2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

Johnny Tomala
Veteran
And1: 2,126

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers 

Post#81 » by Johnny Tomala » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:41 am

76ers in 6.
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 625

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers 

Post#82 » by donkki » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 am

Not worried at all for the Knicks. The Knicks won the season series 3-1, with all three wins being blowouts. Knicks in 4.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,188

Post#83 » by DaGawd » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:09 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:LOL

holy ****

Jalen Brunson exploded because he's one of the biggest floppers in the league. He's a great guard, but the only reason he's thriving is what Hussein said. The team is built around him. The Sixers are not built around Maxey.

Maxey is younger, a better shooter, faster, and an incredible finisher. He also has the most 50 point games this year tied with Embiid and someone else I forgot. Brunson is no slouch don't get me wrong. But the two are far closer than you think. It's okay though you guys are finally having some success after 15+ years of ineptitude I like the passion.

Read on Twitter

Also, Maxey without Embiid this season:

26.3 points / 5.6 assists on 54.2% TS

Brunson without Randle this season:

31.5 points / 7.1 assists on 58.5% TS

Maxey is not on the same level as Brunson at all. Let’s stop that conversation right now. Maxey hasn’t even reached the playoff heights that Brunson saw in Dallas, let alone what he did for us last season. And those teams were built around him either. If that’s the rebuttal for why he’s been better than Maxey isn’t better at all.

crazy the amount of baseless claims that get thrown out by opposing fans as facts…
BaF
Washington Wizards
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,456

Post#84 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:15 am

eyeatoma wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:Sixers should win this, it would be very disappointing if they didn’t. But if embiid can carry over his 4th quarter play from tonight into this series the sixers shouldn’t lose more than 2 games. With embiid this season the sixers are 32-8 .800 win% equivalent to a 66 win season. Even a hobbled Embiid is still comfortably the best player in this series. Not to mention Maxey is every bit as good as Brunson. Sixers in 6.

LOL

holy ****

Jalen Brunson exploded because he's one of the biggest floppers in the league. He's a great guard, but the only reason he's thriving is what Hussein said. The team is built around him. The Sixers are not built around Maxey.

Maxey is younger, a better shooter, faster, and an incredible finisher. He also has the most 50 point games this year tied with Embiid and someone else I forgot. Brunson is no slouch don't get me wrong. But the two are far closer than you think. It's okay though you guys are finally having some success after 15+ years of ineptitude I like the passion.

Come on my ****. Brunson is a candidate for MVP while Maxey is a teetering all star. At best he's an all star, the two are not the same right now. Not even close
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,598

Post#85 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:LOL

holy ****

Come on my ****. Brunson is a candidate for MVP while Maxey is a teetering all star. At best he's an all star, the two are not the same right now. Not even close
Teetering Allstar. Lost all credibility there.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,866

Post#86 » by cgf » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:27 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:Sixers should win this, it would be very disappointing if they didn’t. But if embiid can carry over his 4th quarter play from tonight into this series the sixers shouldn’t lose more than 2 games. With embiid this season the sixers are 32-8 .800 win% equivalent to a 66 win season. Even a hobbled Embiid is still comfortably the best player in this series. Not to mention Maxey is every bit as good as Brunson. Sixers in 6.

You realize that one of those 8 loses came to the Knicks the only time Embiid played us this season right? It was an absolute ass-kicking even though we didn't have Robinson for that one, and Brunson was easily the best player in that game.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,598

Post#87 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:28 am

cgf wrote:

You realize that one of those 8 loses came to the Knicks the only time Embiid played us this season right? It was an absolute ass-kicking even though we didn't have Robinson for that one, and Brunson was easily the best player in that game.
Embiid got hurt but ok.

cgf
RealGM

Post#88 » by cgf » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:29 am

baldur wrote:
Long2_noD wrote:Who would win:

Tier 1 NBA team vs some college boyz from the same city

76ers is a tier 1 nba team?

Have to figure that poster meant the Knicks are the tier one team. Dunno which Philly players share a hometown though :-/
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#89 » by cgf » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:31 am

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:

Embiid got hurt but ok.

Joel played 36 minutes and was -29, the only thing that got hurt in that game was his pride.

cgf
RealGM

Post#90 » by cgf » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:36 am

eyeatoma wrote:
baldur wrote:
Long2_noD wrote:Who would win:

Tier 1 NBA team vs some college boyz from the same city

76ers is a tier 1 nba team?

32-8 with Embiid and Maxey.

32-8 w/ Joel is an 80% win rate (65.6 win pace)
20-3 w/ OG is an 87% win rate (71.3 win pace)

It's pretty clear which is the tier 1 team...

QingJames
Sixth Man
And1: 2,272

Post#91 » by QingJames » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:38 am

Philly will probably win this series because Embiid doesn’t usually run out of gas and choke and fail until round 2. He looked really bad in the play-in though, so who knows, he may be preparing an even bigger failure than his usual annual embarrassment.
eyeatoma wrote:You guys still dont' get it. Playoff accomplishment don't matter when you're up for your 1st MVP. When you're up for your 3rd in a row, damn straight it matters, as the only ones who done it are top 15 players of all time who have won rings.
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,462

Post#92 » by ag3 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:57 pm

The Knicks with OG are 21-3.
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,462

Post#93 » by ag3 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:00 pm

QingJames wrote:Philly will probably win this series because Embiid doesn’t usually run out of gas and choke and fail until round 2. He looked really bad in the play-in though, so who knows, he may be preparing an even bigger failure than his usual annual embarrassment.

It's not a failure. The Knicks are the better team.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,511

Post#94 » by Statlanta » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:17 pm

If Nick Nurse is such a genius coach and upgrade over Doc Rivers that Raptors fans and Sixers fans say he is, he should win this series against an injured team.
Aaron Gordon, Devin Booker, Tyrese Halliburton, Trae Young, Anthony Edwards and Luka Doncic all made the Conference Finals.

Where’s Joel Embiid?
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,390

Post#95 » by Scalabrine » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:Embiid is not injured or out of shape, so I don't understand why people keep saying that. People see him struggling and think he must be hurt or something, but he is ok. He simply performs poorly against proper defensive schemes.
Knicks in 7

He just looks like he's obviously limping around. He had to leave the game in the 4th quarter for a few minutes to catch his breath. It just seems like he's obviously both not 100% in shape and hobbled. I expect him to play through it and still be effective, but I think youre ignoring the obvious here.
Go Knicks!
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#96 » by Hussien Fatal » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:56 pm

Sweet Serenity wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
No he’s not lol

Brunson lead his team to the 2 seed without his second best player for a third of the season. Maxey was 6 games below 500 when without Embiid.
Brunson’s a borderline top 10 player, Maxey isn’t even cracking the top 20 in the league.

Isn’t cracking the top 20? Maxey is definitely a top 20 player.

The knicks are build around Brunson the sixers aren’t built around maxey so of course the sixers would struggle without Embiid. If Tyrese had a team built around him I’m sure he would post similar scoring #’s as Brunson. Brunson is also 4 years older and he isn’t a top 10 player he’s more in that 12–15 range maxey is in the 15-18 range. Considering the 4 year age gap I’d rather have Maxey.

So like I said he’s every bit as good as Brunson, Brunson obviously had a better season but that doesn’t mean he’s the sure fire better player. both are all stars one will win MIP and the other will make an All NBA team. Both had great seasons.

In a weak Eastern Conference he lead the team to a 14-20 record without Embiid. You’d have to be a fool to believe that’s a top 15-18 player.

Clearly you haven’t watched Maxey play much this season. He established himself as one of the best perimeter players in the league. Despite the sixers record without Embiid he is still in that top 15 range.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#97 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:10 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Embiid is not injured or out of shape, so I don't understand why people keep saying that. People see him struggling and think he must be hurt or something, but he is ok. He simply performs poorly against proper defensive schemes.
Knicks in 7

He just looks like he's obviously limping around. He had to leave the game in the 4th quarter for a few minutes to catch his breath. It just seems like he's obviously both not 100% in shape and hobbled. I expect him to play through it and still be effective, but I think youre ignoring the obvious here.

You haven't seen him in other playoffs then, like last year against Celtics, he was gasping for air too, dude just has poor stamina. He is never in shape, it gives the illusion he is in shape in RS because there is less defense being played, it's not as hard to score, etc. In playoffs, all is higher intensity, from defense to offense, his stamina is not up to par.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,895

Post#98 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:10 pm

Interesting. Vegas has Sixers as the favorites, but the overwhelming majority of the posts in this thread have the Knicks in 5 or 6.

So, what specific things are the sharps in Vegas missing? I guess they are ready to give money away - yes?
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,895

Post#99 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 pm

Statlanta wrote:If Nick Nurse is such a genius coach and upgrade over Doc Rivers that Raptors fans and Sixers fans say he is, he should win this series against an injured team.

Yup. He should.

The Sixers 2nd half last night was night-and-day versus a Doc Rivers or Brett Brown coached team. Both of those guys would have lost that game last night....and the Sixers haters on this board know it.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#100 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:14 pm

QingJames wrote:Philly will probably win this series because Embiid doesn’t usually run out of gas and choke and fail until round 2. He looked really bad in the play-in though, so who knows, he may be preparing an even bigger failure than his usual annual embarrassment.

He ran out of gas yesterday already lol

Return to The General Board