2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,102

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4121 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:17 pm

If Embiid tries something dirty again then someone from the Knicks needs to hit him. It’s time to get into a fight
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,699

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4122 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:If Embiid tries something dirty again then someone from the Knicks needs to hit him. It’s time to get into a fight

I'd be much more ok with someone squaring up with Joel and throwing hands if he pulls any of that s*** again than I would be us pulling any dirty s*** in retaliation.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,887

Post#4123 » by Fat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:17 pm

LordCovington33 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:
Not sure I understand what you were looking for if not the dirty things Embiid has done that make people think Embiid is dirty?

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :dontknow:

They don't want Knicks fans to talk about what a dirty player he is anymore. Which would be fine because fans from all around the league are talking about what a dirty player he is.

It’s funny how Knicks fans told us to stop whining after game 2, but then they flood this thread with their tears a hundred times over. It makes sense to be so emotionally driven after a decade of irrelevance, but it’s just rehashing the same old, same old.

This particular call is completely different from the rest the of series as it involves what appears to be another player intentionally making a non basketball related move resulting in injuring another player. To also add insult to the play that player just came back from injury so it just looks bad on embiids end no matter how those that disagree try to downplay it
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,486

Post#4124 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm

You know, this reminds of last year when Jarrett Allen clipped Julius on that fast break dunk in the only game Cleveland won. Fully expect our guys to go out and get that win tomorrow and close it out at MSG.

Knicks in 5.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,469

Post#4125 » by gavran » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:A lot of people in this thread need full time employment

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I think it's the people, who have time to post during the weekend enough for you to bitch about it, are the ones, who have full time employment. Maybe it is you, who needs a better paying job, so you don't have to worry about working on a Saturday.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 289

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#4126 » by WentzerWuver » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:14 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:If the Knicks win tonight, I could see Philly sitting Embiid for game 4. Might as well throw in the towel and save him for next season.
They will win tonight and Joel will not sit regardless, he is not Luka or Kyrie on the final game of last season so they can lose the game instead of making the final play-in spot to face the Lakers.

Worth considering if Philly goes down 3-0. If they can’t win tonight’s must win game, they have no shot.
Joel is not that kind of player who would just sit when down 0-3. Any player who does that on HIS team will be gone and I mean pronto. Just ask former employee number 25. If his HC tells him to not play, he be gone too or Joel will go to the top and demand to be traded, then sit when he can still play cause he had proclaim the city of brotherly love a championship and has work his butt off every offseason to be an unstoppable force of nature and you suggest he should sit?!?

Besides, coming back from 0-3 has been done before so its not an impossible task like you may think it is and it's against the Knicks of all teams like when have they won anything in the past 40 years Lol
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 289

Post#4127 » by WentzerWuver » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:19 pm

gavran wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:A lot of people in this thread need full time employment

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I think it's the people, who have time to post during the weekend enough for you to bitch about it, are the ones, who have full time employment. Maybe it is you, who needs a better paying job, so you don't have to worry about working on a Saturday.
He's probably posted that during his custodial task at Mickey Deez for the free happy meals.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,486

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#4128 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:They will win tonight and Joel will not sit regardless, he is not Luka or Kyrie on the final game of last season so they can lose the game instead of making the final play-in spot to face the Lakers.

Worth considering if Philly goes down 3-0. If they can’t win tonight’s must win game, they have no shot.
Joel is not that kind of player who would just sit when down 0-3. Any player who does that on HIS team will be gone and I mean pronto. Just ask former employee number 25. If his HC tells him to not play, he be gone too or Joel will go to the top and demand to be traded, then sit when he can still play cause he had proclaim the city of brotherly love a championship and has work his butt off every offseason to be an unstoppable force of nature and you suggest he should sit?!?

Besides, coming back from 0-3 has been done before so its not an impossible task like you may think it is and it's against the Knicks of all teams like when have they won anything in the past 40 years Lol

Coming back from down 0-3 has never been done in the NBA, actually. So, yeah. It would kinda be an impossible task. Good for ya to get a win in the series before it reached that point.

And I’m sorry…what exactly have the Embiid Sixers done in the past 10 years? Talking about winning when no team with Embiid as its best player has made it further than the 2nd round. And now down 2-1 to the Knicks that haven’t won anything in the last 40 years. Sixers are a dumpster fire of franchise who did some historic levels of tanking to get as far the Knicks got in the playoffs last year. Must be proud to be a fan of that :lol:
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Post#4129 » by Snotbubbles » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 pm

Can't wait for the game tomorrow so we can go back to talking basketball and not spend so much time with this Embiid nonsense.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,365

Post#4130 » by MaliBrah » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:00 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:Can't wait for the game tomorrow so we can go back to talking basketball and not spend so much time with this Embiid nonsense.

Thats up to Embiid , is he going to be an unhinged dirty POS again? or just play hoops
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Post#4131 » by Snotbubbles » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 pm

MaliBrah wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:Can't wait for the game tomorrow so we can go back to talking basketball and not spend so much time with this Embiid nonsense.

Thats up to Embiid , is he going to be an unhinged dirty POS again? or just play hoops

There's a separate thread for posters to cry about Embiid being a dirty player. If you feel the need to cry about Embiid you can do it in there. There will be plenty of posters to hand you all tissues.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,365

Post#4132 » by MaliBrah » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:13 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:
MaliBrah wrote:

There's a separate thread for posters to cry about Embiid being a dirty player. If you feel the need to cry about Embiid you can do it in there. There will be plenty of posters to hand you all tissues.

The people "crying" didn't do this for Embiid , he did it lol. His lack of emotional control is going to always cost you and end in tears for you.
The4thHorseman
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#4133 » by The4thHorseman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:22 am

Read on Twitter
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,463

Post#4134 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:46 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
CKB wrote:The reckless and intentional foul from Embiid is a big disappointment. He shot the lights out. He didn't need to injure others but he had to play dirty to match up to the physicality of the Knicks centers. He also kicked both Hartenstein and Robinson in the groin. He kept screaming and pointing at the refs for the whole game and still didn't get ejected is ridiculous. I can't root for this type of behavior. If the league don't suspend him, he is going to hurt another player with his 7ft 280 lb body frame in game 4.

When he injured Mitch the Knicks were up and Mitch was playing him as well as anyone. I think he felt he had to do it. It's still dirty as hell, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

I believe "intent to injure" implies malice and forethought. I believe that was more of a tantrum than what people on here are claiming.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#4135 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 am

RB34 wrote:This stat is wild.

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=fZMiJXVZ8uunE_S3J4PM9g[/x]

Draymond should have been called for far more flagrants and ejections, that's a fact. So this data isn't very accurate.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#4136 » by Butch718 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:41 am

The4thHorseman wrote:
Read on Twitter

“They’re gonna cry…”

Coming from the same team that filed a grievance for games 1 and 2, while bitching non-stop about it in the post game pressers. Talk about projection.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,809

Post#4137 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:48 am

eyeatoma wrote:

[x]
Read on Twitter

Draymond should have been called for far more flagrants and ejections, that's a fact. So this data isn't very accurate.

You'd think Embiid is your literal god with how much you're jumping through hoops to defend him.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#4138 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:08 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

[x]
Read on Twitter

You'd think Embiid is your literal god with how much you're jumping through hoops to defend him.

It's called common sense...
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,374

Post#4139 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:15 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
CKB wrote:The reckless and intentional foul from Embiid is a big disappointment. He shot the lights out. He didn't need to injure others but he had to play dirty to match up to the physicality of the Knicks centers. He also kicked both Hartenstein and Robinson in the groin. He kept screaming and pointing at the refs for the whole game and still didn't get ejected is ridiculous. I can't root for this type of behavior. If the league don't suspend him, he is going to hurt another player with his 7ft 280 lb body frame in game 4.

When he injured Mitch the Knicks were up and Mitch was playing him as well as anyone. I think he felt he had to do it. It's still dirty as hell, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

I believe "intent to injure" implies malice and forethought. I believe that was more of a tantrum than what people on here are claiming.

There's no way to know what was going through his head regarding intent. He may have just been thinking, I'm going to grab this guy to stop him.

But a LOT of people have called this an over the top dirty play, even players from years ago when the league was more physical. It was a high injury risk play, absolutely reckless and a play that would have resulted in a flagrant 2 if any other player had done it.

I think it's clear what Embiids intention was when he kneed Isiah Hartenstein in the balls as well. He also is the #1 in the league in flagrant fouls per game, so when you talk about intent, I think it's obvious that Embiids intent is to foul often and hard and then, expect to get away with it because he wears a superstar tag.

He's injured players before. He's one of the league leaders in injuring players, so . . . it's not a stretch to say that his intent was to injur, or certainly, to hurt Mitch.

And Silver is letting him get away with it. The one ray of hope is that this is getting a lot of press. Embiid is worse than Draymond Green. It's time he started getting the Draymond Green treatment.
Uh oh. Somebody needs to call Rick Carlisle a whaaambulance.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#4140 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:16 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

There's no way to know what was going through his head regarding intent. He may have just been thinking, I'm going to grab this guy to stop him.

But a LOT of people have called this an over the top dirty play, even players from years ago when the league was more physical. It was a high injury risk play, absolutely reckless and a play that would have resulted in a flagrant 2 if any other player had done it.

I think it's clear what Embiids intention was when he kneed Isiah Hartenstein in the balls as well. He also is the #1 in the league in flagrant fouls per game, so when you talk about intent, I think it's obvious that Embiids intent is to foul often and hard and then, expect to get away with it because he wears a superstar tag.

He's injured players before. He's one of the league leaders in injuring players, so . . . it's not a stretch to say that his intent was to injur, or certainly, to hurt Mitch.

And Silver is letting him get away with it. The one ray of hope is that this is getting a lot of press. Embiid is worse than Draymond Green. It's time he started getting the Draymond Green treatment.

Lol! You lost me there. He hasn't injured players before. It's been incidental when he falls (Danny Green). Or stepped on Scottie Barnes foot when he was making a regular basketball play and Barnes just decided to put his foot at the same time he was doing a normal post move. That's not intent cmon. Draymond stomps on players chests, see the difference. If you can't differentiate between the two, then not much else I can say.

Return to The General Board