2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#5541 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:28 pm

slick_watts wrote:embiid just gets fatigued in fourth quarters

I worry about Brunson getting similarly worn down as our run goes on without anyone else to reliably create shots for us.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#5542 » by Bum Adebayo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:43 pm

MVP1992 wrote:Game 7 will be epic

Yes, JoeL Embiid and Game 7 is a great duo, 0W 3L!
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,685

Post#5543 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:53 pm

Everyone is tired. Its playoff basketball

Jokic be looking out of breath half the time but still always finds a way to get it done
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,158

Post#5544 » by slick_watts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:54 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:

Everyone is tired. Its playoff basketball

Jokic be looking out of breath half the time but still always finds a way to get it done

i think jokic is fairly well conditioned. i don't think embiid is, or has been in awhile.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,358

Post#5545 » by Woodsanity » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm

Decipher wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q

Yikes

Year after year this clown falters in the playoffs.

Year after year Embiid fans come out in October talking about how this is the best player in the NBA and greatest offensive force since Jordan.

It’s crazy, honestly.

He’s injured and being run into the ground because his team is horrific when he sits so hardly surprising that he’s running out of gas

Oh woe is me, part time player who plays 40-60 games regular season games a season has to play in the 4th quarter too!
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,925

Post#5546 » by Jadoogar » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:11 pm

Decipher wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q

Yikes

Year after year Embiid fans come out in October talking about how this is the best player in the NBA and greatest offensive force since Jordan.

It’s crazy, honestly.

He’s injured and being run into the ground because his team is horrific when he sits so hardly surprising that he’s running out of gas

if he's injured every season (not an exaggeration, it's literally every season), maybe we should start factoring that into his ranking? Maybe sixers' fans should stop proclaiming him as the best player in the NBA whenever he has a good stretch in the regular season?

For players of this caliber (top 5-10), playoffs matter a lot more than regular season numbers. Yes it's cool when he scores 70 points on Charlotte on a Tuesday in January but it's not the determining factor for "best player in the league".
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,480

Post#5547 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:21 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
cgf wrote:Man...Randle being done for the season is still such a bummer. This team is a ton of fun, but it's soooo much better with both of its offensive pillars. Philly hasn't been able to shut down Brunson & the supporting cast at the same time, but they have been able to limit one of the two...and with Julius out there, that turns into one of three.

I honestly THink that NYK is better without Randle. i like the way they all fit together more.

I just think that's a problem of not seeing him enough this season...prior to him going down he was looking great, passing out of double teams, moving without the ball, and playing defense. He was playing as if he was buying into the system. The team is also at a completely different place, we have people who can knock down 3pt shots and we have more leaders on the team that would hold him accountability.

We would absolutely be better with him. His physical and emotional aggression are very much missed.
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,524

Post#5548 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:36 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
cgf wrote:Man...Randle being done for the season is still such a bummer. This team is a ton of fun, but it's soooo much better with both of its offensive pillars. Philly hasn't been able to shut down Brunson & the supporting cast at the same time, but they have been able to limit one of the two...and with Julius out there, that turns into one of three.

I honestly THink that NYK is better without Randle. i like the way they all fit together more.

We were 12-2 with a ridiculous point differential when OG was traded here and Randle was healthy. Has me excited for next year because I genuinely believe we’re a title contender with Julius. And I say this as someone that hasn’t been as high on him in the past.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,433

Post#5549 » by Oscirus » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:36 pm

What I dont get about all this is don't tickets go on sale before teams even know who their opponents are? How the hell were knicks fans even able to buy tickets like that when the tickets are usually sold out before the opponent is even known
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,089

Post#5550 » by DaGawd » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 pm

Oscirus wrote:What I dont get about all this is don't tickets go on sale before teams even know who their opponents are? How the hell were knicks fans even able to buy tickets like that when the tickets are usually sold out before the opponent is even known

resale
BaF
Washington Wizards
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,433

Post#5551 » by Oscirus » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:41 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:

I honestly think that NYK would be better without Randle. i like the way they all fit together more.

Randle admittedly makes a lot of boneheaded plays and often gets in the space of drivers, making it harder to score. On the other hand, his gravity alone pulls defense from Brunson and allows him to operate more efficiently. He's not as bad as non-Knicks fans think he is; however, he's also not as good as Knicks fans think he is.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,700

Post#5552 » by Cubbies2120 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
Decipher wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:

It’s crazy, honestly.

if he's injured every season (not an exaggeration, it's literally every season), maybe we should start factoring that into his ranking? Maybe sixers' fans should stop proclaiming him as the best player in the NBA whenever he has a good stretch in the regular season?

For players of this caliber (top 5-10), playoffs matter a lot more than regular season numbers. Yes it's cool when he scores 70 points on Charlotte on a Tuesday in January but it's not the determining factor for "best player in the league".

15 of his 39 games came against teams with less than 27 wins. Never passed up an opportunity to “feast” against G-league caliber teams but missed a game against Denver by announcing right before tip off.

Front running clown and at this point his reputation should be shot imo. No more “Embiid for MVP” because he just ain’t that caliber… he’s a career long playoff fraud.
cgf
RealGM

Post#5553 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:04 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:

I honestly think that NYK would be better without Randle. i like the way they all fit together more.

Randle admittedly makes a lot of boneheaded plays and often gets in the space of drivers, making it harder to score. On the other hand, his gravity alone pulls defense from Brunson and allows him to operate more efficiently. He's not as bad as non-Knicks fans think he is; however, he's also not as good as Knicks fans think he is.

Not sure how much I can agree with that when his harshest critics are certain knicks fans :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,655

Post#5554 » by DimesandKnicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:07 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:

I think it’s Knick fans that are harder on him them non Knick fans
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,887

Post#5555 » by Capn'O » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:25 pm

cgf wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:

Not sure how much I can agree with that when his harshest critics are certain knicks fans :lol:

Maybe he just meant

3toheadmelo wrote:...

and

robillionaire wrote:...
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,947

Post#5556 » by Im Coming Home » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:34 pm

Embiid might go down as the biggest underachiever in the history of the NBA.

What do you guys think?

At least guys like Ewing and others made it to the finals, and they never even won MVP either..
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,327

Post#5557 » by ShootersShoot » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:48 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:Embiid might go down as the biggest underachiever in the history of the NBA.

What do you guys think?

At least guys like Ewing and others made it to the finals, and they never even won MVP either..

For a 30 year old mvp to never have gotten out of the second round..I'd say so
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#5558 » by Bum Adebayo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:03 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:Embiid might go down as the biggest underachiever in the history of the NBA.

What do you guys think?

Hard to say, as it depends on what your criteria is for underachiever. Relative to potential? perceived status? accolades?
I think it's safe to say he is probably the most underachiever ever in playoffs relative to how good he is in Regular Season. Dude would probably have 3 MVP if not for historically great RS performances from Jokic let's not forget that, it's not like his competiton in RS was poor, he really played at a very high level in RS. But the dropoff is so high it's not even funny.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,947

Post#5559 » by Im Coming Home » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:07 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:

What do you guys think?

Hard to say, as it depends on what your criteria is for underachiever. Relative to potential? perceived status? accolades?
I think it's safe to say he is probably the most underachiever ever in playoffs relative to how good he is in Regular Season. Dude would probably have 3 MVP if not for historically great RS performances from Jokic let's not forget that, it's not like his competiton in RS was poor, he really played at a very high level in RS. But the dropoff is so high it's not even funny.

Thats fair.

I think as far as team success goes vs his status as a player(all star, mvp, etc). A MVP routinely getting knocked out in the 2nd round or earlier throughout his whole career is crazy to me.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
cgf
RealGM

Post#5560 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:16 pm

Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Randle admittedly makes a lot of boneheaded plays and often gets in the space of drivers, making it harder to score. On the other hand, his gravity alone pulls defense from Brunson and allows him to operate more efficiently. He's not as bad as non-Knicks fans think he is; however, he's also not as good as Knicks fans think he is.

Maybe he just meant

3toheadmelo wrote:...

and

robillionaire wrote:...

I mean, I'm not exactly in disagreement with them about JuJu :lol:

But still, I'd argue that his strongest advocates and biggest critics both come from this fanbase lol

Return to The General Board