2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,818

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4141 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:38 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

I believe "intent to injure" implies malice and forethought. I believe that was more of a tantrum than what people on here are claiming.

There's no way to know what was going through his head regarding intent. He may have just been thinking, I'm going to grab this guy to stop him.

But a LOT of people have called this an over the top dirty play, even players from years ago when the league was more physical. It was a high injury risk play, absolutely reckless and a play that would have resulted in a flagrant 2 if any other player had done it.

I think it's clear what Embiids intention was when he kneed Isiah Hartenstein in the balls as well. He also is the #1 in the league in flagrant fouls per game, so when you talk about intent, I think it's obvious that Embiids intent is to foul often and hard and then, expect to get away with it because he wears a superstar tag.

He's injured players before. He's one of the league leaders in injuring players, so . . . it's not a stretch to say that his intent was to injur, or certainly, to hurt Mitch.

And Silver is letting him get away with it. The one ray of hope is that this is getting a lot of press. Embiid is worse than Draymond Green. It's time he started getting the Draymond Green treatment.

Lol! You lost me there. He hasn't injured players before. It's been incidental when he falls (Danny Green). Or stepped on Scottie Barnes foot when he was making a regular basketball play and Barnes just decided to put his foot at the same time he was doing a normal post move. That's not intent cmon. Draymond stomps on players chests, see the difference. If you can't differentiate between the two, then not much else I can say.

Very incidental stepping on Grant Williams' head too. Very incidental injuring 3 Raptors centers during the playoffs. Very incidental pulling Mitch's leg while he was on the floor.

Damn...I see what you were doing there, eyeatoma. Clever argument about how Embiid is dirty!
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,493

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4142 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:41 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
There's no way to know what was going through his head regarding intent. He may have just been thinking, I'm going to grab this guy to stop him.

But a LOT of people have called this an over the top dirty play, even players from years ago when the league was more physical. It was a high injury risk play, absolutely reckless and a play that would have resulted in a flagrant 2 if any other player had done it.

I think it's clear what Embiids intention was when he kneed Isiah Hartenstein in the balls as well. He also is the #1 in the league in flagrant fouls per game, so when you talk about intent, I think it's obvious that Embiids intent is to foul often and hard and then, expect to get away with it because he wears a superstar tag.

He's injured players before. He's one of the league leaders in injuring players, so . . . it's not a stretch to say that his intent was to injur, or certainly, to hurt Mitch.

And Silver is letting him get away with it. The one ray of hope is that this is getting a lot of press. Embiid is worse than Draymond Green. It's time he started getting the Draymond Green treatment.

Lol! You lost me there. He hasn't injured players before. It's been incidental when he falls (Danny Green). Or stepped on Scottie Barnes foot when he was making a regular basketball play and Barnes just decided to put his foot at the same time he was doing a normal post move. That's not intent cmon. Draymond stomps on players chests, see the difference. If you can't differentiate between the two, then not much else I can say.

Very incidental stepping on Grant Williams' head too. Very incidental injuring 3 Raptors centers during the playoffs. Very incidental pulling Mitch's leg while he was on the floor.

Damn...I see what you were doing there, eyeatoma. Clever argument about how Embiid is dirty!

Show me the raptors injuries.

The Grant Williams was 1000% incidental. They dove for a ball and he jumped up, where is he supposed to land? On top of the arena? The **** you talking about lol?
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,383

Post#4143 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:48 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

I recommend you go to the Raptors board and ask them. Just because you don't remember, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Uh oh. Somebody needs to call Rick Carlisle a whaaambulance.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4144 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:52 am

eyeatoma wrote:
RB34 wrote:This stat is wild.

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=fZMiJXVZ8uunE_S3J4PM9g[/x]

Draymond should have been called for far more flagrants and ejections, that's a fact. So this data isn't very accurate.

The data is accurate because it happened. What you might mean is that it doesn't fairly represent, but on that, I disagree with you as well.

Embiid gets star treatment. Draymond does not. In fact, the league has made a point of suspending Draymond, so he's on the league's watch-list. It's unlikely that the league is ignoring fouls on Draymond as you claim. Why would they do that?
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#4145 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:53 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

I recommend you go to the Raptors board and ask them. Just because you don't remember, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The raptors board is the cesspool of the internet. That was the most toxic series of all time. They will not be able to have a civil conversation, in fact I'd never go on there. If he intended to injure all of these times why hasn't he ever been tossed out for it? You guys talk about all of his flagrants, he has been ejected once in his career and that was because of a fight with Towns where Towns was ejected too. How many ejections does Draymond have?

Embiid

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/joel-embiid-player-stats?category=misc&seasonType=reg

1 ejections

Draymond

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/draymond-green-player-stats?category=misc&seasonType=reg

19 when you include the playoffs, about 14 from the regular season.

He's worse than Draymond right? Maybe, fans are being emotional? The NBA gives superstar treatment. But if he's worse than Draymond he would get a rep, and they wouldn't allow if, even if he's a star.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,583

Post#4146 » by drekwins » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:55 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
When he injured Mitch the Knicks were up and Mitch was playing him as well as anyone. I think he felt he had to do it. It's still dirty as hell, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

I believe "intent to injure" implies malice and forethought. I believe that was more of a tantrum than what people on here are claiming.

And... the implication that Embiid did it to "protect" himself is just a slap in the face to anyone even remotely intelligent. When a player has someone under him, they hang on the rim until they move. In fact, Embiid did move, TOWARDS MITCH. He lunged directly towards hm, grabbed his lower leg, twisted it, made him fall over and then pushed him off. We all know what he was doing. It's not even a question.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,818

Post#4147 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:59 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

[x]
Read on Twitter

Draymond should have been called for far more flagrants and ejections, that's a fact. So this data isn't very accurate.

The data is accurate because it happened. What you might mean is that it doesn't fairly represent, but on that, I disagree with you as well.

Embiid gets star treatment. Draymond does not. In fact, the league has made a point of suspending Draymond, so he's on the league's watch-list. It's unlikely that the league is ignoring fouls on Draymond as you claim. Why would they do that?

Did the dude actually argue..."Yo Embiid is not so dirty cause Draymond should be called for more flagrants?" So is he arguing Draymond is the dirtiest player in the NBA and Embiid is 2nd?

Not even sure if he's actually on Embiid's side anymore
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#4148 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:59 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

[x]
Read on Twitter

Because he is integral to the Warriors, the Warriors are a darling team, and the NBA wants that team to win chips and make the finals.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#4149 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:00 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Did the dude actually argue..."Yo Embiid is not so dirty cause Draymond should be called for more flagrants?" So is he arguing Draymond is the dirtiest player in the NBA and Embiid is 2nd?

What Embiid did was dirty, never questioned that. He's not worse than Draymond. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,265

Post#4150 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:14 am

eyeatoma wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

What Embiid did was dirty, never questioned that. He's not worse than Draymond. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Check the Embiid topics on this board. People just hate this guy for whatever reason.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4151 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:35 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Because he is integral to the Warriors, the Warriors are a darling team, and the NBA wants that team to win chips and make the finals.

This is the last thing I'm going to say to you, then I'm putting you on ignore.

The Warriors are NOT the darling of the NBA front office. The Warriors were never a large enough market for that.

You're living in a fantasy world.

and, for the record, if my player did what yours did, the last thing I would do is continuously defend them.

I've seen conflict before. The Denver/Knicks fight years ago when Melo had a shot at MVP that year and he got suspended 10 games for throwing punches. It was hilarious reading some of the reviews on that fight, but that one, there was blame on both sides. NY started it. Mardy Collins did tackle the Denver player going for a layup (forget which Denver player) - I never defended Mardy, only said that he did what was asked of him. Mardy said publicly that he would never do that again.

Nate Robinson never saw a fight he couldn't join in, was the first knick to throw punches. Melo threw punches. I forget which other Nuggets were involved. Channing Frye and Jared Jeffries - two players we called soft, didn't hesitate to run into the melee.

I'm not a fan of fights. I'd be fine with it if the NBA never has a fight again, but it's interesting to watch how players react and how fans react. Nugget fans, who at the time, liked Melo, were saying that Melo should get a 1 game suspension, and Nate Robinson should get 15. Obviously that wasn't realistic. Nate's punches missed Melos connected, but I digress.

The point is, when my player does wrong, I own up to it. I'm not so big a fan that I wear blinders.

You however, are wearing blinders.

Good day and goodbye.

To any Nugget fans who read this. Ancient history. Water over the dam so to speak. You've got a great team now. Respect.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,850

Post#4153 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:20 pm

Guys 2nd job is coming in this thread to try and spin anything people say for Embiid..

That's crazy man

Just own up to it, cause guess what Embiid got away with it, he isn't getting suspended 1 game which is a joke. Dirty player got all upset cause he flopped to the floor and got no call and so he sat up and grabbed Mitch's ankle. Dirty player with a temper tantrum like a little baby.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,961

Post#4154 » by sixers4real » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:38 pm

Posting on GB is not always a good thing lol, but as Sixers fan I agree that Embiid sometimes does very dump things.

About not receiving suspension: if any other NBA top 15 player would’ve done it, the result would be same. NBA won’t suspend superstars because of money and TV deals.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 537

Post#4155 » by NiceLikeChrist » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:49 pm

Man I know it would never happen but I would truly love if after we win this series, like after the final buzzer in game 5, Jericho or someone just walks right up to embiid and snuffs the crap out of him. Take the 3 game suspension just to get him back for Mitch. We can beat the pacers or bucks without whoever gets suspended.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,735

Post#4156 » by cgf » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:26 pm

Game day, feeling hyped :rock: Just gotta hope Joel doesn’t go after Brunson next.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,265

Post#4157 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:39 pm

Embiid seems to get stronger as the series goes. It's amazing he's playing like this with the medical issue and of course his bum knee.

I think they have a legit shot at the upset.
cgf
RealGM

Post#4158 » by cgf » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:42 pm

NiceLikeChrist wrote:Man I know it would never happen but I would truly love if after we win this series, like after the final buzzer in game 5, Jericho or someone just walks right up to embiid and snuffs the crap out of him. Take the 3 game suspension just to get him back for Mitch. We can beat the pacers or bucks without whoever gets suspended.

We can just turn him down when he asks for a trade to the Knicks, that’ll hurt him much more.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#4159 » by cgf » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:46 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Embiid seems to get stronger as the series goes. It's amazing he's playing like this with the medical issue and of course his bum knee.

I think they have a legit shot at the upset.

Yeah, Mitch was really making him work & just exhausting Embiid. It’ll be harder for us now that Joel has taken Robinson out, but they’re a very fragile team and they don’t respond to pressure well.

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,014

Post#4160 » by azcatz11 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:49 pm

Hoping Philly can tie this puppy up today!

#WeBelieve

Return to The General Board