2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,835

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#7021 » by cgf » Thu May 2, 2024 1:32 am

BigShot Bojan wrote:
SweetTouch wrote:Is Jalen Brunson really averaging 42% FG, 29% 3PTFG, 79% FT, 30 shots per game this series ?

Didn’t seem like it was that bad

And knicks have to hide him defensively. Knickstape defense has to be lockdown

No they don’t he’s a crafty underrated defender who understands angles and positioning..not the most physically gifted but by no stretch of the imagination is he a bad defender …

He's objectively a bad defender, but he's not some sieve who undermines an entire defense on his own. He's more like a Lavine or Booker than a Young or Murray.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,949

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#7022 » by Im Coming Home » Thu May 2, 2024 1:33 am

Sixers board doesn't have one tweet about the Maxey L2M Travel Report, like they are literally pretending it doesn't exist..

After all the crying about Game 2 they can't even TALK about the L2M?????

:lol:

I mean I'm not even crying about the Maxey travel, it is what it is(because we're New Yorkers we don't cry about sh*t like that), tough play for refs to see when they gotta watch the defender/shooter. Maxey still had to make the and1 3, and the Sixers still had to win in OT so its still pretty valid, just like Game 2's win was pretty valid too because despite the missed calls the Knicks had to make like 8 winning plays after the missed call to come up with the win.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,905

Post#7023 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu May 2, 2024 1:48 am

Im Coming Home wrote:Sixers board doesn't have one tweet about the Maxey L2M Travel Report, like they are literally pretending it doesn't exist..

After all the crying about Game 2 they can't even TALK about the L2M?????

:lol:

I mean I'm not even crying about the Maxey travel, it is what it is(because we're New Yorkers we don't cry about sh*t like that), tough play for refs to see when they gotta watch the defender/shooter. Maxey still had to make the and1 3, and the Sixers still had to win in OT so its still pretty valid, just like Game 2's win was pretty valid too because despite the missed calls the Knicks had to make like 8 winning plays after the missed call to come up with the win.

I don't blame their fans. Heck no Knick player should feel sorry for themselves. They had a chance, they have themselves to blame, and they need to get back out there and win. I don't expect nothing from Philly fans. Maybe them trying to buy more tickets to Game 6?

Actually, I think where the Knicks are losing to Philly is their ability to whine. Nick Nurse is amazing at it and even knows how to quit when he's ahead, especially as Embiid has started playing dirty. Daryl Morey is pretty much eyeatoma, until it's time to trade his stars or not pay them. Embiid even knew how to cry.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,078

Post#7024 » by Exp0sed » Thu May 2, 2024 3:18 am

maybe there's something i'm missing but I think Thibs needs to break out some small ball in game 6, especially early when the Knicks aren't in the penalty

if Joe L is hobbling and injured as some here claim and it's certainly evident that he isn't getting back on defense half the time and def doesn't have the stamina combined with how bad the 76ers are playing when he's on the floor, wouldn't it be better for the Knicks to just run more?

just start Mcbride, put OG at the 5 and run. gang up on Embiid if he gets deep with great defenders all of whom are very mobile, foul from time to time if u can be sure the foul's on the floor

Embiid is having a hard time stepping all the way up, playing Hartesnsten (or Mitch) allows him to drop back and hang back and also allows him to conserve energy. why not put OG at the top of the key in those PNR's and force him to step up higher, cover more gound and move more?

spacing would be great for the Knicks, which would make Brunson's life easier. if Embiid is stepping high, every little give and go and Brunson can just go downhill with speed and Embiid on his back, can also pass to cutters from the dunker's spot and Embiid will have a hard time recovering in time to challenge at the rim with his "limited mobility", Harte, OG, Mcbride can all finish well inside too (if Embiid is dragged away from the basket)

Thibs is playing into the 76ers hands by playing at a slow, halfcourt style. just run up and down the court, Embiid will pass out after 40 mins.

p.s, they can try a version of it with Precious as well but that's a riskier option naturally. can still give it a go, for sure
he can some 3's, maybe if he makes one the game can open up a little more and he's very mobile too

starting Mcbride and putting OG at the 5 would also allow Mcbride to check Maxey, which would be a good idea for the Knicks imo
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,702

Post#7025 » by rzzzzz » Thu May 2, 2024 3:38 am

Harris has never fully recovered from illness these past couple of months, and BBall is just spastic right now. Nick may have to bite the bullet and take a chance with the young, physical burners he’s got on the bench. We know what we’re going to get out of Kelly and Batum. Embiid needs to be time managed for the 4th. But the question is what Genie may have been let out of the bottle last night with Maxey. We now know he’s capable of ecstatic performance at the highest level. More important, so does he.
Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#7026 » by Moose » Thu May 2, 2024 4:07 am

Phish Tank wrote:
Moose wrote:Everyone spoke a out how this was going to be a tough series and now that it is a tough series, everyone is surprised.

Going 6 or 7 shouldn't surprise anyone. I think most thought it was over in 5 because of the whining

You can also just tell that Maxey is a winner. Good for Sixers fans.

Knicks need to close it out in 6. They need that extra rest, they looked way too tired in Game 5.

Game 6 wouldn’t be surprising had we lost a normal game.

We lost a game we shouldn’t have lost and elevated a player we shouldn’t have elevated because we are too stupid of a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game 2

I'm sure Sixers fans felt this

It was never meant to be easy
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,941

Post#7027 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu May 2, 2024 5:40 am

I love Knick fans crying about foul baiting when Brunsons entire game is predicated on slowing down to get a defender on his back and then jumping awkwardly into him for a foul.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,801

Post#7028 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 2, 2024 5:48 am

BigShot Bojan wrote:Has there been a star who has tarnished their image so quickly as embiid …sure he’s done plenty of dirty acts but none were as visible as this series…i am seeing league wide condemnation

Well I guess thier is ja morant

He's been the NBA's preeminent dirty player for years now. You're just paying more attention now because it's against the Knicks. That, coupled with the foul-baiting, flopping, and showboating (without being able to back it up with results) has made him one of the most hated players in the league
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,524

Post#7029 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Thu May 2, 2024 6:18 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:I love Knick fans crying about foul baiting when Brunsons entire game is predicated on slowing down to get a defender on his back and then jumping awkwardly into him for a foul.

Brotha…Embiid has almost twice the FTR than Brunson for this series.

Brunson: .318

Embiid: .602

How can you possibly try to defend that :lol:
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 538

Post#7030 » by NiceLikeChrist » Thu May 2, 2024 7:25 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:I love Knick fans crying about foul baiting when Brunsons entire game is predicated on slowing down to get a defender on his back and then jumping awkwardly into him for a foul.

Yes. That’s what his entire game is predicated on. That’s why, let me check my notes, 19.7% of his points come at the line. And he gets That’s much more appalling than Embiids 29.6% as the biggest and strongest player on the court 9/10 games. He even got 6.5 FTA a game while being top 3 in drives to the basket in the league. Good enough for 12th in the association. Every other player who was top 5 in drives was also top 5 in FTA. Not Brunson though. Joel Embiid only got 12 FTA a game, good enough for #1 in the league. Brunson with that ghastly 6.5 is clearly the real flopper.

It’s the 6’1 skilled PG defended by players bigger and stronger than him every game who is flopping and embellishing contact. He’s much worse than the inflatable 7’1 giant recklessly toppling over from marginal contact 30 mins a night.

Give me a break. Embiid is pathetic.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,305

Post#7031 » by doogie_hauser » Thu May 2, 2024 8:04 am

The salt mime in this thread (from both sets of supporters) is absolutely hilarious.

We deserve a game 7 so we can keep enjoying the **** fights. This is traditional divisional rival stuff.

Have no dog in this fight except to say I would prefer the Celtics to play Philly in the ECF, but really enjoying.the spice in this series, both on court and from fans online.

Can easily imagine a player or two being ejected in game 6. ! BRING IT ON !!
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,350

Post#7032 » by durden_tyler » Thu May 2, 2024 9:08 am

Game 6 Lines

Knicks +3.5 vs Sixers
Totals 198.5 (i think lowest this series)
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 599

Post#7033 » by donkki » Thu May 2, 2024 10:46 am

Better to just move on from the disappointment that was Game 5 and absolutely crush the Sixers right from the start in Game 6. The Knicks have it in them, let's go!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,835

Post#7034 » by cgf » Thu May 2, 2024 12:08 pm

...Jalen draws fewer fouls / drive than Maxey; nevermind Joel...

I get why a Philly fan would assume that all stars' games are predicated on foul-baiting ;-) but Brunson's game is predicated on being unguardable.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,611

Post#7035 » by Mak » Thu May 2, 2024 12:39 pm

I'm rooting for game 7. Go Sixers.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,298

Post#7036 » by Dadouv47 » Thu May 2, 2024 12:42 pm

Knicks fans pissed at Sixers fans crying, Sixers fans pissed at Knicks fans crying. I just enjoy the show, great series.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,702

Post#7037 » by rzzzzz » Thu May 2, 2024 12:48 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:After all the crying about Game 2 …

…we get get all this crying about game 5.

I say the slate is clean at this point. You all should be happy with 2 shots to close it out.
I’m satisfied with lower odds, but just a chance to keep on playing.
Big_Aristotle
Senior
And1: 255

Post#7038 » by Big_Aristotle » Thu May 2, 2024 12:50 pm

Prediction: 76ers win with a big game from Joel Embiid. Looking forward to Game 7!
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,519

Post#7039 » by eyeatoma » Thu May 2, 2024 12:56 pm

Read on Twitter
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 343

Post#7040 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 2, 2024 12:57 pm

NiceLikeChrist wrote:

Yes. That’s what his entire game is predicated on. That’s why, let me check my notes, 19.7% of his points come at the line. And he gets That’s much more appalling than Embiids 29.6% as the biggest and strongest player on the court 9/10 games. He even got 6.5 FTA a game while being top 3 in drives to the basket in the league. Good enough for 12th in the association. Every other player who was top 5 in drives was also top 5 in FTA. Not Brunson though. Joel Embiid only got 12 FTA a game, good enough for #1 in the league. Brunson with that ghastly 6.5 is clearly the real flopper.

It’s the 6’1 skilled PG defended by players bigger and stronger than him every game who is flopping and embellishing contact. He’s much worse than the inflatable 7’1 giant recklessly toppling over from marginal contact 30 mins a night.

Give me a break. Embiid is pathetic.
Lol go back to sleep

Return to The General Board