2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,922

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2) 

Post#8521 » by Capn'O » Fri May 3, 2024 5:33 am

76ersForLife wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
76ersForLife wrote:Congrats Knicks fans, it was a great series and the Knicks play their hearts out so mad respect. Brunson was terrific and Hart hit the dagger.

Morey paid the price for acquiring all expiring deals instead of getting Embiid and Maxey some help so he better use that 50m wisely this summer.

Did you use Maxey as the primary closer this year much? If not you may have found something with that. If they can get another fitting piece that's trouble because Embiid can pace more in game. In theory, Klay Thompson could be perfect though he may be long in the tooth for what you need.

When Embiid went down for a couple months Maxey was forced into that role. He had some games where he was phenomenal and other games when he struggled as the primary scorer. Sixers need to add two quality starting 3's and 4's. Siakam or OG would have been perfect but they didn't have the assets to land those guys. Every time Embiid would leave the basket to help the Knicks killed our forwards on the offensive glass. They could have probably acquired Jerami Grant but Morey decided to keep the cap space.

Grant would be a really good get.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,952

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2) 

Post#8522 » by Im Coming Home » Fri May 3, 2024 5:35 am

First 5 win best of 7 series victory, I'll take it!
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#8523 » by docholliday99 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:38 am

doogie_hauser wrote:That Josh Hart trade was low key one of the best moves the Knicks have made in years.

Can see why he is a favourite of Thibs.

Excellent move for sure. Moving RJ/Quickly for OG wasn't too shabby either, plus getting DDV. One of the best moves for the Knicks was an unintentional forced one, when Randle went down and Thibs moved Hart with the starters. Too bad for that injury, the Knicks could really use Randle as they move deeper in the playoffs.

Really respect the Knicks' grit and composure - especially with the cheap shots they took, took it and then sent them home.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,311

Post#8524 » by doogie_hauser » Fri May 3, 2024 5:45 am

Capn'O wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:That Josh Hart trade was low key one of the best moves the Knicks have made in years.

We've made a series of elite moves

Quickley
Brunson
Hartenstein
Hart
Donte
OG
Elevating Deuce

Bogs trade was decent but he's hurt. Even the Randle contract is pretty solid.

It's surreal after how poor our front office was for so long.

Gives hope to fans of other big but mediocre franchises like Chicago who have had years of playing front office management.

And the Knicks have plenty of assets and cap space to add another legit piece next to Brunson.

It's a shame you don't have Randle, I think you could honestly push us to 7 games in the ECF, but still I am not looking foward to that series.

But that is going to be one massive Eastern Finals match ups if everything goes to plan.

A historical Divisional and City Rivarly.

I still fondly remember the historic 2004 ALCS with the Red Sox v Yankees, also less fondly the 2 superbowls between the Patriots and Giants.

Plus recent history between Paul Pierce vs The Knicks at MSG and Porzingis (touchwood) is back to face his original team.

I don't think its wrong to suggest the East Finals could be bigger then the NBA finals from a ratings and media perspective.

Long way to go obviously, but it's a tantalising thought.

Good luck in your series v the Pacers. Knicks in 5 is my prediction.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,709

Post#8526 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:04 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 8,104

Post#8527 » by ITGM » Fri May 3, 2024 6:08 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Brunson was fantastic. It's a massive insult and disservice to suggest he is a foul baiter like Trae Young .

Be better sixers fans, you guys had a tough season and put up a solid fight against the 2nd best team in the East (standings wise)

Be proud of your team, instead of hating on one of the most likeable stars in the game in Jalen Brunson.

Expect some big personal changes coming for Philly this off season (no more Tobias is a massive addition by subtraction)

DBA
Junior
And1: 471

Post#8528 » by DBA » Fri May 3, 2024 6:40 am

Just watched the highlights, great so see Brunson bounce back in the last few games and OG being pivotal in leading the Knicks over the Sixers, happy he got traded to good team and doesn't have to rot on the Raptors. Embiid will never win anything, dude is down 3-2 and is dancing in the 2nd quarter and still loses the game, what a loser. Glad to see the Knicks keep beating up the Sixers after the Raptors went into rebuild.
Cheers to TZ
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,985

Post#8529 » by mcmurphy » Fri May 3, 2024 6:40 am

congrats nyk
what a warrior is Brunson... 2 seasons and 2 first round win (and is not ended yet) with a team easy to root for, without primadonna
kaansunman
Freshman
And1: 52

Post#8530 » by kaansunman » Fri May 3, 2024 7:18 am

me at the thrid quarter after Philly take the double digit lead:
"It's on you Coach Thibs, 7 men rotation two games in a row, fatigue is killing us. Only adjustment you made is more Divincenzo less Mcbride, how are you going to proceed with 6.5 men. That's it, momentum is gone, Sixers will be one of the rare teams that came down from 3-1."
me after Hart made the three:
"Coach Thibs you are a genius, maximizing all the players, push their limits, confidince in each of them."

What a series what a win, it worths all the sleepless nights. Go New York Go New York Go!
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#8531 » by LordCovington33 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:20 am

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q

Real classy. But that’s not a reflection on all Knicks fans, just some drunken idiots.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,922

Post#8532 » by Capn'O » Fri May 3, 2024 7:25 am

doogie_hauser wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

We've made a series of elite moves

Quickley
Brunson
Hartenstein
Hart
Donte
OG
Elevating Deuce

Bogs trade was decent but he's hurt. Even the Randle contract is pretty solid.

It's surreal after how poor our front office was for so long.

Gives hope to fans of other big but mediocre franchises like Chicago who have had years of playing front office management.

And the Knicks have plenty of assets and cap space to add another legit piece next to Brunson.

It's a shame you don't have Randle, I think you could honestly push us to 7 games in the ECF, but still I am not looking foward to that series.

But that is going to be one massive Eastern Finals match ups if everything goes to plan.

A historical Divisional and City Rivarly.

I still fondly remember the historic 2004 ALCS with the Red Sox v Yankees, also less fondly the 2 superbowls between the Patriots and Giants.

Plus recent history between Paul Pierce vs The Knicks at MSG and Porzingis (touchwood) is back to face his original team.

I don't think its wrong to suggest the East Finals could be bigger then the NBA finals from a ratings and media perspective.

Long way to go obviously, but it's a tantalising thought.

Good luck in your series v the Pacers. Knicks in 5 is my prediction.

I think it comes to pass as well. I'm trying not to put a ceiling on it. Just enjoying the ride for a change.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#8533 » by LordCovington33 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:28 am

SweaterBae wrote:@eyeatoma: stfu

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O5SJGav1k4A

Let’s not pretend that Brunson wasn’t getting good whistle too.
Brunson 16 FTAs
Embiid 13 FTAs

Anyway, good luck next round.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,553

Post#8534 » by jkvonny » Fri May 3, 2024 7:39 am

Mk0 wrote:
jkvonny wrote:
Mk0 wrote:I can't wait to watch the Pacers and Knicks beat the hell out of each other. It's like I am a kid again!

:lol:

Same, we are probably around the same age. lol

Gonna have to fire this up before tip-off

Lol

Yes!
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,455

Post#8535 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri May 3, 2024 8:08 am

cgf wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:Not to mention the amount of wasted possessions to try and "get him going" instead of putting the ball in the hands of Brunson

Yep exactly

It's usually a spin move turnover.

He's great as a treadmill season player. Will get you a lot of points, minutes, and even Ws. But fails in the POs when it actually matters. It's almost like he gets mad when the other team actually plays defense.

...that or needing ankle surgery doesn't help your efficiency, but what do I know, I think that a player gritting it out through a serious injury to help his team is a good thing :dontknow:

also randle is good rebounder, plays extremly physical and has a good motor, can get hot at any minute. all of these attributes are good to have in the playoffs. people act like hes garbage but hes all nba, all star for a reason and a very solid #2 or #3 on a very good team. yea he gotta stay composed and cant stay in his head too much, i give you that.
but I dont know why even knicksfans keep this narrative up, when the guy legit played in 2 playoffs only in his career and in both runs he was hurt.
but im tired of trying to explain stuff to ignorant, casual, fairweather fans. im a randle believer and root hard for him to have a healthy run next year.
im bout dat action boss
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,791

Post#8536 » by Butch718 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:11 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:@eyeatoma: stfu

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O5SJGav1k4A

Let’s not pretend that Brunson wasn’t getting good whistle too.
Brunson 16 FTAs
Embiid 13 FTAs

Anyway, good luck next round.

It’s funny because the majority of the season Knick fans were complaining how the refs weren’t giving him calls, even though he was playing out of his mind. Now, he’s finally starting to a superstar whistle. I won’t apologize for that one bit. It’s finally good to have a guy like that on our team for once.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,311

Post#8537 » by doogie_hauser » Fri May 3, 2024 8:14 am

jkvonny wrote:
Mk0 wrote:
jkvonny wrote: :lol:

Same, we are probably around the same age. lol

Gonna have to fire this up before tip-off

Lol

Yes!

Tyrese Haliburton was born to become the heir apparent to Reggie Miller (something in the Pacer midichlorines :) )

Ultimately I think the Knicks are too experienced and talented to lose this series, but I do expect Hali to go off for a 45 point plus game at MSG and hopefully thus becoming a new villian for Knicks home fans to hate much in the same way as Reggie, Michael Jordan and Paul Pierce were in the past.
CD_41
Junior
And1: 410

Post#8538 » by CD_41 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:32 am

Demagoog wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
This is extremely inappropriate. I know you’re upset that your team was eliminated, but this isn’t the route to take. Take some time away from the GB and cool off.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bro is mad MAD.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sixers fans crying about fouls when they have Joel Embiid on their team who regularly gets gifted PHANTOM calls, is so funny to me. LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

You should read the Sixers board, I'm having the time of my life currently.

I thought you were maybe exaggerating, but holy ****. Eyeatoma is on another level of crazy on the Sixers board. Man that dude is full of hatred and crazyness.
"No sense in honoring an internet bet. This isn’t the real world get over stop crying like a baby."
"My first name is Hussien. Would you expect Saddam to honor a bet he made with Kuwait or the US?"

Hussein Fatal after losing a bet.
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 862

Post#8539 » by kacey ring » Fri May 3, 2024 9:34 am

I missed the game on tv, so I scrolled through the box score one line at a time without looking at the final score.

Looks like there were a lot of Mike Breen “BANGGGGG” shots made!
Wargreymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,548

Post#8540 » by Wargreymon » Fri May 3, 2024 10:33 am

Tobias Harris is a bum. Lowry is cooked. Get rid of those 2 and find a 3rd star to take some pressure off Embiid and Maxey. Philly is still in a good position to contend moving forward for another 2 or 3 years before Embiid’s body completely breaks down and he is no longer in his prime

Return to The General Board