2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN WINS 4-1)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Nuggets in 4
27%
Nuggets in 5
38%
Nuggets in 6
17%
Nuggets in 7
1%
Lakers in 7
5%
Lakers in 6
8%
Lakers in 5
0%
Lakers in 4
3%

Total votes: 404

WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 253

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 2-0) 

Post#2961 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:56 pm

dWadeOwnzYou wrote:Who the heck was Dlo guarding on that last play, the air? Why did he sag off on Murray?
Lol he can't guard anyone even if he tries. I would have replaced him with Dinwiddie or Gabe at the end.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,539

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 2-0) 

Post#2962 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:56 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:Lebron and Dlo complaining about the refs is hilarious. Net ft differential 3x the next closest team over last 2 years. Lebron got away with a push off and choked the wide open 3.

In fairness that pushoff was def a flop that was trying to draw a foul on LeBron... Funny thing giving him that extra time likely made him miss the shot more than if it was contested.
KDS91
RealGM
And1: 4,524

Post#2963 » by KDS91 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:01 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why do I think the Jokic brothers would make a decent faction in the WWE or something?
JM00n69
Ballboy
And1: 51

Post#2964 » by JM00n69 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:03 pm

lets not forget elDiva has got/or tried to get rid of any competent coach hes had. stuck with the ham sandwich now
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#2965 » by spanishninja » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:06 pm

Potential wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:The greatest doubleheader in nba history. Like others said thank god it was on TNT.

hey man what if I wanted to watch the games with **** ESPN announcers and a 720p quality?

Glad I'm not the only one. I also enjoy the horrible new upbeat theme music with 24/7 audio issues

but hey at least the current setup makes the announcers appear to be wizards, as the sound feed is ahead of the video slightly so that the announcers call a make just before it happens.
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,791

Post#2966 » by G35 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:06 pm

Jokic has been the best example of why Lebron and his ring chasing and team building and style of play is not the best.

All you ever hear from when Lebron was in Cleveland, in Miami, in Cleveland again, and now in LA is that Lebron's teammates do not step up...Lebron has to do so much and its never enough. Even after having Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Kyle Korver, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, KCP, Kyle Kuzma, Alex Caruso, Anthony Davis, Dwight Howard, Dennis Schroeder, Malik Monk, Russell Westbrook...the list goes on and on.

But then you see Denver and how Jokic is playing with his teammates and none of them are even All-Star level players...their good players but have not made an All-Star game. But you hear all the time from the media and fans that these players keep producing...they perform...the Nuggets know how to play team basketball. All you have to do is watch one game and you can see how these Nuggets players work in a system and KNOW THEIR ROLE. Nobody is trying to do too much...even Joker stays in his lane.

Joker didn't snatch the ball from Jamal and say I have to take the last shot. They trust each other and they believe in each other and that is what Jamal said about his teammates and his coach. They believed in him.

When have you ever heard Lebron's teammates say anything like they have trust...its always, "Well we gotta get use to playing with each other...and we are making adjustments...and its a process."

This is why playing with Lebron is always a challenge because Lebron is the system and his teammates don't know how to play off Lebron. When you are in a role, you know exactly what you need to do. Yes star players have the latitude to go off script at times but they still have to all have a role.

Remember what the halftime crew noted about Lebron and AD at halftime...all they did was work on the two man game with each other. Why? Lebron and AD can get that any time. They should be working on how to get the rest of the team going. You can't depend on DLo getting hot to win games in the playoffs...that is not a strategy, that is hope....
I'm so tired of the typical......
VicG
Head Coach
And1: 2,023

Post#2967 » by VicG » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:08 pm

Nitpicking cuz DLo had 7 3s but on that MPJ 3 he did a great job cutting in front of Jokic forcing a wild pass but then... he literally just stood in the same spot until MPJ got the pass. He should've followed the play.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,981

Post#2968 » by Liam_Gallagher » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:19 pm

The Lakers play the Nuggets so tough but they can never beat them. In all four games in last year's WCF the game was within rich in the 4th quarter. Game 1 of this series was actually the most lob-sided out of all of them.

It's the same exact story. Both teams and their stars play each other tough for the first 3.5 quarters and then the Nuggets pull ahead at the end of the game. This series is over - the Lakers are toast. You can't beat this team 4 out of the next 6 when they've lost 10 in a row.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,538

Post#2969 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:27 pm

G35 wrote:Jokic has been the best example of why Lebron and his ring chasing and team building and style of play is not the best.

All you ever hear from when Lebron was in Cleveland, in Miami, in Cleveland again, and now in LA is that Lebron's teammates do not step up...Lebron has to do so much and its never enough. Even after having Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Kyle Korver, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, KCP, Kyle Kuzma, Alex Caruso, Anthony Davis, Dwight Howard, Dennis Schroeder, Malik Monk, Russell Westbrook...the list goes on and on.

But then you see Denver and how Jokic is playing with his teammates and none of them are even All-Star level players...their good players but have not made an All-Star game. But you hear all the time from the media and fans that these players keep producing...they perform...the Nuggets know how to play team basketball. All you have to do is watch one game and you can see how these Nuggets players work in a system and KNOW THEIR ROLE. Nobody is trying to do too much...even Joker stays in his lane.

Joker didn't snatch the ball from Jamal and say I have to take the last shot. They trust each other and they believe in each other and that is what Jamal said about his teammates and his coach. They believed in him.

When have you ever heard Lebron's teammates say anything like they have trust...its always, "Well we gotta get use to playing with each other...and we are making adjustments...and its a process."

This is why playing with Lebron is always a challenge because Lebron is the system and his teammates don't know how to play off Lebron. When you are in a role, you know exactly what you need to do. Yes star players have the latitude to go off script at times but they still have to all have a role.

Remember what the halftime crew noted about Lebron and AD at halftime...all they did was work on the two man game with each other. Why? Lebron and AD can get that any time. They should be working on how to get the rest of the team going. You can't depend on DLo getting hot to win games in the playoffs...that is not a strategy, that is hope....

This is all well and good, but this Denver team probably won't repeat if they're struggling with the Lakers, they certainly wouldn't stand a chance against the KD, Curry Warriors, and Jamal Murray is better than anyone LeBron played with in his first stint in Cleveland
FuShengTHEGreat
Veteran
And1: 1,151

Post#2970 » by FuShengTHEGreat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:28 pm

I just can't stand AD sometimes. His high FG% efficiency is misleading, a lot of the time he's spoonfed easy dunks or shots close to the rim.

But at times like last night they need him to post up and score 1 on 1, he just disappears, becomes disinterested and gets lost in the mix.

If he stayed aggressive, the Lakers wouldve won by at least 10 last night. He should've continued his torrid pace and ended up with at least 40 pts.

Nobody on Denver can guard him.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,103

Post#2971 » by ItsDanger » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:34 pm

FuShengTHEGreat wrote:I just can't stand AD sometimes. His high FG% efficiency is misleading, a lot of the time he's spoonfed easy dunks or shots close to the rim.

But at times like last night they need him to post up and score 1 on 1, he just disappears, becomes disinterested and gets lost in the mix.

If he stayed aggressive, the Lakers wouldve won by at least 10 last night. He should've continued his torrid pace and ended up with at least 40 pts.

But that is how you guard certain players. You know they'll settle for a certain minimum.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,760

Post#2972 » by TinmanZBoy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:40 pm

G35 wrote:Jokic has been the best example of why Lebron and his ring chasing and team building and style of play is not the best.

Curry proceeded Jokic
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,836

Post#2973 » by jc23 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:40 pm

FuShengTHEGreat wrote:I just can't stand AD sometimes. His high FG% efficiency is misleading, a lot of the time he's spoonfed easy dunks or shots close to the rim.

Thats just apart of who AD is; if it was in him to remain aggressive all 48 he would be a MVP.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,052

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 1-0) 

Post#2974 » by Drakeem » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:41 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Drakeem wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
What you talking about? You don't care about his political views but you're ok with his brother killing someone? If Kenny Albert is gonna say he's playing with a heavy heart then perhaps he should also inform the viewer that the heavy heart is actually over his brother drunkenly killing someone.

It was a bull remark and the Porter family feelings on the matter isn't to be sympathize with. It was a bizarre thing to bring up considering the Porters aren't the victims here.
You can feel for a guy who just had one brother banned from the league and the other being sentenced to jail. Even if the brother was the one at fault, as MPJ, it's still on your mind and its still something that's impacting your mental state.

I'm not having sympathy for the murderer; I'm having some sympathy for the guy who isn't involved in any of this but has to be dragged into it now and has to help and support the rest of his family.

There are real people with real problems. I don't need to hear about how this millionaire is having a bad week cause his brother killed someone.

It wasn't the time or the place and the narrative by Albert was clear, look at him put on his big boy pants and goto work even though his personal life is a mess

It was embarrassing
I don't think it's as embarrassing as you feeling this passionately about it
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
Drakeem
Sixth Man

Post#2975 » by Drakeem » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:45 pm

I got flamed when I said that Bubble AD was the only time I've ever seen AD step into that franchise cornerstone role. It's not just about how much you score, how efficiently you score, but can you take the game over at the right times and make the right plays. AD just isn't assertive enough and can't get his at any moment in time. Idk if it's an issue with the tools he has vs mentality anymore, but he's just not that guy.

FuShengTHEGreat
Veteran
And1: 1,151

Post#2976 » by FuShengTHEGreat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:55 pm

Drakeem wrote:

I got flamed when I said that Bubble AD was the only time I've ever seen AD step into that franchise cornerstone role. It's not just about how much you score, how efficiently you score, but can you take the game over at the right times and make the right plays. AD just isn't assertive enough and can't get his at any moment in time. Idk if it's an issue with the tools he has vs mentality anymore, but he's just not that guy.

Yeah, like if you look at the statsheet last night you'll see 32/11 & 14 for 19 from the floor and go wow what a game.

But despite being efficient and leading them in scoring/rebounding as far as I'm concerned AD was the reason they lost. It's like he ran the 100 meter dash and blew everyone away when in fact it was a 400 meter race.

How does a guy start out so red hot and then just competely vanish? Like if a guy starts missing a lot of shots and cools off, then ok, you look elsewhere.

Bad coaching to not go to him more. And also too passive from him as well.
Drakeem
Sixth Man

Post#2977 » by Drakeem » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:57 pm

FuShengTHEGreat wrote:
Drakeem wrote:

Yeah, like if you look at the statsheet last night you'll see 32/11 & 14 for 19 from the floor and go wow what a game.

But despite being efficient and leading them in scoring/rebounding as far as I'm concerned AD was the reason they lost. It's like he ran the 100 meter dash and blew everyone away when in fact it was a 400 meter race.

How does a guy start out so red hot and then just competely vanish? Like if a guy starts missing a lot of shots and cools off, then ok, you look elsewhere.

Bad coaching to not go to him more. And also too passive from him as well.
Yup. Best part about it for the Lakers was that Jokic looked visibly tired in that second quarter having to guard AD on the block every time.

I get Ham isn't the best coach, but ffs as the star of the team you gotta speak up and say I'm going for 50 tonight.

vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,138

Post#2978 » by vulture » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:57 pm

Laker fans really know how to blame a different role player every game. Just pathetic.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,426

Post#2979 » by GeorgeSears » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:58 pm

AD did what he was supposed to do: Attack Jokic and score points. The only complaint about AD's game last night is that he didn't get enough rebounds. He needed about 15-16. The Nuggets had 5 more second chance opportunities.

Rebounds and turnovers have been the story of the series so far.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,228

Post#2980 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:12 pm

Man I rewatched the game again and Man I love Jokic, after that rebound by MPJ after the Lebron 3 and getting everybody to go and get out the way for Murray, what trust and confidence in his teammates to get Murray to take that last shot. He knew Murray was back in the rhythm and he got everyone out the way for him!

Return to The General Board