2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

Persi
Freshman
And1: 65

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#5521 » by Persi » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:52 am

JustBuzzin wrote:I never seen a fanbase takeover an arena.

Philly was literally playing in MSG today
You do something like this in Europe and there would be a bloodbath with police, SWAT and bodies.

P.S. Can't wait for Crybiid to retire already.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,607

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#5522 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:16 am

Knick fans been taking over arenas all year long but its crazy that it happened in the post season. Especially in a sports city like Philly

Don’t worry tho. Meek and Philly fans plan to take over msg

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q
kaansunman
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#5523 » by kaansunman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:05 am

Persi wrote:

You do something like this in Europe and there would be a bloodbath with police, SWAT and bodies.

P.S. Can't wait for Crybiid to retire already.

Can't do that in Europe, they won't sell you the tickets, you can't sit mixed, even if you take that risk you should be in disguise and be silent =). Away spectator section is totally seperated in arenas / stadiums.

Only take over I see is the Turkish decendents in Germany in when a Turkish team playing in Germany. They pay huge amount of money to season ticket holders.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,382

Post#5524 » by Mk0 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:31 am

DaGawd wrote:

i was there today, it was def a legit 50/50 split approximately of knicks to 76er fans… we were just louder than them :lol:

I mean why wouldnt you be? Who cheers their hearts out for FTs?
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,608

Post#5525 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:00 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:We gotta be careful with saying Embiid received karma. Brunson beat him down and OG and Precious made him look incompetent, but judgment hasn't come yet for Embiid.

He still injured another player on purpose and he's still doing it.

Lol! What a douche of a comment. So dramatic. "Judgment is coming." Ooooohhhh
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 987

Post#5526 » by Decipher » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:03 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes

Year after year this clown falters in the playoffs.

Year after year Embiid fans come out in October talking about how this is the best player in the NBA and greatest offensive force since Jordan.

It’s crazy, honestly.

He’s injured and being run into the ground because his team is horrific when he sits so hardly surprising that he’s running out of gas
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man
And1: 3,972

Post#5527 » by Dubious Handles » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:21 am

Decipher wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes

Year after year this clown falters in the playoffs.

Year after year Embiid fans come out in October talking about how this is the best player in the NBA and greatest offensive force since Jordan.

It’s crazy, honestly.

He’s injured and being run into the ground because his team is horrific when he sits so hardly surprising that he’s running out of gas

Except he is averaging a whopping 5.3 ppg on 41 % FG in 4th quarters across his whole playoff career (52 games). This is not single occurence, at this point only fools would try to argue otherwise.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,829

Post#5528 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:21 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:We gotta be careful with saying Embiid received karma. Brunson beat him down and OG and Precious made him look incompetent, but judgment hasn't come yet for Embiid.

He still injured another player on purpose and he's still doing it.

Lol! What a douche of a comment. So dramatic. "Judgment is coming." Ooooohhhh

I admit that it does sounds dramatic but I’m pretty confident this prediction is gonna come to pass, for three reasons:

1. Joel is one of the whiniest players in the NBA
2. Joel is one of the dirtiest players in the NBA
3. Joel is one of the most injury prone players in the NBA

And when Joel gets hurt again, and we all know he will, all people are going to remember is how he deliberately hurt others.

Douche players get douche comments and douche outcomes.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,677

Post#5529 » by Meat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:46 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Meat wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Not true at all. There are plenty of Nets fans in BK.

Obviously Knicks are poppin off so everyone is bandwagoning.

Nah, they’re not from here. If you’re from here the Knicks are the only option, you could like some combo of giants/jets, isles/rangers, Yankees/mets but everyone was a Knicks fan.

All the olds heads are definitely Knicks fans.

A lot of the younger crowd didn't **** with the Knicks because they have sucked for so long. Not everyone.

But plenty of people like the Nets in BK. I saw a TON of Nets gear the past few years. Idk why you guys always pretend like it’s nobody.

It’s not just old heads, the nets have only been here for 12 years, that’s not long enough to develop a ticket/merch buying fan base.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re an option if you want to see a cheap live game and their merch is cool since it’s black and white and nycers all wear black. But there’s no real random, you see it everytime a notable team plays there
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,684

Post#5530 » by Dirk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:51 am

Playoff basketball is the best

Read on Twitter
60/21/10
socal74
Rookie
And1: 1,254

Post#5531 » by socal74 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:16 pm

Dirk wrote:Playoff basketball is the best

Read on Twitter

What a move! Pushes his defender down and then continues to pretend to trip on him
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,811

Post#5532 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:21 pm

Man...Randle being done for the season is still such a bummer. This team is a ton of fun, but it's soooo much better with both of its offensive pillars. Philly hasn't been able to shut down Brunson & the supporting cast at the same time, but they have been able to limit one of the two...and with Julius out there, that turns into one of three.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#5533 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:36 pm

socal74 wrote:
Dirk wrote:Playoff basketball is the best

Read on Twitter

What a move! Pushes his defender down and then continues to pretend to trip on him

I go back & forth on how I feel about that. As an NBA nerd, I can appreciate Lowry's craftiness to know that when Jalen trips on Embiid's foot, that's just automatic FTs...on the other hand I can't imagine it's too interesting to new or more casual fans seeing guys getting rewarded for manipulating the rules like that. So I actually kinda enjoy that kind of play, but I'm not sure it's good for the game.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,955

Post#5534 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:55 pm

cgf wrote:Man...Randle being done for the season is still such a bummer. This team is a ton of fun, but it's soooo much better with both of its offensive pillars. Philly hasn't been able to shut down Brunson & the supporting cast at the same time, but they have been able to limit one of the two...and with Julius out there, that turns into one of three.

I honestly THink that NYK is better without Randle. i like the way they all fit together more.
dWadeOwnzYou
Pro Prospect
And1: 572

Post#5535 » by dWadeOwnzYou » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:14 pm

The day Embiid stop trying to injure other people is the day he will finally get anywhere.
cgf
RealGM

Post#5536 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:53 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
cgf wrote:Man...Randle being done for the season is still such a bummer. This team is a ton of fun, but it's soooo much better with both of its offensive pillars. Philly hasn't been able to shut down Brunson & the supporting cast at the same time, but they have been able to limit one of the two...and with Julius out there, that turns into one of three.

I honestly THink that NYK is better without Randle. i like the way they all fit together more.

You're definitely not alone. Randle is super under-rated and a lot of people don't realize just how much more efficient Brunson is when Randle is on the court with him...as Julius has adapted his game a ton since Jalen's arrival to make that duo so complementary and really bring the best out of each other.

Julius the early game force who simply can not be stopped from getting to the rim 1-on-1, even by guys like OG & Giannis, with excellent vision to pass out of double-teams once they start to come. Jalen the crafty 2nd half monster who needs time to find his rhythm & figure a defense out, but can just carve up even elite defenders once he dials in.

Plus it lets us take advantage of Brunson's great off-ball game in a way we just can't when the whole defense knows that the ball is going back to Jalen even if he gives it up early in the clock.

This team has been playing great team ball, but we were doing that even better when we had all 3 of Brunson, Randle, and Anunoby...and not only was Brunson way more efficient when defenses had to worry about Julius too, but it wasn't a minor miracle when Brunson sitting didn't kill us the way Embiid sitting has killed Philly in this series.

Handlez
Junior
And1: 487

Post#5537 » by Handlez » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:41 pm

Brunson...my goodness.

What a stud.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,776

Post#5538 » by Capn'O » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:03 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:

This team is better than last year's playoff team.

Did you see much of us with a healthy squad in January? We were murking teams. Randle was making quick decisions and getting a lot of deeper post action and that was freeing up JB and OG.

With the caveat that he keeps playing that way, I have no question that we're better with Randle. He just adds another dimension.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,154

Post#5539 » by slick_watts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:07 pm

embiid just gets fatigued in fourth quarters
cgf
RealGM

Post#5540 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:

This team is better than last year's playoff team.

Did you see much of us with a healthy squad in January? We were murking teams. Randle was making quick decisions and getting a lot of deeper post action and that was freeing up JB and OG.

With the caveat that he keeps playing that way, I have no question that we're better with Randle. He just adds another dimension.

Yeah. If he went back to playing the way he did with Elf again, then obviously that changes. But Ju has been moving the ball a lot quicker ever since Brunson arrived, and that balance has tipped even further as they've developed more & more chemistry.

The big Fella was playing the best ball of his career this season and a great fit with everything else this team does.

Return to The General Board