone played an A game." and you never will see that.

What team has Lebron been on where every player played well...and if it ain't the role players, its the coach.

When Pau Gasol got traded to the Lakers in 2008 in the middle of the season, Pau and Kobe clicked just like that. Then you know what everyone said? "The Lakers have the best frontline, they should be winning, its not really Kobe." That is a disingenuous argument.

True impact of a great player is when you make other players great...you turn other players into All Stars. You go play with Lebron and you instantly turn into a scrub......
I'm so tired of the typical......
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,924

Post#4364 » by chrismikayla » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:29 pm

What happened to Spencer Dinwiddie? Wasn’t he pretty good with Dallas and New Jersey? He has to be better than DLO right?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[gfycat][/gfycat]
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,130

Post#4365 » by slick_watts » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

lebron and AD being so healthy all year and playing well in the playoffs but still losing to denver like this is nuts.
AlexanderRight
Senior
And1: 768

Post#4366 » by AlexanderRight » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
AlexanderRight wrote:- 2 1st Round ass whoopings
- 2 Seasons not even in the playoffs
- 1 Sweep in the WCF
- 1 Micky Mouse trophy

Would you do it all again Lakers fans?

We were 35-47 the season before we landed LeBron and hadn’t made the playoffs for 6 consecutive seasons. You’re really asking if we would choose to continue stare into an abyss or take a guaranteed championship? This is a rich coming from a Spurs fan.

If you include the IST, I guess you can count them both as one title on a drunk night. Better than not getting laid at all for some people I suppose. :lol:
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,505

Post#4367 » by JRoy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm

slick_watts wrote:lebron and AD being so healthy all year and playing well in the playoffs but still losing to denver like this is nuts.

It’s great.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,924

Post#4368 » by chrismikayla » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:37 pm

OriginalRed wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Manimal wrote:Incredible performance by the Nuggets tonight. Personally I thought they would have been shaking in their boots after looking up and seeing this hanging in the rafters.

Would be a funny joke if we didn’t have 17 championship banners.

That's kinda what makes it funny. That banner has no business being up there lol.

Kobe (RIP) would have cussed everyone out before he allowed that banner to be put up.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[gfycat][/gfycat]
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,802

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 2-0) 

Post#4369 » by G35 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:39 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
G35 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:LeBron legacy is set either he's your GOAT or the runner up.

If you still holding a 40 yr old LeBron accountable then the jokes on you.

How many teams have owned Lebron in his career?
- The Spurs twice beat his teams down bad in the finals
- Then the Warriors came out of nowhere and put together a dynasty right in the middle of Lebron's prime
- Now the Nuggets came out of nowhere and have owned Lebron for 10 straight games and on the verge of sweeping him twice

This is why people talk about how Lebron had a cakewalk in the East...notice all those teams that actually challenged Lebron teams are all from the West.....

Bro he's 40.

His career should be done. You showing why he's the GOAT still holding him accountable for championships at 40 is cray cray.

Accept reality LeBron championship days are long gone. Lakers honestly shouldn't even be a playoff team.

Bro I never wanted Lebron on the Lakers, I knew this was going to happen. That bubble gum ring is the only thing keeping this last five years from being a total disaster.

Who starts building around a demanding 35 year old and look how its ending. Being swept in back to back years. I said a long time ago Lebron has no trade value, it was the Lakers who were the only ones who would give Lebron what he wanted, trade all your young players and draft picks so you can make the play-in every year and oh yeah, don't forget that in-season tournament. Sure going to remember that one.

What team has a worse looking future than the Lakers.....
I'm so tired of the typical......
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,869

Post#4370 » by Jadoogar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:46 pm

Is Aaron Grade the most underrated trade in recent memory? Nuggets got him for RJ Hampton and 2 late FRPs. He's slightly over qualified to be the 4th option but he's a seamless fit with the team and does everything the team needs from him
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 456

Post#4371 » by superunknown » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,145
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#4372 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:12 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
Bank Shot wrote:"The Lakers would have beat any other team in the West" feels like this year's "closest sweep ever."

i don't even know if that's true. Minnesota has looked fantastic and matches up well with the Lakers. Luka is Luka. Clippers and Suns have a ton of well rounded scoring. I don't think the Lakers would be a favourite against any of those teams.

It’s not true. It’s people trying to find a silver lining where there isn’t one. The team isn’t close to being an actual contender as constructed.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,450

Post#4373 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:15 pm

jus a fan wrote:
B-easy wrote:Lakers beat every other team in the Western conference. They got unlucky with Nuggets first round.

Can we stop with this I keep hearing this from Laker fans Like they dominated the west except for Den hear are the H2H records this year

Vs OKC 3-1
vs Den 0-3
vs Minn 1-3
vs LAC 3-1
vs Dall 1-2
vs PHX 3-2
vs No 3-1
vs SAC 0-4
vs GS 1-3

they have not beat Den or Sac they have lost the season series vs Den, Minn, Dall, Sac and GS and won the series series vs OKC LAC PHX and NO.

If they would have lost to NO in Play In they had more of a chance of getting eliminated by either Sac or GS than getting to play a better matchup in OKC in 1st round.

lets try to acknowledge Lakers were not that good this year I dont think I can take another summer of Lakers were 2nd best team in west just unlucky they played Den.

Last season the Lakers were the lucky ones getting to the WCF

And in their one win over Minnesota, they were losing going into the 4th quarter despite Gobert, Towns and Anderson not playing.
10DayContract
Veteran
And1: 2,485

Post#4374 » by 10DayContract » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:36 pm

AlexanderRight wrote:- 2 1st Round ass whoopings
- 2 Seasons not even in the playoffs
- 1 Sweep in the WCF
- 1 Micky Mouse trophy

Would you do it all again Lakers fans?

No. As a SoCal native, and life-long Laker fan, I personally hated this era.

This Laker era reminded me of when your favorite show loses its main cast and writers, but the network refuses to end the show because it thinks it can milk it dry. It felt like Saved By the Bell: The New Class.
10DayContract
Veteran
And1: 2,485

Post#4375 » by 10DayContract » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:39 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
B-easy wrote:He was getting carried towards the end of his career. Bulls as a team are heavily underrated.

Who was carrying him? If it was that easy, why did the Bulls only make it to the ECF the one year he was gone?

Listen I don't think Jordan was carried, but your post isn't the best example of what you're trying to portray :lol:

They didn't make the ECF. They took the Eastern Conference Champions (Knicks), to 7 games in the Semis (Round 2).

People keep spreading this lie that they went to ECFs lol. The Pacers also took the Knicks to Game 7 in the 94 ECFs.
dWadeOwnzYou
Pro Prospect
And1: 569

Post#4376 » by dWadeOwnzYou » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:45 pm

All I gotta say is that realGM should be on lock down tomorrow night if the Nugs ended up sweeping the Lakers. If today is any indication of how out of control a Lakers or a Lebron Vs MJ discussion thread is, tomorrow will be much worse I tell you that.
liquidswords
Pro Prospect
And1: 966

Post#4377 » by liquidswords » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 pm

slick_watts wrote:lebron and AD being so healthy all year and playing well in the playoffs but still losing to denver like this is nuts.

Playing well needs to be in quotes - Lebron has been a turnstile defensively and AD hasn't put a full 48 together don't let those numbers fool you
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 2,862

Post#4378 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:56 pm

G35 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I talk about Lebron's prime all the time while it's an all time great career it's not the GOAT, but this ain't his prime so I give him sort of a pass. He's the best 39 year old of all time though, and this is what you get when you face the Nuggets with that.

But what does that mean, the best 39 year old all time. .

Absolutely nothing, it was sort of a back handed compliment. This is what you get swept with the best 39 year old ever.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,236

Post#4379 » by MikeTheKid » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:01 pm

GeorgeSears wrote:
Ryoga Hibiki wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

neve forget #clowns

I've been looking for that first clip everywhere.

Here's the thing, I wouldn't hold it against someone to be dismissive of the Nuggets title chances in 2023 because they were swept in round 2 in 2021, and lost in 5 in 2022. Even when Murray came back, the team was still considered young and untested. The bubble run, at the time, was considered a product of the circumstances. The Nuggets fans, and the organization, knew how good this team was. That's why Tim Connelly built the TWolves roster to be able to compete with them because he knew what was coming when Murray came back.

The big issue I have is with people like Ramona Shelburne and Dave McMenamin, and to a lesser extent Lisa Salters. But those two in particular have the EASIEST job in the world. They live in LA and just cover the Lakers. Imagine the kind of connections you have to have in the ESPN to be this untalented, to not get laid off like everyone else was getting laid off, and just to cover one team in one city. Windhorst covers the Lakers extensively, but Windy's talented and actually breaks stories and provides good analysis. They have two people who have so much airtime covering one team and both suck at their jobs. What does that say about ESPN as a whole?

Dave McMenamin is just a Lebron stalker just like Windhorst started as back in the early 2000s when Lebron was in HS. McMenamin covered Lebron for ESPN when he went back to Cleveland after he left Miami and then when LBJ went to LA, ESPN sent McMenamin to cover the Lakers. McMenamin is a hack who throws Lebron softball questions and kisses the arse of the team he plays for. That's all
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,395

Post#4380 » by levon » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:01 pm

dWadeOwnzYou wrote:All I gotta say is that realGM should be on lock down tomorrow night if the Nugs ended up sweeping the Lakers. If today is any indication of how out of control a Lakers or a Lebron Vs MJ discussion thread is, tomorrow will be much worse I tell you that.

They'll need to call in the national guard

Return to The General Board