2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,508

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#6921 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed May 1, 2024 12:41 pm

cgf wrote:
BigShot Bojan wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:It's called the Euro step...didn't you get the memo?

Lol learn your basic nba, actually no basketball rules bro…he took 3 steps after gather

Who cares? If we hit our FTs and Mitch is more careful that doesn't matter. This loss was because we got sloppy and Maxey Brunson'd us.

Confused where I said that was sole reason ….
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,100

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#6922 » by Im Coming Home » Wed May 1, 2024 12:44 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Obviously you don't follow the Knicks otherwise you would know like most Knicks fans that your Randy in the playoffs, it would ensure an easy sweep for us.

https://youtu.be/gBfU3ltj5t8?si=npOsFmzIRVQBVJVN

As a Sixers fan, I wish he had played too.

Just the fact that the Sixers couldn't focus completely on Brunson would change the series. You couldn't have Oubre or Harris on Randle and If you did it would give more of an advantage to Brunson. So he would definitely change the series, and it would likely be over already with the Knicks advancing

Lol we would just ignore and let your Randy take as many open baskets from distance all day long to ensure our victory. Your just a casual fan watching highlights only otherwise you would know like true Knicks fans who actually follows the Knicks closely. Thibs is a stubborn coach and would play Randy all game long if he can.

https://youtube.com/shorts/XdZEKx445jc?si=cBnAOsQA0Zz8zVu6

Even one of the biggest long time Knicks fan I trust just stated the facts! Brunson is a star in the playoffs!

I am one of the biggest Randle haters in the Knicks fandom. But he changed his approach this year big time, He started playing bullyball in attack in the paint. His efficiency was skyrocketing It was going to be his best season so far with the Knicks even better than his most improved player season.

You are drastically down playing the gravity that Randle commands on the court, If the Sixers tried to ignore him he would easily go for 30.

And again I am one of his biggest ditractors, But I can't in good conscience say that the Knicks are a better team without him.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#6923 » by cgf » Wed May 1, 2024 12:45 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:
cgf wrote:
BigShot Bojan wrote:Lol learn your basic nba, actually no basketball rules bro…he took 3 steps after gather

Who cares? If we hit our FTs and Mitch is more careful that doesn't matter. This loss was because we got sloppy and Maxey Brunson'd us.

I don't think I implied that you did, my bad if that's how it reads. I just don't see the point of bringing it up, it's one of the most minor things that went wrong for us. Much more important things went wrong that we can actually control, so talking about those seems much more relevant to me.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#6924 » by cgf » Wed May 1, 2024 12:46 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Just the fact that the Sixers couldn't focus completely on Brunson would change the series. You couldn't have Oubre or Harris on Randle and If you did it would give more of an advantage to Brunson. So he would definitely change the series, and it would likely be over already with the Knicks advancing

Lol we would just ignore and let your Randy take as many open baskets from distance all day long to ensure our victory. Your just a casual fan watching highlights only otherwise you would know like true Knicks fans who actually follows the Knicks closely. Thibs is a stubborn coach and would play Randy all game long if he can.

https://youtube.com/shorts/XdZEKx445jc?si=cBnAOsQA0Zz8zVu6

Even one of the biggest long time Knicks fan I trust just stated the facts! Brunson is a star in the playoffs!

I am one of the biggest Randle haters in the Knicks fandom. But he changed his approach this year big time, He started playing bullyball in attack in the paint. His efficiency was skyrocketing It was going to be his best season so far with the Knicks even better than his most improved player season.

You are drastically down playing the gravity that Randle commands on the court, If the Sixers tried to ignore him he would easily go for 30.

And again I am one of his biggest ditractors, But I can't in good conscience say that the Knicks are a better team without him.

Even last spring, before Julius remembered that nobody can stop him from getting to the rim 1-on-1, the #s were absolutely clear. Brunson was massively more efficient with Randle on the court than when he wasn't.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,508

Post#6925 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed May 1, 2024 12:49 pm

cgf wrote:
BigShot Bojan wrote:
cgf wrote:

I don't think I implied that you did, my bad if that's how it reads. I just don't see the point of bringing it up, it's one of the most minor things that went wrong for us. Much more important things went wrong that we can actually control, so talking about those seems much more relevant to me.
actually if you read the comments initial post it was alluding to the differing narratives the two fan bases have after a loss…sixers fans (and coach) would be crying about a blown call we are taking it on the chin …we didnt execute
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
cgf
RealGM

Post#6926 » by cgf » Wed May 1, 2024 12:50 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:
cgf wrote:
BigShot Bojan wrote:Confused where I said that was sole reason ….

actually if you read the comments initial post it was alluding to the differing narratives the two fan bases have after a loss…sixers fans (and coach) would be crying about a blown call we are taking it on the chin …we didnt execute

Ah my b then. I'll get back to waking up fully :lol:

Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,964

Post#6927 » by Anticon » Wed May 1, 2024 12:51 pm

All the Knicks needed to do was not give up a four point play...pretty tough one.

Last night also showed the more experienced playoff teams stealing wins, so something may have been in the air.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#6928 » by Jadoogar » Wed May 1, 2024 1:07 pm

Most enjoyable series to watch as a neutral. Kudos to both teams (except Embiid, he's definitely not fun to watch).
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#6929 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 1, 2024 1:20 pm

cgf wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
cgf wrote:Man...Randle being done for the season is still such a bummer. This team is a ton of fun, but it's soooo much better with both of its offensive pillars. Philly hasn't been able to shut down Brunson & the supporting cast at the same time, but they have been able to limit one of the two...and with Julius out there, that turns into one of three.
Obviously you don't follow the Knicks otherwise you would know like most Knicks fans that if your Randy was playing in the playoffs, it would ensure an easy sweep for us.

https://youtu.be/NBATOlH0GIw?si=pWe5zKj8x3HYuvOh

If you followed the Knicks enough to have known that OG's last name was Anunoby without me telling you, I might give your opinion some consideration

Because the reality is that even with Randle playing on an ankle that required surgery last spring, Brunson's efficiency was simply night and day w/ or w/o Randle...and it's Randle, not Randy :wink:

That OG slip-up was like before the trade deadline which you can't let it go for some reason but you have no problem letting go what Randy has done the last 2 times they got into the playoffs Lol

https://youtu.be/t3BH97I5Ur8?si=VaUsR0Ht1-rfC5wp

And anyone who plays like that deserves their own name reference.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#6930 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed May 1, 2024 1:48 pm

All is lining up to another Game 7, Embiid's legacy is definitely on the line, can he prove he can win a Game 7?
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 924

Post#6931 » by NY2k1 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:48 pm

Ultimately, the Knicks are still in the driver's seat, up 3-2.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#6932 » by Stannis » Wed May 1, 2024 1:53 pm

All momentum is with the 76ers now. And the Knicks have unlocked Maxey's ultimate mode

This is starting to feel similar to the Heat series last year where even Brunson was getting tired and started making stupid mistakes.

Knicks had this series won and all they had to do was not give up a 4-point play. You saw it in the players and coaches faces. They are done. They don't have it in them to play 2 more games in this series.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#6933 » by Stannis » Wed May 1, 2024 1:53 pm

NY2k1 wrote:Ultimately, the Knicks are still in the driver's seat, up 3-2.

I have to disagree. 76ers have a 1-2 punch with Maxey and Embiid. 76ers can just let Brunson drop +40 and let the other Knick players shoot poorly and make mistakes.
Free Palestine
cgf
RealGM

Post#6934 » by cgf » Wed May 1, 2024 1:56 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
cgf wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Obviously you don't follow the Knicks otherwise you would know like most Knicks fans that if your Randy was playing in the playoffs, it would ensure an easy sweep for us.

If you followed the Knicks enough to have known that OG's last name was Anunoby without me telling you, I might give your opinion some consideration

Because the reality is that even with Randle playing on an ankle that required surgery last spring, Brunson's efficiency was simply night and day w/ or w/o Randle...and it's Randle, not Randy :wink:

That OG slip-up was like before the trade deadline which you can't let it go for some reason but you have no problem letting go what Randy has done the last 2 times they got into the playoffs Lol

https://youtu.be/t3BH97I5Ur8?si=VaUsR0Ht1-rfC5wp

And anyone who plays like that deserves their own name reference.

Just stop.

Read on Twitter

bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,546

Post#6935 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:56 pm

Stannis wrote:All momentum is with the 76ers now. And the Knicks have unlocked Maxey's ultimate mode

This is starting to feel similar to the Heat series last year where even Brunson was getting tired and started making stupid mistakes.

Knicks had this series won and all they had to do was not give up a 4-point play. You saw it in the players and coaches faces. They are done. They don't have it in them to play 2 more games in this series.

Oh man. The sky is falling.

Was this your reaction when Embiid had 50 in G3?
In-N-Out 247
Junior
And1: 250

Post#6936 » by In-N-Out 247 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:00 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:If roles were reversed sixers fans would’ve cried about Maxey clearly traveling on his 4pt play

Sure looked like a travel to me.

A lot of these plays where the offensive player is taking an exceedingly long gather to get into shooting position look really funny to me and it seems to be happening a lot more lately. This one in particular he actually set his feet after the gather then took another step.

Amazing shot though, props to Maxey.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#6937 » by NoStatsGuy » Wed May 1, 2024 2:01 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
cgf wrote:Man...Randle being done for the season is still such a bummer. This team is a ton of fun, but it's soooo much better with both of its offensive pillars. Philly hasn't been able to shut down Brunson & the supporting cast at the same time, but they have been able to limit one of the two...and with Julius out there, that turns into one of three.
Obviously you don't follow the Knicks otherwise you would know like most Knicks fans that if your Randy was playing in the playoffs, it would ensure an easy sweep for us.

you dont know what you are talking about. sorry to say that. this series would have been 10 times easier with randle, who is our true workhorse down low and a body to bang. he would have been huge for us in this series.
im bout dat action boss
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,853

Post#6938 » by Dirk » Wed May 1, 2024 2:03 pm

blueNorange wrote:
DaGawd wrote:i guess eyeatoma and hussein fatal aren’t coming out to play any more.. they took their ball and went home :(

it’s a shame, they were popping off after game 3

if i recall a lot of “stop bitching” posts

:laugh:

Look what you both did.
60/21/10
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,853

Post#6939 » by Dirk » Wed May 1, 2024 2:12 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
You got closet Nets fan on your board , he brings bad karma :lol:

lmfaooo don't do my boy MDB like that :lol: like perk he been wit us since last year

Make him wear the Knicks badge then :lol:

He still wears Liberty which is actually under Nets ownership ( Tsai )

He is no longer a Nets fan and identifies as a Knicks fan now or he's just neutral and hangs out with the Knicks board?

MDB and Prok gone from the Nets is a big hit.
60/21/10
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 924

Post#6940 » by NY2k1 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:19 pm

Stannis wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:Ultimately, the Knicks are still in the driver's seat, up 3-2.

I have to disagree. 76ers have a 1-2 punch with Maxey and Embiid. 76ers can just let Brunson drop +40 and let the other Knick players shoot poorly and make mistakes.

The adjustment is to double-team Maxey and not Embiid. Embiid is not 100% and is hobbled. Or, do what they did at the end of game 4 in the 4th, use Precious on Maxey and OG on Embiid. Not sure why Thibs went away with what worked then last night..

Return to The General Board